NC NC - Faith Hedgepeth, 19, UNC student, Chapel Hill, 7 Sept 2012 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the police documents (and there's still a LOT we DON'T have) Marisol was interviewed the day after the crime... it's not clear from the documents available if she was or wasn't present when police arrived, though I'd always presumed she was there, and in the CrimeWatch episode the downstairs neighbor is interviewed and mentions how surprisingly calm and unshaken the TWO girls seemed when they departed the apt., presumably after police arrived and asked them to leave while the crime scene was being locked down/investigated.

[video=youtube;4yHNamzp660]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yHNamzp660&app=desktop[/video] Another Follow up from Crime Watch

Boodles, I've never actually gone to an office like that and requested information. Do you fill out a form? Do they give you the call on a disk? Is it awkward? Something has been holding me back, even though I would really, really like to see the source materials for myself.

In response to your question, the judge ordered some information sealed until 10/1 (today). I hope that it isn't resealed and that more information is released. I feel like the media is being somewhat half-hearted in its coverage of the FH case at this point, so my guess is that they won't publish much today, much to my frustration.

I totally agree. I'm local and have close friends that lived in the neighborhood behind fh's apartment when this happened. I was sure it was the ex bf.

At any rate, compare and contrast the coverage of this murder with Stephanie bennett's murder in Raleigh (2002?). Very similar situations, but very different media responses imo.

This is totally speculation but I always assumed the police want you there during the search so you can't run away somewhere or claim they damaged things while you were away. I know nothing about this kind of stuff, though.

I agree with your take. Slightly different situation, but my former boss committed suicide and I was with his son when he was found. We had gone to check on him and couldn't get in and had to call the police to break in. His son had to go tell boss' parents, which meant I had to be the responsible person who stayed at the house during the investigation and until the body was removed.

How important is an exact time of death in a homicide investigation and in terms of the prosecution getting a conviction? It seems to me LE is banking on the idea that the text messages sent around 3:30 were absolutely written by Faith. With no release of a TOD, how can we be sure?

I've said it before, I think LE pretty much knows who killed Faith, but doesn't have the nail-in-the-coffin evidence they need to indict and prosecute the suspect(s). I think there's so very much they're not telling us. I don't assume they take it at face value that Faith is the one who texted (Brandon?) at 3:30/4 in the morning.

Sorry, but what a coincidence that sick (as in nauseated/throwing up) Karena just happened to have someone pick her up, take her away at 4:30am, and then returned with a friend to find Faith dead at 11am the next morning. That timing is incredible.

At least Takoy Jones has spoken out to say he didn't to it. Rosario just hides. But she wasn't afraid to return to Chapel Hill, even though there was a "killer who had murdered her roommate in her apartment" still on the loose. IMHO, she ought to spill her guts to LE, regardless of what the outcome might be. She's hiding something...again, JMO.

I've said it before, I think LE pretty much knows who killed Faith, but doesn't have the nail-in-the-coffin evidence they need to indict and prosecute the suspect(s). I think there's so very much they're not telling us. I don't assume they take it at face value that Faith is the one who texted (Brandon?) at 3:30/4 in the morning.

Sorry, but what a coincidence that sick (as in nauseated/throwing up) Karena just happened to have someone pick her up, take her away at 4:30am, and then returned with a friend to find Faith dead at 11am the next morning. That timing is incredible.

At least Takoy Jones has spoken out to say he didn't to it. Rosario just hides. But she wasn't afraid to return to Chapel Hill, even though there was a "killer who had murdered her roommate in her apartment" still on the loose. IMHO, she ought to spill her guts to LE, regardless of what the outcome might be. She's hiding something...again, JMO.

I agree that it's highly suspicious that Karena just happened to step out in the wee hours around the time that Faith died, and it does seem odd that she brought a friend home with her after being out for the morning. But is it known that Karena isn't cooperating with LE? I don't think I had heard that. And if I were her, my roommate murdered by some unknown assailant, I would not talk to anyone about the case; I would especially not invite attention from the media, so I don't think it's that suspicious that she hasn't been more of a public figure. Eve Carson's best friend spoke at her memorial service and testified in court, but otherwise didn't grant interviews, and I'm sure that more than one news magazine tried to get her to go on-camera.

I'm pretty convinced KR, at the very least, has an idea of who did it. I also think LE knows who did it, but for some reason, does not have enough substantiated evidence in order to convict. Whether that is the result of botched police work or a very sneaky killer, I dont know.

What if those texts were sent to get someone (BE or anyone else that may have been texted by FH or KR's phone) over to the apartment to help K clean up and the sexual assult was a crime of opportunity by whoever came to Karena's rescue? Could the rape and note have been after thoughts to throw police off? Time of death would play into this scenario.

It seems as though they have plenty of circumstantial evidence, haven't there been convictions based off of much less?

That being said, the people involved were all so young- there may not be any rational explanation for their movements that night. People get drunk, throw up and feel better- could Karena have been lured out of the house unknowningly? Did she call to be picked up or did someone invite her over?

I agree that it's highly suspicious that Karena just happened to step out in the wee hours around the time that Faith died, and it does seem odd that she brought a friend home with her after being out for the morning. But is it known that Karena isn't cooperating with LE? I don't think I had heard that. And if I were her, my roommate murdered by some unknown assailant, I would not talk to anyone about the case; I would especially not invite attention from the media, so I don't think it's that suspicious that she hasn't been more of a public figure. Eve Carson's best friend spoke at her memorial service and testified in court, but otherwise didn't grant interviews, and I'm sure that more than one news magazine tried to get her to go on-camera.

No, it's not known that she did not cooperate. I didn't mean to say that she did not (cooperate). They did obtain a search warrant within a month of Faith's murder for Karena's laptop. I doubt she denied a request to turn it over, and I'm sure it was just due process to get a warrant to obtain it. I think she's a very (academically) intelligent person. She probably did cooperate, but I'd bet (I have zero info, it's just my hunch) that she has been advised by an attorney since shortly after the murder. I wish I could find her old instagrams...some of them were pretty interesting. But they were mostly about drinking....

I've gone down the rabbit hole on this case in the last week or so.

Is there any way to find out if KR goes by the nickname Rosie, as heard on the voice mail?

I go back and forth on whether the voice mail analysis is accurate, but one thing that occurred to me on the time stamp was if some glitch caused the phone to be on pacific time, even temporarily? If that was the case, then 1:30-ish could be 4:30-ish...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been caught in this rabbit hole for a long time too, her family deserves peace.

I reread the documents several times and a new name popped out at me. It seems that the redeacted documents missed blacking out one name- Loftus. He worked with FH at Red Robins (where she worked at the time of her passing). She is friends with a J. Loftus on Facebook. He posted a FB status on Sept. 8 about her death.

He was roommates(? As far as I can tell through the redaction) with Chris White, who was seen talking to the boys in the security tapes; I believe it was CW and JL who ultimately identified the four boys. I never saw where they interviewed Loftus (or got his or CW's DNA), could he have more answers? From what I can tell, he moved to California in Jan 2013.

One of those boys knows what happened! Has anyone else read the typed narration of the interviews by the officer that is included in the released documents and noted something interesting? It's so hard to keep up with the blacked out names, I could be wrong about them being roommates!

(I don't think I've included anything that breaks the privacy rules, but let me know if I have!)

I've gone down the rabbit hole on this case in the last week or so.

Is there any way to find out if KR goes by the nickname Rosie, as heard on the voice mail?

I go back and forth on whether the voice mail analysis is accurate, but one thing that occurred to me on the time stamp was if some glitch caused the phone to be on pacific time, even temporarily? If that was the case, then 1:30-ish could be 4:30-ish...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not know if Karena goes by Rosie, but I'm pretty positive Eriq goes by his middle name, Takoy.

I've been caught in this rabbit hole for a long time too, her family deserves peace.

I reread the documents several times and a new name popped out at me. It seems that the redeacted documents missed blacking out one name- Loftus. He worked with FH at Red Robins (where she worked at the time of her passing). She is friends with a J. Loftus on Facebook. He posted a FB status on Sept. 8 about her death.

He was roommates(? As far as I can tell through the redaction) with Chris White, who was seen talking to the boys in the security tapes; I believe it was CW and JL who ultimately identified the four boys. I never saw where they interviewed Loftus (or got his or CW's DNA), could he have more answers? From what I can tell, he moved to California in Jan 2013.

One of those boys knows what happened! Has anyone else read the typed narration of the interviews by the officer that is included in the released documents and noted something interesting? It's so hard to keep up with the blacked out names, I could be wrong about them being roommates!

(I don't think I've included anything that breaks the privacy rules, but let me know if I have!)

I haven't even tried to read the interviews yet, but I will when my brain is functioning better than it is today. Lol

What if those texts were sent to get someone (BE or anyone else that may have been texted by FH or KR's phone) over to the apartment to help K clean up and the sexual assult was a crime of opportunity by whoever came to Karena's rescue?

I too have wondered if those texts were actually not sent by Faith and intended to lure him over there.

That being said, the people involved were all so young- there may not be any rational explanation for their movements that night. People get drunk, throw up and feel better- could Karena have been lured out of the house unknowningly? Did she call to be picked up or did someone invite her over?

Yeah, I agree. Strange behavior and definitely doesn't look good for KR. Not to be crass but I've always just assumed this was a late night booty call after she was unable to reach BE those 3-4x her (KR) phone called his and he didn't answer.

Thanks for the link to that very interesting article, webthrush. I have assumed the (rum, IIRC?) bottle was the murder weapon. I also felt a "rape" was committed using the same. (Sorry, that sounds so insensitive.). They were always dodging the rape question. My speculation is that she was violated using the murder weapon. And that doesn't mean it was a man. But I think a man/men were summoned to help the killer who was freaked out (and drunk). JMO.

And that person ought to speak up and do the right thing, and not be so selfish. You can run and hide, but it will always be lurking. The cops must have their overwhelming suspicions of who's to blame.

I am surprised the butt dial call info is being validated by LE! That is new news, isn't it? Honestly, I was skeptical about that.

I am surprised the butt dial call info is being validated by LE! That is new news, isn't it? Honestly, I was skeptical about that.

LE had always acknowledged the butt dial call but said it came from the night club, and NOT from the apt. crime scene, and therefore wasn't as directly relevant to the murder as the TV show made it out to be. Even with enhancement they found it less interpretable than others have. Still, interesting that LE does say they know who was present when that call was made and they indicate it might possibly be useful as case goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998