TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I entered a building that was supposed to be empty at four in the morning and found someone in that getup, I wouldn't feel safe. On the other hand, I think Missy should have been alarmed just by the fact that doors which normally are closed were standing open up and down the corridors. So I guess its possible that the purpose of staging a burglary was only to fool Missy and cause her to think that this cop was there because of a break-in. Being that I don't believe he was unaware of the cameras, I don't believe the staging was meant to fool investigators. He would have worked much harder on that locked door and moved through the church with more purpose if he wanted to appear to be a burglar. And he would have just worn dark clothing and a ski mask.

The unsub has great benefit from the "SWAT" disguise, imho. First, it serves as a deterrent from identification to the camera. Second, it nullifies a potential witness from noticing or paying attention to a cop when visual split-second decision-making is critical. Third, the padding & thickness of the disguise prevents injury or risk of blood/DNA from the perp at the scene. Fourth, it could leave the victim momentarily feeling a false sense of security that the police are here. "No worries, ma'am...I am just checking out what appears to be a burglary" and then, wham! The Unsub could've even lured the victim into another room if need be under the guise of pretending to notice something unusual with the "burglary" & such. Maybe even enlisting her help.
Fifth, if someone else entered before our victim, the Unsub acts like a cop with his flashlight doing his job. Sixth, the disguise proves a great cover for a getaway during the darkness. Seventh, and this is jmho but this unsub is familiar with and comfortable with this getup. Eight, no one really ever calls a cop on a cop--subconsciously we feel the situation is being handled so no 911 calls really.

There's a reason why impersonating a cop is against the law.

Remember, some have speculated that JFK was shot at the grassy knoll by an assassin impersonating a cop. I'm not saying I believe it but it certainly makes for a great disguise for a variety of reasons.

Good points! All of them. But you are implying, that he may have anticipated "traffic" at around 4 am in the morning at an isolated church in the middle of a storm.
That's exactly my point as well. He knew, he planned, he did it. No burglary.

-Nin

If I entered a building that was supposed to be empty at four in the morning and found someone in that getup, I wouldn't feel safe. On the other hand, I think Missy should have been alarmed just by the fact that doors which normally are closed were standing open up and down the corridors. So I guess its possible that the purpose of staging a burglary was only to fool Missy and cause her to think that this cop was there because of a break-in. Being that I don't believe he was unaware of the cameras, I don't believe the staging was meant to fool investigators. He would have worked much harder on that locked door and moved through the church with more purpose if he wanted to appear to be a burglar. And he would have just worn dark clothing and a ski mask.

Poor staging, yes. Looks like an amateur to me. I both ways, burglary and homicide. He/she will be caught. I have no doubt.

-Nin

Either we don't know about all of the search warrants for this case or LE is dropping the ball big time.

Well if LE hid search warrants but have us speculating on AT and CT due to search warrants mentioned. Then that's not good. If you mention some warrants but not all.

Both AT and CT live off commission and whatever else. They can not rebound from this like retired couples or 100k a year couples. So if LE could keep certain warrants hushed. Then why not all hush or totally redacted.

Jmo.

Btw. If At nor CT had nothing to do with this and the police know while allowing the public to kill their businesses and livelihood; Then they should sue the actual killer and LE for not publicly clearing them sooner while allowing speculation and the real perp to feel free to think the coast is clear. While knowing the Tuckers are taken the most financial blows from this thing. Jmo

Which is why it is always wise to never answer questions that LE asks. Even if you're telling the truth to the best of your recollection, they can twist whatever you say to suit their purposes. Always answer "I'd like to advise with my lawyer before answering any questions."

I can't understand why everyone involved in this case didn't seek council the first time LE questioned them. Especially the family members. I'm sure most people know by now that the people closest to the victim are under severe scrutiny right away.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Nothing wrong ommitting the full facts till courts if Le ask for your view in the matter it's best to give it, or ask them read your your Miranda rights. if you don't ask them to do that they can charge you with "not cooperating with them".

Only ask for a lawyer after they attain you, not before because if you o, you have a view of "suspect knowlegdable event guilt", or better known as with holding information. I'm not saying your wrong but your timing to present such thing is wrong to the officers. Never take any charges in a unfound suspect murder case. Never

If they cuff you and ask you to tell your version . Tell them to read your "Miranda Rights". after that ,then you can ask for a lawyer. Your in the clear. If they don't read you your rights anything you say and do is their ( Le) version. That's not what you want in a un-found suspect murder case because family& community anger is in the air and trust me they(Le) will charge you with something for wasting their time.. You don't want the Fbi or whomever eyes in your direction. Maybe even the killer themselves.. It never ends good , because all of the will looking for dirt on you. or should I say a unneeded charge or circumstances

Never be too bold, always calm and open to all reasoning. Sorry to be kind of off topic. I just want to correct the stance in that area.

I'm sorry my friend. If your wife or family member was killed and LE ask you your whereabouts. Then you should have the right answer. Right then and there. Even if you was snorting drugs in a strip club at the time. You should always answer their original questions in a situation like this if you are not guilty.

I rather say that I was robbing a bank at the time but no way I was there for murder. Jmo

Jmo

We can just agree to disagree. There is no way I'm making any statements without advising with my attorney first. The same way I have never consented to a search, nor answered questions to leading questions like "where are you headed" during traffic stops. Completely innocent or completely guilty, my attorney has advised me to contact him for anything beyond a traffic infraction.

As much as I would want to help find the killer, I have to take care of my child. Plenty of innocent people have been convicted on false charges.

I think the LE costume was worn almost solely to frick with LE. He knew about the cameras, but didn't care. he had a very confident, and almost blasé attitude when he was walking around. jmo I think he had no connection at all to MB,and was hired to do what he did. It will be very difficult for LE to solve this case . jmo I would love to see a little more of the video, more than just 2 minutes. jmo

What is on the white part on the front of the shirt ? is it some type of writing ? Don't all LEOS have to have their names on the front of their uniforms ? I doubt if MB would have believed he was a real cop. Where was his cruiser/motorcycle ? But then, he really didn't care, and I doubt if she was alive very long after she came into contact with her. jmo

The killer was walking in the dark so dont those surveillence cameras have a little red light that is always on so that the church custodian or preacher can know that its working like its supposed to work.

Respectfully BBM. There are some lights on in the hallways as evident in the video from the MPD. You see a bright spot on the floor spaced out in most all of the sliced pieces

In reply to Nin:

I think the SP is shown walking in the NW end of the building with one of the the roll-up doors to the kitchen in the background.

Thank you,mjp1228. Arkansasmimi and Scout cleared up the confusion about that set of doors. They seem to have been altered.

-Nin

Poor staging, yes. Looks like an amateur to me. I both ways, burglary and homicide. He/she will be caught. I have no doubt.

-Nin

That's just it, Nin. Usually staging is done as an effort to make the crime look like something that is not in order to mislead investigators. That's not what occurred in this case. The killer knew he was on camera. He knew that his actions would be seen and that it would be obvious he wasn't there to burglarize the church building. So the "staging" was done for another purpose. And it appears to have served his purpose.

Originally Posted by arkansasmimi View Post
Respectfully, BBM. That very same SW for AT&T Target Numbers (target appears to mean the numbers looking at? jmho) that AT & CT are listed there are others listed. NOT just AT & CT. So the same can be said for any of those numbers JMHO. Link to that doc in case you have missed it https://www.scribd.com/doc/311723138...Dated-April-25 . Not meaning to sound snarky, maybe I just misread/misunderstood your post thinking they are the only ones listed. And as far as "LE focused on AT & CT due to what was on MB'S phone" Not understanding why you think they only focused on these 2 individuals. JMHO

LE looked at all the numbers on the list.

Correct looked at all of those. Not singled out as your original post appeared to state. JMHO Thanks.

We can just agree to disagree. There is no way I'm making any statements without advising with my attorney first. The same way I have never consented to a search, nor answered questions to leading questions like "where are you headed" during traffic stops. Completely innocent or completely guilty, my attorney has advised me to contact him for anything beyond a traffic infraction.

As much as I would want to help find the killer, I have to take care of my child. Plenty of innocent people have been convicted on false charges.

Ohhhh this is so tricky! I'm SO pro LE and come from a LE family and would want to just "help any way I could" but after watching all the Steven Avery stuff I have vowed if I'm ever questioned in regards to a murder (please I hope not) I won't speak without calling my lawyer. Nope, never gonna happen! I actually now have a lawyer to call bc who keeps a lawyer on retainer in events like that? Not me anyway.

Moral of the story, don't kill anyone, so much planning and you are still most likely going to get caught since you left the body there.

JMO

Well if LE hid search warrants but have us speculating on AT and CT due to search warrants mentioned. Then that's not good. If you mention some warrants but not all.

Both AT and CT live off commission and whatever else. They can not rebound from this like retired couples or 100k a year couples. So if LE could keep certain warrants hushed. Then why not all hush or totally redacted.

Jmo.

Btw. If At nor CT had nothing to do with this and the police know while allowing the public to kill their businesses and livelihood; Then they should sue the actual killer and LE for not publicly clearing them sooner while allowing speculation and the real perp to feel free to think the coast is clear. While knowing the Tuckers are taken the most financial blows from this thing. Jmo

I guess your saying that LE has dropped the ball. If I'm misunderstanding your post let me know.

It will be interesting if someone sues the killer and LE for not clearing them immediately so they could avoid all of the internet speculation that has happened.

They let Scotty continue because they were tapping his phone calls that he was having with his mistress during his wife's vigil.

That conversation sealed his fate. Especially since it was during his wife's and unborn son vigil.

Besides that. The case was very circumstancial for a death penalty case.

Jmo

True. Didn't they charge Peterson before they found Laci's body? IIRC they did. I think this case will be largely circumstantial as well because of the SWAT suit, lack of an eye witness and no ballistic evidence...but OTOH they may have more evidence than we think they do. JMO.

Law Enforcement knows a TON more than we do. And every day, that gap is widening. They haven’t substantially talked to us in awhile. Between their whole police force and FBI, ATF, Rangers, NYPD, Tarrant County, they’ve thrown a lot of resourcesat this event. Yes, this is a good week to “California Stop” a stop sign or speed a little through Midlothian.

Bet their mountain of evidence takes up a couple rooms by this time. The bumping up of the reward was interesting. My immediate reaction was, “Oh no; they don’t feel they have enough to put someone away yet!” I had never heard of corporately sponsored reward money. That actually isbrilliant. Esp on high profilecases. So the reward costs Midlothian,Et al nothing but 1) Perks everyone’s interest again and 2) Ups the stakes alittle. Now they can buy a Harley instead of a Kawasaki. Could possibly change someone’s mind about talking. They probably don’t have DNA or an air-tight case yet.

Yes, both SW and locals all point to the perps gait and CT's gait being very similar; that's about the first and most obvious clue we were given and indicated that that could break the case. Unfortunately, the perp is very well planned out and has kept everyone on a wild goose chase trying to get supporting and complimentary evidence.

Here’s my big question. BB, RB, CW (all got SW’d and all immediately put out their alibis). It was deafeningly silent in the CT corner,even though locally it hit the fan pretty quickly. Maybe that’s an attorney’s doing (remember,I suspect some money behind this one.)

I’m starting to think the perp walked a little way to awaiting vehicle somewhere. With maybe adriver. There are too many cameras alongthe roads. Someone got a picture ofsomething somewhere (a bad picture, hence the Tarrant County Video Dept). Any pictures or evidence of moisture in thevideo or building (gauging about how long they may have been outside?)

We’ve let CW skate a bit. 1). He doesn’t really resemblethe perp -size or movement, I don't feel, but he/she is pretty covered.. Sounds likehe had an alibi. Still. He’s cheating on his young wife (beingunfaithful at least – in the eyes of most married people) and two kids, andbeats people up for a hobby (and has friends that beat people up for a living/hobby). At a minimum, we’ve got character flagshere. I think the MPD was wise in notclearing anyone earlier.

The more I see of MB, I think she is tender-hearted. People try to emphasize her muscularity, butshe’s realistically pretty little and I don’t see a naturally aggressivepersonality. I think she could succumbpretty easily to most people that are significantly bigger than her (which is agood number).

Any body language expert would have a hey-day reading thepose with AJ and some other trainer in Austin the week of her passing. Or, itmight be more accurately described as her pose with AJ, turning her back on theother guy making him an instant photobomb. If my wife did that to another guy (posting it on SM), we would probably talk about it. We try not have even the possibility of giving anything people could talk about; and with their history and somewhat visibility in the community...

The picture of the inside of the church is great. Interesting, but I never thought that heldthe key to identifying anyone. Seeinghow simple it is, I think the only thing it tells me is that he probably knewwhere she would come in and was waiting for her.

In the end, it will be very interesting what LE knew. Who lied when/where. I'm pretty sure they've got at least a #1 POI and are running all the messages, eye-witnesses; phone activity; to match everything up. It would be weird if they didn't have minimum 1, probably more people under surveillance right now. I'd think if LE had access to all her electronics (what did he/she google?) . Re-create the story using all those and more. It might be a trial that is litigated on overwhelming circumstantial evidence.

A few twists and turns still don't make sense. The possible recording of the murder is one of those pieces that seems to fit weird. But my guess is that we're going to have to wait a little bit more till it all comes out.

And then the productivity of many a household or company can return to it's normal levels...

RB is not even in this state anymore. He is on the West coast. I would think if he had not been cleared the MPD would have asked him to stay here.

ETA: Didn't mean to use someone's quote. Sorry.

LE has not named him a suspect, and the U.S. Constitution does not allow for the involuntary detention of a person of interest.

Yes, I agree. There is more to it. As I just posted to "Ranch", the great distinction between campers and him/herself may be relevant. He/she even looked straight into it. That's brazen. Or entirely stupid..

-Nin

Nin. Glad to see you on board. You helped so much with the Sievers case. Good luck here.

This case is similar without the doc dump. So be patience like we did until CWW and JR was arrested. Which was 2 months later.

Especially since we are only week 3 or 4 on this case.

BBM....I don't understand why we are still discussing RB as swatperp unless I am not understanding the above message from the mod.
Very good point. I am new here, but I believe based on tos we should not be discussing any family member.

Attention Websleuths Members

CT has made her Facebook page private.

We must respect CT's privacy.

All discussion of CT's Facebook page is now off limits.

Thank you,
Tricia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members