Egypt Air flight 804 missing, 19 May 2016

Is Egypt rich, or is this going to translate to the French people are going to be forced to pay for an endless savage hunt?

How horrifying for the passengers to be in a downward spiral, hope whatever happened, that it was quick.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/...-plane-disappeared-radar-160519031853365.html

Not trying to be graphic, its actually , comforting. In accident reports, there are sections on what happens (COD) to passengers. In a lot of instances like this one, ones head is thrown so violently that the spinal cord severs and the person is dead right away.

From Cariis' link, https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/wiki.php?id=186541

Wow, never checked that out before, found crash of a friend of mine 17 April. She and her boyfriend survived, thank G*d, but she is in rehab with more surgeries ahead.

It is a really neat site huh!

Cuffin

What , for you guys , would you say are the best airports as far as checking behind the scenes areas?

What are the worst?

Have you or any of your colleagues ever been , off guard asked to go through your stuff etc?

laugh break time! Go to 3:50- hysterical!

[video=youtube;4KXulcB2yjY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KXulcB2yjY[/video]

OK thanks,I am getting old so my memory is iffy.
I wanted to also tell you about a TV show that is done out of Schipol.It uses cameras to cover peoples stories of arriving at the airport and their loved ones or friends wait for them inside the airport and not having undergone any security.Remember the old days when you could send someone off from the gate?

And smoke!

I have, for years, truly believed that the only reason nothing has happened here; has nothing to do with TSA whatsoever.

I think, it is about the inteligance of the ones who have tried! IMO, someone packing bombs in their underwear, without, pondering the possiblity of only partial success well............. fail........................................

You know what I just thought? That report out there about a 360 degree spin is a structural impossiblity . A fighter jet cant do that. a plane cant do that without stalling . Does anyone remember the order of the two spin outs.

Have to conclude the only reason for saying that is just get the story more junked up moo

From Cariis' link, https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/wiki.php?id=186541

Wow, never checked that out before, found crash of a friend of mine 17 April. She and her boyfriend survived, thank G*d, but she is in rehab with more surgeries ahead.

It is a really neat site huh!

Actually Cariis he hates her, apparently their are very touchy. He said that she loves flying and doesn't really want to land. Apparently there is a 2 deg nose up attitude for landing which would feel like you were going into the ground not on it. He prefers his Airbus. When I watch them take off and their wings bend, and I mean really bend - it looks very elegant.

Maybe I should not be reading here about graphic stuff,so maybe we could hold off on the gory explanations please,thank you! Cariis,I am not sure what you are asking me. I posted about the TSA problems at Chicago and Atlanta's contract with TSA but it went poof!
Sorry to be a baby but I have to focus or I may panic over the Atlantic.

Hi CARIIS!

Hi Blue hope all is well, what is your take on this mess?? IMO mess is the correct word. LAst night I did not think it was gonna end up swirling all around like MAL 370. I thought sun up , crash site found.

This is no different than the silliness with MAL 370. My only hope now, is we are lucky (sounds awful) is that the French are allowed to be involved and they are our allies, and BEA, there NTSB are just as amazing , as NTSB
Maybe I should not be reading here about graphic stuff,so maybe we could hold off on the gory explanations please,thank you! Cariis,I am not sure what you are asking me. I posted about the TSA problems at Chicago and Atlanta's contract with TSA but it went poof!

I thought you worked for airline and was curious if you were ever searched and stuff. Sorry about the answer to DOTS post. Was just trying to alleviate pondering if poeple suffered!

Does anyone know how long the plane was on the ground at CDG? Was it a "turn and burn", or was it there a number of hours? How long on the ground in Tunisia and Eritrea? I'm really curious about this.

Does anyone know when the A330 was swapped out for the usual 737 on this route?

Some aviation experts are opining that this could be a potential "inside job"-- as in, possibly someone with legitimate access to the planes while on the ground during service and refueling. (Comparing to the Russian Metrojet bombing.)

(Great to see the MH folks here. Y'all have some experience. :wave: )
(Eta: Like I said back then, all the technical aviation stuff is way over my head...I'm all ears (again)).
(Going back to catch up.)

Does anyone know how long the plane was on the ground at CDG? Was it a "turn and burn", or was it there a number of hours? How long on the ground in Tunisia and Eritrea? I'm really curious about this.

Some aviation experts are opining that this could be a potential "inside job"-- as in, possibly someone with legitimate access to the planes while on the ground during service and refueling. (Comparing to the Russian Metrojet bombing.)

Hi KZ!

Awesome thought - she sat there all alone from like 1 in the morning till 8 ish - plenty of time to mess with her huh? In the middle of the dark night. Creepy actually.

She over nighted in Cairo for 6 hours! And at least for the 4 days prior an A320 ran the route! And it looks like they cancelled the segment today, but all ready for tomm!

But she was a hard working gal! They ran this plane hard!! One day this week Shoot, it looks like they updated their page which took out some of the earlier dates, They had her doing 5-6 segments a day. The did a lot 1 hour turn arounds, but there were also , in the middle of the day where she sat for hours??

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ms804

Does Cairo hate us??

Where did the plane originate from?TIA.I also thought inside job-employee as the Russian flight. I got a bit worried when I read a couple weeks ago that Belgium military was going to help with strikes against ISIS in Syria.

Cariis,My husband works in Belgium.

:grouphug:

Not a baby IMO. And just in case it may help - I'm considering calling in a request for some xanax and I won't even be flying right now, just loved ones. Who's the baby now! :D

Hang in there.

Re: flight 24 site:

WOW . just wow

I hope some of you looked at the link earlier regarding how hard she worked. Please someone - Go back - they wiped out all the segments on their page and ONLY left the Cairo - Paris on

Did any of you go over there earlier - that is really weird folks. Earlier it had all segments since the 13th. Now for the 13 14 15 16 17 they only have the one segment

When I went back a couple of minutes ago I just thought they updated it. But now, I realized it is only that they deleted the other segments on those past days.

There had to be some thought to it. If a computer only stores info for X days, it would not select to take off only X segments on those dates

That is super IMO messed up?????????????

Just wow

Why on earth would they do that?? Can they be "ordered" to pull the flights off?

Why leave only the Paris Cairo ones up??

Cause Paris aint playing that *****???

All those other segments are they our enemies ??

Someone come up with a notion please!

I am truly creeped out

I was going to mention this before, but there is another site and oddly, it's had conflicting data compared to flightradar24.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/MSR804

Re: flight 24 site:

WOW . just wow

I hope some of you looked at the link earlier regarding how hard she worked. Please someone - Go back - they wiped out all the segments on their page and ONLY left the Cairo - Paris on

Did any of you go over there earlier - that is really weird folks. Earlier it had all segments since the 13th. Now for the 13 14 15 16 17 they only have the one segment

When I went back a couple of minutes ago I just thought they updated it. But now, I realized it is only that they deleted the other segments on those past days.

There had to be some thought to it. If a computer only stores info for X days, it would not select to take off only X segments on those dates

That is super IMO messed up?????????????

Just wow

Why on earth would they do that?? Can they be "ordered" to pull the flights off?

Why leave only the Paris Cairo ones up??

Cause Paris aint playing that *****???

All those other segments are they our enemies ??

Someone come up with a notion please!

I am truly creeped out

For posterity.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ms804#9c0b766
28 May Paris (CDG) Cairo (CAI) - - 8:45 PM - 1:05 AM
Scheduled

27 May Paris (CDG) Cairo (CAI) - - 8:45 PM - 1:05 AM
Scheduled

26 May Paris (CDG) Cairo (CAI) - - 8:45 PM - 1:05 AM
Scheduled

25 May Paris (CDG) Cairo (CAI) - - 8:45 PM - 1:05 AM
Scheduled

24 May Paris (CDG) Cairo (CAI) - - 8:45 PM - 1:05 AM
Scheduled

23 May Paris (CDG) Cairo (CAI) - - 8:45 PM - 1:05 AM
Scheduled

22 May Paris (CDG) Cairo (CAI) - - 8:45 PM - 1:05 AM
Scheduled

21 May Paris (CDG) Cairo (CAI) - - 8:45 PM - 1:05 AM
Scheduled

20 May Paris (CDG) Cairo (CAI) - - 8:45 PM - 1:05 AM
Scheduled

19 May Paris (CDG) Cairo (CAI) - - 8:45 PM - 1:05 AM
Unknown

18 May Paris (CDG) Cairo (CAI) A320 (SU-GCC) - 8:45 PM - 1:05 AM
Canceled

17 May Paris (CDG) Cairo (CAI) A320 (SU-GBZ) 3:53 8:45 PM 8:54 PM 1:05 AM
Landed 12:47 AM

16 May Paris (CDG) Cairo (CAI) A320 (SU-GCC) 3:50 8:45 PM 8:52 PM 1:05 AM
Landed 12:43 AM

15 May Paris (CDG) Cairo (CAI) A320 (SU-GCB) 3:46 8:45 PM 8:43 PM 1:05 AM
Landed 12:29 AM

14 May Paris (CDG) Cairo (CAI) A320 (SU-GBZ) 3:50 8:45 PM 8:58 PM 1:05 AM
Landed 12:49 AM

13 May Paris (CDG) Cairo (CAI) A321 (SU-GBT) 3:50 8:45 PM 9:07 PM 1:05 AM
Landed 12:57 AM

* All dates and times are in UTC timezone

Try this link, I think it's all there.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/su-gcc

18 May Paris (CDG) Cairo (CAI) MS804 - 8:45 PM - 1:05 AM
Canceled KML CSV Play
18 May Cairo (CAI) Paris (CDG) MS803 - 2:50 PM - 7:40 PM
Landed 7:55 PM KML CSV Play
18 May Tunis (TUN) Cairo (CAI) MS844 2:24 10:35 AM 10:53 AM 1:40 PM
Landed 1:17 PM KML CSV Play
18 May Cairo (CAI) Tunis (TUN) MS843 3:12 6:15 AM 6:21 AM 9:35 AM
Landed 9:33 AM KML CSV Play
18 May Asmara (ASM) Cairo (CAI) MS834 2:32 1:10 AM 1:30 AM 3:55 AM
Landed 4:02 AM KML

Hi KZ!

Awesome thought - she sat there all alone from like 1 in the morning till 8 ish - plenty of time to mess with her huh? In the middle of the dark night. Creepy actually.

She over nighted in Cairo for 6 hours! And at least for the 4 days prior an A320 ran the route! And it looks like they cancelled the segment today, but all ready for tomm!

But she was a hard working gal! They ran this plane hard!! One day this week Shoot, it looks like they updated their page which took out some of the earlier dates, They had her doing 5-6 segments a day. The did a lot 1 hour turn arounds, but there were also , in the middle of the day where she sat for hours??

Does Cairo hate us??

Wow--- hours and hours on the ground at CDG and overnight in Cairo? That is not insignificant.

Did I hear that over 70 ground handlers at CDG were fired a few months ago for terrorist ties?

I could imagine a number of scenarios where "something" could have been placed on the plane that appeared innocuous to everyone on the ground. Either weapons to be retrieved later by another person to effect a suicide hijack, or something to catastrophically disable the aircraft.

I'm flying in the morning, domestic, and overseas in a week-- and bracing for increased security. I never used to have any anxiety about flying-- heck, I was a USAF flight nurse for many years, both active duty and reserve. I was less anxious about the deployment missions I flew in the middle east, than I am these days. But in the last few years I definitely have anxieties about the whole "cattle call" airport and flight experience as a civilian passenger. Especially when I have my kids with me.

It seems like we are violating pretty much every "rule" of security, as I learned them in the military. We are concentrating people in ever larger crowds and queues at airports, lots of people are flying that are on no-fly lists, and contraband regularly gets thru the "security theater" of the TSA lines. Thing is, if I can see so many weaknesses in the whole system as a passenger, I just deeply don't understand why others who are charged with security can't see that, too-- and fix it.

Wow--- hours and hours on the ground at CDG and overnight in Cairo? That is not insignificant.

Did I hear that over 70 ground handlers at CDG were fired a few months ago for terrorist ties?

I could imagine a number of scenarios where "something" could have been placed on the plane that appeared innocuous to everyone on the ground. Either weapons to be retrieved later by another person to effect a suicide hijack, or something to catastrophically disable the aircraft.

I'm flying in the morning, domestic, and overseas in a week-- and bracing for increased security. I never used to have any anxiety about flying-- heck, I was a USAF flight nurse for many years, both active duty and reserve. I was less anxious about the deployment missions I flew in the middle east, than I am these days. But in the last few years I definitely have anxieties about the whole "cattle call" airport and flight experience as a civilian passenger. Especially when I have my kids with me.

It seems like we are violating pretty much every "rule" of security, as I learned them in the military. We are concentrating people in ever larger crowds and queues at airports, lots of people are flying that are on no-fly lists, and contraband regularly gets thru the "security theater" of the TSA lines. Thing is, if I can see so many weaknesses in the whole system as a passenger, I just deeply don't understand why others who are charged with security can't see that, too-- and fix it.

Can someone answer KZ questions about how long she was at overnight. Between the two pages nothing makes sense. It is important!

Here look
We know she did many segments each of these days??? Where did all these go?

18 May Paris (CDG) Cairo (CAI) A320 (SU-GCC) - 8:45 PM - 1:05 AM
Canceled

17 May Paris (CDG) Cairo (CAI) A320 (SU-GBZ) 3:53 8:45 PM 8:54 PM 1:05 AM
Landed 12:47 AM

16 May Paris (CDG) Cairo (CAI) A320 (SU-GCC) 3:50 8:45 PM 8:52 PM 1:05 AM
Landed 12:43 AM

15 May Paris (CDG) Cairo (CAI) A320 (SU-GCB) 3:46 8:45 PM 8:43 PM 1:05 AM
Landed 12:29 AM

14 May Paris (CDG) Cairo (CAI) A320 (SU-GBZ) 3:50 8:45 PM 8:58 PM 1:05 AM
Landed 12:49 AM

13 May Paris (CDG) Cairo (CAI) A321 (SU-GBT) 3:50 8:45 PM 9:07 PM 1:05 AM
Landed 12:57 AM

Mary on CNN said that as far as the 70 folks some were just reassigned - they were changed for security reasons. So they still let some folks who they think are a security risk still " hang" in the airport.

Only a govt agency can come up with a solution like that IMO. I think you are a danger to me, so instead of sitting next to me in our office, I am going to have you go four doors down from now on ???? Lost here !!

I really like your posts - I learn stuff.

I do think the only conclusion any of us can come up with after today, is that we are in really deep ***** if a biohazard or nuclear event happened.

No ones leaders will be able to figure out what is happening or argue about what happened ( if they are alive) for the next 8 months.

IMO it is truly pathetic..........................Really is. All this money spent on technolgoy and noone can find a jetliner

It is getting worse not better. This finding Waldo stuff is increasing . Years ago they did not even try to find a plane out in the ocean - made sense back then..

This stuff does not-- its ludicrious, IMO, while being astounding in a peculiar way... it rattles the mind. They can find one of our emails in 10 seconds but an object that weighs tons throws all of em into nothing other than disoriented human beings ...................

That was a good post K Z.
I was thinking since they have not found the plane yet and no debris,could it mean it went in almost intact and was not a bomb?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151
Back