OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not asking for names but can someone tell me has the couple with bm that morning been named. Yes or No I don't wish to call them out or anything just trying to see if I missed something I would assume everyone there that morning is a POI not a suspect. Just can't find that info anywhere.

We don't know their names.

I find that as very interesting..... Especially the last sentence. Now I know he isnt investigating this himself but is making a wild guess but he is very good at his job and well known... Wecht: "One person got involved in something way over their head and into dangerous games, with the big boys, made threats and then: 'OK, buddy that's it then. I can't run the risk of killing you and leaving your kinfolk alive.'"He called it personal, but professional.

I would take anything Wecht says with a grain of salt.

From your link: A leading criminologist and a forensic pathologist are following the case from afar and agree on one thing: The killers had a core target, and the other seven people most likely died because of what they knew.
I wish we knew the identities of all the Rhoden family members that were present at the 'fight' that took place on Union Hill Rd with IJ, Rusty and the others. Then we'd know if the 'core target' might have been Chris Jr. and if the others killed were those accompanying him during that standoff.

Not asking for names but can someone tell me has the couple with bm that morning been named. Yes or No I don't wish to call them out or anything just trying to see if I missed something I would assume everyone there that morning is a POI not a suspect. Just can't find that info anywhere.

The slideshow in this Timeline slideshow states that 5 members of the Manley family were interviewed again, but none are named.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...-investigation-scientists-work-cops/84433990/

Also, states that video was taken from the Church on May 1, which was after the funeral for the 6 family members
First I have heard of any specific video.

Twice this article reports evidence of cockfighting was found which would seems to indicate something beyond just raising the roosters. However, they refused to comment on any connection to the crime.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...-investigation-scientists-work-cops/84433990/

We had a huge discussion, what I refer to as "intense fellowship", a thread back. Did you catch it? I was so tired yesterday, you may have posted on it. Sorry if that's redundant info.

I would take anything Wecht says with a grain of salt.
Yeah? I heard he was very good but of course he is not investigating this crime so he would know as much as we do and I think we have about covered every angle there is to be covered. I just wish they would release a little bit more info so that we have a direction to go in. Right now all we have is speculation with little evidence. With what I have, I have made a few thoughts on who I feel they were, but the why is unbeknowst to even me? None that I can even discuss here. These were all just by reading social media, newspaper clippings, witnesses talking , and public records. I realize that is all that any of us have. But without more info, not sure where to go from here!! In my opinion, It seems like the town is going back to normal business routine(not that I know this personally) and the police are not releasing anything at all.

This thing with the money has bothered me from the beginning. Dollar bills? Were there other denominations he didn't see? Were there 1,000 or 100 or 50? And why dollar bills? That's an awful lot of $1s. I know we have no reason to believe it's connected, but Portsmouth has a counterfeiting issue. Including dollar bills. It just struck me as odd.

http://www.wsaz.com/content/news/Rash-of-counterfeit-money-hits-Portsmouth-377425691.html

I think since DS was with KR's son, told him to wait he'd go in, he looked in saw KR had been shot, saw some bills and backed out. As far as the bills I'm wondering if KR woke up saw someone come in, thought he was being robbed, and was trying to give them money that was close by his bed. It could be when he was shot the money kind of scattered around his legs or on top of him.

If you listen to DS talk that's his tone of talking as in the 911 call, everyone deals with shock and situations differently. I'm not surprised by how he talked in the 911 call, so many things were going through his mind, he'd just found out earlier family members had been murdered, he was going to spend the night with KR the night before, he would've been killed, and he had KR's son with him after just discovering his Dad had been murdered. He had to be in shock, scared and bewildered like this can't be happening.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/cousin-of-...unts-grisly-discovery-at-crime-scene/39424988

Donald Stone said he discovered the body of his cousin Kenneth Rhoden inside one of the crime scene. After learning of seven murders in the area, Stone said he went to check on his cousin, making a grisly discovery in the victim’s living room.

"I hollered at Kenneth, 'Kenneth, can you hear me?' There no response. I turned around and looked at Luke,” Stone said, referring to another relative who was with him. “I said, ‘Luke, you don't need to see this.’ I walked up to the foot of the bed, I raised my head up and I looked. I saw blood in his eyes, and I knew then he was dead."
Stone said there was one thing he found odd with the crime scene.
“I (saw) money,” Stone said. “I (saw) money laying on the bed. I found that odd."

But, then he goes out to look around outside, sees a tray of plants, and then says, We better call the sheriff? Now that's weird. Stone is not being up front, IMO. Neither is BJM, IMO.

The money on KR, whether it was $50, or $1,050, is very odd. That is why I wonder if DS "found" the body earlier, relieved the deceased of a significant amount of cash, since, in his mind he no longer needed it, left a bit scattered as a detour, then went and got LR, to go with him to check on KR for what LR would think was the first time. DS would know he was already deceased, but, it would appear that they'd found him for the first time. Whether KS killed anyone or not, I'm not sold on yet, but I do feel he'd be opportunistic.

As per Mod:

Liable to get the thread shut down again if anything is posted regarding T.

Sorry. I actually was referring to the article mentioned by one of the posters, but it is no big deal. I don't need to read it as it doesn't pertain to this case anyway. Thank you anyway.

I'm so far behind in this thread chain and I am nowhere near caught up. However , was the chronological order of death ever released ? Do we know who was killed first ? Forgive me if this has already been discussed .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm so far behind in this thread chain and I am nowhere near caught up. However , was the chronological order of death ever released ? Do we know who was killed first ? Forgive me if this has already been discussed .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It hasn't been. :(

Probably nothing but in the pictures above this article they show someone testing a substance to see if it is heroin. Is what they are testing from the crime scene?

Click here: Pike County killings still top priority for state investigators | The Columbus Dispatch

This brings me back to GR and a bit of info I found on him. It had made me wonder if he didn't dabble in other areas other than pot. Maybe not be a big time dealer, but a user, and would know where to get those items.

I ran across something and I'm not sure how to go about wording it, so I'll put it like this;

Heroin is getting rampant in our little foothills town. We lost four young people over the course of one weekend and another, at last check, was fighting for their life, and may never be mentally "right" again. One of the ones who died had been in and out of rehabs and been doing pretty good but, broke down and used w/a friend. She's dead now. I have heard folks say that the dealer, if located, should be tried for murder. I've heard people imply, in situations like this, when a young person dies from an o.d., that they should let family take care of the person who sold it to their child. <modsnip>. So, I've wondered, if GR, who we now know for sure enjoyed harder drugs, could have used really poor judgement, and gotten something for someone, and that someone died, and if so, could family have sought revenge.

I do. The names can be tracked down. I don't know how much I'm allowed to tell about where to find out the info.

If they aren't named as POI, suspects, talked about in MSM . . . It can't be discussed.

I

I have often wondered why DR was still posting after 2 am. She had to be exhausted after working a double shift. Was she staying up waiting for Csr to come? Could he and GR have had a meeting with someone that night and could that have been the reason for the extra help post?

Not uncommon for getting off late. It's just like when you get off of work at 3p but have to work til 6p, you don't come home and go to bed. It takes time to wind down a bit when you get home. It's nearly impossible to just come straight in and go to bed.

This brings me back to GR and a bit of info I found on him. It had made me wonder if he didn't dabble in other areas other than pot. Maybe not be a big time dealer, but a user, and would know where to get those items.

I ran across something and I'm not sure how to go about wording it, so I'll put it like this;

Heroin is getting rampant in our little foothills town. We lost four young people over the course of one weekend and another, at last check, was fighting for their life, and may never be mentally "right" again. One of the ones who died had been in and out of rehabs and been doing pretty good but, broke down and used w/a friend. She's dead now. I have heard folks say that the dealer, if located, should be tried for murder. I've heard people imply, in situations like this, when a young person dies from an o.d., that they should let family take care of the person who sold it to their child. <modsnip> So, I've wondered, if GR, who we now know for sure enjoyed harder drugs, could have used really poor judgement, and gotten something for someone, and that someone died, and if so, could family have sought revenge.

Can you link to the harder drugs? Either I've forgotten or it went right over my head. Thanks!

MOD NOTE: while the names of the couple who accompanied BJM may be known because they have been sleuthed by some on social media, they may not be named (not even initials) here. They are private citizens whose names have not been released by authorities or the press and neither has made any statements to the press about that morning.

....This brings me back to GR and a bit of info I found on him. It had made me wonder if he didn't dabble in other areas other than pot... <modsnip> So, I've wondered, if GR, who we now know for sure enjoyed harder drugs, could have used really poor judgement, and gotten something for someone, and that someone died, and if so, could family have sought revenge.

The post about his wife wondering where he was and asking him to come home or call reminded me of Crack behavior - they disappear for days and then act like nothing is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member