OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an interesting story from yours truly...

I saw a friend of mine this weekend who grew up in OH and his family still lives there. I didn't know what part of Ohio he was from, so I asked how far away was his home from Pike County. He said it was about an hour away and wanted to know why I'd asked. I told him I'd been following this case and his immediate response was "oh it's probably drug related because Pike County has one of the worst prescription pill problems in the country, and hands down, the worst in the state." So I asked him what he thought may have happened and he said someone was probably selling for a big time dealer and pissed them off. He said they probably hired "some of those crazy guys who live way back up in the Appalachian Mountains" to do it. And he said he didn't think LE would ever find the person/s who did it because "they probably came down and did the job quickly, immediately went back up into the mountains, and buried or burned their weapons."

I just found it interesting to hear what his immediate thoughts were about it because he grew up not too far from PC but didn't know much about the murders.

I'll admit that I have no clue what kind of men live "way back up in the Appalachian Mountains" or what they may or may not be capable of doing. His ideas seemed a bit farfetched but interesting nonetheless.

IF IF IF Chris jr ran out of Dana's house and was pursued, perhaps there are gunshot holes in the barn door. JUST a possibility. JMO

Something that has haunted me since I first read several reports of this child running for his life and receiving NINE gunshots....

I don't know if this is a southern saying or if it is said everywhere....I'll give 2 examples and attempt to not be long winded and put everyone to sleep....

Vets here say she/he had a big heart.

What they are referring to is the urge/want to live.

First example is my daughter's trainer's horse. My DD rode hunter/jumper horses. Her trainer actually made it to the pre-trial olympics. His horse was named See No Evil, barn name Radar.... because he was missing an eye and it was a miracle he could see the distance/depth to the jumps with one eye. The pre-trials were in Atlanta, where they built the course for the Atlanta Olympics.. Trainer and See No Evil completed the pre-trials and won! The minute See No Evil aka Radar completed the course, the horse was lame. He had broken a leg. The vets and professionals have watched the video of the Pre-Trials over and over and CANNOT determine WHEN the horse broke his leg. He finished the course sound on a broken leg. They said THE HORSE HAD HEART. The horse knew how important the run was, and despite the pain of fatal broken leg finished the course.

My husband had a hybrid wolf dog when we met. She was great.... He had done a great job of socializing her. We married and several years later she developed arthritis and became anti-social. She laid under my big horse trailer and anyone who passed by trailer she would lunge out from under and attempt to bite. I had children taking lessons, boarders, buyers etc. I told DH that she was dangerous. DH is TOTALLY against chaining animals.. he won't do it. Sooo... when she started losing with, due to, I assume pain from severe arthritis, he decided to put her down, I called my vet.

Vet comes to put her down. Gets this big huge needle that is about 10 inches long ready to put into her heart.

DH is holding Gypsy down, because at this point she bites anyone but Mike. I have a scar on my wrist where she bit me when I pulled a tick off of her a month before.

Vet inserts needle into her heart, and she wails....

Vet hurridley gets more meds and inserts into her heart and he wails....and screams.

My DH who DOES NOT CRY IS CRYING NOW.

VET AGAIN GETS MORE MEDS and inserts directly into heart.

Gypsy finally dies.

My DH is FURIOUS with me for getting a crappy vet to put his dog down, and it took so long and dog suffered.

Later, vet tells me.... He put TWICE the amount of drugs in that dog that he would have given a HORSE.

He said that DOG HAD HEART. WANTED TO LIVE. HE HAS NEVER GIVEN THAT AMOUNT OF DRUGS TO PUT DOWN A DOG..

THAT IS WHAT I THINK OF when I think of poor Chris Jr. receiving NINE gunshots to bring him down. It has LITERALLY given me nightmares.

I had not heard about thr shatter lab but just googled an article about it. Who was arrested for that? Is the investigation ongoing? Any tubes on the sides of the buildings in this case?

Nobody was arrested and nothing has linked it to this case.

Something that has haunted me since I first read several reports of this child running for his life and receiving NINE gunshots....

I don't know if this is a southern saying or if it is said everywhere....I'll give 2 examples and attempt to not be long winded and put everyone to sleep....

Vets here say she/he had a big heart.

What they are referring to is the urge/want to live.

First example is my daughter's trainer's horse. My DD rode hunter/jumper horses. Her trainer actually made it to the pre-trial olympics. His horse was named See No Evil, barn name Radar.... because he was missing an eye and it was a miracle he could see the distance/depth to the jumps with one eye. The pre-trials were in Atlanta, where they built the course for the Atlanta Olympics.. Trainer and See No Evil completed the pre-trials and won! The minute See No Evil aka Radar completed the course, the horse was lame. He had broken a leg. The vets and professionals have watched the video of the Pre-Trials over and over and CANNOT determine WHEN the horse broke his leg. He finished the course sound on a broken leg. They said THE HORSE HAD HEART. The horse knew how important the run was, and despite the pain of fatal broken leg finished the course.

My husband had a hybrid wolf dog when we met. She was great.... He had done a great job of socializing her. We married and several years later she developed arthritis and became anti-social. She laid under my big horse trailer and anyone who passed by trailer she would lunge out from under and attempt to bite. I had children taking lessons, boarders, buyers etc. I told DH that she was dangerous. DH is TOTALLY against chaining animals.. he won't do it. Sooo... when she started losing with, due to, I assume pain from severe arthritis, he decided to put her down, I called my vet.

Vet comes to put her down. Gets this big huge needle that is about 10 inches long ready to put into her heart.

DH is holding Gypsy down, because at this point she bites anyone but Mike. I have a scar on my wrist where she bit me when I pulled a tick off of her a month before.

Vet inserts needle into her heart, and she wails....

Vet hurridley gets more meds and inserts into her heart and he wails....and screams.

My DH who DOES NOT CRY IS CRYING NOW.

VET AGAIN GETS MORE MEDS and inserts directly into heart.

Gypsy finally dies.

My DH is FURIOUS with me for getting a crappy vet to put his dog down, and it took so long and dog suffered.

Later, vet tells me.... He put TWICE the amount of drugs in that dog that he would have given a HORSE.

He said that DOG HAD HEART. WANTED TO LIVE. HE HAS NEVER GIVEN THAT AMOUNT OF DRUGS TO PUT DOWN A DOG..

THAT IS WHAT I THINK OF when I think of poor Chris Jr. receiving NINE gunshots to bring him down. It has LITERALLY given me nightmares.

It is sad. But there have been no officially released statements saying where CRjr was found or how many gunshots he had. So we have to assume it is rumor that he was outside.

The dog story is giving ME nightmares!

The dog story is giving ME nightmares!
Me too. Couldn't they just give the dog meds for pain? My vet did mine a few years ago when his ribs were broken in an accident. He gave him liquid drops and kept him on a twice daily dose for a month. Worked fine and he was a 6 pound chihuahua.

It is sad. But there have been no officially released statements saying where CRjr was found or how many gunshots he had. So we have to assume it is rumor that he was outside.

I agree we have to consider it a rumor here but I will say that info is out there in more than a hear say form just not in a media form

I've mentioned this before, but thought I'd bring it up again. I wonder if someone was searching for Hanna's pain pills. When I had my son 8 months ago, I had random people on Facebook ask me if I wanted to get rid of any pain pills. Smh. Sounds petty to have killed 8 people over, but apparently the RX drug thing is very out of control.

Me too. Couldn't they just give the dog meds for pain? My vet did mine a few years ago when his ribs were broken in an accident. He gave him liquid drops and kept him on a twice daily dose for a month. Worked fine and he was a 6 pound chihuahua.

No. I have a business, and my DH REFused to have her restrained. She was older and aggressive I was adamant that my customers came first and safety was utmost.....

I agree we have to consider it a rumor here but I will say that info is out there in more than a hear say form just not in a media form
This whole story is sad. I thought I had a good handle on what happened and why until my husband pointed out that my theory with the cars might be wrong and maybe they were just stolen and that's why they were towed, not because they had anything to do with motive. Blah 46 years with that man this month and he shoots down my theory like that? Worse still he won't even venture a theory of his own. I'm telling ya men are unfeeling beasts.

My dog had to be put down in November. My vet gave him a knock out shot, before inserting the other to his heart. He just sighed. It was very peaceful.

No arrests and very tight lip about it. There has been nothing to link the 2 cases. I live in a county very close to Pike County and have my entire life. Knowing the types of crimes, drug related or otherwise that our area faces, I'm having a VERY hard time wrapping my head around the 2 major Pike Co. cases being just coincidence. By that, I do NOT mean I think this family is responsible for the shatter lab case because I have no clue, it's just that the 2 situations happening so close together really has left a terrible feeling in my gut. Just my thoughts and opinions.

I'm wondering if the garage was where they found or what they meant by "indoor grow operation." That would make sense to me since there were no children living there. I thought someone had stated before that you could fit hundreds of plants on a tray. I could be wrong though.
They could easily fit 200 plants in that garage. You can fit at least 50 small ones, in 2 liter pop containers, in a car trunk.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2016/05/06/50-pot-plants-found-in-uniontown-two-people-charged/

No. I have a business, and my DH REFused to have her restrained. She was older and aggressive I was adamant that my customers came first and safety was utmost.....
Don't know your situation but wouldn't a fenced in area have worked for the dog?

No arrests and very tight lip about it. There has been nothing to link the 2 cases. I live in a county very close to Pike County and have my entire life. Knowing the types of crimes, drug related or otherwise that our area faces, I'm having a VERY hard time wrapping my head around the 2 major Pike Co. cases being just coincidence. By that, I do NOT mean I think this family is responsible for the shatter lab case because I have no clue, it's just that the 2 situations happening so close together really has left a terrible feeling in my gut. Just my thoughts and opinions.
I hate to show my ignorance but what is a shatter lab?

A meth lab, of sorts. Shatter is made though, not meth. It is made from marijuana and from what I understand, is a fairly new drug.

Thanks! And, yes...the amount of burglaries around here that are specifically related to prescription drugs is UNREAL. Not only are they looking for narcotics of some kind, but they're looking for things that are easily sold/pawned/traded for a quick buck to get it on the street. Power tools seem to be a favorite item for the taking, any type of gun, easily moved electronics, etc. I live in a small town (population 5,000 and shrinking thanks to coal and steel cutbacks) and even here, where I grew up not locking my doors and playing outside after dark....it's bad. Sadly, my kids will never experience that same kind of freedom I had back then, and it sucks!
Same here, small town, and we've had people steal nearly anything that's not tied down. Even a vehicle, right in broad daylight, out of the drive. Never found it.

I think that honestly depends on who the killer is. There have been previous posts about another murder of a mother and daughter who were killed in a similar fashion, no idea if it's connected.
My gut tells me it's family, or at least someone very close. Their routines were known, they knew how to bypass the dogs and cameras...
But there are many twists, many variables.
The potential car chop shop
The grow ops
The family dynamics
The medical businesses

The number of gunshots is important. Some have theorized the number of injuries each victim sustained is important. I agree if for no other reason than no information on this has been released.

My hope is that whomever did this will start talking. Maybe they will feel over confident and make a mistake. I find it hard to accept that no one knew what was going on at each site. The family knew, they had to. The fact that they haven't spoken indicates, at least to me, that they are afraid. So I suppose the next question should be, who is powerful enough to frighten them into silence? And the next question perhaps who benefits from these peoples' deaths?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

and on the flip side....who has shown they are NOT afraid to talk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam