TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
attachment.php
This is a test. I am trying to re-upload the better, lighter version of the Altima photo from thread 20.
attachment.php

I'm not from the area. I wanted to share this link in case there's anyone else here that would like to have a better understanding of the distance between the church and SWFA, how far off the road is the church, what's across the street from the church, etc. The link basically lets you walk up/down hwy 287, look around and zoom in.

https://www.google.com/search?sclie...y=!1e2!2sBViG7CyPQawAAAQfCVi4QA&istate=kp:xpd

About this whole facebook thing, there's a scam going on and about a week ago the same thing happened to my sister. She had no idea until a friend asked why she was using two accounts. There is a scam going on where someone makes a profile with your pictures and sends friend requests. Maybe the person/people doing this will finally get caught due to using an account the police might be watching.

http://www.ricksdailytips.com/beware-duplicate-friend-requests/

Now there is a type of scam making the rounds that is even more insidious than most. Scammers are making virtual copies of real Facebook accounts by copying the photos and info from the real account’s “About” page to the fake ones. They then send friend requests to the friends listed on the real account.

Once the scammer has most or all of the original account holder’s friends onboard, there are countless ways those friends can be scammed because, well, we tend to trust our friends, right?

One of the most common scams perpetrated after a fake account has been created and populated with your friends is messaging you asking for money to help get them through some crisis.

Yep and since they added that little thing where you can send $$ directly from FB, scammers gonna scam. Common sense in most of these cases would cure that, keeping stuff private, not putting your work stuff with your personal stuff..... But in this case, they know MB is deceased and that her page is a memorial page and the "fake one" doesn't have that on it" ... :nevermind:

LOL.... on Texas Rangers :silly:
I am really confused at the whole interview. I do understand changing your opinion as you learn more. That is how should be. But I had just read an article that said after the Friday MPD that BB didnt want to do anymore media interviews. Cant find link, maybe thats just what was relayed to that reporter.

It’s a crime that has drawn national attention.
"In a strange way, I'm thankful for the attention that this has received,” admitted Brandon Bevers, Missy’s husband. “But it goes back to that it happened in a house of God, and that's pretty disturbing." http://www.fox4news.com/news/144581978-story

From April 19 he told reporters, he didnt want this to be a media story or a spectacle, now he changed his mind. JMHO, I think he just chose wrong words and we are picking apart because of such. Rather I am. I don't think he should have done it since he doesn't want all the crazy internet and local rumors. Who can blame him. But in doing it, it just gave food to those of us picking apart everything. While I don't blame him for choosing to deactivate his fb, that too just added fuel to the fire. He could have just locked it down. But honestly, no matter what the man did, something would be made of it.

And it not that the murder took place in a church that drew my attention to the case. Or anyone else JMHO, it was because of the whole situation... who killed, who all was brought in to help on the case, what killer was wearing, where it was done, when it was done, little after 418am on a rainy Monday morning.... and has not been an arrest yet.

JMHO, maybe he thought that since MPD stated what they did on Friday, that they were all cleared, but that when met with them yesterday, was explained that no one is cleared. That is what I got from the interview. In his defense here, he has never had to go through anything like this and possibly didn't understand terminology and how this works. Or maybe he does dunno

In the latest news conference, police said at this point, none of Missy’s family, friends or coworkers are considered suspects. Brandon says no one should take that as meaning anybody has been cleared."It's just like the officer said today when I met with them; myself and everybody else in this investigation, despite the fact that they've come out and said they're no longer suspects doesn't mean they've been eradicated from the investigation because the door has to remain open,” Brandon said. "Once they've scoured the field they should never close the door, you know." http://www.fox4news.com/news/144581978-story

Right there with you! Seems the low media profile was short lived.

I first had the opinion, in the beginning of this case, that the killer had some psychological reason for dressing like SP. Then I talked myself out of it and thought it was for two purposes. One to make MB think she was safe with a cop there, and two to keep the perps DNA off of everything. But we may be dealing with a true psychotic here. Someone who is actually thumbing their nose at LE sort-of like "can't touch this." Now today we hear of these phony friend requests, which just coincidently are being sent to folks who were out the CG weekend.

Could our perp have wearied of the first thrill and is now out to play more games, just because they can?

This could get dangerous. It has something to do with what happened at that CG weekend. Does someone want more revenge?

Do you think this catfish is still in MB's friend list, or one of those early on who unfriended MB?

Perhaps a person on the periphery - the person could be 1 or more of any of MB's 1,848 FB friends. These catfishers spend a lot of time masquerading under their false identities, some of them have many more than just one. This is no critisism of MB whatsoever, to each his own, but remember that MB's life was like an open book (not unlike - sorry to keep mentioning this, but - Meri from Sisterwives who is a reality celebrity and was seriously duped by a catfisher.) (eta: I know it's a reality show but I really do believe she was actually catfished, it was good for ratings IO know, but I really do believe it happened. The catfisher was exposed as a woman named Jackie Overton. She has a blog and has written 2 ebooks about their 'relationship' - her 15 mins. She's an awful woman, IMO.)

I first had the opinion, in the beginning of this case, that the killer had some psychological reason for dressing like SP. Then I talked myself out of it and thought it was for two purposes. One to make MB think she was safe with a cop there, and two to keep the perps DNA off of everything. But we may be dealing with a true psychotic here. Someone who is actually thumbing their nose at LE sort-of like "can't touch this." Now today we hear of these phony friend requests, which just coincidently are being sent to folks who were out the CG weekend.

Could our perp have wearied of the first thrill and is now out to play more games, just because they can?

This could get dangerous. It has something to do with what happened at that CG weekend. Does someone want more revenge?

Possibly. I think it is someone disenchanted with the entire franchise and what it represents, perhaps the religious aspect of it too.

Perhaps a person on the periphery - the person could be 1 or more of any of MB's 1,848 FB friends. These catfishers spend a lot of time masquerading under their false identities, some of them have many more than just one. This is no critisism of MB whatsoever, to each his own, but remember that MB's life was like an open book (not unlike - sorry to keep mentioning this, but - Meri from Sisterwives who is a reality celebrity and was seriously duped by a catfisher.)

So....we do think the person sending the friend request is someone inserting him/herself into the case to be a jerk, or is it the perp?? Or some other scenario?

jmo

Does anyone else see eyeliner??? I'm new to this so forgive me but I was referring to the close up eye photo someone posted.

I'm on my iPad - I wonder if that makes a difference? I just continue to tap in the direction I want to move on the picture. If you're on a desktop try clicking in the direction you want to move on the picture.

image.jpg

Click image to enlarge.

Yellow arrow pointing at solid white line.

Orange arrow pointing at segment of broken white lane divider line.

Red half circle around NE end of crosshairs painted on pavement.

Feel free to rework these delineations with a better quality image. Just did this on my iPad to point out what I was referring to. I'm sure someone else can do a better job.

Right there with you! Seems the low media profile was short lived.

Seriously?, I am responding to your quote, but I see what you specifically responded to. This isn't directed at you, by any means.

Will there ever be a time when we give this man a break? I don't mean to sound hostile, but it is becoming petty. In my opinion, this man is doing the best he can. He is wanting this in the media to keep Americas eyes open to this case so it doesn't go dark. The more people aware, the better chance of locating his wife's murderer. Until a link is provided to suggest otherwise, I believe this to be the case.

In reference to BB including himself as to "not being cleared," what's he supposed to say," Everyone is not cleared except for me?"

I'm not from the area. I wanted to share this link in case there's anyone else here that would like to have a better understanding of the distance between the church and SWFA, how far off the road is the church, what's across the street from the church, etc. The link basically lets you walk up/down hwy 287, look around and zoom in.

https://www.google.com/search?sclie...y=!1e2!2sBViG7CyPQawAAAQfCVi4QA&istate=kp:xpd

:confused: All the link does for me is take me to a list of search results for gun stores in the Midlothian area. Were you trying to post a Google Maps link like this?

https://www.google.com/maps/@32.4421917,-96.9200199,3a,66.8y,295.37h,84.63t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sj3R4JkACV72zN4EgV1NMXw!2e0

I also say check the days after... murderers often revisit the scene of the crime,

That was exactly what the LE were doing on Wed April 20. The Creekside Church of Christ had a prayer service. That also the date earlier in morning that the ATF brought the dog in. It hit me few days back, tAutopsy was completed on Tues, (yes had to have time to get dog there from wherever if came from) but one would think that they would have done that on Tues sometime.. I thinking checking for explosives jmho clearing the Church prior to Wed night services, as a precaution. JMHO

4/20/2016 The Texas Rangers and two federal agencies have joined Midlothian police in the investigation into fitness instructor’s death.

Assistant Chief of Police Kevin Johnson said Wednesday that the Rangers, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and an unnamed second federal agency are assisting in the investigation of Missy Bevers’ Monday morning slaying, KXAS-TV (NBC5) reported. ....The ATF, Rangers and police used a dog to search the interior and exterior of the church Wednesday for gunshot residue or other explosive powders, NBC5 reported. http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...tness-instructors-slaying-in-midlothian.html/

4/20 Evening : https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10153424204757343&id=179345102342
Creekside Church--Come as you are...
April 20 · All are invited to a special family time of prayer and reflection tonight at Creekside at 6:45. Doors will open at 6:30. All other classes and activities for tonight are cancelled.

4/21 report Kerry Sanders of 4/20 activities in case http://www.today.com/video/feds-joi...-bevers-texas-fitness-instructor-670661699846

So....we do think the person sending the friend request is someone inserting him/herself into the case to be a jerk, or is it the perp?? Or some other scenario?

jmo

IMO the catfish perp. B/c the person is looking for that feeling again now that the initial thrill is over. Who knows?

jmo

The timing is strange. It's after the presser stating that nothing became of the LinkedIn message. I happen to believe NYPD is on top of that and maaaaybee they said what they did in the presser to make the perp believe LinkedIn message couldn't be traced, but in fact were setting the hook to catch the catfisher knowing this person couldn't resist adding more to the drama.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member