TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not convinced he was or wasn't involved but he did say that if it had been much later he would have been unreachable bc he was going (deep sea fishing?) out in the ocean. I don't have a link handy but I'm certain someone has it. Maybe he didn't want his daughters home alone dealing with this for days without a parent? That is assuming he knew his family would be nearby (his sister) to care for them until he got home. Again, I'm not convinced 100% either way just yet.

Thanks, I remember hearing that, but I wasn't personally convinced that he would have been unreachable on a charter boat out at sea. Maybe he would have been delayed getting back, but I would think news of one's wife's sudden death, especially due to murder, would put a damper on the fishing expedition. Also, if he did order the hit wouldn't he have had some idea of what time of day it might occur? He knew Missy's schedule and could have chosen a later time or date for the murder to occur I would think. I guess I just can't make sense of the theory.

I think I need someone who is of the opinion that BB is involved in Missy's murder to explain to me why he would have her murdered at the beginning of his vacation instead of towards the end. Unless I'm supposed to believe that BB really didn't want to have a relaxing few days or week or whatever he was planning away playing golf or deep sea fishing. Among many other things, I'm trying to figure out why someone would want a hit to occur within hours of the beginning of what was supposedly a relaxing time away. Either way, the news will get to the person at some point on their trip and it will be interrupted and the person will have to return (relatively quickly) from their vacation, especially since he had to get back to his daughters.

" get her done" LOL just kidding

I think I need someone who is of the opinion that BB is involved in Missy's murder to explain to me why he would have her murdered at the beginning of his vacation instead of towards the end. Unless I'm supposed to believe that BB really didn't want to have a relaxing few days or week or whatever he was planning away playing golf or deep sea fishing. Among many other things, I'm trying to figure out why someone would want a hit to occur within hours of the beginning of what was supposedly a relaxing time away. Either way, the news will get to the person at some point on their trip and it will be interrupted and the person will have to return (relatively quickly) from their vacation, especially since he had to get back to his daughters.

Why was the crime done THAT Monday -
1. Bad weather - a) Lead to class moving inside the church where MB was alone b) Less campers would show up on rainy Monday = less witnesses c) MB kids had to go to school, so wouldn't tag along
2. It was the only day the perp could do it
3. BB didn't want his kids to be grieving alone for days
4. To throw the LE off that it was a burglary gone wrong, rather than planned hit. The burglar was looking for Sunday collections that had not been deposited.

" get her done" LOL just kidding

You could be right. I don't see it in this case, but hey, none of us knows what happened. Maybe less planning down to the details went into Missy's murder than it appears. I think the SWAT perp looks pretty prepared for the occasion, with the costume and the tools, and the lack of an arrest going on 2 weeks later, but maybe this was more haphazardly planned by whomever.

I haven't had any luck. I was looking for it because there was so much discussion about why BB drove back and didn't fly and how could he drive and did he return with a friend, etc.

Right at the start it was said he and a friend hired a car, the friend drove. I don't have a link. I assume they felt it was quicker to drive than waste time trying to book flights and check in etc. It would also be easier to make calls from a car, I wouldn't want to be uncontactable for a single minute if I were in that position.

And that is all I have to add, fantastic sleuthing going on but the thread is moving too quickly for me to keep up :(

Hard to really say, though, ok? Without knowing someone's normal speech patterns and mannerisms, ok? Maybe he's always like that, ok?

If I remember correctly from my linguistics classes, repeatedly ending statements with "Ok?" indicates the speaker's attempt to convince him/herself and the listener of something that is not true.

I notice BB does it a bit, but RB does so excessively.

1. Bad weather - a) Lead to class moving inside the church where MB was alone b) Less campers would show up on rainy Monday = less witnesses c) MB kids had to go to school, so wouldn't tag along
4. To throw the LE off that it was a burglary gone wrong, rather than planned hit. The burglar was looking for Sunday collections that had not been deposited.

Thanks for replying. Two quick things. I know in one of the pressers (maybe the first one) BB said that his daughter did not ever go with Missy to the 5:00 am class. He cleared that up I think. He said the daughter sometimes went to a later class with Missy. However, I know some people don't believe much of anything BB says, so maybe they don't believe him. I do, so for me, that doesn't factor into this particular Monday being chosen.

It's hard for me to understand that a man would have his wife killed, but be concerned about his daughters being alone to grieve. But I know cold hearted killers can compartmentalize feelings well (Drew Peterson leaps to mind).

You thought she should have broadcast his brutal killing right after it occurred? I'm pretty sure she was traumatized. My beloved cat died 4 years ago of cancer and I have to say I did not announce it on FB at all I don't think. I privately told my family and friends. I guess we are all different.

I didn't say I thought she should have broadcast his brutal killing, and I believe I said "no gory details" thank you. I agree, we're all different, but MOST people I know who are as deeply in love with their pets as her husband said she was would make mention of it on Facebook. It's the world we live in today. And maybe she did and I missed it.

To clarify, nowhere did I suggest she should have announced to the world that her beloved family member was mauled to death by a Mastiff.

I just did a test on FB to see if I could replicate the check in post in Biloxi Mississippi on BB's page. I am in southern CA and yet I was able to create a post that looks exactly like his--including the tag for Biloxi, Mississippi. He didn't check in. He posted a picture and added a location.

I would like to know if he rented a car once he arrived in Biloxi? Is it the car that is in the FB picture of the restaurant? If so, was that to "prove" he rented a car and was there?
Like many of you, why no details about the friends he was with on the fishing trip?

In my opinion it was because both RB & BB would be out of town at the same time. Even if BB was not physically there, he could be involved. And as much as I believe that RB & BB handled themselves really well in the press, the odd gait of the suspect in comparison to RB is just strikingly similar. I need to see LE confirm that RB was not in the area of Midlothian or nearby at the time of the murder in order to move on. I'm sure that will be easy to prove!

Thanks, I remember hearing that, but I wasn't personally convinced that he would have been unreachable on a charter boat out at sea. Maybe he would have been delayed getting back, but I would think news of one's wife's sudden death, especially due to murder, would put a damper on the fishing expedition. Also, if he did order the hit wouldn't he have had some idea of what time of day it might occur? He knew Missy's schedule and could have chosen a later time or date for the murder to occur I would think. I guess I just can't make sense of the theory.
This has been an intriguing series of suspicions from several posters... BB did make it a point to mention how it was lucky they caught up with him before he went to sea or they would not have been able to reach him at all. And the FIL/MIL were already on their way back from California at the time of the murder. I am saying it is not only interesting that they were all far out of town, but that also BB could get right back, and FIL/MIL were almost back (maybe at about El Paso? one day drive from there to Midlothian?)

If I remember correctly from my linguistics classes, repeatedly ending statements with "Ok?" indicates the speaker's attempt to convince him/herself and the listener of something that is not true.

I notice BB does it a bit, but RB does so excessively.

In today's linguistics, it seems to me to be more of a gesture of ensuring the listener is following along with the storyline or timeline. As in "you got that?"

Moo

Do we know yet if Missy had a life insurance policy? And, when will we hear if BB took a polygraph?

eta: when I clocked off this thread yesterday I was being scolded for posting news interviews with the family

has this now changed

are they sleuthworthy today?

still no arrests?

this is solved in my head

all over but the shouting - oh and the Safety of Missy's children.

<modsnip>No one does.

Dear Sapphire.....with all due respect, you may be very surprised.

Keep your seat belts on, it might be a bumpy ride.

With a lot of twists & turns. Moo

Dear Sapphire.....with all due respect, you may be very surprised.

Keep your seat belts on, it might be a bumpy ride.

With a lot of twists & turns. Moo

The Powell situation may also be described as "a bumpy ride" no?

eta: when I clocked off this thread yesterday I was being scolded for posting news interviews with the family

has this now changed

are they sleuthworthy today?

We are allowed to speculate about public Facebook posts made by them and posts our theories in a respectful manner. See post 2 on the 1st page by Tricia. Welcome back, I saved you a seat :) Get off your hands & jump in!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave