WA WA - Seattle, WhtFem 30-50, 159UFWA, alias 'Mary Anderson', copper IUD, breast surgery scars, Oct'96

I agree with what everyone else has said. I knew she was overweight, but her body looks considerably larger than I'd envisioned. The velour outfit is plainer than I pictured. And the cigarettes are a new clue, I think. She does look European in terms of ancestry, but (IIRC) the hotel staff didn't notice any accent when she checked in (unless I'm conflating her with Lyle Stevik—I know he had no noticeable accent). I'm also surprised by how peaceful she looks, for lack of a better word, considering she took cyanide.

I agree with what everyone else has said. I knew she was overweight, but her body looks considerably larger than I'd envisioned. The velour outfit is plainer than I pictured. And the cigarettes are a new clue, I think. She does look European in terms of ancestry, but (IIRC) the hotel staff didn't notice any accent when she checked in (unless I'm conflating her with Lyle Stevik—I know he had no noticeable accent). I'm also surprised by how peaceful she looks, for lack of a better word, considering she took cyanide.

I wish all ME and LE would release a UP's autosomal DNA results as well when testing results are completed. They must get both paternal and maternal haplogroup results, along with top ethnicities from testing, right?

. Iam actually blown away at the difference that these new color photos bring out. And they never mentioned she had cigarettes. I just wonder how many cases can photos be updated like this and how many cases are also missing-the info Of more items found with or around the body. She is Not at all what I had envisioned.
Now she looks to me she actually looks Gypsy like one of those fly by night fortune tellers( they sit and smoke and read your cards in the window) They usually set up shop for a while and then all of a sudden they are gone. They also usually have aliases. Makes me wonder now if the address in Manhattan was of a storefront.... I live in NYC and I have seen so many of them and now that I see her that is what she reminds me of....I am now looking at this Mary lady much more differently.

I had thought she could be of Romany Gyspy genetic ancestry, too. Many Italians who DNA test have found out that their genetic lines (and associated Italian surnames) are not Italian at all, but of Romany Gypsy DNA.

I have been thinking about this since I saw the new photos...this def should be revisited since now she looks like a different person... Also I was thinking. It was mentioned she looked Greek... And it's funny because the zipcode that she used was 11103 which is Astoria Queens which is has always had a big Greek and Italian community... I grew up near it....just another thought.

I had thought she could be of Romany Gyspy genetic ancestry, too. Many Italians who DNA test have found out that their genetic lines (and associated Italian surnames) are not Italian at all, but of Romany Gypsy DNA.

I have been looking at the missing on the network again now searching of a different look for Mary Anderson... And I have found a couple that remind me of her now...

Stefanie Kelly Stroh
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1591dfnv.html her face looks very similar and even the freckles up to the ones on her nose. Her skin tone and hair

Suzanne Arbell
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/914dfca.html
what I thought interesting is that the only personal item she left behind in her car was a curling iron..and I know they keep saying Mary Anderson has an iron with her but I wonder if it's and iron for clothing or a curling Iron? Also says she was highly organized.

Robin Rena Abrams
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/589dfil.html
she seemed to have vanished but I can see this girl changing her name and Identity to hide from someone.

Joyce Creola Brewer
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1465dftx.html she is more of a long shot.

Barbra a Jean Barkley Another long shot
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1724dffl.html

I have been thinking about this since I saw the new photos...this def should be revisited since now she looks like a different person... Also I was thinking. It was mentioned she looked Greek... And it's funny because the zipcode that she used was 11103 which is Astoria Queens which is has always had a big Greek and Italian community... I grew up near it....just another thought.

I wish all ME and LE would release a UP's autosomal DNA results as well when testing results are completed. They must get both paternal and maternal haplogroup results, along with top ethnicities from testing, right?

They can only get mtDNA with female UPs, and yes, it would be of tremendous help with narrowing down ethnicity.

Kodak Great thinking great job.. Someone somewhere knows her or of her!

I created a new flyer for Mary Anderson with my updated BOLO design and have posted it on two New York Greek community pages on Facebook. Both have lots of followers. Hopefully someone will read it and pass it on through social media. So fellow Websleuthers, feel free to download and share it as well:

https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13087053_458595954350563_6511382892501764064_o.jpg

I've not managed to read the whole of this thread, but I notice that some members have been, understandably, wondering where Mary might have obtained the cyanide.

What if she didn't obtain it but actually made it herself?

Here is a description, a recipe if you like, for producing cyanide. I am not a chemist but as far as I can see, there is nothing here which is likely to be beyond the abilities of a first year college student, either in terms of manufacturing technique or obtaining the materials. "Easily made from common chemicals ......"

https://www.scribd.com/doc/6558973/Chemistry-Drugs-Poisons-Homemade-Cyanide-and-Ricin

Cyanide is also present in many orchard fruit stones and pips and in the leaves of many members of the laurel family:

http://www.thepoisongarden.co.uk/atoz/prunus_laurocerasus.htm

What if she had been a government scientist or a chemistry teacher?

Kodak Great thinking great job.. Someone somewhere knows her or of her!

I created a new flyer for Mary Anderson with my updated BOLO design and have posted it on two New York Greek community pages on Facebook. Both have lots of followers. Hopefully someone will read it and pass it on through social media. So fellow Websleuthers, feel free to download and share it as well:

https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13087053_458595954350563_6511382892501764064_o.jpg

Thanks, madamx. I also posted the flyer to a Greek news site that has 37,959 'likes' from visitors and another page with 30,829. Within the last 24 hours, her case now has more exposure throughout the world.

I was looking this case up for someone else and while on Namus there is a photo of her deceased that I have never seen before. I noticed something that looked like cigarettes and lighter possibly next to the ashtray. I've never read anywhere that she was a smoker. Did that ever come up here? Like a brand name or what not?

Sorry I just went back and read, I guess that is not new news but I'm kinda shocked that wasn't made public long ago. I think that information should of been disclosed early on!

that link didn't work for me - all I got was a blank page that said "content not found". I'm on the west coast - thought I'd pass it along. Tx!

I agree....this is actually quite common...in my town recently,a man took a bus from Texas to Wisconsin,where he knew no one,to commit suicide.and he did.I dont see a conspiracy theory...they just decided they were so over everything,and didn't want their family to know.....

Ok...as far as the expensive things go...i had a friend..her and her mother survived on welfare benefits..yet they bought their makeup and such at expensive dept stores while I shopped at WalMart.i have also learned how to buy expensive items,at discount prices online,etc.if she legit was well off,either she had a great career(but wouldn't someone have noticed her gone?)or she married a man with money,(she hadn't borne any children,wouldn't he have reported her missing..or family?)if he was well to do,wouldn't they have had many social contacts?OR,she was still living with wealthy elderly family(parents)...she hadn't bore children...approaching middle aged...could have still lived with family?and maybe they passed,or a family fight,and she couldn't make it on her own?we know she had never been arrested(fingerprints)

I'm in that age range,and I would be using metamucil...its not just for elderly😜 it helps,anyone with constipation..however,looking at her post mortems,I do personally believe she's at least in her mid 40s. Even with modern day science,recent cases have been way off on ages....i personally feel if she still had an iud,she hadn't reached menopause,so I just really feel like she's 40something..

This girl went missing in 1981 under mysterious circumstances. My first time posting. Forgive me if she was already suggested.

Attachments

• 2016-10-01-11-28-36--1565900823.jpeg
    2016-10-01-11-28-36--1565900823.jpeg
    2.7 KB · Views: 71
  • FB_IMG_1475338789785.jpg
    FB_IMG_1475338789785.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 59
This girl went missing in 1981 under mysterious circumstances. My first time posting. Forgive me if she was already suggested.
Looks like a good match. Wow...I can see it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back