OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. They must be working around the clock on this to get that many done in a week and a half. 100 pieces of evidence, it'll be interesting to see how much that number goes up after the cars towed today.
Well that many interviews seems unusual and especially that many and not one POI?

So, they didn't release LM's son's truck, LM had kept saying he was giving them an hour in that interview.. But the truck wasn't released. Was he just speaking angrily? Was the hour about something else? Have they begged him to keep quiet? LM seems to be the main source of information for us..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LE may have initially told LM and son there wouldn't be a problem taking the truck but LM did mention tag. He didn't say wether the truck had no tag or had a tag that belonged on another vehicle. If that truck had a tag that belonged on another vehicle (and people do do this) that would explain LE's change of mind. I know here if you are caught driving without a tag they may make you park the vehicle and pay a fine but driving with a bogus tag can end up with you losing your vehicle and more serious charges. Because it was an emergency and such a short distance down the road LM may have assumed they'd overlook it but this is a crime scene.

My grandmother's nursing home cost 5000.00 per month.
My mom passed at my sister's under hospice which was free.

Regarding the complicated inheritance laws of Ohio.
Exact times of death of the 8 individuals may be critically important.
Wonder how they handle a multi generational time of death situation for a large family as
it relates to inheritance law purposes.
This will be one for legal text books

It won't come into play probably. Ohio law does have a 120 hour survivor part to it but that wouldn't apply here. CR1 Rhoden estates and DR property will go to their grandkids. FR and HR kids. KR estate will go to his kids since he is divorced. He has 3 I believe. GR estate will go to his kids since he isn't married anymore however I can't remember if he had kids but I think he did. If he didn't have kids then his estate would go to Geneva. All the Rhodens had descendants in their lineage so TOD is irrelevant.

So, they didn't release LM's truck, LM had kept saying he was giving them an hour in that interview.. But the truck wasn't released. Was he just speaking angrily? Was the hour about something else? Have they begged him to keep quiet? LM seems to be the main source of information for us..

I know.. I figured they released it and that is why he didn't talk.

I think this family was in shock- 5 family members had been murdered. Phone records probably show calls were made to him and it was only after they couldn't reach him for an extended time they sent someone to get him.

LE may have initially told LM and son there wouldn't be a problem taking the truck but LM did mention tag. He didn't say wether the truck had no tag or had a tag that belonged on another vehicle. If that truck had a tag that belonged on another vehicle (and people do do this) that would explain LE's change of mind. I know here if you are caught driving without a tag they may make you park the vehicle and pay a fine but driving with a bogus tag can end up with you losing your vehicle and more serious charges. Because it was an emergency and such a short distance down the road LM may have assumed they'd overlook it but this is a crime scene.
He said the cops said his son could come back and get it and seems they knew the tag issue. He also said they let Bobby and his grandson get their cars.

It won't come into play probably. Ohio law does have a 120 hour survivor part to it but that wouldn't apply here. CR1 Rhoden estates and DR property will go to their grandkids. FR and HR kids. KR estate will go to his kids since he is divorced. He has 3 I believe. GR estate will go to his kids since he isn't married anymore however I can't remember if he had kids but I think he did. If he didn't have kids then his estate would go to Geneva. All the Rhodens had descendants in their lineage so TOD is irrelevant.

Thank you. This helps.

Also, I just realized on thread 5 someone asked why HR's FB web address had the last name as a Wagner.. That's because she was in a relationship with a Wagner for a long time. You can see it by scrolling down to 2013 and it says "Married to --" They were not actually married but she commented they "might as well be".

Thank you. This helps.

I can't figure out how to edit on my phone, but I looked up GR obit. He did not have any kids. So in his case it would go to his wife of they are actually married and if not it would go to his mother, Geneva. The only reason I say actually married is because the media has been saying Clarence was married to Geneva and that Kenneth was married but they both had been divorced.

Well that many interviews seems unusual and especially that many and not one POI?
Like I said earlier, I think they have a good idea about who did it. I think they're just waiting on solid evidence to make sure a good lawyer won't find any holes and let a killer go.

Regarding the complicated inheritance laws of Ohio.
Exact times of death of the 8 individuals may be critically important.
Wonder how they handle a multi generational time of death situation for a large family as
it relates to inheritance law purposes.
This will be one for legal text books

Though Ohio laws look complicated at first glance, they are actually very clear. The biggest hassle will be the property and settling up assets. If there is property owned with other people, would depend on how it is deeded. Same with bank accounts, depends on how it is set up.

However, the heirs for all assets that the deceased was single owner and free and clear owned, are pretty clear I think:
http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2105
KR-his 3 children will split evenly, if his 4th child that died had any kids they would split 25% of his share
CR Sr- 4 grandkids
DR- 4 grandkids
HHG-her 6m old son is her sole heir if she had anything, she was unmarried and no other kids
FR-his 2 kids split evenly
HR-her 2 kids split evenly
CR Jr- 4 nieces and nephews if he had anything, he was so young (this was one I was unsure if grandparents would figure in, but looks like they won't)

GR-dictated by KY laws, which I am not familiar with, but I would venture a guess his parents 1st, as he has no kids listed

He said the cops said his son could come back and get it and seems they knew the tag issue. He also said they let Bobby and his grandson get their cars.
it seems they knew the tag issue, but when did they know it? When he said tag he never explained. The tag could have been the issue. One of the first things LE is going to do is start identifying people on scene. Another thing they are going to do is start running tags of vehicles on scene.

I should probably be clearer. My anger was at the timing not the questions. I think that if you need care and can pay all or some portion that is the way it is. The bad taste in my mouth was mostly about the coldness given what was happening for my father and family. I am with you on the wish that there si something leftover from their life's work but as that is not how the system is, I recognize it is costly. And, they are worth it.....

Absolutely...It was their money...................all saved legitimately to pay their way. At the end of the day, though, I guess we work all our lives (middle income people) just to make darn sure it will be enough to dispose of ourselves. JMO

A lot of older adults I know are buying or at least considering long-term care insurance to allow their heirs to still receive something upon their deaths. Here is a good summary of what long-term care insurance does, how much it costs, and the benefits/risks. I'm not an insurance salesman, but it's worth considering...(I guess this is related to the discussion thread b/c of who will inherit the properties of the deceased and whose names the properties are in currently.)

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424127887323475304578501822156473886#:x8eUotVRF9R0mA

I can't figure out how to edit on my phone, but I looked up GR obit. He did not have any kids. So in his case it would go to his wife of they are actually married and if not it would go to his mother, Geneva. The only reason I say actually married is because the media has been saying Clarence was married to Geneva and that Kenneth was married but they both had been divorced.

Ok. You see it more clearly than I did. I was confused by so many names. Thanks again.
I would love to see the inventories for the various estates.
Just to be clear, Geneva is the wife of Clarence Sr. ?

I wondered about the tag thing before. I couldn't figure out why they would take the time and manpower to impound a vehicle over tags when there were 4 huge crime scenes to worry about.

it seems they knew the tag issue, but when did they know it? When he said tag he never explained. The tag could have been the issue. One of the first things LE is going to do is start identifying people on scene. Another thing they are going to do is start running tags of vehicles on scene.
They still haven't released it so it obviously isn't just a tag issue.

If there was just a tag problem, there was no reason to take the truck. That is like going to a murder scene and finding a witness has one joint and arresting them for that.

Also, I just realized on thread 5 someone asked why HR's FB web address had the last name as a Wagner.. That's because she was in a relationship with a Wagner for a long time. You can see it by scrolling down to 2013 and it says "Married to --" They were not actually married but she commented they "might as well be".

That was me that asked that. Thank you, I didn't get deep enough into her fb to see that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member