GUILTY WA - Ingrid Lyne, 40, Seattle, 8 Apr 2016 #3

I can't link since sleuthing family is against the TOS. Just letting you know it is out there. Though I'm not sure it matters to this post.

I do find it interesting that bail was increased. I hope this has more to do with the brutality of the crime rather than money his family may have.

Thanks for the message. Oops, I think I responded twice. I'm using Tapatalk.

I found this interesting from http://www.thestranger.com/slog/201...of-murdering-of-ingrid-lyne-pleads-not-guilty

"Defense attorneys argued that allowing photos of Charlton's face to be published could not only threaten a future jury trial, but could also prejudice future photographic line ups."

Future line ups??

Hmmm that makes since. I wonder if it has to do with the SD'r that called LE about the case where the girl was stabbed in the stomach? the mug shot looked like JC she posted.

Talking about his family's possible resources made me think of something else. If his family were going to help him hire outside counsel instead of using a public defender, I wonder do you think they would have done it by now? I found one court document that listed his attorney representing him today as Anna Samuel, who is still part of the public defender's office. I just wonder if he will stick with that representation or if anyone will get him more high-profile defense attorneys.

I also wondered that. I would think that hiring a lawyer would be higher priority than getting him released on bail and I have not seen any mention of the family doing this.

Yeah, I am inclined to believe that not showing his face is because his face matches several "wanted" posters floating around town. JMO of course.

I also wondered that. I would think that hiring a lawyer would be higher priority than getting him released on bail and I have not seen any mention of the family doing this.

I would think family are interviewing many private attorneys who are going to be the best at getting him acquitted. The cost of this case is going to be very expensive although some defense attorney will most likely jump in pro bono to become recognized.

Bail can be posted anytime as long as it's available.

a894b1a64eec5e2fd4868a20cd4a08e9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have located a property record which is in John R Charlton name just 8.7 miles (15 min) south of his parents location in Idaho. Total value of $71,727. Carmen Idaho 83462, Lemhi county

Did I miss all the discussion about the ex-gf on Dr. Phil last night? DId anyone but me find her a little less than believable? For instance, when speaking of the choking, she spoke of it during sex and then said "and if I remember right" after sex, he chocked her again and made the "fix this" comments. Maybe I'm odd, but if someone choked me, I'd more than remember right. Something about the whole (short) interview left me wondering what value this was supposed to add to anything and what new info we got from it.

I did find the second half with the woman who was attacked by Bundy VERY interesting.

So my take on not showing his face is more so for future line ups rather than his injuries. For example, if I was a victim and was brought in for a line up and had seen his face as oppose to the other line upee's, my mind might subconsciously "recognize" him over others. Given that they are investigating him as a serial murderer/criminal I'm ok with not showing his face so there can be no argument of prejudice and appeal.

I also think that showing his face could prejudice people because he looks normal, and even conventionally attractive. It could influence people to make quick judgements on him based on his appearance, "He looks normal", "He looks cute!" and therefore not be willing to believe he committed these heinous crimes.

I have located a property record which is in John R Charlton name just 8.7 miles (15 min) south of his parents location in Idaho. Total value of $71,727. Carmen Idaho 83462, Lemhi county

Oh dear. I have a baaaad feeling about this. I haven't looked. Please tell me this isn't an isolated property in the woods!

I can't link since sleuthing family is against the TOS. Just letting you know it is out there. Though I'm not sure it matters to this post.

I do find it interesting that bail was increased. I hope this has more to do with the brutality of the crime rather than money his family may have.

Yeah, I didn't realize that judges can raise the bail amount due to later finding out the suspects family has money. Have we seen this in any other case?

Yeah, I didn't realize that judges can raise the bail amount due to later finding out the suspects family has money. Have we seen this in any other case?
I have not heard if it ever happening.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

A judge ruled the media cannot shoot video of Charlton’s face in the courtroom. His next hearing is scheduled for May 11.

His facial injuries must be healed by now, so why can't we see his face?

Maybe IL really did a number on him (hopefully) and he's not fully healed yet?

Has there been any official word as to why the bail was raised?

So my take on not showing his face is more so for future line ups rather than his injuries. For example, if I was a victim and was brought in for a line up and had seen his face as oppose to the other line upee's, my mind might subconsciously "recognize" him over others. Given that they are investigating him as a serial murderer/criminal I'm ok with not showing his face so there can be no argument of prejudice and appeal.

This, this, THIS. I believe that's precisely why they're not showing his face. They're investigating other murders and attempted abductions.

I have not heard if it ever happening.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

DA got wind of something that caused them to believe bail could be met or JC a flight risk risk which should have been changed to NO BAIL. Especially since he has lengthy criminal record. I'm just as confused with the first degree murder charge and car theft only facing ridiculous 21-28 yrs, not life

This is one of the most gruesome murders I've ever heard of. Why no life or DP?? They could still ask for DP in case a new governor goes into office where it's reinstated.

Someone posted earlier the jailers didn't want him to wear street clothes because he may escape.

Cha Ching. Should have changed to no bail. IMHO

DA got wind of something that caused them to believe bail could be met or JC a flight risk risk which should have been changed to NO BAIL. Especially since he has lengthy criminal record. I'm just as confused with the first degree murder charge and car theft only facing ridiculous 21-28 yrs, not life

This is one of the most gruesome murders I've ever heard of. Why no life or DP?? They could still ask for DP in case a new governor goes into office where it's reinstated.

Someone posted earlier the jailers didn't want him to wear street clothes because he may escape.

Cha Ching. Should have changed to no bail. IMHO

I am wondering, better yet I am certain there is a timeline in which they are being very calculated in how they are presenting the charges. I bet you anything that the way this case is currently playing out they are building it "slowly" but perfectly to guarantee he won't ever get it. LE in this particular case has seemed to have it together for the most part (at least more so than in other cases). I am certain more charges are coming and they have more evidence!!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back