TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, I must say you are trying very hard to ruin my knowledge of "Criminal Minds" episodes. You can activate a burner phone from any phone created, even from a "phone booth", yeah I did say that. Are there any public phones left? LOL.

Aw man, I'm not sure but I know they still have real pay phones. I saw one a few months ago in person and one was used in the Heather Elvis case (except the gas station had a camera near the pay phone- haha) but seriously where is Clark Kent supposed to change out of his clothes at?!

JMO (added for the HE case)

Just curious to go with my theories and experiences. . . are you a VP or above? Do any of you work for a family company? Thanks.
I did have two phones when working for a corporation as a manager. I'm guessing maybe he had two phones for business/tax reasons. Or one of them for very personal reasons such as another woman.

The unique phone number can be tracked to the exact store it was purchased at, however, if you use cash, than video surveillance at the store could show who purchased(?) or, the phone number that activated the burner could be traced back.

What if you bought the phone from a small storefront in Mexico? Or it came from a cousin's neighbor who bought it on a cruise to Panama. And it came with minutes.

What if you bought the phone from a small storefront in Mexico? Or it came from a cousin's neighbor who bought it on a cruise to Panama. And it came with minutes.

Lol, definitely ways around it, right!

I have a family member that investigates cell phone information and testifies at trials. I will ask him what is up with the NYPD being involved....

Oooh! Please do! Web Sleuthers thank them!

Not that I have thought of my "If I planned a murder plan" but this is where I would hypothetically get a phone if I were to plan such a plan.

I keep referring back to Occam's Razor (the simplest answer is usually the correct one) which points, in my opinion, to love, money, jealousy, revenge...But then I read that the NYPD is involved. And the FBI, the ATF, Texas Rangers, Arlington PD, and Midlothian PD. it just doesn't add up....unless it is just tactics by LE to get someone to confess? Does that happen?

I don't think there would be anything that would stop a DA/police force for lying to the public about what agencies are involved in an investigation, but those agencies could be severely upset with you for using their names. We do for instance know that the ATF has been involved and even know the K9 team that sniffed the building. I'm not really inclined to believe that MPD is lying through their teeth about other LE agencies.

Aw man, I'm not sure but I know they still have real pay phones. I saw one a few months ago in person and one was used in the Heather Elvis case (except the gas station had a camera near the pay phone- haha) but seriously where is Clark Kent supposed to change out of his clothes at?!

JMO (added for the HE case)

There is one at a gas station near me. Now I'll be watching them to see if they are activating a burner phone and I'll write down their license plate. [emoji849][emoji12]

I found this map of cell towers around the area.
I'll attach the link for a wider shot and the ability to narrow down the towers by provider;

http://www.cellreception.com/towers/towers.php?city=midlothian&state_abr=tx

I'll try to zoom in and mark where the church is exactly on the map.
I suppose my phone will be pinged because I am within 2 miles of the church. I wonder if I'll be able to tell when they are gathering info.

I keep referring back to Occam's Razor (the simplest answer is usually the correct one) which points, in my opinion, to love, money, jealousy, revenge...But then I read that the NYPD is involved. And the FBI, the ATF, Texas Rangers, Arlington PD, and Midlothian PD. it just doesn't add up....unless it is just tactics by LE to get someone to confess? Does that happen?

You know, with the release yesterday of the search warrant, the LE KINDA gave us a motive, "financial woes, and extra marital affairs". IDK, but it is Occam' razorISH.

There is one at a gas station near me. Now I'll be watching them to see if they are activating a burner phone and I'll write down their license plate. [emoji849][emoji12]

Eventually you would probably catch one! :happydance:
Welcome back! You should bump your beautiful orgchart from this morning!

I found this map of cell towers around the area.
I'll attach the link for a wider shot and the ability to narrow down the towers by provider;

http://www.cellreception.com/towers/towers.php?city=midlothian&state_abr=tx

I'll try to zoom in and mark where the church is exactly on the map.
I suppose my phone will be pinged because I am within 2 miles of the church. I wonder if I'll be able to tell when they are gathering info.
Thank you for this! You probably don't want to do any searches regarding this case while in the general vicinity. Can you imagine if you lived that close and were a WS follower? Geesh. I would be all over the police's radar.
I really hope all the information that is coming out is putting a ton of pressure on whomever did this crime. It can't be easy to keep acting normal knowing there are so many agencies trying to gather enough evidence to try you for murder. I sure hope the killer does something to mess up soon.

With all the big agencies involved with this case, I'm feeling a bit better about us WSers being all over the place with our theories.

And....we have Sharpie experts on our team!

:gaah: Ok, I really tried to get caught up, (I was close) but since nothing new has really come out except the NYPD involvement, I skipped to the end.

Some thoughts I have had:

Glad someone brought up CT as possibly being the brother, although IMO it is the first person we thought.

I too think the perp is "tipsy", could also help disguise the walk somewhat.

<modsnip> Of course could be anyone!

Please delete if not allowed, but I saw a side-by side walk of RB and the perp...both walking away from the camera and I have to say, pretty dang creepy!

As always, MOO..and could change in five minutes!

I'm curious what capabilities the NYPD have that aren't already available with the massive amount of agencies already working this....
10 pages behind, sorry. Is New York City where one gets a mafia hitman? Maybe also Los Angeles, Las Vegas or Chicago, Miami? But the person may have come from New York; I took it as a scare tactic - maybe they found a New York area code in the AT&T dump from the cell tower, or in BB's or RB's or anyone's cell phone data. In the widening circle of family and friends, is there a New York connection? The story could be a plant to flush someone out, see if they respond to this news by trying to leave the country?

Not feeling that BB is involved at this point.

Not naming who I feel is responsible, however I do think there are two people involved with financial gain as the motive.

They have the means, motive and opportunity imo.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Just curious to go with my theories and experiences. . . are you a VP or above? Do any of you work for a family company? Thanks.

I was a VP for a big bank, which doesn't mean I was far up in the company as I wasn't, but with me I was given options on many things. I for instance had the choice of a company laptop, which I eventually took so I could work from home and 'vacation' without actually taking time off from work, but I used my own cell phone for business and personal even though I could have received a company phone. My work involved a lot of online communication of various sorts and if I was on the phone it was usually a scheduled conference call with everyone dialing to a main number, so I wasn't in a role that really needed to be carrying around my cell with people always calling me.

First time Websleuths poster. Great site. My personal belief is back with the poster who referenced Occam's Razor. This one still seems to have the elements that are as old as time itself:

- Alleged extramarital relationships

- financial problems of the family.

In my opinion, one and/or both of those things will supply the motive. There are a lot of complicated theories and now the focusing on all the agencies involved. I believe those will end up being red herrings. I believe the person who was responsible for and/or who did this will unfortunately end up being someone who is right there and close. It still could have been a hired hit (whether professional or not). I do not believe in coincidences either . . . and there sure are a lot in this one . . .
Welcome to the group and to Missy's forum.
I like your entire comment, but especially the "I do not believe in coincidences either... and there sure are a lot in this one."

Well, after I thought about it for a few minutes longer I remembered that some calls were actually traced to pay phones. So... maybe they (NYPD) were successful in that instance. Not sure about the phones/calls of other victims.

I never heard those calls were traced to pay phones. Please can you post that info on the LISK thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member