Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
A missing person added at doenetwork a few days ago.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/4866dmbc.html

Doenet is offline so posting the google cache. No photo

Carlo Lucas Fernandez
Case Classification: Missing
Missing Since: June 3, 1976
Location Last Seen: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Physical Description
** Listed information is from the time of disappearance.

Date of Birth: October 18, 1955
Age at Time of Disappearance: 20 yrs
Race: White
Height at Time of Disappearance: 5'9
Weight at Time of Disappearance: 140 lbs
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Alias(s) / Nickname(s): Unknown

Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Dentals: Unknown
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Unknown
Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Green windbreaker, red and white checkered "lumberjack" style shirt, jeans, and a green beret.

Jewelry: Unknown

Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance

Last seen at his Vancouver residence on June 3, 1976, Carlo was reported missing after failing to show up for work. Witnesses reported that Carlo had become increasingly depressed in the days leading up to his disappearance and foul play is not suspected in his case.

Investigating Agency(s)
If you have any information about this case please contact;

Agency Name: Vancouver Police Department
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: 604-717-2530

Agency Case Number: 1976-30506
NCIC Case Number: N/A
NamUs Case Number: MP # N/A

Does anyone recall hearing that they were on a motorcycle when they stopped at the fruit stand where Jane ran in to get peaches?

I think I remember hearing that-I also remember that there were sitings of several strangers in town prior to the discovery of the couple and it was noted because it was such a small town

I think I remember hearing that-I also remember that there were sitings of several strangers in town prior to the discovery of the couple and it was noted because it was such a small town

Hearing this from where? What small town? I've never seen any report of any mysterious strangers or motorcycle.

Hearing this from where? What small town? I've never seen any report of any mysterious strangers or motorcycle.

Someone commented on their album at Never Forget Me that it was their mother that saw them that day; that's why I asked.

I read the part about strangers being seen in a previous incarnation of this thread.

I don't know if anyone has ever posted this but I noticed it mentions about his read and black lumberjack shirt and i found this link with these photos and the guy is wearing a read and white lumberjack shirt. http://www.******************/forum...18-22-found-in-sumter-county-nc-aug-1976.706/ for some reason it's not letting me paste the link... I guess you can search on google under JOCK AND JANE DOE: WM & WF, 18-22, found in Sumter County, NC - Aug 1976 and you can find the photo and he is wearing that shirt and they are standing by a boat....I don't know if anyone has shared this info earlier before

Doenet is offline so posting the google cache. No photo

Carlo Lucas Fernandez
Case Classification: Missing
Missing Since: June 3, 1976
Location Last Seen: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Physical Description
** Listed information is from the time of disappearance.

Date of Birth: October 18, 1955
Age at Time of Disappearance: 20 yrs
Race: White
Height at Time of Disappearance: 5'9
Weight at Time of Disappearance: 140 lbs
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Alias(s) / Nickname(s): Unknown

Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Dentals: Unknown
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Unknown
Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Green windbreaker, red and white checkered "lumberjack" style shirt, jeans, and a green beret.

Jewelry: Unknown

Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance

Last seen at his Vancouver residence on June 3, 1976, Carlo was reported missing after failing to show up for work. Witnesses reported that Carlo had become increasingly depressed in the days leading up to his disappearance and foul play is not suspected in his case.

Investigating Agency(s)
If you have any information about this case please contact;

Agency Name: Vancouver Police Department
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: 604-717-2530

Agency Case Number: 1976-30506
NCIC Case Number: N/A
NamUs Case Number: MP # N/A

I don't know if anyone has ever posted this but I noticed it mentions about his read and black lumberjack shirt and i found this link with these photos and the guy is wearing a read and white lumberjack shirt. http://www.******************/forum...18-22-found-in-sumter-county-nc-aug-1976.706/ for some reason it's not letting me paste the link... I guess you can search on google under JOCK AND JANE DOE: WM & WF, 18-22, found in Sumter County, NC - Aug 1976 and you can find the photo and he is wearing that shirt and they are standing by a boat....I don't know if anyone has shared this info earlier before

The lumberjack shirt photo is one of the McMinns, missing after sailing in the Pacific. There are also many errors on that page.

Or more accurately, as a witness claimed he said. I'm not sure I believe it. Well, let me rephrase that. I'm pretty sure I don't believe it.
Carbuff, you crack me up!
I'm curious. It sounds like you don't put much stock in the witness statement. Why is that?

Hello Websleuths. I am an agent with the National Park Service and have been assigned the Dikran Knadjian cold case. I have read through the original file as well as the threads on this site. If anyone has any information about this case specifically please feel free to contact me.

The family is still very much invested in this case and willing to help me. It is quite possible that Knadjian did suffer a fall somewhere in the park but many of the remains found were not linked (at the time this was via dental records). I am pursuing getting the status of all of our DNA evidence that is in inventory. The original investigation was lengthy and conducted very well but perhaps there may be a way to make some progress now. I am not usually in the habit of reaching out to the online community with most of my cases (most my cases are not 40 plus years old either), but it seems that there is a lot of good information on here and this case has had no movement in a long time so any progress would be helpful.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/19337/3/

Welcome to WS! :)

Here is the photo of John and Cordelia McMinn who were originally found by a member here to be compared to the mystery couple. To date, I do not think that has happened yet. Pamela Reed didn't answer my last email about it. She's been really busy. I do not want to be a pest, will try again another day

John McMinn MP 19254 - DNA Status: Sample submitted - Tests complete
Cordelia McMinn MP 19259 - DNA Status: Sample submitted - Tests complete

Attachments

• img_33872.jpeg
    img_33872.jpeg
    105 KB · Views: 40
Carbuff, you crack me up!
I'm curious. It sounds like you don't put much stock in the witness statement. Why is that?

I'm generally skeptical of eyewitness reports since they so often turn out to be mistaken.
And this particular witness may have a vested interest in directing attention away from the local area, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember this case in a detective magazine in the 70's. I read some of the thread and maybe this has been mentioned before. They had said the man had had a very expensive dental procedure that was usually done overseas. I remember this well because they called the procedure by name and said it was so dangerous they literally worked between heartbeats. I've checked through the years to find out if it was solved. Load of hooey? Who knows?

I remember this case from a detective magazine in the 70's. I read some of the thread and maybe this has been mentioned before. They had said the man had had a very expensive dental procedure that was usually done overseas. I remember this well because they called the procedure by name and said it was so dangerous they literally worked between heartbeats. I've checked through the years to find out if it was solved. Load of hooey? Who knows?

https://www.services.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/missing-disparus/case-dossier.jsf?case=2014003890&id=15

Has anyone taken a look at Guy Carignan? He looks to me a lot like Jacques Doe. He left Quebec in 1973 to travel with a friend to Vancouver, but neither he, nor the friend ever arrived there. I'll see if I can find out more about his friend.

Edited to add ... I found the friend who went missing with him. Lucie Gelinas. Lucie was 5'5", 100 pounds, had green eyes, and shoulder length brown hair.

https://www.services.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/missing-disparus/case-dossier.jsf?case=2015050297&id=7

https://www.services.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/missing-disparus/case-dossier.jsf?case=2014003890&id=15

Has anyone taken a look at Guy Carignan? He looks to me a lot like Jacques Doe. He left Quebec in 1973 to travel with a friend to Vancouver, but neither he, nor the friend ever arrived there. I'll see if I can find out more about his friend.

Edited to add ... I found the friend who went missing with him. Lucie Gelinas. Lucie was 5'5", 100 pounds, had green eyes, and shoulder length brown hair.

https://www.services.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/missing-disparus/case-dossier.jsf?case=2015050297&id=7

WOW musicaljoke, you may have found the answer!

Can you let the RCMP know about the deceased couple in South Carolina?

Yea, I'll send in the two missing people to authorities on both sides of the border. Thanks for the word of encouragement. I wasn't going to, but now, I will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23