CA CA - Susan Jacobson, 59, Sun City/Roseville, 2 May 2013 - #3

I'm actually from Roseville and have been super fascinated by this case since it happened.
My biggest question is how she could have possibly gotten taken from that shopping center. I live about 2 minutes from where she disappeared, she was literally fight next to a high school, across the street from a gated housing community, and in the same shopping center as plenty of very popular businesses.
It just seems like the most bizarre place to take somebody and their not be any witnesses.
The lack of video surveillance evidence (that we know of) also strikes me as quite odd.

I may just be paranoid, but I really have no trust for Roseville police. They're exceptionally arrogant here and often think of themselves as above the law. Perhaps this was a murder committed by a cop and was covered up?

I'm actually from Roseville and have been super fascinated by this case since it happened.
My biggest question is how she could have possibly gotten taken from that shopping center. I live about 2 minutes from where she disappeared, she was literally fight next to a high school, across the street from a gated housing community, and in the same shopping center as plenty of very popular businesses.
It just seems like the most bizarre place to take somebody and their not be any witnesses.
The lack of video surveillance evidence (that we know of) also strikes me as quite odd.

I may just be paranoid, but I really have no trust for Roseville police. They're exceptionally arrogant here and often think of themselves as above the law. Perhaps this was a murder committed by a cop and was covered up?

Why would a cop murder her? What would be the motive?

You mentioned about your biggest question is how could she have been taken from that shopping center.
How does anyone know she even arrived at the shopping center?
Her car was there, but that doesn't prove that she was ever there, IMOO.

I read an article from February 2015, which contains the most information so far.

There is a photograph of a younger Susan and her husband at the top of the article. She is smiling. Her front teeth appear to be in disrepair (at least from what I can tell), and that may be the reason why she isn't smiling in any of the photos in this thread. The unsmiling Susan stood out to me and I thought she did not look happy. Now I think it's because of her teeth.

The husband was interviewed for the article. He is still stymied about what happened to Susan, saying again he thought it was foul play. On the advice of his lawyer, he refused to take a polygraph test.

No one disappears into thin air. This case has bothered me from day one. It caught my eye initially because I used to live in Roseville and have friends there.

I am on my iPad and can't link the article; I found it with a Google search.

Haven't been to this thread in quite awhile, and saw new posts... darn... thought Susan might have been found!!

I'm right up the hill from you guys - I used to work in Roseville, retired now. Been following this thread from the beginning - almost 3 years in a couple of months...

Where Are You Susan!!!

:rose:

I read an article from February 2015, which contains the most information so far.

There is a photograph of a younger Susan and her husband at the top of the article. She is smiling. Her front teeth appear to be in disrepair (at least from what I can tell), and that may be the reason why she isn't smiling in any of the photos in this thread. The unsmiling Susan stood out to me and I thought she did not look happy. Now I think it's because of her teeth.

The husband was interviewed for the article. He is still stymied about what happened to Susan, saying again he thought it was foul play. On the advice of his lawyer, he refused to take a polygraph test.

No one disappears into thin air. This case has bothered me from day one. It caught my eye initially because I used to live in Roseville and have friends there.

I am on my iPad and can't link the article; I found it with a Google search.

here's a link.....I think this is the article you're referring to:

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2015...ed-to-missing-roseville-woman-susan-jacobson/

Still thinking of you, Susan. My gosh I can't believe it's been so long and no sign of her.

Three years without answers is much to long. Praying for Susan to be found!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

It seems impossible that it's been three years since Susan disappeared, but it has been. I get so sad when I think of this case and Susan's disappearance. What happened to her, where could she be? If she is passed, where are her remains? How could there be no witnesses, no evidence, no video? I don't get it.

It seems impossible that it's been three years since Susan disappeared, but it has been. I get so sad when I think of this case and Susan's disappearance. What happened to her, where could she be? If she is passed, where are her remains? How could there be no witnesses, no evidence, no video? I don't get it.

Yes. I never would have believed that 3 years would pass without any type of public break in this case.

And expecting a new grandchild...i doubt 100% she committed suicide...she was harmed or abducted. I wonder if her wallet was thrown from a getaway car...or deliberately scattered...So many questions. She seems so sweet and kind...and shy...

And expecting a new grandchild...i doubt 100% she committed suicide...she was harmed or abducted. I wonder if her wallet was thrown from a getaway car...or deliberately scattered...So many questions. She seems so sweet and kind...and shy...

Yes, a new grandchild. I don't think she took her life, either. Like you I believe she was abducted. Whether she is still alive, I don't know but after 3 years, I doubt it. However, there were those girls in Cleveland who were held captive 10 years.

Yes, how old is Susan's grandchild now?

And another petite, dark-haired woman is missing from the area.

For all we know she could have several grandchildren by now.

And you say another woman is missing from the same area? Hmm. Maybe a pattern, a serial killer of older women?

Still hoping against hope that Susan is found but the odds are not in favor of that. Not after all this time.

I also live in Roseville, less than 3 minutes from this shopping center. I go to the Starbucks and shop at the Raley's supermarket every day in the early hours of the morning. The thing that gets me is that I read about her in the newspaper and was reminded via Dateline posting on FB. Never once did I see a missing poster in that shopping center. Never once did I see or hear of any searches. I would bet that more than 90% of the people that frequent that shopping center have never heard of her. It's quite feasible somebody including myself saw the car being left there that morning. Problem is I didn't find out about her until a year later on the first anniversary of her disappearance. It doesn't add up or make any sense. Never once have I ever felt unsafe in this area. Not at 5:30 am when Starbucks opens and not at 11:00 pm when Raley's supermarket closes. Where are you Susan?

Just thinking about Susan today. We haven't forgotten you Susan!

I have just recently moved to Roseville temporarily myself, so I'm even closer to her location than I was before. Suglo I agree, it just doesn't feel unsafe here. In fact my old neighborhood was pretty safe but I had my moments of being nervous, had packages stolen from the front porch, mail stolen somewhat often, heard the police helicopter overhead, etc. And I felt fairly safe there, but certainly cautious. Now living where I am in Roseville, about 7 miles from where Susan's car was found, I'm just barely getting used to people who feel about 99% safe all the time. They look at me funny when I do a quick visual survey of a parking lot, people coming in/out of stores or offices I'm going into before I get out of the car, etc. The first time the family I'm renting a room from told me to use the mailbox for outgoing mail I was like "You're kidding me, right?" They don't go to the post office to send mail, heck they didn't even keep the front door locked until after I moved here. It's a whole different mindset from most places I've lived before, even places only a few miles outside of the area. .

Sorry, that got a little longer than I intended, but I just wanted to agree that it's a generally safe "feeling" area. In fact today this article came out about Roseville being one of the top 25 safest US cities for women: http://www.kcra.com/article/roseville-ranks-in-top-25-safest-us-cities-for-women/7595752.

Then I got to thinking about Susan. It wasn't safe for her. Whether it was a total stranger thing, a health need she couldn't get help for (for ex. the suicide possibility), or someone she knew caused her to disappear, she wasn't safe. And worse, she probably felt pretty safe, even as a seemingly somewhat nervous person. Goes to run an errand in the area she also feels very safe, and then POOF she's just gone. Somehow living here and seeing what it's like day to day emphasized to me even more how odd it is the way she disappeared without a trace, and really with very little media attention either.

I so hope she's found, assuming she wants to be. She and her loved ones deserve that much at least.

Just thinking about Susan today. We haven't forgotten you Susan!

I have just recently moved to Roseville temporarily myself, so I'm even closer to her location than I was before. Suglo I agree, it just doesn't feel unsafe here. In fact my old neighborhood was pretty safe but I had my moments of being nervous, had packages stolen from the front porch, mail stolen somewhat often, heard the police helicopter overhead, etc. And I felt fairly safe there, but certainly cautious. Now living where I am in Roseville, about 7 miles from where Susan's car was found, I'm just barely getting used to people who feel about 99% safe all the time. They look at me funny when I do a quick visual survey of a parking lot, people coming in/out of stores or offices I'm going into before I get out of the car, etc. The first time the family I'm renting a room from told me to use the mailbox for outgoing mail I was like "You're kidding me, right?" They don't go to the post office to send mail, heck they didn't even keep the front door locked until after I moved here. It's a whole different mindset from most places I've lived before, even places only a few miles outside of the area. .

Sorry, that got a little longer than I intended, but I just wanted to agree that it's a generally safe "feeling" area. In fact today this article came out about Roseville being one of the top 25 safest US cities for women: http://www.kcra.com/article/roseville-ranks-in-top-25-safest-us-cities-for-women/7595752.

Then I got to thinking about Susan. It wasn't safe for her. Whether it was a total stranger thing, a health need she couldn't get help for (for ex. the suicide possibility), or someone she knew caused her to disappear, she wasn't safe. And worse, she probably felt pretty safe, even as a seemingly somewhat nervous person. Goes to run an errand in the area she also feels very safe, and then POOF she's just gone. Somehow living here and seeing what it's like day to day emphasized to me even more how odd it is the way she disappeared without a trace, and really with very little media attention either.

I so hope she's found, assuming she wants to be. She and her loved ones deserve that much at least.

I immediately thought of Susan when the City of Roseville posted that article on its FB page yesterday. I hope you enjoy your time in Roseville. We also consistently get high marks for the best parks and the sheer amount of bike trails we have. It really is a great city to live and also raise kids in. I pray Susan is safe and happy, wherever she may be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back