OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if anyone around them has seizures or cancer. I know nothing about mj itself but I know there is money to be made in CBD and I thought maybe they were trying to make CBD. I have a special needs child who had a extremely rare syndrome less than 400 worldwide, and I know several families have gone to the senate etc to get it legalized medically. I also know families who have packed up and moved with nothing but their clothes in order to seek CBD for their child. Anyways my point is there are parents and people out there who would pay any amount to get this oil, for their loved one and most certainly would do it illegally if they thought it would help. My point is maybe they were not dealing mj itself but making the oil for either people they know, who are sick or for the black market for those who would do just about anything for their loved one.

Yes , JMO, it worked for my husband. Should have jumped on it sooner. It cost $150 for about 2 teaspoons from a good friend who got it for us.

Everything is touted as a 'cure' for cancer by some shyster for a time, until people wise up that it's not. Sucker born every minute as they say.

A Lofty Supposition, Babyfacemagee, Untill you have a loved one that is dying......and you see a difference in their disposition. And I don't mean high. I mean fighting to live, willing to eat the right food, and able to have a conversation. Having a sense of humor instead of depression. Call me a sucker. I totally understand families that are seeking this as a form of either therapy or treatment. If the FDA and Insurance companies don't sanction it, I will. And if I had a child in this medical situation - Holy God, I would jump on the possibility of hope for a longer life! Notice that I am not saying it is a cure, just a form of therapy. JMO, JMO, JMO.

Don't mean to come off as sanctimonious, just supportive of families.

A Lofty Supposition, Babyfacemagee, Untill you have a loved one that is dying......and you see a difference in their disposition. And I don't mean high. I mean fighting to live, willing to eat the right food, and able to have a conversation. Having a sense of humor instead of depression. Call me a sucker. I totally understand families that are seeking this as a form of either therapy or treatment. If the FDA and Insurance companies don't sanction it, I will. And if I had a child in this medical situation - Holy God, I would jump on the possibility of hope for a longer life! Notice that I am not saying it is a cure, just a form of therapy. JMO, JMO, JMO.

Don't mean to come off as sanctimonious, just supportive of families.

I've had people in my family die of cancer, in fact my nephew has leukemia at the moment. Cancer is a serious business that is best dealt with by modern medical knowledge and treatment, not 'hoping' some snake oil will help. Steve Jobs dilly dalllied for a year trying all manner of alternative diets and treatments for his pancreatic cancer delaying surgery that physicians told him would have saved his life if done immediately upon diagnosis. By delaying and hoping some snake oil or 'exotic herbs' would cure his cancer he wasted valuable time and the cancer spread. By the time he realized his way wasn't working it was too late and he died. My nephew is in remission today after a diagnosis 2 years ago. By taking the advice of doctors and starting chemo right away they knocked the cancer out and he's got a 95% chance of full recovery and remission for the cancer type he had. On the other hand if he not gone for treatment he would have been dead within 6 months. While there's nothing wrong with trying experimental or alternative treatments for cancer AFTER legitimate medical treatment has been tried, to do so in lieu of accepted western cancer treatment is a fool's game.

My aunt used to fight with my uncle over his marijuana habit. I was there the day before she died of cancer..so much pain. I was in the other room and suddenly smelled...yep. The morphine wasn't helping so she asked him to break out his stash. Not a cure but...it helped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can hardly bear and read the comments on this thread anymore. All the rumors and speculations are just ridiculous, I'm really not sure where you all get your so called facts from and there's so many of them that I want to question about? I can tell you ONE thing though and want to clear some things up, I worked for an auto salvage and I don't think most of you know how much money you can obtain from used/junked car parts (I really don't think this has anything to do with the murders, I'm just throwing it out there) but my boss was a multi millionaire because of his business. I also live in a semi rural area and we have numerous vehicles on our lots because we swap out engines and whatever we can to build hot rods, not much different than building derby cars, so not uncommon for me at all. . Back to BJM, HAS IT EVER BEEN CONFIRMED who's animals she went and fed every morning, they may be HERS, maybe she didn't have room for them at her place? Maybe someone had a disability like I do and have to rely on my roomate to take take care of them? And there's lots of people that wake up at the crack of dawn to do things, it's NEVER been confirmed where KR was going to be working on vehicles that day, it could have been anywhere. Speculation and rumors get no one anywhere and it's just plain stupid.

I can hardly bear and read the comments on this thread anymore. All the rumors and speculations are just ridiculous, I'm really not sure where you all get your so called facts from and there's so many of them that I want to question about? I can tell you ONE thing though and want to clear some things up, I worked for an auto salvage and I don't think most of you know how much money you can obtain from used/junked car parts (I really don't think this has anything to do with the murders, I'm just throwing it out there) but my boss was a multi millionaire because of his business. I also live in a semi rural area and we have numerous vehicles on our lots because we swap out engines and whatever we can to build hot rods, not much different than building derby cars, so not uncommon for me at all. . Back to BJM, HAS IT EVER BEEN CONFIRMED who's animals she went and fed every morning, they may be HERS, maybe she didn't have room for them at her place? Maybe someone had a disability like I do and have to rely on my roomate to take take care of them? And there's lots of people that wake up at the crack of dawn to do things, it's NEVER been confirmed where KR was going to be working on vehicles that day, it could have been anywhere. Speculation and rumors get no one anywhere and it's just plain stupid.

Thanks. :)

A lot of rural areas have bad drug problems. And there are many people that are oblivious its occurring. (my parents for example.) When the grow ops first came out MANY were talking about how what this family was doing was bad and strange and while it is illegal, it's so common in these parts. It just is. There was an interview with a lady in town about the murders at some point and she said something along the lines of them just making a living and doing what they need to to survive, and it's true. It's just a way of life out here, and there are PLENTY of customers. Unfortunately, with that comes people asking for other things, and the money is temptation. They start finding other things, then they start dealing it more thinking "I'll just get it for friends x, y, and z." But then x, y, and z have friends that know they can get it, and it starts another viscous cycle.

Not everyone that dabbles in pot dealing deals other drugs, but I've had something telling me from the beginning with the amount of marijuana they were producing that they were dabbling in other things, maybe not big time, but I suspect they were. Once you start getting involved in other things, the more danger you put yourself and your family in, and sometimes that danger is hard to see, especially if you think your friends are keeping quiet and your only dealing to people you know. My suspicion from the beginning has been meth or opiates being the potential other drugs, because that's what the problem is in rural areas. The cheap stuff to get a fix.

I'm not sure if this was money, drugs, business, personal, a grudge gone too far, friends, family, a strung out stranger, organized crime, or every other scenario that's been mentioned. But I don't think this is solely about marijuana. I just don't. JMO.

Welcome, I'm just kind of getting sick of reading all the nonsense. I think I should do a questionnaire of sorts?

This is what happens when there is no news whatsoever. Unfortunate but I've seen it plenty of times before and far worse than what is being said in this thread :)

I have been following this thread closely since day 1 and after the first 5-7 days I began to see the same theories and articles posted and re-hashed which is fine for people just joining the thread, just repetitive after a while. I am expecting news any minute now though :scared:

Anyone who expresses surprise that people in rural areas use drugs as a means of both recreation and employment, have a high tolerance for economic crimes and unconventional sources of income, a resolute embracement of the second amendment, and hold a skeptical view of both government and law enforcement, has not spent much time in the country.

So I have a few questions? I don't want to see media links because I'm pretty sure I've read them all.

#1 Who's animals that BJM fed every morning, were they hers? Does anyone know this?
#2 What's so weird about her going there every morning IF someone was paying her to do this? Again, read this on here and have to ask because someone thought it was weird.
#3 Does anyone know where exactly KR was going to work on cars or where he was going that morning?
#4 Did anyone ever think that KR was busy working on cars and that's why it took DS so long to go look on him and find him, maybe he thought he was working at another location?
#5 Animals do weird things, I have three dogs and if you gave them treats they would leave you the hell alone but still bark, has it ever been CONFIRMED that any of these so called brutal dogs were actually gone? I thought we seen dogs chained up in police videos?

I have been wondering if good old-fashioned jealousy was the root cause. Suppose some like a cousin/best friend, say, was interested in HG. That may have lead to this person moving out. It is possible FR and HG were the targets and others were killed because of their proximity to their home and/or were aware of who was visiting that evening. KR could have either been at Union Hill that evening, or knew the person who was there, or was aware of the person's arrival home bc he lived close to Kenneth. There may have been other grudges that induced others to participate, if there was more than one shooter.

Anyone who expresses surprise that people in rural areas use drugs as a means of both recreation and employment, have a high tolerance for economic crimes and unconventional sources of income, a resolute embracement of the second amendment, and hold a skeptical view of both government and law enforcement, has not spent much time in the country.

Ok but do we have confirmation that this family was high and drugs?

So I have a few questions? I don't want to see media links because I'm pretty sure I've read them all.

#1 Who's animals that BJM fed every morning, were they hers? Does anyone know this?
#2 What's so weird about her going there every morning IF someone was paying her to do this? Again, read this on here and have to ask because someone thought it was weird.
#3 Does anyone know where exactly KR was going to work on cars or where he was going that morning?
#4 Did anyone ever think that KR was busy working on cars and that's why it took DS so long to go look on him and find him, maybe he thought he was working at another location?
#5 Animals do weird things, I have three dogs and if you gave them treats they would leave you the hell alone but still bark, has it ever been CONFIRMED that any of these so called brutal dogs were actually gone? I thought we seen dogs chained up in police videos?

#1 I have not read who's animals she was feeding.

#2 Nothing weird to me, we had to go to my grandmothers home to feed and care for my burro years ago.

#3 No I have not read that.

#4 Ahh , had not thought of that but makes sense.

#5 No not that I have read.

Not everyone that dabbles in pot dealing deals other drugs, but I've had something telling me from the beginning with the amount of marijuana they were producing that they were dabbling in other things, maybe not big time, but I suspect they were. Once you start getting involved in other things, the more danger you put yourself and your family in, and sometimes that danger is hard to see, especially if you think your friends are keeping quiet and your only dealing to people you know. My suspicion from the beginning has been meth or opiates being the potential other drugs, because that's what the problem is in rural areas. The cheap stuff to get a fix.

I'm not sure if this was money, drugs, business, personal, a grudge gone too far, friends, family, a strung out stranger, organized crime, or every other scenario that's been mentioned. But I don't think this is solely about marijuana. I just don't. JMO.

I could go with that if only CR1's house had been hit, but even if it was pills/money they wanted I cannot see drug addicts or other dealers going door to door killing family members. It doesn't happen that way. Druggies are usually robbers of opportunity and other dealers want to stop the one selling it, not go door to door killing his whole family. That is what disturbs me so much about this. Not just that but if it was people buying from him or a friend of a friend, druggies are usually caught right away as they are known to LE already.
I live in a little podunk town, population maybe 2500. We hadn't had a murder in this town in half a century, so you know the LE didn't have any crime scene experience. We had a murder a year ago, where a man was beaten to death and his pain pills were stolen. He was discovered by his wife the next morning after she got off work. Two hours later LE had a suspect in custody and had found the another one who had overdosed on the stolen pills. These two were not friends of his but had broken in to his house. I know the LE in this town is not that smart because I have known them all for most of their lives. But they do know their town. They know who hangs with who, who sells drugs and who takes them. I suspect the LE in Pike County are the same way, that's why I think if it was over drugs they would have already found their man since they would have rounded up all the druggies and started threatening to lock them up to dry out if they didn't talk. Just sayin

#1 I have not read who's animals she was feeding.

#2 Nothing weird to me, we had to go to my grandmothers home to feed and care for my burro years ago.

#3 No I have not read that.

#4 Ahh , had not thought of that but makes sense.

#5 No not that I have read.

And this is why I'm trying to figure out why people are making a big deal about this and they think it's weird, I guess I'm hillbilly?

And this is why I'm trying to figure out why people are making a big deal about this and they think it's weird, I guess I'm hillbilly?

Speaking of Hillbilly's I read this a few days back, what do you think? TIA

A Pike County resident who said she’s familiar with the Rhoden family said April 28 that growing pot is a way of life in the county, so she’s not surprised that marijuana grow operations were found at three of the crime scenes.

“There’s little jobs down there. Everybody has to survive some way. This is how they survive,” said the resident, who asked not to be identified because she fears for her life.

She said the discovery of the grow operations has created a misconception of who the victims were.

The woman added that she doesn’t believe Mexican drug cartels are responsible for the killings, as some believe. Instead, she believes the killings are the result of a common practice in the area known as “hillbilly justice” in which people take the law into their own hands as opposed to calling the police.

http://www.whio.com/news/news/ohio-shooting-latest-on-pike-county-murders/nrG7Q/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo