OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
O/T Just read Carlie Trent was found safe. Uncle in custody.

It actually is really connected and I have brought it up several threads back. Because it doesn't involve a victim or POI I didn't post much. I think the only thing that I am allowed to say about it is that GR and KR both have lived there....
The property owners and their various properties raised red flags for me
Thank you. Since I have seen this address as a given home address for GR and KR , I thought it might be fair.

I thought the total number for the 3:41 am thing was five? Time for me to relisten to that roadside interview. Again. Lol. Glad I bookmarked that puppy.

I suspect the identity of who was with her may be part of the reason for the weird 3:41 am thing. Just a hunch.

And why do we know the 3:41 am time so specifically? That in itself strikes me as odd.

I suspected she wasn't alone from the very first time I listened to the 911 call when it was released. Gut reaction to what I was hearing.

I have a theory that investigators may have suspicion about one or both of the people with BJM. Especially if one or both have any previous violent criminal history in Pike County and/or elsewhere.

I think LM knows the identity of the two people, but for whatever reason(s), he managed not to even reveal their existence in a public interview.

I think it's possible that one of the people with her might have called LM or JM. At any rate, investigators should be able to determine who called who and when by phone records.

Maybe something to the identity of those two people; maybe not.

But the secrecy and hedging sure has me wondering.

Don't know if it has already been mentioned because I am playing catch up, but the identity of them are very easy to find out. Visit the Justice for Rhodens page and read comments.

I also heard "what's wrong". This may have been the male that was mentioned by LM during one of his interviews. Perhaps he was not in the car with BM but showed up later at the end of the call to 911?

I thought I heard his voice earlier in the call though. Could he be asking:"where's Ron?"

This may be presumptuous but would it not be instinctual to go straight to your sisters property to see if she was ok? It may just be a proximity thing as it appears Frankies home was closer but that would be my priority regardless.

Like another poster mentioned I would be a scaredy cat too - if there was a male with me he would be the one going in once i saw blood, I thought it was strange she initially went in alone by her accounts.

Can anyone confirm the time it would take for LM and BJM's brother to arrive at the crime scene from their residence...as it seems no one went near DR's property prior to then...please correct me if wrong!

Like others I don't believe BJM is responsible but I do believe she knows more than what she has divulged.

He was convicted for 5 counts of sexual battery. Doesn't that suggest multiple victims? IDK.

Not really. See my post above. Could have been one victim, multiple incidents. Could have been his wife/ex-wife. Not saying it was, you mind, but could have been. Would explain why 2 sons stayed with their father and two went with their mother.

I do not believe BJM committed murders. I do feel she has more information than what has been released. But what she is telling LE could be far more than what she is releasing to the public to protect herself and loved ones. JMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was in his late 50s when he was sentenced to ten years in prison for sexual battery (five counts) ... that made me think the victim could have been a child (and not an adult who would be in a better position to resist). Is there any public (online) documentation about the charges and his sentencing? Maybe a reporter should go talk to the old prosecutor of the case?

You must be someone who is young. Men in their fifties are not really considered old or impotent. And consider his wife would have been about the same age as him. If he was stronger than her when he was young, it follows he was stronger than her when he was (sigh) in his late fifties. Not saying it was his wife, you understand, just saying it could have been.

I think moving the mobiles & the camper was a smart move. I'm sure there's blood evidence everywhere and on many items. Plus, no one has mentioned if the murderer(s) were looking through the trailers for something & tore the place up while doing so.

If they left them where they were with officers guarding them 24/7, it would cost them quite a bit too. If it is drug related, putting officers out there to guard all of the properties would be way more than moving the mobiles & trailer to Waverly. Cutting out walls, removing doors, ripping up carpet or flooring with splatter, packing up clothing etc......to me it was a smart move. Now, what are they going to do with the pot that was growing or have they already taken care of that?

I do not believe BJM committed murders. I do feel she has more information than what has been released. But what she is telling LE could be far more than what she is releasing to the public to protect herself and loved ones. JMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree. I think the peeling apart of her phone call is a huge waste of time. She sounded legitimately horrified and scared and I don't find any of it abnormal. The family may know something they are telling investigators but we will never know, unless they find who did it and release info. I'd still be willing to bet it's drug related and the perps (multiple) are not white *due to the fact they did not kill the little kids.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I agree. I think the peeling apart of her phone call is a huge waste of time. She sounded legitimately horrified and scared and I don't find any of it abnormal. The family may know something they are telling investigators but we will never know, unless they find who did it and release info. I'd still be willing to bet it's drug related and the perps (multiple) are not white *due to the fact they did not kill the little kids.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Also, even if she said she was checking on FR in the call, or going over there, or whatever she said - that stands with what she stated happened. I *could* see why telling the son before DR would be weird, but FR was literally right next door and maybe *IF* DR was supposed to work that day, she assumed she had been gone already. Again, all speculation. I do see the weirdness, but I also can see it other ways. I literally have no idea how I would react in that situation, and I hope I never have to find out. I have made mental notes of things that seem off, but I'm also trying to give her the benefit of the doubt.

I find the fact that they have taken the actual trailers super weird! I wasn't sure if this was common practice with crime scenes where mobile homes were concerned, so I did some looking around and could only find one instance of a man who'd kidnapped a girl and they wanted to take the mobile home they suspected he took her to as evidence....and his attorney was arguing against it. Otherwise, I can't really find any other cases where this has been done? Has anyone else ever heard of such an extreme measure to preserve an entire crime scene? Am I off base in thinking this is bizarre?

As for Bobby Jo's interview? The only thing I find truly odd about it is the time lag in there between getting to ChSR and Gary's trailer....to actually calling the police.

From Chris Graves' article..

"That Friday morning started out much like every other morning, she said. Manley got up about 6:10 a.m. to wake her 15-year-old daughter by 6:30 a.m. and get her on the bus to school by 7. Then -- as she did most every weekday morning -- she drove over to the trailer of Christopher Rhoden, Sr., 40, to feed his dogs and chickens. Rhoden was her brother-in-law."

She goes on to say...

"She had a friend and his wife with her when she pulled into the driveway. She left her cellphone charging in the car and went up to the trailer. She turned the handle of the door and thought it was odd it was locked, she said. She also thought it was odd that Rhoden's two pit bulls were outside on the front porch, one sitting in a recliner. The animals normally stayed inside the trailer, she said.

She found the key and opened the door."

If we take the word of the writer, who instead of using her direct quotes, summarizes her words FOR HER....there is a fairly large time lag here between 7:00 AM when she gets her daughter on the bus and 7:49 when she makes the call to 911.

There are gaps in this reporters reporting that I don't like. The reporter either doesn't ask, or doesn't bother giving us fairly vital information in what is an incredibly important interview in a HUGE murder investigation. What we don't know is...

-Did she have to pick up the woman and the woman's husband between dropping her daughter off for the bus and finding Chris and Gary, or did she pick them up BEFORE she dropped her daughter off for the bus? This could account for that time lapse in there, and would make it seem a lot less vague to the people reading this article.
-Exactly what time does she believe she got to ChrisSR's house? Surely she can estimate about how long it took her to get her daughter on the bus, etc.

You cannot report exact times in an article and then not fill in the gaps, especially when you're dealing with this kind of information! It drives me crazy. If you get something as exclusive as this, I would think you would check, check and triple check both your quotes (when you bother using them) and your thoroughness!
(Sorry! Rant over...moving on....)

We also now know that, once she'd found Chris and Gary, she went over to tell Frankie Jr. that she'd found his dad dead. In the end of her 911 call I am pretty sure she says, "I have to go and check on Frankie!" Which, given what she'd just seen and their close proximity, makes total sense to me.

I know people have been questioning the 3 year old "unlocking" the door, but I can think of an explanation for that. The back door of my home, if I turn the tiny locking mechanism on the knob (in the middle), it will lock the door from the inside, and nobody can get IN. However, I do not have to turn it again to get OUT-I simply have to turn the knob and the door opens. I have, sadly, done this and locked myself out of my own house more than I care to admit...because once that is turned, you're not getting back in without a key! It's truly aggravating sometimes, especially when you're forgetful like me. Granted, this is just an opinion on how he might have done it because I have no way of knowing what kinds of locks they had. But, it's certainly possible!

She also confirmed the open windows! Their weather cannot have been much different than ours lately since we're fairly close counties, and our nights here (particularly when the murders happened) have been CHILLY. With FR and HG having a 6 month old baby in bed with them and a 3 year old sleeping in the house as well, I can't imagine they'd need too much cool air coming in. The fact that BJR even thought to note that the windows were open is a good indication that it's probably not their norm. That leads me to another question the reporter didn't ask, or just didn't mention...

-Which windows were open?

We know she said bedrooms, but were they open into the bedrooms where she found the bodies, or were these different rooms? You can safely assume these places probably had at least two bedrooms, right? Most trailers that size, even if they're tiny...have at least two bedrooms. Could someone seriously sneak in the window of these trailers, DIRECTLY into the room where these people are sleeping, without making a sound? BJR says FR was laying on his back (with one black eye) and HG was laying on her side in the fetal position...so they clearly didn't get up an put up any fight. SURELY they would have heard someone creeping in their window?!? In an old trailer, that would have to make some noise. Not to mention, they'd really need something to stand on to hoist themselves up and into it if they had any hope of being even semi-quiet. That trailer metal likes to rattle!

This is not to mention that someone in ChrSR's home, be it either him or GR, were dragged from the front room to one of the bedrooms. This kind of helps to solidify my initial theory about how they were found and what might have transpired there when they were killed. I won't bother posting it again, but it was one of my first posts here on Websleuths if you want to read it....

Again, there are my two cents. If there's something I've missed with the times, the door or the windows, please let me know. I have tried to be very careful about being thorough when I read this stuff, but sometimes I get it all backwards!

Thank you Elley Mae. I know this doesn't seem important now, but something makes me file this away for future reference. Thanks again.

It's not the actual property... Though when I looked at it I did look closely for a tube on the side of the structures. It's who owns it and what else they own.

I think she was saying that she needed to go tell Frankie that his father was dead. I don't think it likely that anyone in her position would fathom that there were three more murder scenes. One is shocking enough. So I don't find it weird that she didn't immediately go check on her sister down the road. It makes sense to walk to the other trailer on the same property to tell them what is going on.

This may seem like a dumb question, but with moving the trailers & I'm assuming trying to preserve evidence in them, how are they getting all of the furniture, etc. in the trailers from not moving??? Especially the beds where they were murdered in?

You are right - we don't know if the FBI is involved. They may very well be. The only thing the AG's office is currently reporting are things that people in the area would notice such as cars being towed off the property, mobile homes being moved, etc. Other than that - total silence.

FBI and DEA both have been providing assistance. It's in a news article in the media thread from earlier in the case.

Not really. See my post above. Could have been one victim, multiple incidents. Could have been his wife/ex-wife. Not saying it was, you mind, but could have been. Would explain why 2 sons stayed with their father and two went with their mother.

Lots of could have beens. I do not think it was the wife and do think it was someone else. I can't say because of the rules but I do believe it was part of the rift. I don't think it is part of the reason 8 people were murdered. It does however explain the dynamics of the family though if it is the person I am thinking of.

This is all costing alot, more than the county could probably afford. This sounds like there's some big fish to fry, and they're probably going to recreate the scenes for a jury, and make no mistakes. I'm sure they know alot more than what we think with all they're putting into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23