OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I've gathered gary is kenneths son and Kenneth and Chris are brothers

Possible inheritance?

I did think of the same thing, Tulessa.

It is horrible to know such things do happen but inheritances can bring out the worst in families. Some family members in the past have murdered their family member/s due to being cutout of a Will or cutout of a piece of property.

Does anyone know how much land the family owns in that county?

After thinking about it some more I am back to thinking its not a drug hit. Drug dealers are ruthless and they do execution style murders but they usually wipe everyone out including small children.

I cant remember where I read it now but one of the articles mentioned that two of the survivors had been sent to the hospital? Have you read about that and who they are? tia

IMO

Chris Rhoden-ex husband of Dana, father to Frankie, Hanna and Chris
Dana Rhoden-ex wife of Chris, mother to Frankie, Hanna and Chris
Kenneth Rhoden-brother to Chris Rhoden
Gary Rhoden-son to Kenneth Rhoden
Frankie Rhoden-son to Chris and Dana
Hannah Gilley-girfriend to Frankie
Hanna Rhoden-daughter to Chris and Dana
Chris Rhoden-teen son to Chris and Dana

THANK YOU!!
This is extremely helpful, as I've had a terrible time keeping everyone straight... in large part because so many of them share the same name.

Now that I have a better understanding of who's who, I think it's possible the person(s) who did this may have wanted vengeance on Chris Sr & his brother Kenneth for some (real or perceived) wrong. So, he/she/they killed the brothers and everyone else they loved.

But, of course, any scenario is equally as likely at this point. The part that really throws a wrench in every possible theory for me is the fact that they took the time to drive 10-15 minutes to make sure they also killed Kenneth.

I also keep trying to remember that we don't really know what time these murders took place. We only know the time of the 911 calls. They may have been dead for hours before the one family member found them, and Kenneth may have been killed first (but just the last one found).

Gary is a nephew, but he might be another brothers son. According to the obit of Chris' father, there's four brothers. That list should be modified to just say Gary Rhoden nephew then. I know all the rest are correct, I've been all over their social media since last night and the media articles today.

Thanks for all of your searching Winterrose! Yeah, the obituary listed one of Clarence's brothers as Kenny and I believe Kenneth Sr is the father of Gary Rhoden. So confusing. All of this is giving me a headache!

Gary is a nephew, but he might be another brothers son. According to the obit of Chris' father, there's four brothers. That list should be modified to just say Gary Rhoden nephew then. I know all the rest are correct, I've been all over their social media since last night and the media articles today.

Four living brothers prior to Thursday night, that is. They had another brother who had died previously.

Hi Everyone,

We will allow discussion of the murdered family's criminal history.

Please do not disparage anyone over their criminal history. It is to be used only as a tool to help continue the discussion.

Please keep it real. No wild theories where you need to suspend reality to believe.

No mention of minor's names as well.

Thanks,
Tricia

I cant remember where I read it now but one of the articles mentioned that two of the survivors had been sent to the hospital? Have you read about that and who they are? tia

IMO

I think they took the babies to be checked out, but they were all ok, I don't know if they're with extended family or CPS now, but I would suspect the latter until everything's sorted out.

Quick Question.

Do we have a post here that links to the 911 call? If so can someone quote it for me?

Thanks,
Tricia

Here's one link, Tricia.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...alls-911-reveal-theres-blood-all-over-n561041

I've not been able to hear the recording on any of the news articles yet, perhaps they're flooded with internet traffic right now.

ETA: Some transcript from the article

The first call was placed at 7:49 a.m., according to the audio, which was released by Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine and Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader. The caller tells the 911 dispatcher she arrived to find the home locked, but knew where the key was, so she let herself in.

Once inside, she saw her brother-in-law and another man "laying on the floor."

"I think they're both dead. Looks like someone has beat the (expletive) out of them," she said. The call is punctuated by her stopping to catch her breath and crying.

The next call was placed at 1:26 p.m. at a different location from a man who identified himself as Kenneth Rhoden.

"It's all that stuff that's on the news," he says. "I just found my cousin with a gunshot wound."

When asked whether his cousin is alive, he responds, "No. No."

Kenneth Rhoden, according to Pike county records, had arrests for violating a protective order. Dana Rhoden had been arrested for domestic violence and resisting arrest in 2000. She plead to the latter and the former charge was dropped. She was, however, ordered no contact with April Crabtree (who subsequently married Dana's brother James). After serving 5 years probation, she was charged with domestic violence in 2006. Chris' father Clarence was convicted of gross sexual imposition. Maybe some of this history has a bearing on the case.

This is just my opinion on why the babies may have been spared. What if the killer(s) were not planning on killing any minors. It was established that the 16yo male was found at an intersection possibly fleeing, right? What if he was only killed because he had seen the shooter? The others are too young to know what happened (thankfully) but the 16yo could have identified them.
Also, were all places hit at the same time? I ask because it seems to me at least that the sites were close enough in proximity that a person MIGHT hear gunshots and be woken up. If everyone killed was in bed and asleep, then it seems, at least to me, that many more than one person was involved. Especially if the adult males were beaten.
I'm assuming here, but based on pics the family owned guns, right? So why wouldn't or couldn't at least one of them get their guns and defend themselves? NOT ARGUING FOR OR AGAINST GUN OWNERSHIP I'm genuinely confused why they didn't hear the shots and go investigate.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

And I wonder if they heard the first gun shot and ran in to see what was going on, and then beaten and shot. If this is the way it played out then one person could do it..

Valid questions Toralei. I honestly think that 2-3 of the murder locations were close enough that one could hear the gunshots when they started from any of the locations. With multiple victims at each of these locations, it's obvious that not all were killed while asleep. I think this would be very difficult for a single person to pull off.

I wouldn't read to much into the evidence that they had been "beaten". Post mortem bruising may have made it appear that they had been beaten even if they had only been shot. Whoever found them , unless trained, probably would not realize this.

Also, were all places hit at the same time? I ask because it seems to me at least that the sites were close enough in proximity that a person MIGHT hear gunshots and be woken up. If everyone killed was in bed and asleep, then it seems, at least to me, that many more than one person was involved.

SBM for relevance ...

I think so too... only other explanation would be if the person/s used a silencer.

That's true about PM Bruising, but how long after death does that appear? Has a time of death been established yet or are we still thinking they were asleep because they were in bed? It's also possible (although horrible) that they were all awake and separated. Do we know where (what room) everyone was found in?

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Direct link recording of 911 calls:

[video=youtube;mZ7bVwytJTc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ7bVwytJTc[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads