OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct. It can be discussed that there have been issues with LE in the area. That is in the press and is a fact.

RE LE ISSUES IN THE AREA

While the sheriff's office continued its investigation into the Rhoden family murders on Thursday, Newberry and other residents defended Reader, who took over the sheriff's post last year.

"Charlie didn't have anything to do with (crimes by deputies). That was past tense," Newberry said.

[,...]

The sheriff at the time of these incidents, Henderson, resigned last year.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/state/state-ohio/four-pike-county-deputies-run-afoul-of-the-law-in-recent-years

Theorizing that someone from LE may be involved is tricky. Because there have been past issues with the department prior to this sheriff's term it is not outside the realm of what is possible. But there have been no indications in the press that the department under Sheriff Reader is anything other than a law enforcement agency attempting to investigate a horrible and overwhelming case of mass murder in this small town. The area residents seem to put their faith in him and don't appear to associate him with the department's prior problems. So please keep theories broad and non specific.

Yes, I agree to keep theories broad. The fact that there have been past issues with LE though, just because there is a new sherif in town, doesn't mean these issues resolved, he may just not be as aware.

I also keep thinking back to the shatter bust.

Some things I wonder about:

Does it seem unusual that a whole week has gone by & so little has been shared with the public about the cold-blooded murder of 8 people?

While they say it was "planned" , is it possible that one of the shooters decided to take out a few more people than might have been originally agreed upon?

Unless professionally hired, what are the odds multiple shooters will be able to live with it on their conscience, over time? Or will someone become a loose end that looks like a "suicide" or hunting accident. Unless they're kin to each other perhaps?

Were the divers ever confirmed? And if they were in fact there such a brief time, could they have been acting on a tip, something was tossed in a specific spot...?

I've now heard like 15 gunshots today. This has never striked me as odd, now I'm like, should I call the cops? Lol.. Not that I'd be able to pick out exactly where they are coming from anyway.. Another issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We know of atleast one person who knew they were there, that was planning on staying there. I'm interested to know how far away DS lived, and if the killer(s) couldn't find him or didn't know he exisited. He was KR's friend so maybe the killer(s) didn't know about him.....
I'm way behind today, but wanted to say that DS is a 1st cousin to KR, CR Sr, and GR. His mother was a Rhoden.

I remember years ago someone told me to get udder cream/salve to put on my husband. Can't remember where or why I used it but I think it worked.

Tack shops carry that by the gallons lol

I know a head wound produces a lot of blood, but if he was shot in bed, would the blood be "everywhere" or just around his body?

It also depends on what the bullet did after it hit his brain. He could have been unconscious and bled to death, been killed instantly (heart stops, much less blood) been paralyzed etc. If he was asleep and took an incapacitating shot the head and bled to death, there would be huge amounts of blood soaked into his pillow/mattress/whatever. It could be pooled on the floor. If he sat up at the sound of an intruder there may be blood, skull and brain on the wall behind him.

Another thing with the silence striking me as odd is even no friends of the younger ones FR, HG, HR, nothing from HR's boyfriend.. Can come up with multiple theories for that, is everyone fearing because they know something to one extent or another? I know they had some enemies, but certainly they had friends.. Friends of theirs on FB are riddled with profile pictures of them deceased..

This has been bothering me too. I haven't found one post from any of their friends about the death. Not one. Has anyone seen anything?

I also feel that this was obviously not random, someone that knew them, which could be why the kids were spared.
True. I also feel like most people's stomachs turn at the thought of killing a child, whether they're familiar with the child or not. I think this killing was to serve a purpose, not to fulfill some sick bloodlust. The multiple gunshots they suffered could indicate that the murderers were looking for information, or it could just indicate that they were REALLY angry with the Rhodens and wanted them to suffer. Maybe it just felt cathartic. But whether it was personal or business, the killing was about something all of the older Rhodens had in common, and that the little ones were not a part of.

I cannot keep up with this case; I read all of threads 1-4 and most of 5&6; please forgive me if these points have already been made.

Regarding the dogs:

Who can get past vicious dogs without getting hurt or drawing unwanted attention? Only people who know them.
Who can do that on the same day 8 people are killed? Only someone who is not out of place when seen at the home.
Whomever did this may have gotten someone who knew the dogs and was there every day to distract or feed them while they did the shooting.
It's likely that LE is not talking about the dogs because their location, condition, and reaction is material to the case. For all we know, the dogs might be dead and LE isn't saying.

Regarding the reward: Is it possible the reward has been paid or they know who is going to get it but they would be endangered by collecting it? Therefore, the easiest thing to do is say it was withdrawn?

Regarding the 9-11 call: Perhaps there is a second call, or a portion of the first, that has not been released because it contains material details. If Frankie was the person shot nine times, I imagine the details on the call would be a lot more gruesome and a lot more specific. Investigators may want to keep that private.

Questions I still have:
Are they on septic tanks or city sewer?
What was the power source for the grow op?
Who was shot nine times?
Why did BJM go out of her way to talk about the key?
Why did it take Donald Stone so long to find/call about Kenneth Rhoden? Where was he? why didn't he spend the night? Why didn't he check on him sooner?

edited for typo.

bbm. In my opinion, she didn't go out of her way to talk about the key. The 911 operator asked her if there were any more people in the house than the 2 she was talking about. She said no and explained how she got in there to verify how many were in there.

True. I also feel like most people's stomachs turn at the thought of killing a child, whether they're familiar with the child or not. I think this killing was to serve a purpose, not to fulfill some sick bloodlust. The multiple gunshots they suffered could indicate that the murderers were looking for information, or it could just indicate that they were REALLY angry with the Rhodens and wanted them to suffer. Maybe it just felt cathartic. But whether it was personal or business, the killing was about something all of the older Rhodens had in common, and that the little ones were not a part of.

Yes I've wondered if the multiple shots were torturous before being killed completely. (Not that they wouldn't have bled out eventually anyway) JMO.

We know of atleast one person who knew they were there, that was planning on staying there. I'm interested to know how far away DS lived, and if the killer(s) couldn't find him or didn't know he exisited. He was KR's friend so maybe the killer(s) didn't know about him.....
I'm way behind today, but just wanted to say according to DS's 911 call, he is KR's cousin. I have heard the friend description before I think in MSM but that is wrong.

Some things I wonder about:

Does it seem unusual that a whole week has gone by & so little has been shared with the public about the cold-blooded murder of 8 people?

While they say it was "planned" , is it possible that one of the shooters decided to take out a few more people than might have been originally agreed upon?

Unless professionally hired, what are the odds multiple shooters will be able to live with it on their conscience, over time? Or will someone become a loose end that looks like a "suicide" or hunting accident. Unless they're kin to each other perhaps?

Were the divers ever confirmed? And if they were in fact there such a brief time, could they have been acting on a tip, something was tossed in a specific spot...?
I think the divers were in the area that day because they were searching for a little girl that went missing around a lake in pike county. She was eventually found in the lake.

I think there is a reason for the murders of these particular people. Not a justification for the murders, just not random killings and the killer had a reason that wasn't just "go kill someone".

bbm. In my opinion, she didn't go out of her way to talk about the key. The 911 operator asked her if there were any more people in the house than the 2 she was talking about. She said no and explained how she got in there to verify how many were in there.

To me, it seemed she wasting out of her way to mention it because the operator didn't say anything about how she got into the house. Also, if you look at the transcript, the information about the key is the longest group of statements she makes and the most complex sentence structure. It sounds rehearsed and seems out of place for the tone of the rest of the call.

I know I'm going to bop my forehead when I read the answer but what does "BBM" mean? "Big Bolding Mine"? "Bigger, badder, Meaner"? "Bacon, Bacon, Morebacon"?

Usually Udder Cream, with humans, is used for any type of dry or irritated skin. When used on cows it is truly Udder cream used to sooth the udders which may be chapped due to frequent milking.
I remember years ago someone told me to get udder cream/salve to put on my husband. Can't remember where or why I used it but I think it worked.

I think the divers were in the area that day because they were searching for a little girl that went missing around a lake in pike county. She was eventually found in the lake.
I don't think so because family pulled her out and they were on the Rhoden property, it showed them coming and going.

Also the AG confirmed they were at the Rhodens.

This has been bothering me too. I haven't found one post from any of their friends about the death. Not one. Has anyone seen anything?
There have been a couple of associates quoted but not many and not since last weekend that I've seen. It is strange that no human interest articles have been written about the victims from friends or workmates perspectives this far out. Maybe after the funerals.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members