TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
NPDS - narcissistic personality disorder + APDs - antisocial personality disorder are sociopaths and feel no empathy/remorse. they are thus in effect psychopaths.

Respectfully, I just want Missy's killer caught, whether or not they are a psychopath. If Missy's killer suffers from some kind of disorder, then I sincerely hope they get they help they need - in the prison system where they belong.

I think it's more likely SP attended Missy's classes, or snooped around before and after she and her students were there.

IMO the crime being committed in a church is just a coincidence. I think the SP would have gone after wherever she was. This would have happened (or been attempted) if she'd been holding her classes at a community centre or YMCA.

My opinion agrees with yours. As someone posted yesterday the perp/s didn't give 2 &*# about it being a place of worship.

The FBI profling clue though is that the perp/s did not feel a sense of icky about it. Dead souls walking. No empathy or respect for society's rules. eg NPD. Normal people would have a problem with it. These are personality clues....

NPDS - narcissistic personality disorder + APDs - antisocial personality disorder are sociopaths and feel no empathy/remorse. NPDs are also extremely manipulative. Without empathy NPDs and APDs are thus in effect psychopaths.

This incorrect.

I think it's more likely SP attended Missy's classes, or snooped around before and after she and her students were there.

IMO the crime being committed in a church is just a coincidence. I think the SP would have gone after wherever she was. This would have happened (or been attempted) if she'd been holding her classes at a community centre or YMCA.

Agree, but this was about as remote as Missy got. It was still a MAJOR risk for the perp, though. Obviously pretty well planned, but a lot of luck involved, too. JMO

This is true, Cujenn, I like your post. One of the most defining marks of a psychopath is the inability to process emotion like other people. There is no empathy, no remorse, no guilt. Pulse is steady, sweat glands normal, heart rates low. They are remarkably unconcerned with their behavioral transgressions.

Respectfully, I just want Missy's killer caught, whether or not they are a psychopath. If Missy's killer suffers from some kind of disorder, then I sincerely hope they get they help they need - in the prison system where they belong.

Of course, just wanted to clarify that terminology because people don't realise how dangerous the average Joe could be. We all think we could spot a "psychopath" but some of these NPDs etc look like nice people. And they are psychopaths if it's the malignant type of NPD. the next door neighbour/CEO/pastor/ or anyone type. Just watch Dateline to see how wholesome some look.

Respectfully I think some of us are going a bit doolally tonight. I seem to have been jumping back and forth trying to work things out and I'm confused.

It's midnight so I'm hitting the hay. Be good.

:eek:fftobed:

Agree, but this was about as remote as Missy got. It was still a MAJOR risk for the perp, though. Obviously pretty well planned, but a lot of luck involved, too. JMO

Right? What if she hadn't been alone when she arrived? Or if someone else had shown up first? Or a million other possibilities. SP got crazy lucky.

My hope is that they used a prepaid THINKING it is untraceable. Not many things are truly untraceable! In Beverly Carter's case, slick Arron bought a burner phone to use for the interaction. But, all things can be traced where they came from (Dollar General, in that case). Then, they went to Dollar General and got the video footage of the purchase. Even when the product isn't directly connected to the person, through some good detective work, it can be linked. (I think it was that case! So many cases, so little brain space)/

I def don't think this was a robbery. A robber comes in quickly searching and grabbing and stuffing stuff they want in their pants or whatever. This person didn't steal anything but weapons! Were the weapons placed there by them earlier to come back and use? Its probable. And when someone comes in on a robbery, the robber generally runs for the hills! They don't stick around, bludgeon someone in the head and still leave without anything of value. Doesn't at all seem like a robbery gig, to me. Seems very targeted. Seems very calculated. Seemed very at peace with this mission they were on. VERY scary, to me.

Respectfully BBM, I don't remember a burner phone in that case. But he used a phone app TEXT ME, and it was traced back to his wife account..(may be forgetting the detail on the burner phone... but it def was not what was in play in the case how they connected them) It is very foolish for people to think/believe anything can't be traced in this day. Especially electronics. jmho

This incorrect.

Please prove what you say. I've researched the subject ad nauseam. Over many months.

The terms malignant narcissist and psychopath are sometimes used interchangeably because there is little to clinically separate the two. Individuals with narcissistic personality disorder, malignant narcissism, and psychopathy all display similar traits which are outlined in the Hare Psychopathy Checklist. The test has 20 items scored on a three-point scale, with a rating of 0 if it does not apply at all, 1 if there is a partial match or mixed information, and 2 if there is a reasonably good match. With a maximum score of 40, the cut-off for the label of psychopathy is 30 in the United States and 25 in the United Kingdom. High scores are positively associated with measures of impulsivity and aggression, Machiavellianism, persistent criminal behavior, and negatively associated with measures of empathy and affiliation.
Malignant narcissism is highlighted as a key area in the study of mass murder, sexual, and serial murder.[SUP][10][/SUP][SUP][11][/SUP]

Respectfully I think some of us are going a bit doolally tonight. I seem to have been jumping back and forth trying to work things out and I'm confused.

Such a great Britishism!

Goodnght. :)

Right? What if she hadn't been alone when she arrived? Or if someone else had shown up first? Or a million other possibilities. SP got crazy lucky.

Just glad that her kid wasn't with her, because perp would have murdered her too. JMO

Just glad that her kid wasn't with her, because perp would have murdered her too. JMO

The daughter sometimes helped with morning workouts, but not the 5am ones. BB stated this early one, soon after the murder.

Still, the perp was comfortable in the knowledge that Missy would arrive alone. And, the perp worked really quickly once she arrived. It was planned well, imo.

Just waiting for his/her mistake to become apparent.....

jmo

Too many people are saying they forgive the offender of crimes and they are not sincere.
Generally the statement of forgiveness is followed by a statement that the offender still must take his punishment.
IMHO that totally invalidates the expression of forgiveness.
This statement seems to be geared to making the speaker feel better
without any actual effort on their part,
this is very much like the folks who claim to be sending prayers to help your Granny in ICU get better.
I'm pretty sure that less than 1% of these folks actually take to their knees and beg a favor of God almighty.
(not that it makes any difference)

Quote Originally Posted by Nationals View Post
They can use a prepaid though, so untraceable.

My hope is that they used a prepaid THINKING it is untraceable. Not many things are truly untraceable! In Beverly Carter's case, slick Arron bought a burner phone to use for the interaction. But, all things can be traced where they came from (Dollar General, in that case). Then, they went to Dollar General and got the video footage of the purchase. Even when the product isn't directly connected to the person, through some good detective work, it can be linked. (I think it was that case! So many cases, so little brain space)/

I def don't think this was a robbery. A robber comes in quickly searching and grabbing and stuffing stuff they want in their pants or whatever. This person didn't steal anything but weapons! Were the weapons placed there by them earlier to come back and use? Its probable. And when someone comes in on a robbery, the robber generally runs for the hills! They don't stick around, bludgeon someone in the head and still leave without anything of value. Doesn't at all seem like a robbery gig, to me. Seems very targeted. Seems very calculated. Seemed very at peace with this mission they were on. VERY scary, to me.

Police were also able to trace phone in this case:

http://www.lohud.com/story/news/crime/2015/05/12/diana-nadell-andrea-benson-sentencing/27172721/

I too have wondered about why this location and my thought is that the time of day would give most people an alibi that is hard to prove or disprove: they were asleep. But this location also has it's downsides, primarily that she typically was outside in a well lit parking lot off a busy road setting up. Even when it rained, they stayed under the awning and she wrote that they in fact would be under the awning that day. We don't have a tremendous amount of commerce in town so must of us drive past that church pretty frequently on our way to Waxahachie. I always glance over there because there isn't much to see around it so your eyes are just sort of drawn there. More so at night. It was raining very heavily that day, were they waiting for a rainy day and just betting that she would go inside? That also seems like a risk. But then I thought maybe they DIDN'T plan on Missy going in at all. Maybe the SP outfit and the broken door were a way to lure her off to the field or even a car...though that doesn't explain the damage they did inside the church. (But it would explain why the tool was used in the murder--that seems a hasty choice. Maybe they hadn't planned to murder here immediately.) I wonder if their plan was either to meet her in the lot and either accuse her of breaking into the church, planning to take her and show her the broken window that I believe was toward the back and obstructed the view from the road, and then kidnapping her or to act like they were warning her that some sort of danger was in the area and to come with them to safety, luring her into the field to kill her or behind the church to a waiting car.

Or they did somehow know she would come, and when she did they accused her of breaking in and had her lay down which would make her an easy target, so they didn't sweat using a tool to kill her as a tool is obviously harder to track down than a knife or a gun.

Too many people are saying they forgive the offender of crimes and they are not sincere.
Generally the statement of forgiveness is followed by a statement that the offender still must take his punishment.
IMHO that totally invalidates the expression of forgiveness.
This statement seems to be geared to making the speaker feel better
without any actual effort on their part,
this is very much like the folks who claim to be sending prayers to help your Granny in ICU get better.
I'm pretty sure that less than 1% of these folks actually take to their knees and beg a favor of God almighty.
(not that it makes any difference)

Absolutely agree! It is to make the speaker feel better. JMO

I didn't think so, but now I do. :) I'm following your lead for the night.

See ya.

The daughter sometimes helped with morning workouts, but not the 5am ones. BB stated this early one, soon after the murder.

Still, the perp was comfortable in the knowledge that Missy would arrive alone. And, the perp worked really quickly once she arrived. It was planned well, imo.

Just waiting for his/her mistake to become apparent.....

jmo

Very interesting the perp/s were confident that her daughter wouldn't be with her... if they were. Like you I think they were. But these are just our opinions because it was so well plotted IMO.

Did I read she was subbing as a special ed teacher? I'm not sure how subbing works in Texas but in Ohio you just need a bachelor's degree in any field to get a temporary teaching certificate to work as a substitute teacher.

You just need a high school degree to sub here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam