GUILTY TN - CT, 9, Rogersville, 4 May 2016 #3

I cant stop thinking about the Son. So very sad for him. I hope supports are in place soon for him.
Yes, and the wife!! I can't imagine, one day you're happily married, the next your husband turns out to be a kidnapper and abandons you and your son! She has to be reeling.
I hope we learn more about what happened today, and that CT has not been harmed in any way. I hope against hope that whatever lies he told her at least kept her from being afraid, and that he didn't hurt her in ANY way. I know it's not likely, but I can only hope that's the case!

The reporting is unclear. It's been corrected that Carpenter wasn't the guy who held GS at gunpoint, yet I believe he's the only one who's been interviewed on camera. I think he was one who partook in the searches, but he wasn't one of the two who actually came upon GS and CT. It's unclear to me if the two who did, were the actual property owners (b/c it's been reported that they were) or if they were a part of the search party with Carpenter. Some reports have made me think they were two of four search members. Other reports have made me think that Carpenter and another guy approached them, asking them to search their own property. Anyone know? Just curious who might actually be entitled to the reward.

This article states there were four in a group, the two that found them were Donnie Lawson and Stewart Franklin. The other two in the search party were Roger Carpenter and Roger Hamblen.

http://www.wbir.com/news/crime/carlie-found/187622318

ETA: At the TBI presser, it was said Carpenter and Lawson were the ones to find her. I'm not sure if that was simply misspoken, or if the article itself is incorrect?

I read a report this morning that stated they reported the wrong name and corrected it. I will see if I can link the correction they made and posted because there was confusion among the reports and incorrect name given.

This article states there were four in a group, the two that found them were Donnie Lawson and Stewart Franklin. The other two in the search party were Roger Carpenter and Roger Hamblen.

http://www.wbir.com/news/crime/carlie-found/187622318

ETA: At the TBI presser, it was said Carpenter and Lawson were the ones to find her. I'm not sure if that was simply misspoken, or if the article itself is incorrect?
. or
Yes, it was corrected from Carpenter to Franklin. Franklin apparently held the gone, while Lawson went to call 911. What's unclear however, is whether Lawson and Franklin were a part of an original 4 party search team, or if one or both were the property owners, who were approached by Carpenter & Hamblen to help them search. Carpenter talks about "they" had been searching the whole week, but he doesn't specify who was in his group. Some reports have said that the property owners searched their property. The reporting is quite unclear.

Yes, and the wife!! I can't imagine, one day you're happily married, the next your husband turns out to be a kidnapper and abandons you and your son! She has to be reeling.
I hope we learn more about what happened today, and that CT has not been harmed in any way. I hope against hope that whatever lies he told her at least kept her from being afraid, and that he didn't hurt her in ANY way. I know it's not likely, but I can only hope that's the case!

I don't sense he was "happily married". When this story broke she was saying he'd disappear "for attention" - not the kind of thing a happily married woman says publicly.

I don't sense he was "happily married". When this story broke she was saying he'd disappear "for attention" - not the kind of thing a happily married woman says publicly.
you may be right, nevertheless I have the feeling this was extremely unexpected for her.

I cant stop thinking about the Son. So very sad for him. I hope supports are in place soon for him.
Me too. The mental toll and damage from this has to be awful. It seems like such a wonderful community. I'm sure he and his mom will get an abundance of assistance regarding his care.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Well this case ended up with CT found and she is now safe. The rest of it has to be worked out between those who have legal custody of her and, I assume, the State of TN child welfare folks. Little CT is entitled to her privacy and I'm going to respect that boundary. As for GS, he will be dealt with legally and I'm sure to the fullest extent of the law(s) he broke. So many kidnapped kids stories end tragically, this one didn't, and that's the most important fact of all.

As much as I hate to type this I do believe his intentions were to sexually abuse CT. Family members have stated they were victims. I believe them. The physical exam done at the hospital may show there was a rape or not. If no physical evidence indicating a rape it doesn't mean she wasn't sexually abused. It may take her some time to reveal what she went thru. Nobody IMO with a history as reported by Family takes a 9 year old to a secluded place for all those days/hours to have a vaycay. Given what he bought for her I felt sick from the get go. IMO

I'm with you Bravo. But she's been in hospital overnight and has to have been fully interviewed by now and her name is still appearing. I'm not going to be using it from this moment on just in case. I find it a lot easier to not use kids' names when missing because so often it turns out the name is redacted and I feel bad.

I'm with you Bravo. But she's been in hospital overnight and has to have been fully interviewed by now and her name is still appearing. I'm not going to be using it from this moment on just in case. I find it a lot easier to not use kids' names when missing because so often it turns out the name is redacted and I feel bad.

Do we know for sure that she's been there overnight? I'm also not sure that she would have been fully interviewed by now. My friend is an RN, specializing in women's health and an activist for rape victims. She's the first one called in. She says that they don't even allow police in the room of the patient until they all feel the patient is ready.

Are news sources really going to stop using her name and redact it from all previous articles if it turns out that she was assaulted? I understand that assault victims names oftentimes are kept private (if it is never revealed), but in this case her name is already spread far and wide. Have there been previous cases where underage victims were found alive after having been assaulted and their names redacted? Maybe I'm just not remembering them.

I just can't see them continuing to cover this case and the outcome and NOT using her name.

And as far as previous coverage, I can't see them redacting her name and just assuming everyone will forget...

Do we know for sure that she's been there overnight? I'm also not sure that she would have been fully interviewed by now. My friend is an RN, specializing in women's health and an activist for rape victims. She's the first one called in. She says that they don't even allow police in the room of the patient until they all feel the patient is ready.

Sounds like people are assuming she has been in overnight since it hasn't been reported she was released.

I'm gonna say this now just in case. If by some wonderful miracle GS did NOT sexually abuse or assault CT, please don't rush on to WS to say "I told you so". This case has triggered many things for me and I believe other members. Being tricked by someone you trusted, being separated from family, silence about previous abuse, etc. I've lived this and several others have too. It absolutely destroys your life and forces you to figure out a new normal.
I won't be able to handle "I told you so", so please be kind if that does occur. I believe down in my soul that he is a monster who deserves worse than death, and I feel like if a technicality (not assaulting her yet even though he's abused others) keeps him from being prosecuted it's going to feel horrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm gonna say this now just in case. If by some wonderful miracle GS did NOT sexually abuse or assault CT, please don't rush on to WS to say "I told you so". This case has triggered many things for me and I believe other members. Being tricked by someone you trusted, being separated from family, silence about previous abuse, etc. I've lived this and several others have too. It absolutely destroys your life and forces you to figure out a new normal.
I won't be able to handle "I told you so", so please be kind if that does occur. I believe down in my soul that he is a monster who deserves worse than death, and I feel like if a technicality (not assaulting her yet even though he's abused others) keeps him from being prosecuted it's going to feel horrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:grouphug:

I suspect that GS's intentions weren't good, and I would hope there'd be no "I told you sos" b/c at the end of the day, is it really that important to have been "right"? However, I also respect that idea that we really don't know what happened. Just as there are people who are passionate about protecting children from sexual abuse, there are people who are equally passionate about protecting children from unfit custody arrangements, and the like. Regardless of which side you're on, your perspective will become your reality. I think everyone should remember and respect that. People lie - on both sides. I'm going by the fact that LE indicated that there was a history of unreported sexual abuse. I believe that's probably true, but I'm smart enough to know that it could also be a lie.

I did see on NG last night the existing charge alone carry's a max. of 60 years itself.

There is no room anywhere for any "I told you so's".
We may never know his full intentions, I would assume his defense will be he was trying to save her from something...
HOPEFULLY he did not touch her in any way...but LE did say there was reason to believe she was in great harm, and JT did say he was obsessed with her.
JMO it was more than a perv uncle...I think he was in love with her, and wanted a relationship with her. I would not be surprised if he had told her that her entire family was dead or something of that nature to start building a stockholder syndrome situation.
If he didn't touch her...he would have, eventually...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back