OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been awake five nights in a row until the middle of the night, looking for that diamond in the rough. I have been interested in this case since April 22 and began reading everything I could about it. I read rumors, speculations, social media, newspaper articles, researched county records, etc. I hope the sheriff office has something. I just keep reminding myself, "there is no perfect crime" if you look hard enough. With crime scenes of this magnitude I can only hope mistakes were made by the killers and the authorities piece this together. I have my suspicious but they are not enough to convince myself 100% . I hope that there will be Justice for the Rhodens and Gilley families.

i would say yes, especially if that person was using meth, that is why i have a restraining order against my son, they are very violent and unpredictable, paranoid and i could go on, its like setting off a timebomb, he put a rock thru the windshield of my new car because i would not let him in my house after he threatened to kill us all and burn down our houses with us in them, he did bust out all the windows of his fathers house also
Haven't been able to reply to the message. Is your inbox full possibly??

(1st opinion post I have ever made. I really just like to read and I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with any posts. I think they are all interesting based on the very little that's known)
I hear "going (inaudible) Frankie"
Having called 911 hysterical before myself I believe that BJM had no idea she was going to find what she found that day. I can't tell you what happened while I was on the phone short of screaming for my husband but I do remember the 911 operator telling me repeatedly that I needed to calm down so she could understand me.
With that said I don't buy that she didn't know what was going on on that property. I have experience with both legal and illegal grows and from my experience you would be no where near that property without having their FULL trust. And it certainly wouldn't be where they conducted their "business" from. In other words, they wouldn't have people coming and going buying. With that said, I don't think I have read anywhere that she has denied knowing but I could have missed it. And I don't want to say what I would or wouldn't have done. I have no idea. I know what I hope I would have done but who's to say.
I personally live in the country but in Oregon and if there are more than a few shots my neighbors call or text to be sure it's just us target shooting. And people in our area will post on Facebook on a community page that they hear gunfire if it's more than a few shots. It's silent out here and gunfire can really carry a long way so it can be hard to tell where it's coming from.
Medical has been legal here for a while and recreational was just recently legalized here. Sense the recreational I have noticed an uptick in murders directly related to the operations. This one stands out to me but not to the extreme of 8 family members

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2015/04/suspected_gunman_in_portland_d.html

I talked to my husband for a bit tonight, he has more knowledge of the illegal side then I do and his immediate response was, drug deal gone wrong/someone got popped because of them. He said people's memories are longgggggg. He also said he believes there are worthless people out there that will kill 8 family members (even with babies in the bed) in revenge of a drug deal gone bad.
I personally think it was more personal and closer to home. We have no idea(my husband and I). These are just our thoughts from people that are just waiting for LE to make an arrest and tell the world what actually happened. No matter who did this it's horrible it happened at all. So sad!

I think Jeff Ruby dropped the reward because he didn't want to be associated with the case/the Rhodens. The pot grow operation and some other info had not yet been discovered or released when he put up the reward. I mean this in the nicest way possible but the Rhodens clearly did not have a good reputation around here. Between all of the fights, threats, bickering on Facebook, drugs, *advertiser censored* fighting, and who knows what else- I can see why he didn't want to be involved or associated with them.
Just my opinion.

Off Topic, but speaking of JJ, and Pike county...

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2015/12/11/ex-pike-county-deputy-under-scrutiny.html

The county prosecutor, a gun enthusiast, lent Jenkins a couple of pistols for protection.
Fayette County Sheriff Vernon Stanforth said Jenkins’ performance there in 2011 and 2012 was mediocre, and he was reprimanded for running his cruiser into an elderly man in a crosswalk. (The man was injured but survived.)

In May, Richard Henderson resigned as sheriff, and current Sheriff Charles Reader was chosen as his replacement.
“Once I was appointed, I could tell that there were still some issues” with Jenkins, Reader said.

The sheriff put Jenkins back on administrative leave and sent him to a mental-health professional.
When he was cleared to return, he headed to training on working with a dog and was paired with one named Gold.

Reader says JJ has issues, sends him to a mental health professional, then he gets a promotion as a K9 officer. At his arraignment the Judge puts a $100,000 bail, which he has to only pay $10,000 and got out, he's not allowed to drink or do drugs and will be tested. Psshh! His lawyer said it would be hard for him to pay that amount, but the judge won't lower it. The pretrial was set for April 22nd, haven't heard if it was held, and he's still not in custody. If the people who killed the Rhodens ever get caught, I hope the trial is moved, because it seems like the county is harder on people who smoke pot.

I have been awake five nights in a row until the middle of the night, looking for that diamond in the rough. I have been interested in this case since April 22 and began reading everything I could about it. I read rumors, speculations, social media, newspaper articles, researched county records, etc. I hope the sheriff office has something. I just keep reminding myself, "there is no perfect crime" if you look hard enough. With crime scenes of this magnitude I can only hope mistakes were made by the killers and the authorities piece this together. I have my suspicious but they are not enough to convince myself 100% . I hope that there will be Justice for the Rhodens and Gilley families.

Welcome to the Club ... no shortage of motives and suspects ... if only we had a little more info we Super Sleuths could crack this case wide open !!! 😉
Happy Hunting, dturner12 !!!

(1st opinion post I have ever made. I really just like to read and I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with any posts. I think they are all interesting based on the very little that's known)
I hear "going (inaudible) Frankie"
Having called 911 hysterical before myself I believe that BJM had no idea she was going to find what she found that day. I can't tell you what happened while I was on the phone short of screaming for my husband but I do remember the 911 operator telling me repeatedly that I needed to calm down so she could understand me.
With that said I don't buy that she didn't know what was going on on that property. I have experience with both legal and illegal grows and from my experience you would be no where near that property without having their FULL trust. And it certainly wouldn't be where they conducted their "business" from. In other words, they wouldn't have people coming and going buying. With that said, I don't think I have read anywhere that she has denied knowing but I could have missed it. And I don't want to say what I would or wouldn't have done. I have no idea. I know what I hope I would have done but who's to say.
I personally live in the country but in Oregon and if there are more than a few shots my neighbors call or text to be sure it's just us target shooting. And people in our area will post on Facebook on a community page that they hear gunfire if it's more than a few shots. It's silent out here and gunfire can really carry a long way so it can be hard to tell where it's coming from.
Medical has been legal here for a while and recreational was just recently legalized here. Sense the recreational I have noticed an uptick in murders directly related to the operations. This one stands out to me but not to the extreme of 8 family members

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2015/04/suspected_gunman_in_portland_d.html

I talked to my husband for a bit tonight, he has more knowledge of the illegal side then I do and his immediate response was, drug deal gone wrong/someone got popped because of them. He said people's memories are longgggggg. He also said he believes there are worthless people out there that will kill 8 family members (even with babies in the bed) in revenge of a drug deal gone bad.
I personally think it was more personal and closer to home. We have no idea(my husband and I). These are just our thoughts from people that are just waiting for LE to make an arrest and tell the world what actually happened. No matter who did this it's horrible it happened at all. So sad!

All good and valid points ... an intriguing case ...hopefully this crime gets solved soon and the murderer/s receive their just desserts !!!

I cant make out the end except at very end I think the other person does say "good job". Maybe like others have suggested that the person was just saying good job in handling getting the proper info to LE in a stressful situation.

Or telling a child good job.

Not sure if this was posted or not already. Lot's of info on the CRsr & the vehicles via LM. Too much to quote.

Why the Rhoden family had so many cars

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/story/news/local/2016/05/18/rhoden-family-many-cars/84528660/

LM distances himself from the grow op saying he had no reason to go down there, meaning to CHsr's place. Then tells how he helped work on some of the vehicles and was paid to haul some of them to get inspected...Oh, Leonard.

From link above per Manley.

“I think they are going to get in trouble when they run all those VINs,” he said. “They are going to find some of them ain’t even Chris.”

Oh I definitely don't believe she didn't know about the grow op. But I can understand her telling the media she didn't. She may be completely up front and honest with LE.

I definitely don't know what I'd do. She is criticized for taking the babies out, while JM is criticized for not. My maternal instinct would likely be to take the babies, period. Just not even thinking that I might disrupt a crime scene, I couldn't leave children in there, I don't think it would be a second thought to me. I can see why both reacted the way they did, it's just not an easy situation at all. It's terrible. Nobody would be thinking clearly, logically, it's such a tragedy.

It's just boggling my mind that there are people criticizing her for taking the children with her. WHO on earth would turn and walk away from a child trying to wake his dead daddy up, or an infant? Even if these were strangers that she didn't know, I doubt she would just leave living children there. JMO

I have been following this since thread 1...have only posted 1comment and don't know how to add links but thought someone might find this interesting and might want to dig around to see if any connections....FBI raided a home in Ft Wayne Indiana yesterday and hauled off 4 vehicles. You can go to WANE.com for more details.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/05/11/pike-county-not-leaving-those-babies-there/84194756/

Good question! Let's see. BJM gets up in the morning and goes over to the residence of her brother-in-law, CRSr. She arrives at 7am. This is stated several times and BJM reiterates her position that she arrived at close to 7am at that early morning interview.
She has gone there to do some chores, like feeding the dogs and chickens, which she does on a regular basis. She goes there with a friend and his wife. Immediately upon arrival at the trailer of CRSr, BJM notices that the dogs are outdoors, when, according to BJM, they should have been indoors. BJM walks to the residence door and finds that it is locked. This is also unusual, according to BJM, because normally it is unlocked. BJM retrieves a spare key and enters the residence. She sees blood in the living room and shouts "Rhoden, Rhoden, Rhoden". (Not "Chris, Chris, Chris)
BJM runs to the bedroom, where she sees CRSr & his cousin, GR, both dead.
BJM runs back outside shouting for her phone, per LM. Her phone had been charging in the car, so presumably she was shouting to the two persons in the car that she had brought with her. She then calls 911.
This scenario seems fairly straightforward and may have taken a few minutes to unfold.
T asks, "what exactly was she doing from 7 until 7:50"
Why is it unusual for dogs to be outside at 7am? I put mine out even earlier so we don't have an "accident" that I have to clean up when I finally get out of bed.
Why is a locked door unusual? They have surveillance cameras, and there have been hints of prior concerns, would it be more normal for a door to be locked?

I thought that BJM yelled for the child to unlock the door. I can't quickly reference the quote, but I know that there's been a lot of discussion about how the toddler could unlock the door and the various types of doors that could have made it possible.

I'm not implying that she has to give their names out, but why even say they "might" have followed her into the trailer? I just don't believe she doesn't know who followed her in to which trailer, so I just felt she should have just said, Two friends rode over w/me, and leave it there.
And why hasn't the Press interviewed them?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I thought that BJM yelled for the child to unlock the door. I can't quickly reference the quote, but I know that there's been a lot of discussion about how the toddler could unlock the door and the various types of doors that could have made it possible.

It would have had to be a very simple lock for a 3 year old to unlock. We have 3 locks on our doors and my son is 6 and can only unlock one of them- he can't unlock the deadbolts.

I have door locks that open from the inside with a turn of the knob, no need to unlock to open. Not sure but I think they are made that way for easy open from the inside for emergency exit.

Were any arrests ever disclosed from the shrink wrapped marijuana shipment intercepted at the local post office?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo