OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has been asked before but I don't recall reading about it ... how much money is in cockfighting? I'm sadly aware of the practice as well as dogfighting which sickens me but because it's an underground thing... it's not like there's a Triple Crown of rooster fighting or anything. Gambling can snowball into some biga$$ debt no matter the venue.

I think the best answer would be the vague "more than a little, but less than truly alot". I have heard that a top bird can earn tens of thousands of dollars and that likewise, tens of thousands of dollars can be placed on various contestants in the underground versions of the "Triple Crown".

Even these vague figures must be analyzed by relativity. Say $35,000 is not much when applied to suburban Chicago. The same amount, however, can be seen as a small fortune in appalachia, the inner city, the rural deep south, or the rural southwest.

Figures aside, I dont think the motivation for the systematic murder of eight people was cockfighting. Even applying relativity, and the possibility of a Super Triple Crown underground event, the stakes are just not that high. Rather, a simple and easy drive by shooting (usually one dead- if that) would be used to resolve *advertiser censored* fighting debts or a who owns what bird "debate".

I understand all that. I'm also too familiar with bad survey lines that go way back and the cost involved in clearing things up.

What I'm having an issue with is why someone who could claim ownership of the land wouldn't speak up when the structure was going up.

If it wasn't an issue for them then, why might it become an issue for them later?

For the same reason that CR1 may have accidentally put the building on their land. They may not have even realized that it was even on their land (they may realize it now though). Maybe the other guy leases it to hunters, and has no need to walk or drive his boundaries. There doesn't appear to be livestock on there. That's the only reason I ever checked our boundaries on a regular basis, was when checking on livestock,and the fencing. What's there for him to check? Nothing. Also, I guess for the same reason other people didn't question fences and structures that overlapped their properties. Most don't realize it until it is time to sell, or they go to build something, and check their property lines. It's not way over into the property. Just over the edge.

I feel there is no way CR1 would have built a big expensive building on land that did not belong to him. That big of a building would have been very expensive to build based on the fact that it cost me almost 900.00 to build a small 8x10 metal building and this one looks to be 10 times that size. I know Dayna has researched this land thing and I trust her that she knows but it just doesn't seem reasonable to build on land you don't own even if it was on family/friends land. Friendships break up, families fall out. Is it possible he bought that land and hasn't yet recorded the deed? Maybe he bought it on a "rent to own" basis or an "owner finance" situation with a binding contract and the deed transfer taking place after the land is paid off. Those types of situations are pretty popular in rural areas especially with land. I just cannot fathom someone risking that much money building on land you don't own, being that the law is whoever owns the land owns the structures/improvements on it.

I did mention and I do think he was possibly renting to own or land contract. I think another one of his properties was a land contract but can't remember for sure. I think they have to have some sort of agreement. I'm not sure

That was my first thought about this whole tragedy. It must have started at the bloodiest scene. I think that if it was planned, they would have brought bigger caliber guns, and from the describtion of the different scenes, it seems to have been a smaller caliber. If one of the victims brought someone in, that will explain the dogs not attacking too. We want to know when GR arrived, but still no luck? Level of intoxication of the CRsr and GR is also interesting IMO.

On a different matter, did CR2 own the silver Tiburon that was mentioned in the facebook threat against him? Is that the same silver car parked outside CR1s house?

I live in Norway, this case caught my attention the very day it happened, and I can't let it go. It brought out the stalker in me, but you all in here makes me feel less of a freak, and I am impressed of the level seriousness. I still have a million questions, though, so keep up the good work! :)

Edit: This was a reply to rsd1200, I am new to this, obviously. :facepalm:

:welcome: you are doing just fine ;) Glad to have you join the converation

Hi! Don't post often but have to ask as I am not familiar with that area. What are the teepee type shaped small shelter type things I see on CR1 and FR property. They almost look like something we have similar that are for baby calves to be housed in.

http://www.trbimg.com/img-571a9c8c/turbine/ct-ohio-shooting-pike-county-20160422

You can see them in this photo. They are round type ones in front of the big garage building by CR1s house and triangular shaped ones behind the building.

That was my first thought about this whole tragedy. It must have started at the bloodiest scene. I think that if it was planned, they would have brought bigger caliber guns, and from the describtion of the different scenes, it seems to have been a smaller caliber. If one of the victims brought someone in, that will explain the dogs not attacking too. We want to know when GR arrived, but still no luck? Level of intoxication of the CRsr and GR is also interesting IMO.

On a different matter, did CR2 own the silver Tiburon that was mentioned in the facebook threat against him? Is that the same silver car parked outside CR1s house?

I live in Norway, this case caught my attention the very day it happened, and I can't let it go. It brought out the stalker in me, but you all in here makes me feel less of a freak, and I am impressed of the level seriousness. I still have a million questions, though, so keep up the good work! :)

I think the silver car in that photo is the one said to be CR2's car.

When I compare rear views of a Hyundai Tiburon with the car in the photo, it appears to be a match down to the rear wing or whatever those things are called.

I raised this question about that car previously. It was suggested that perhaps he walked the approximately one mile back to where his mother lived.

I don't know many 16 year-olds who would walk rather than drive or catch a ride.

Maybe his car needed work and he either walked or caught a ride to get to his mother's?

Or maybe he spent that night at his father's place or even with his brother FR next door.

The Pike County Sheriff's office incident report for 4077 Union Hill Road that we have seen makes it pretty clear that only two bodies were initially found in CR1's mobile home -- CR1 and GR.

So if CR2 was at that general location when all of this went down, he might have been at his brother's or maybe there is some truth to the persisting possibility that one of the deceased was outside when killed.

But it appears the window is. That's what I meant about a cross breaze. The other was my mind wandering that the assailant went out the back way.

Here's a large photo of the crime scene at CR1's home. I'm not an expert, but I'm not seeing any cameras on these buildings. I realize they may be small, but what do you all think?
Since the killers dismantled and took the camera system at KR's property, did they do the same at CR1's? I'm having trouble linking, so you may need to cut and paste.

http://www.trbimg.com/img-571a9c8c/turbine/ct-ohio-shooting-pike-county-20160422

ETA: Click on the photo at the link and you'll see a large, hi res photo of the area.

They could be up under the eaves ot porch roof to keep them out of the rain. Also not the window being open on the end of the trailer in this pic. Did LE open it?

Hi! Don't post often but have to ask as I am not familiar with that area. What are the teepee type shaped small shelter type things I see on CR1 and FR property. They almost look like something we have similar that are for baby calves to be housed in.

You can see them in this photo. They are round type ones in front of the big garage building by CR1s house and triangular shaped ones behind the building.
Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that may be chicken (*advertiser censored*) "houses". Each one would be chained by the leg and that would be where they could go for shelter.

I think the silver car in that photo is the one said to be CR2's car.

When I compare rear views of a Hyundai Tiburon with the car in the photo, it appears to be a match down to the rear wing or whatever those things are called.

I raised this question about that car previously. It was suggested that perhaps he walked the approximately one mile back to where his mother lived.

I don't know many 16 year-olds who would walk rather than drive or catch a ride.

Maybe his car needed work and he either walked or caught a ride to get to his mother's?

Or maybe he spent that night at his father's place or even with his brother FR next door.

The Pike County Sheriff's office incident report for 4077 Union Hill Road that we have seen makes it pretty clear that only two bodies were initially found in CR1's mobile home -- CR1 and GR.

So if CR2 was at that general location when all of this went down, he might have been at his brother's or maybe there is some truth to the persisting possibility that one of the deceased was outside when killed.

I have also read that this person who was found outside was actually found last which would mean after KR I don't know how true this is but it does come directly from a family member

In my opinion as for the chop shop and stolen parts speculation I see no evidence of newer cars. These old clunkers just look like low budget fixer uppers that have very little value for parts. I don't think the cars being pulled out of the woods are late model Mercedes and such. The only nice cars I see are just a few at Dana's. As for the chickens couldn't they just be eating them? It is a large family and they could just be making a lot of chicken pot pies. Imho

Maybe there was a reason why the big pole barn was built on property not owned by an immediate family member of the Rhoden family....

Just as an example, if you don't own it, are you responsible for what is in it? JMO but a person could really get down deep in the rabbit hole when you think about things from that kind of angle. More so especially IMO IF the two trailers were NOT on land owned by an immediate family member of the Rhoden family.

But then again, as someone already mentioned, maybe it is theirs and the landmarks, property lines etc just aren't up to par good enough to really figure it all out...

If a person built and used a structure it could be argued that they had control of it and were therefore legally responsible for any illicit activities that might occur there.

Actual control of open land is different in that people do plant illegal weed patches on land they do not own.

I saw this first-hand in my pre-Prop 15 California experience where people I knew put their crops on BLM or NFS land rather than on their own property. Made it easier to go undetected if one's crop was eradicated during CAMP season. I believe the practice of planting weed on someone else's land is not uncommon in other places if one is planting an illicit crop.

Trying to disclaim anything illicit in that pole barn or mobile homes you and your son lived in that might be located on someone else's land would make it difficult to claim you didn't have control of the property.

My garage was built by a previous owner with more than half of the structure on a different lot according to a good survey. I went through the process with a subsequent owner of the property next door to get it corrected at the appraisal office.

If I had operated a meth lab or grown weed in the garage, it would have been difficult for me to argue that I had no control over the structure when it was my car and other possessions inside the garage.

I remember reading that one of the victims was found outside, can't remember where, though. But if I understand correctly, we have no official information on who was found where or at wich residence? I understand that it's quite obvious, but I'm trying to seperate the official statements from all the others.( Our poor brains. ��)

No, don't know when GR arrived for sure. The intoxication levels would be a great thing to know. Alcohol can be an instigator in a lot of altercations. I'd not doubt that's the same car either. I've heard rumors about CR2. I've hoped they're not true but they would place him somewhere other than his mother's home.

At the very bottom of the photo, close to the black truck, there's a circle of dirt. What's the white thing inside it? It looks like a sleeping (I hope) dog. (Sorry, I'm mobile, so I can't circle it.)

Dog house and the bare dirt is the radius of the circle is the length of the dog chain...

Is it ok (TOS) for the name of the adjacent land owner to be stated?
No accusation of involvement, but just of legal land ownership fact?
I would like to know the name.
Moderators, please advise.

Something about this cloudy issue regarding the Union Hill parcels that I can't get my head wrapped around...

assumptions have to be made that CR1 built a large permanent structure on land he held no ownership in and all that could go with that.

Maybe he intentionally built the big long barn on the neighbors land because it housed the pot growing operation, and if busted, he could say, hey, I don't know anything about it, it's not even on my land. Kind of ridiculous, but you never know what people are thinking.

Here's a large photo of the crime scene at CR1's home. I'm not an expert, but I'm not seeing any cameras on these buildings. I realize they may be small, but what do you all think?
Since the killers dismantled and took the camera system at KR's property, did they do the same at CR1's? I'm having trouble linking, so you may need to cut and paste.

ETA: Click on the photo at the link and you'll see a large, hi res photo of the area.
I don't see them either. The may have had some sort of motion lights but I'm not even seeing anything like that. I'm leaning more toward motion lights from the way LM said that they came on when someone pulled in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire