TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning y'all!

Just caught up to you guys finally! :coffeews:

If I entered a building that was supposed to be empty at four in the morning and found someone in that getup, I wouldn't feel safe. On the other hand, I think Missy should have been alarmed just by the fact that doors which normally are closed were standing open up and down the corridors. So I guess its possible that the purpose of staging a burglary was only to fool Missy and cause her to think that this cop was there because of a break-in. Being that I don't believe he was unaware of the cameras, I don't believe the staging was meant to fool investigators. He would have worked much harder on that locked door and moved through the church with more purpose if he wanted to appear to be a burglar. And he would have just worn dark clothing and a ski mask.

BBM: My husband & I have talked a lot about this. My hubs thinks that Missy probably thought that something was "off" about the perp immediately when she saw him/her (this, if she wasn't ambushed in a dark room by him/her). I personally completely disagree with that. If I walk into a church at 4:20 in the morning and I see someone in a SWAT uniform, I am not going to be thinking about there being no LE vehicle in the parking lot & I sure wouldn't immediately believe that I am in danger with this person. Maybe danger with whatever is going on that brought this SwatPerp to the church in the first place but, my instant reaction would be to believe that SwatPerp was the good guy/girl. For me, the only reason that anyone thinks that Missy should have been alarmed by SwatPerp is because we know what happens to Missy in that church.

If you walk into a church and there's a LEO there, it would take a little bit of thought to realize that something is off about the uniform (if there was something off). If you think about it, the "interaction" Missy had with SwatPerp probably happened rather quickly after she walked in, so I doubt very seriously Missy had any time to realize that she was in danger until it was too late.

I can honestly say that before this case, I would have followed SwatPerp into a dark room. Now, obviously my alarm bells would go off immediately. So, for me--that's what I think the purpose of SwatPerp's "uniform" was. The only "clever" thing SwatPerp may have done that morning, was to trick Missy into believing she was safe with them. I honestly can't say that I would have been alarmed by anything that morning (based on what we've heard) other than, "What is happening that caused LE to be here right now and WHERE IS THE BAD GUY?"

I also don't believe that Missy would have thought something was off about the doors being open. I would just think that they weren't closed from the services the night before. If she saw damage in the building, I think that would have been alarming. But I don't think open doors in the hallway would necessarily give someone any reason to be alarmed when they first walk in.

All JMHO (and ramblings).

Good morning everyone. Exactly 4 weeks ago Missy and her killer were both preparing to go to the church. 4 weeks is a long time for a killer to be walking the streets. Hoping today's the day something more positive happens.

Good morning! :)

BBM: Yes, yes, yes! We need things to start moving in a positive direction......like, now.

Not specifically for a gun, here are some likely reasons to bring the fabulous dog nose:

Some track human scents, missing persons - could have been used in this instance to learn if the killer was still on the grounds or what paths were taken. Did they have a car or did they run to the trees to a stashed car

Some for bombs - could have been used to detect bomb materials if a church/hate crime suspected

Some for accelerants
Some for drugs

Yep. True. Aside from human trail...my guess would/could be gunshot residue. Interesting. What if any human scent trail stopped in the parking lot? What if no scent was picked up? Does that ever happen? No clue ???

Not specifically for a gun, here are some likely reasons to bring the fabulous dog nose:

Some track human scents, missing persons - could have been used in this instance to learn if the killer was still on the grounds or what paths were taken. Did they have a car or did they run to the trees to a stashed car

Some for bombs - could have been used to detect bomb materials if a church/hate crime suspected

Some for accelerants
Some for drugs

The ATF, Rangers and police used a dog to search the interior and exterior of the church Wednesday for gunshot residue or other explosive powders, NBC5 reported

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...tness-instructors-slaying-in-midlothian.html/

Respectfully snipped [emoji4]

Speaking of time-stamping on FB. Is it odd that someone on the SW posted a status update at 4.26am on April 18th? (Unless of course my times are mixed up because where I live is 15hrs ahead of Texas and the time underneath the status shows up different for me)

It is not BB, RB or CT.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Very interesting

Now why would that be ok with me? Or maybe you mean the generic me? I haven't blamed the victim or speculated negatively about family or friends. I never have and never will on this case or any other for that matter.

My bad. The "be OK with you" meant GENERAL AUDIENCE. Thanks for bringing that to my attention! I should have typed "Would that be OK".

Sincere, genuine apologies. Geez. My head's so red from my own slaps.

So well said! I cannot argue your sensible, logical rationale. Thanks!!!

However, please do take on board....we may not simply exclude "female relationships" with BB,especially as SW stated "marriage relationships"...plural; 2 in a marriage. SW did not state "Missy had a relationship" only. We'd be branded tunnel vision if we excluded that simply because it stained a narrative we may prefer to adopt. Agree?

Definitely agree. The problem is LE & the media have given us nothing to go on to explore the possibility of BB having "relationships". AS mater of fact, the media has given us nothing. They only report what LE says. No digging on their own. JMO

Yes, someone on the SW did have an FB post at that time and within a short distance of MB's location. More "evidence" that others close to MB could have had opportunity... I just don't want to discard any possible scenarios or make assumptions that anyone on SW is definitely in the clear just because some people have "alibis" until/unless LE makes a statement that could counter these theories.

Sure seems like a dumb thing for someone to do who has supposedly planned the crime very carefully. I would want LE to think I was still fast asleep at home, not have to explain why I'm up at that hour.

And 4:26 is problematic, especially in a lone killer scenario. If the killer is posting a FB status at that time, he or she is most certainly inside the church at that moment and is either in the process of killing or doing the clean-up afterward. They have to expect that a cell tower would pick up their use of data.

Unless they're working with somebody, and they are in fact posting from home just to show that they themselves could not have been at the church at that time. But... I just don't see this being more than one perp. Maybe that's just me not wanting to believe that not just one person is evil enough to do this and then resume their normal lives, but two or more were.

Ok, who, among the SW names posted on fb at 4:26am on 4/18 and from where?

Yes, I agree. He appears to have an alibi but it's not been confirmed by LE, although he left the state with no apparent problem to go back to Cali after the memorial in Texas. The perp walks exactly like him, it truly cannot be discounted as easily as some want me to do.

Nobody wants you to do anything. We are all just posting what we see, even if it's different from what you see.

If allowed, I could find and post 1000 videos of other people that are complete strangers to this case that walk "exactly" like the perp does too. (Including my own sister!) We live in Canada though so I'm pretty sure her alibi is more solid than most. :D

Nobody is discounting what you're saying but I would hope that everyone is afforded the same courtesy.

I would say this crime was committed by 2 people, either married or related to each other.

ETA: I read W/S *more* than any other site; on many cases. Ask Tricia. For 1st time in years,in early 2015 Iogged in to post on an famous SA Olympic murder - and backed off as it was tense, but found a 2year old urgent PM from T LOL!! so I read and respect every opinion. Of course I judge; I guess if we're honest most of us do. Are we right? Nope, not always. Missy's murder drew meback in for a while. There is *something* about this case that is unsettling. There may be much, much more to it than meets the eye. Or,it may be the simplicity ofit all: beautiful,bubbly, loving small-town mom; apple of her daughters eyes, into all things good and obliterated for what? it is captivating and I daresay swatperp may have had no idea this would spin into the global headlights. It'sone of "those" cases, IMO. Infidelities? Money? They dumbfounding mystery has us obsessed :)

image.jpg

This is a screenshot from the 0:07 marker of the Midlo PD video.

There is a number 22 on the wall next to the door in the foreground.

You can see the perpetrator leaning out of the next doorway, peering down the hall. It is more obvious that this is what he does if you watch the video. After peering down the hall, he begins walking down the hall in what I consider to be his attempt at stealth. People commonly touch the wall in an attempt to maintain balance when trying to soften their footsteps.

[video=youtu;ePS8TJ6UAqY]http://youtu.be/ePS8TJ6UAqY[/video]

Ok, who, among the SW names posted on fb at 4:26am on 4/18 and from where?

AT. Impossible to say from where, but it was worded to appear from home.

Definitely agree. The problem is LE & the media have given us nothing to go on to explore the possibility of BB having "relationships". AS mater of fact, the media has given us nothing. They only report what LE says. No digging on their own. JMO

THAT is the truth! Nothing; absolutely nothing. The way LE want it, IMO.

Respectfully snipped [emoji4]

Speaking of time-stamping on FB. Is it odd that someone on the SW posted a status update at 4.26am on April 18th? (Unless of course my times are mixed up because where I live is 15hrs ahead of Texas and the time underneath the status shows up different for me)

It is not BB, RB or CT.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
What was the status change?

AT. Impossible to say from where, but it was worded to appear from home.
Didn't he have a 5:00 a.m. class as well in neighboring town? If so, then not unusual to post at that hour, particularly if related to class.

Four weeks. When does it officially become a cold case? When LE stops working on the case, boxes up all of the files and puts them into storage?

Good point about gym manager's comments. I also wonder if anyone else around her noticed or remarked that she wasn't herself or was more reserved in the weeks before her murder. Is he the only one?

His remark from the beginning have sent my hinky meter on high from the beginning. And I've never seen a pic of him..........covering his :behind: or his 15 mins.:moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson