TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think they have a suspect. Just a basic description. They aren't gonna taunt or infer "we are coming for you!", they would just make an arrest and then tell the public why.

I think they have a strong suspect in mind. The actual quote was close to that they were getting a better physical description of the suspect. I believe they are calculating every possible measurement of the suspect of their physical size, such as height, shoulder width, calf width. Then they will see if their prime suspect fits all these attributes. I am sure they have other digital information about their suspect also. Maybe texts from their phone, possible car sighting going to and from the church, anything to hopefully discredit the alibi or other lies of their suspect. I do believe they are really close. They are leaking out some information just to tighten the "noose" around their suspect and make them misstep.

But then again, most of this hope in we getting the real killer soon.

When I first read about this case -- woman murdered under unusual circumstances while her husband is away on a trip -- my initial thought was: Here we go again. Another spousal homicide. My observations of Brandon Bevers after the fact quickly changed my opinion. IMO, he is in no way involved in Missy's death. I've never had any suspicion of RB's involvement, physical characteristics and the absurdity of Shirt-gate notwithstanding.

At this point, I see no evidence linking any of the persons in the search warrant affidavits to the murder. I concede that one of them fits the profile of a person who might commit this kind of murder, but that is not evidence. Police will not be able to arrest anyone on the grounds of fitting a detailed description and having possible motive.

Respectfully, I'm the "someone" you quoted above. I have a degree in Journalism. I have worked in both print and online media in my life. So it isn't a completely uninformed opinion when I state that the Fox affiliate's article is suspect.

For one thing, local TV affiliates aren't exactly known for their accuracy in investigations. That is more the realm of print journalists. Remember the plane that crash-landed in San Francisco, and the TV station that broadcast fake pilot names that were all racist Asian names? Yeah, that's the kind of careful "vetting" to which I refer. And dare I mention Dan Rather and Tom Brokaw?

In the MB case, the TV station posted something online without direct quotes, and without naming the source. They could have at least stated that they spoke to an unnamed source at the MPD who didn't have permission to go on record but who was in position to have knowledge of the investigation, blah blah blah. Instead they just said "Midlothian police said...". That's just sloppy. And the story isn't even attributed to a specific news reporter. Also very sloppy. Even if some reporter did get a scoop, we have no idea if they accurately relayed the information they received, because they didn't bother to quote it word for word and they didn't have the courage to put their byline on it.

Totally agree with this assessment.

Your free to have your opinion, I can respect that. I don't believe everything I hear from reporters and will leave it at that. ☺
So you think that when Fox News says "MPD said ____" that we have to wonder whether they simply made it up? In a case like this, with no real incentive to skew things in any particular direction, it makes no sense to me that MSM would do that, as they have everything to lose, and nothing to gain, by such behavior.

Respectfully, I'm the "someone" you quoted above. I have a degree in Journalism. I have worked in both print and online media in my life. So it isn't a completely uninformed opinion when I state that the Fox affiliate's article is suspect.

For one thing, local TV affiliates aren't exactly known for their accuracy in investigations. That is more the realm of print journalists. Remember the plane that crash-landed in San Francisco, and the TV station that broadcast fake pilot names that were all racist Asian names? Yeah, that's the kind of careful "vetting" to which I refer. And dare I mention Dan Rather and Tom Brokaw?

In the MB case, the TV station posted something online without direct quotes, and without naming the source. They could have at least stated that they spoke to an unnamed source at the MPD who didn't have permission to go on record but who was in position to have knowledge of the investigation, blah blah blah. Instead they just said "Midlothian police said...". That's just sloppy. And the story isn't even attributed to a specific news reporter. Also very sloppy. Even if some reporter did get a scoop, we have no idea if they accurately relayed the information they received, because they didn't bother to quote it word for word and they didn't have the courage to put their byline on it.

This x 1000. Named source + quote or GTFO.

I remember in the Jessica Ridgeway murder, people were claiming the FBI had said this and that. They hadn't--there was a RETIRED FBI profiler doing the cable news rounds and giving his OPINION. He wasn't involved in the investigation.

Gotta read the fine print. Always.

(Not shockingly, I also come from a print news background.)

Here's what I think. They now have a detailed physical description - vetted by experts in the field - as to height, weight, perhaps gender, perhaps info having to do with a reason for the distinctive walk, etc. They know of someone who fits that profile. They could be planning on getting a search warrant for items/data pertaining to that person, and the expert description that was just completed is going to give them the probable cause that they need for a judge to sign the SW.

LE wouldn't want to go ahead and tell us the detailed description and have the perp hear that info prior to the SW being executed.

Possibly, but they're going to need more than a similarity between the subject of the warrant and their detailed description of perpetrator to establish probable cause.

I am not saying the perp is CT because I have no clue right now. I still think the perp was probably a man.

But the Tamara Jolee lady that talked last night with Trisha is from Midlothian. That is how I understood it. And I can tell you all about small towns. They know stuff. And they tell everyone. Everyone.
Now, granted, things can get very convoluted in the telling, but a small town cop will tell his wife or sister or mom. Then that person will tell her mom or her bff. Next thing you know, its being discussed in every business in town. That's just how it is. Well, I've heard stuff about myself before I even knew it! ;)

BBM. This I agree with. Tricia has made clear what and who was acceptable to sleuth and discuss. Further, this is her website, and the guest on her show was someone she trusts as a reliable journalist who is reporting the local scuttlebutt and possibly insider information. No one is asking or expecting the participants on WS to take anything as gospel truth.

For many reasons, my initial belief was RB was the perp. Since he has an alibi I suppose that is not possible. My mind is open, and I hope everyone else's is too. More than anything, I hope this monster is brought to justice in a swift manner. And though I am an opponent of the death penalty, I really hope in this case Texas justice is served.

BBM If RB's only alibi is the golf photo, then the timestamp on the photo needs scrutiny. I am very suspicious of RB.

I agree with you on certain aspects, but Fox News is no longer a trusted news source.....They operate now off of their own agenda without regard for truth or consequences. We need to be careful with Fox in my opinion.

You are confusing national political opinion people, with local MSM reporters, because of the shared umbrella. But locally it's not the same people, or the same setup, in any way. I think ABC and CBS and NBC are also full of BS on a national level, but the local reporters working stories here for the local news, are completely different. And especially when it's not about some political issue (which this is not).

BBM If RB's only alibi is the golf photo, then the timestamp on the photo needs scrutiny. I am very suspicious of RB.

Just my opinion but don't you think LE would require a little more than a photo as an alibi?

So you think that when Fox News says "MPD said ____" that we have to wonder whether they simply made it up? In a case like this, with no real incentive to skew things in any particular direction, it makes no sense to me that MSM would do that, as they have everything to lose, and nothing to gain, by such behavior.

I never said they made something up, although you've said it twice now. What I said was that we have no way of knowing if a statement by someone in LE was portrayed accurately in the article. IOW, it could have been misremembered by the reporter based on sloppy note-taking, or somehow taken out of context. That's why when you go to publish something that someone else said, you put it in quotes and make sure it's word for word.

I really wish LE would start clearing people.

jmo

I never said they made something up, although you've said it twice now. What I said was that we have no way of knowing if a statement by someone in LE was portrayed accurately in the article. IOW, it could have been misremembered by the reporter based on sloppy note-taking, or somehow taken out of context. That's why when you go to publish something that someone else said, you put it in quotes and make sure it's word for word.

Exactly. Sloppy/shoddy reporting doesn't mean someone maliciously made something up, it simply means it's not solid info and has not been verified.

just by the way this person walks

IMO one can not reasonably assume the sex of a person solely by the way they walk. I notice my original post was deleted. I'm not sure why. Was it because I said "vagina"?

I am not saying the perp is CT because I have no clue right now. I still think the perp was probably a man.

But the Tamara Jolee lady that talked last night with Trisha is from Midlothian. That is how I understood it. And I can tell you all about small towns. They know stuff. And they tell everyone. Everyone.
Now, granted, things can get very convoluted in the telling, but a small town cop will tell his wife or sister or mom. Then that person will tell her mom or her bff. Next thing you know, its being discussed in every business in town. That's just how it is. Well, I've heard stuff about myself before I even knew it! ;)

Yes, but the convolution is usually so great that the most widely believed version of the story is nowhere near the truth.

1 There is not necessarily a burner phone involved (or any phone, for that matter). No reports that one was found. LE investigated usage off nearby cell towers in that vicinity around the time of the murder, found one or more unidentified phones, and was chasing them down to see if the info led anywhere. From that, the "burner phone" idea mushroomed into way more than it ever was.
2 AFAIK no, haven't seen it said. It was speculated by some here, because the issue of health insurance arose, but life coverage is much different as it is not required by law, and is much rarer (especially with people who are having financial struggles and lack disposable income)

TY. Early on there was some discussion about LE thinking that the perp had recorded the killing. Where did that idea come from ? Anyone know ? I don't think this had anything to do with life insurance, but jmo

So are we to assume that if a story in MSM quotes a "source" , without a name attached, it should be disregarded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow