OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am surprised no arrest this morning. With a crime so brazen and multiple crime scenes, there is surely good evidence left behind. I would think anyone with this kind of a grudge against an entire family would not be able to keep that hate to himself. People must know who would want them all dead.

ETA Remember a case near Houston just last year where an entire family was killed , save one, by a disgruntled ex husband .

It was a family member who found the first victims when she went to feed the animals. She must've lived nearby, yet she wasn't harmed. So maybe not all of the family members were targets?

This was carefully planned . This person/persons that did this knew each move they were going to make . My mind directly moves to possible drug motive as well? Maybe someone was sent to do this ? I'm just speculating obviously , but cartel are known to take out entire families. But, I also think the cartel wouldn't spare the children.
My guess is that this family had to have known the suspect/suspects- this person knew exactly where to go to find each family member.
This is just so haunting and horrific. My heart aches for this poor family and those poor babies. Makes me sick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I first heard about this yesterday, I thought that it was a family member that was responsible and was sure that the killer was among one of the dead . But after learning of the 8th victim , 30 miles away.... It made me think of an organized plot to take out this family . I'm not so sold on the suspect being family now. I think more than one person planned this massacre.
Did they say about what time the killings took place ? I know it was possibly in the middle of the night.
My mind continues to go towards drugs- some sort of revenge .

Since the babies and toddler were spared, I am still leaning toward friend or relative as the killer. I also haven't seen anything to indicate drugs at this point. Obviously that's always a possibility since drugs are everywhere these days. But so far I haven't seen anything to lead my mind that way. Time will tell, of course.

I think you can shoot someone (or many) in the head and still have it be very personal.

I know you hate firearms Montjoy, and I respect that, but I have never seen one person apologize for being law abiding gun owners. Apologize for what?

However, many multiple victims have been murdered by other methods other than a firearm. There are eight victims here. The same amount of victims were murdered by Guy Heinz Jr when he bludgeoned to death 8 family members. What this shows is when someone is hell bent on doing heinous acts against multiple victims it can and is done by whatever weapon of choice they decided to choose.

What truly matters is catching this person or persons so justice can be done.

IMO

(I don't think you know what the word 'apologist' means. Nowhere did I say anyone was apologizing for being a gun owner.)

Please don't put words in my mouth or pretend to know what I think -- I never said that I hate firearms, and I don't. There are many people who have a legitimate reason to have them. I hate the absurd lack of regulation of firearms in the US that has caused a multi-generational epidemic of violence.

Nowhere did I say that rampage and mass killings do not occur without firearms. I said that it so rarely happens. Sure, you can come up with an anecdote -- maybe more -- of someone killing several others without a gun. But that doesn't change the fact that in the USA, it is exceedingly rare that such an event happens without a firearm.

Here are some facts for you, rather than an anecdote. Check out the lists on the page linked below. There are columns for weapons used. Look at the US cases of rampage killings -- how many of took place without the use of a firearm? And how many involved firearms?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rampage_killers

Just because someone could engage in a mass or rampage killing with a weapon other than a firearm does not in the least change the fact that it almost never happens.

This was carefully planned . This person/persons that did this knew each move they were going to make . My mind directly moves to possible drug motive as well? Maybe someone was sent to do this ? I'm just speculating obviously , but cartel are known to take out entire families. But, I also think the cartel wouldn't spare the children.
My guess is that this family had to have known the suspect/suspects- this person knew exactly where to go to find each family member.
This is just so haunting and horrific. My heart aches for this poor family and those poor babies. Makes me sick.

Like you I think this ties into drugs. IMO the cartels are involved at some point but it's more likely that the shooter(s) were local middlemen rather than gunmen from south of the border. In the Age of Trump they wouldent risk actual cartel gunmen being caught on American soil, they "outsource" to maintain deniability. They spared the youngest kids probably because they personally knew the victims.

Like you I think this ties into drugs. IMO the cartels are involved at some point but it's more likely that the shooter(s) were local middlemen rather than gunmen from south of the border. In the Age of Trump they wouldent risk actual cartel gunmen being caught on American soil, they "outsource" to maintain deniability. They spared the youngest kids probably because they personally knew the victims.

I lived in Columbus for about 9 years- recently moved back home to Cleveland.
While I was at OSU, for one of my classes, I did a ride along with CPD- they took me to the evidence warehouse. There was a massive stack of packaged marijuana- weighing over 1000 pounds . I was told that it was cartel related and that the building was being surveilled by "suspects"- rising slowly past daily. now, this was years ago- but I was told of cartel presence . I agree with the middleman piece- someone was sent to do this possibly?
From what I've read or researched, cartel wipes out everyone including children- no questions asked. This person had purposefully spared their lives.
Who knows.... This is just so crazy to me.
All of this is just speculation and conversation obviously. I will probably change my views on the situation ten times! Everyone makes good points.

It was a family member who found the first victims when she went to feed the animals. She must've lived nearby, yet she wasn't harmed. So maybe not all of the family members were targets?

That was reported as being DMR's sister, so not technically a Rhoden family member and not targeted. This is a very specific beef with the Rhodens, apparently.

Just curious, does anyone know the specific ages of adult victims?

What I'm most curious about is why the 16 year old was found in a house alone.. On a school day.. Who did he live with?

What I'm most curious about is why the 16 year old was found in a house alone.. On a school day.. Who did he live with?
Maybe he was staying with a friend or girlfriend. Is it confirmed that he was alone?

Since the babies and toddler were spared, I am still leaning toward friend or relative as the killer. I also haven't seen anything to indicate drugs at this point. Obviously that's always a possibility since drugs are everywhere these days. But so far I haven't seen anything to lead my mind that way. Time will tell, of course.

I think you can shoot someone (or many) in the head and still have it be very personal.

When I heard about the family member that lived 40 miles away,( not sure how far) that was shot with her 5 day old baby sleeping beside her... my mind immediately went to baby daddy. He could be estranged, with bad blood/not liked by the other family members? This woman had just had a baby, and there has been no mention of hubby/boyfriend at all. She appeared to be living alone with new baby? Baby spared (thank goodness)
IDK, but my bet's on whoever he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member