OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just unsure about the shooter. From watching other cases I would guess they found the shooter at the scene fom the responses I am seeing. There are no warnings going out here, school lockdowns have been lifted. The only thing they ar saying though is there is not an active shooter investigation.

I'm thinking the eight victim possibly will be the shooter.

At least 8 dead in Ohio shootings at 4 scenes

Deadly shootings reported in Pike County

Posted: 10:47 AM, April 22, 2016
Updated: 2:54 PM, April 22, 2016

IKETON, Ohio - At least eight people were found dead Friday in four locations in rural Ohio, authorities said.

Seven of them, including two children, were slain in "execution-style killings" at three homes along a rural road, but no arrests were made and it's unclear whether the killer or killers were among the dead, authorities said Friday.

Details on the death of the eighth person weren't immediately available, but the body was found in a fourth location, said Jill Del Greco, spokeswoman with the Bureau of Criminal Investigation. Attorney General Mike DeWine planned to provide an update in Pike County later Friday afternoon, she said...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/national/shootings-with-multiple-fatalities-reported-in-ohio

I continue to get email updates on the story from local (Detroit) TV station WDIV.

Fox 19 is reporting 2 infants were found in the home an taken to the hosp. but they weren't harmed

Fox 19 is reporting 2 infants were found in the home an taken to the hosp. but they weren't harmed

There was talk of two "survivors" so maybe that's them. I assumed "survivors" meant people who were injured. But maybe they weren't. That would be amazing.

I'm headed out to see my new grandbaby. I'll try to check back whenever I can get internet

I think the Sheriff will be giving an update at 4pm. Not sure if that means press conference or what.

Oh my goodness, just saw this on the news - I am horrified!

Not sure if this has already been posted: A five-day old baby and a six-month old have been found alive at one of the locations.

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s.../pike-county-mass-shooting-april-22/83380444/

From link:

A Pike County victim's advocate said a five-day-old child and six-month-old child were found alive in one of the homes. Leonard Manley, who told the Cincinnati Enquirer he is the father and grandfather of some of the victims, said that two young children had been taken to Adams County Regional Medical Center, but the hospital would not confirm that.

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but I wonder if this has anything to do with the recent death of another Rhoden family member, who is to be buried tomorrow (I believe).

OMG they don't know who is responsible, do they?

Call came in before 8 am. 3 children are alive, 4 day old, 6 month old & a 3 year old. One male teenager found, all others are adults. If there is a shooter(s) still out there, they are armed and dangerous.

7 adults, 1 juvenile
all shot in the head execution style
residents should be aware of possible armed and dangerous people
They believe that they are still at large
don't panic but be careful
family members of victims should be very careful and take precaution
this is a question of public safety and members of the family

OMG they don't know who is responsible, do they?

That is what I am trying to get a grasp on. They are giving pretty strong warnings that someone could be out there armed and they even said the Rhoden family needs to be particularly careful (my interpretation not their exact words.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni