GUILTY WA - Ingrid Lyne, 40, Seattle, 8 Apr 2016 #3

I heard on NG that JC isn't giving permission to show his face because he wanted to appear in a suit and they wouldn't give him one. Idk if that's the truth but I heard it there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It has already been reported that the FBI is investigating him as a serial murderer. I think allowing him to be photographed or any part of the trial process to be televised gives him undue attention and plants the seeds of urban legend, aside from the already stated reasons regarding jury pollution. I can't speak for this judge, but IMO the last thing they need is to give him the tiniest satisfaction or accolade. I believe he would be thrilled to see the media plaster his face everywhere with some cool made up moniker like "The Green Eyed Killer" and then start writing speculation on how he has murdered hundreds of women including Ingrid, and "here ,this hypothetical fuzzy court photo of him proves it!"

I've never heard of a murder suspect having the right to deny his face to be shown, but a lawyer can probably chime in on that.

I wouldn't read a whole lot into the order not to photograph JC. I seem to recall lots of pictures from the neck down of defendants in the Seattle news. My sense is, the defense thinks it could unfairly prejudice someone and the judge doesn't see a reason to do it. And at this point in the game, I'm not sure it really matters.

Talking about his family's possible resources made me think of something else. If his family were going to help him hire outside counsel instead of using a public defender, I wonder do you think they would have done it by now? I found one court document that listed his attorney representing him today as Anna Samuel, who is still part of the public defender's office. I just wonder if he will stick with that representation or if anyone will get him more high-profile defense attorneys.

Good question. I wonder if journalists are allowed to at least describe what they see, though I haven't seen any of them directly report on seeing his injuries from their visits to the courtroom.

This is not related, but I found it interesting that one reporter stated the jail staff don't want JC in civilian clothing in court because of the risk of escape. (https://twitter.com/KnicelyKIRO7)

That's interesting because if that's the case then why not no bail?? They did raise it to 5M but family only needs to post $500,000 for him to get out. I believe they need collateral for the rest but from the looks of the parents property I don't think that's impossible. But question is would they? I believe they would try to help him especially after reading the cousins interview with people.

[h=1]Suspect in Ingrid Lyne murder pleads not guilty[/h]

http://www.king5.com/news/crime/suspect-in-ingrid-lyne-murder-pleads-not-guilty/156173955

SEATTLE – The man accused of murdering and dismembering Renton mother Ingrid Lyne pleaded not guilty to first degree murder Wednesday.
John Robert Charlton, 37, also pleaded not guilty to stealing Lyne’s car.
Lyne’s partial remains were found in a recycling bin in Seattle’s Central District April 9. Prosecutors say Charlton killed Lyne, dismembered her body, and drove to Seattle to discard her remains.
Police were also investigating remains found in another recycle bin a block-and-a-half away.
Charlton could face 21-to-28 years in prison if convicted.

His bail was also raised to 5M. Hmm I wonder if DA found out his family has a lot of money and the amount needed 10% of the 2M $200,000 could have been posted.

His parents have a huge home and property in Idaho. His cousin said he was a preppy guy.

Not to quibble, but a huge home in Idaho doesn't have to be expensive. On Zillow, there is a 6 bedroom, 3 bath house in Salmon, ID for $359k on 10 acres of land.

[h=1]Suspect in Ingrid Lyne murder pleads not guilty[/h]

http://www.king5.com/news/crime/suspect-in-ingrid-lyne-murder-pleads-not-guilty/156173955

SEATTLE – The man accused of murdering and dismembering Renton mother Ingrid Lyne pleaded not guilty to first degree murder Wednesday.
John Robert Charlton, 37, also pleaded not guilty to stealing Lyne’s car.
Lyne’s partial remains were found in a recycling bin in Seattle’s Central District April 9. Prosecutors say Charlton killed Lyne, dismembered her body, and drove to Seattle to discard her remains.
Police were also investigating remains found in another recycle bin a block-and-a-half away.
Charlton could face 21-to-28 years in prison if convicted.

That blows me away. I'm in CA and have never heard of a first degree murder charge with only 21-28 years. What murder charge is worthy of life then? Unbelievable.

Not to quibble, but a huge home in Idaho doesn't have to be expensive. On Zillow, there is a 6 bedroom, 3 bath house in Salmon, ID for $359k on 10 acres of land.

I believe theirs was custom built with horse stables. It was a beautiful home. Many photos of the inside. I remember looking and reading the FB profiles of the family members quotes and photos that led me to believe they were well off.

It is interesting they raised the bail amount to 5M

Strange. Usually people from well off families don't join the military...it's also extremely rare for people to get wealthy while being military careerists. I wonder where they made their money?

Investments? Maybe that's how JC learned to play the stock market???

No according to public records and assessments.

No what?

They raised the bail for a reason. In most cases bail request are lowered. DA in the investigation must have believed the amount of $200,000 could have been met. IMO

Should have been not according to public records and assessments.

They have horses and a very large stables like the ones you would see at the horse races. Maybe they raised thoroughbreds?

Link please? I can't find this for North Fork Idaho

I can't link since sleuthing family is against the TOS. Just letting you know it is out there. Though I'm not sure it matters to this post.

I do find it interesting that bail was increased. I hope this has more to do with the brutality of the crime rather than money his family may have.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge
Back