OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched the interview with the father and I truly feel so so sorry and heartbroken for him and the family. This is probably all too unreal to him and unbelievable - however, after hearing some of his responses , I think he surely has a suspect or suspects in mind.
Additionally, it's obvious he has a deep mistrust for the LE in his county. There must be a history of personal negative dealings with LE- in regards to him and his family .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or as traffic offenses are not considered a criminal offense he could have said "not in any criminal sense".
And in doing so, been fair to the victims and also fair to the department (they might not have been totally oblivious to what the victim's were engaged in).

I posted one alternate theory that I do not believe, but just to throw it out there. Either I posted it wrong or it got snipped - :)

<modsnip>

Just a wild and wacky thought. No basis whatsoever other than capabilities of the perpetrators.

Ok sorry. Didn't know.

And the notion that he was "dragged" in the bathroom. I'm thinking there was somewhat of a struggle. But I believe that these two victims were outnumbered- they were beaten by more than one person. For her to imply that they were "beaten", I imagine being black and blue, swollen, etc- did the caller indicate that they had been shot? Didn't she just say beaten?
In my opinion, I feel like could determine between a gun shot wound and a severe beating.... But who knows. I have no idea where exactly he was shot (front or back) and at what range

I would not be surprised to hear they were outnumbered. That would make the most sense at this point.

I would still like to know how *advertiser censored**** Rhoden died (so young, and she died in october last year). Some one here said they thought they were not related, but all the Rhodens who now are killed are friends with her on Facebook. It might not have anything to do with this case, but that depends on how he died.

Yes, it turns out she is related to these victims. But I doubt the deaths are related at all.

But the family member also said there was 'blood all over the house'. That doesn't sound like someone just being shot while in bed. There very well could have been a fight or a struggle or perhaps an outright beating and even torture going on. How does blood get 'all over the house' if someone is executed while in bed?

Shotguns are messy and the type of gun used hasn't been reported. Shotguns are also very loud. AFAIK, there's no such thing as a silencer for a shotgun.

So the killers weren't after the plants. They must've been looking for money - a big wad of money, or they just wanted to eliminate the competition. To kill so many people over a car doesn't make sense - it has to be something big. I'm amazed that you guys have come up with what you have. Good detectives!

I don't think they were after the plants either. They know all the plants would be destroyed by authorities and I think that is their point. I think it was someone in the area and I do think it was to eliminate the competition or that the family may have stolen some business from them. The reason I say that is because of the previous incident in February. I do not believe the Rhoden family was involved with that. I think it was another grower and perhaps when they got busted the Rhoden family started taking their clients. I went through the public records on Pike County website and looked at hearing dates and traffic violations as well as cases filed and there have been no arrests of any Rhoden family member. It is time consuming, but there are several options for who the husband and wife are from the February bust. I am not going to post any of those options, because it would be speculating, but you would need to look for a traffic stop for a female and an arrest of a male with the same last name who has a drug charge. I think it was someone local that knew the family and where all of them would be and that it was planned out and very specific.

I would still like to know how Arial Rhoden died (so young, and she died in october last year). Some one here said they thought they were not related, but all the Rhodens who now are killed are friends with her on Facebook. It might not have anything to do with this case, but that depends on how he died.

Dana also posted a memorial video to Arial
on her flipagram. Google Dana Rhoden Flipagram and scroll down the page.

In my area I've heard gunshots a couple of times and I'm next to a major highway and interstate. Once I was outside once inside and I heard it over the TV.

Now in the country it is so quiet and there isn't background noise like here. At least 7 shots, I'm not sure how people didn't hear this, especially if the three houses weren't hit at the same time.

Does anyone know how close the closest neighbors are?

Regarding the relative whose death is unrelated, she was sick. Safe to close the book on that one.

I still wonder. If they were this deep into grow operations that they may have been dabbling in dealing other drugs and it hasn't been mentioned. Obviously they are holding a lot close to the vest.

In my area I've heard gunshots a couple of times and I'm next to a major highway and interstate. Once I was outside once inside and I heard it over the TV.

Now in the country it is so quiet and there isn't background noise like here. At least 7 shots, I'm not sure how people didn't hear this, especially if the three houses weren't hit at the same time.

Does anyone know how close the closest neighbors are?

I wonder if silencers were used. JMO. That would also prevent others from waking up.

If they are helping to fry larger fish no names would be on record with charges attached

What gets me is the door was locked, there was a key around there. Bobbi said she knew where the key was at, and unlocked it obviously. The suspects either knew where the key was by being there before and seeing them place the key somewhere, or they had been watching from a distance in the preplanning. It's a freaky thought thinking people would be watching to execute people.

Or they were welcomed there or brought there by one of the victims.

Didn't Hanna R also work at the nursing home where her mother worked? So if what grandpa says is true, and it is somehow related to the nursing home, it could relate to either Dana or Hanna.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4