OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's like meth or a new drug. I think it's just become more popular. It is marijuana but the shatter lab extracts the oil from the marijuana. The end result is marijuana oil. That's the simplest way I know how to describe it. Its like a new fad drug for curing pain and cancer. I'm not saying it cures cancer but I've been hearing a lot about it curing cancer in the last couple of years. I never really read up on the extraction of it until now. Reading on the different chemicals used I don't doubt that some probably kills more than cancer though.

I think CBD and Shatter are different

I agree... but there's always the slight possibility. I would like to think not. But it's probably the only theory I haven't heard yet.

It's actually been mentioned in one of these threads. But I feel there are way to many holes for it to be related to HR's post baby prescription. JMO.

I've long said since the beginning I feel this involved more than just pot. But I think it involved more than HR's alleged pain pills, which we don't even KNOW that she had or filled if she was given them. Some docs don't believe in prescribing pain medications post birth, especially if you utilize a midwife. Too many unknowns for me, too many holes for that to be a reason to kill 8 people in 4 locations, one of which miles away with supposed money strewn across his legs.

JMO.

I only referenced meth hoping to help with the lab part of it. I guess I also should have said new to our area. If I'm not mistaken, the newspaper article on the Pike County discovery mentions that the BCI stated they had only dealt with one other shatter lab in ohio, as of the February incident. I apologize if I made it sound like anything else.

I thought shatter was just part of the process of getting the oil? From my understanding you can use a range of things from butane to olive oil? I'm really ignorant about this other than what I've read in the last 2 weeks.

No, shatter is just one form of what is called "dabs". Dabs is name for concentrates produced when you extract the THC. Shatter looks like a hard, thin, piece of candy. There's also wax, crumble, sap, budder, etc...

I only referenced meth hoping to help with the lab part of it. I guess I also should have said new to our area. If I'm not mistaken, the newspaper article on the Pike County discovery mentions that the BCI stated they had only dealt with one other shatter lab in ohio, as of the February incident. I apologize if I made it sound like anything else.
I apologize for the large font. I did that by accident. I didn't mean to appear that I was yelling. :/

Just an interesting story from yours truly...

I saw a friend of mine this weekend who grew up in OH and his family still lives there. I didn't know what part of Ohio he was from, so I asked how far away was his home from Pike County. He said it was about an hour away and wanted to know why I'd asked. I told him I'd been following this case and his immediate response was "oh it's probably drug related because Pike County has one of the worst prescription pill problems in the country, and hands down, the worst in the state." So I asked him what he thought may have happened and he said someone was probably selling for a big time dealer and pissed them off. He said they probably hired "some of those crazy guys who live way back up in the Appalachian Mountains" to do it. And he said he didn't think LE would ever find the person/s who did it because "they probably came down and did the job quickly, immediately went back up into the mountains, and buried or burned their weapons."

I just found it interesting to hear what his immediate thoughts were about it because he grew up not too far from PC but didn't know much about the murders.

I'll admit that I have no clue what kind of men live "way back up in the Appalachian Mountains" or what they may or may not be capable of doing. His ideas seemed a bit farfetched but interesting nonetheless.
The area is in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains - a lot of hillsides but I seriously doubt any murderous mountain men live at the top :) your friend is correct in the drug problems - Pike and Scioto counties are at the top of the list of area's being over run with drugs in the state of Ohio.

I don't think it's like meth or a new drug. I think it's just become more popular. It is marijuana but the shatter lab extracts the oil from the marijuana. The end result is marijuana oil. That's the simplest way I know how to describe it. Its like a new fad drug for curing pain and cancer. I'm not saying it cures cancer but I've been hearing a lot about it curing cancer in the last couple of years. I never really read up on the extraction of it until now. Reading on the different chemicals used I don't doubt that some probably kills more than cancer though.

The "cancer curing" oil is THC oil. A much more dangerous and totally different process than making honey oil. Google "run from the cure".

I'm sorry guys!!! I'm responding to the wrong post!! I don't post much, so it's confusing to me!

Ha! Don't feel bad. At least you didn't make a post about animal blood on someone's "mr kitty" post lol!

im sorry, not that it's better but I'm pretty sure they feel they are just far better at avoiding sensitive subjects than us

So true. I told him I am the perfect wife. I said "Have I ever complained when you go to work every day, then come home and clean the house, wash the dishes, cook dinner, do the laundry and then go mow the lawn? And haven't I always sat there and watched you do every bit of it? And have I ever and I mean ever failed to tell you if you were doing any of that wrong?" The perfect wife and he shoots down my theory.

I just have to say it never ceases to amaze me how much I learn from my fellow WS members or researching topics that relate to whatever thread I find myself sucked into. I wish I had a dollar for every time I've said, "I was reading about this case on WS and... (& then another dollar for every time I've tried to explain to someone what WS is when they've inevitably asked... and then another dollar for every time someone has mentioned how I should become a PI and I have to explain to them that researching cases on the Internet is one thing but interviewing possible suspects when you're a ginormous scaredy cat is quite another... & then yet another dollar when they've suggested I write a book instead and have to tell them that I would run into the same problem there...)

I'd be a 4x millionaire!

VickVixvi- Hahaha!!! I read that and was lol!!

So can someone explain to me what the arrow, and 2 qoute things are at the bottom left of post?? When I try to respond with someone's post quoted, it paste my last post. I would think the arrow means reply, but it comes up with an empty box...:/

I was wondering if anyone around them has seizures or cancer. I know nothing about mj itself but I know there is money to be made in CBD and I thought maybe they were trying to make CBD. I have a special needs child who had a extremely rare syndrome less than 400 worldwide, and I know several families have gone to the senate etc to get it legalized medically. I also know families who have packed up and moved with nothing but their clothes in order to seek CBD for their child. Anyways my point is there are parents and people out there who would pay any amount to get this oil, for their loved one and most certainly would do it illegally if they thought it would help. My point is maybe they were not dealing mj itself but making the oil for either people they know, who are sick or for the black market for those who would do just about anything for their loved one.

VickVixvi- Hahaha!!! I read that and was lol!!

So can someone explain to me what the arrow, and 2 qoute things are at the bottom left of post?? When I try to respond with someone's post quoted, it paste my last post. I would think the arrow means reply, but it comes up with an empty box...:/

The arrow replies to someone's post. The Reply With Quote places what the person you are responding too comments above yours (p.s. this is a reply with quotes)

I just have to say it never ceases to amaze me how much I learn from my fellow WS members or researching topics that relate to whatever thread I find myself sucked into. I wish I had a dollar for every time I've said, "I was reading about this case on WS and... (& then another dollar for every time I've tried to explain to someone what WS is when they've inevitably asked... and then another dollar for every time someone has mentioned how I should become a PI and I have to explain to them that researching cases on the Internet is one thing but interviewing possible suspects when you're a ginormous scaredy cat is quite another... & then yet another dollar when they've suggested I write a book instead and have to tell them that I would run into the same problem there...)

I'd be a 4x millionaire!

This is exactly why I love reading through these threads!! I've learned so much!

The arrow replies to someone's post. The Reply With Quote places what the person you are responding too comments above yours (p.s. this is a reply with quotes)

Ah ha!!! Thank you!!!

Ps- when I reread the animal blood "Mr. Kitty" post, I spit my beer out laughing so hard!!

Trust me, the majority of the drugs turned in at these events are not narcotics, and people generally do not have a lot of unused narcotic meds just laying around (unless they are dealers). They are either taken by someone in the household, given away, or sold.

Exactly. The majority of prescriptions turned in at these events are expired antibiotics. No one is dropping off opiates.

... So I suppose the next question should be, who is powerful enough to frighten them into silence? And the next question perhaps who benefits from these peoples' deaths?

Killing seven of my family members would shut me up. Just saying.

Killing seven of my family members would shut me up. Just saying.

This very thought has been in the back of my head since early on in this case. I'm sure hoping an arrest isn't made in this case just so a big "solved" stamp can be put on it and in doing so, a much bigger picture gets hidden. This case has gotten into my head and I'm sure I need an intervention. Lol

Marijuana and/or its oils are now being touted as a "cure" for cancer???

---------------

Ohio really does not have any mountains for "mountain men" to live on top of. Next states over to the east - West Virginia and Pennsylvania is where the Appalachian mountains are located.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase