TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have searched and I can not find it. Did they not say that they had the scene cleared by 12:30 pm the day of the murder and the church was reopened. Not trying to spread missinfo, I swear I read that somewhere, because I thought to myself, "there is no way in hell they processed that entire crime scene in less than 8 hours" The perp meandered that entire building, I would think they would dust every square inch. We know the killer was first seen at 3:50 and we have video of them at 03:58 on the sw side of the building, that is 8 minutes right there of evidence.

4/18/2016 start abt 1:25 mark Captain Spann.. this happened about 5 this morning just cleared the scene about 12 pm *https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNLtwTK2hq8&feature=youtu.be

ETA I know nothing about the church was reopened part. But from looking at the boarded up window and doors, they started working on repairs and had to have it cleaned up well before Wed, the fb post about the Wednesday prayer service was posted early Wed afternoon, not sure what time they had the dog there, but I will assume post was after the dog there. JMHO not know fact there

Thank you Ma'am.
So the scene wasn't processed by 12 just the building cleared. Its a little confusing as in the medical world, the clearing of a building means it is safe for fire and rescue to go in, here it sounds like rescue aka paramedics were in the building before it was cleared. We have a saying in the field.. a dead paramedic isn't going to help an undead victim. Hence the reason Police go in and clear the scene before we enter. They must have had confidence very quickly the building was safe, what would lead them to believe that?

Someone has created a new account, but is using Missy's profile pic, background pic, and names to make it look exactly like her account. I've seen screen shots of the friend requests on a FB page. It's a private page but hopefully it's ok to mention this since it's relevant to the topic. Whoever is sending them is sending them to some people who have posted on that FB page. Shortly after she died, I mean within a couple of days at most, someone had created a YouTube account with her name on it and started posting videos to it, also.

Wow! I didn't realize someone had created a YouTube account too. So that definitely should rule out a random hacker creating a spoof FB page. When you factor in the creepy LinkedIn message MB received days prior to her death, these incidents must be related and suggest a motive that was deeply personal---like revenge or jealousy.

The longer this goes without an arrest, the more confident this person will be and the more bold their actions will become... and ultimately lead to their demise. I strongly believe that LE knows the identity of the subject and is working to uncover the one piece of evidence that will nail them to the wall. This person is not doing themselves any favors by continuing their digital trail.

So, keep it up buddy.

We are all over the map on the sex of this monster. LOL~ I am convinced it's a small weasel of a man with big mental and physical issues. Too many particulars involved that I don't believe a woman would engage in. A woman, IMO, would want a quick fixer upper and not a long drawn out costume prep, break in, vandalism, murder and escape. It's just my opinion at this point and subject to change in a moment.

JMO, I think it's a man too. If it is, don't you just know he is way past furious that he is being described as feminine. That's enough to cause some real pain! Talk about an ego buster!!

attachment.php
Excuse my drawing skills, my Altima looks like a creepy van, but this is for those of you questioning a wall. It is my understanding that this is where the Altima parked. I blacked out two automobiles so as not to cause confusion. Keep in mind, the receiving area would probably be empty at night, no other cars/trucks. There is a concrete barrier, not as visible when trucks parked there and it does slope somewhat, since it is a receiving area. Once again I apologize for my artistic abilities.
attachment.php

The Altima wasn't parked in the back in the surveillance footage the police released. There aren't any road stripes on the lot back there and that's what we see in front of the car in the pic.

I have searched and I can not find it. Did they not say that they had the scene cleared by 12:30 pm the day of the murder and the church was reopened. Not trying to spread missinfo, I swear I read that somewhere, because I thought to myself, "there is no way in hell they processed that entire crime scene in less than 8 hours" The perp meandered that entire building, I would think they would dust every square inch. We know the killer was first seen at 3:50 and we have video of them at 03:58 on the sw side of the building, that is 8 minutes right there of evidence.

I read a Q & A with a veteran homicide detective in which he was asked how long it normally takes to clear a crime scene. He said obviously it depends on the circumstances, but he gave a range of 8 to 20 hours, with the longest being 26 hours in his personal experience. He didn't say what the shortest had been.

Given that it was a larger building rather than a house, with the perp having traveled throughout the structure, 7 hours from 911 call to scene clearance seems very brief to me. I'm interested to know if they actually turned it back over to the church personnel at noon without restriction.

Just to give you hope, the Tricia Todd case was solved about a month after the murder. Killer fessed up after LE had gathered enough info. It's on WS.
I saw that. It is a terrible ending to a missing persons case but I'm glad her family can have some closure and know the killer is currently in jail. That being said, she went missing/was murdered A few days AFTER MB and her killer is behind bars...kinda frustrating for those hoping for justice for Missy but I realize every case is different and some will have an arrest sooner than others.

I wonder if there was any DNA evidence from the crime scene and if it has been tested at the lab and complete. If a DNA match is what LE is waiting for, it would be easy for them to surreptitiously get it from POI's............(the old garbage trick, for one).........unless they really have no POIs. Maybe just no usable DNA so all they can do is look for digital footprints. Frustrating. That was such a high-contact assault, that I am inclined to think that there MUST be DNA or fiber evidence, and that the scene was not fully inspected before the church was allowed to carry on with its functions. JMO

I read a Q & A with a veteran homicide detective in which he was asked how long it normally takes to clear a crime scene. He said obviously it depends on the circumstances, but he gave a range of 8 to 20 hours, with the longest being 26 hours in his personal experience. He didn't say what the shortest had been.

Given that it was a larger building rather than a house, with the perp having traveled throughout the structure, 7 hours from 911 call to scene clearance seems very brief to me. I'm interested to know if they actually turned it back over to the church personnel at noon without restriction.

So bringing in the dog would certainly lead me to believe they had good reason to search for gunshot residue two days later, I have to think after doing an initial investigation on the victim they found something to indicate a gun had been used. Of course this is just my opinion. Initially when looking at head wounds it could be very difficult to determine the weapon, due to the vessels lying just bellow the skin surface they tend to bleed more and obscure things a bit, I can completely see if she had multiple puncture wounds how a gunshot wound could be hiding in plain site and they would not see this until the medical examiner had an opportunity to look. I am aware they have not mentioned a gun anywhere ever, however as premeditated this was, I don't see the killer going without one, just in case. As well, this is one item of information they would most definitely not release to the public, for many reasons. Again, just thinking out loud and all opinion, not fact.

Just to add to this, I've wondered what agencies helped clear the scene? Does anyone know if the FBI and Rangers were brought in this early in the case? I had thought it wasn't until the next day/within 24 hours but not initial crime scene.

So the scene wasn't processed by 12 just the building cleared. Its a little confusing as in the medical world, the clearing of a building means it is safe for fire and rescue to go in, here it sounds like rescue aka paramedics were in the building before it was cleared. We have a saying in the field.. a dead paramedic isn't going to help an undead victim. Hence the reason Police go in and clear the scene before we enter. They must have had confidence very quickly the building was safe, what would lead them to believe that?

The scene WAS processed by 12. "Clearing the scene" means they had finishing photographing and collecting evidence.

The real question for me is, did they PRESERVE the scene afterward? Did they tape off the SW corner where MB was found? Did they tape off any other areas?

It blows my mind that there are still people who can look at that picture of the car and think it is parked behind the building. From the first time i looked at it, i felt like it was very obvious that it was at the end of the main entrance waiting to turn on the hwy. Can't we agree that this is where it was in fact parked. MOO

4/18/2016 start abt 1:25 mark Captain Spann.. this happened about 5 this morning just cleared the scene about 12 pm *https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNLtwTK2hq8&feature=youtu.be

ETA I know nothing about the church was reopened part. But from looking at the boarded up window and doors, they started working on repairs and had to have it cleaned up well before Wed, the fb post about the Wednesday prayer service was posted early Wed afternoon, not sure what time they had the dog there, but I will assume post was after the dog there. JMHO not know fact there

i remember in one of the early threads a local saying the church had Wed evening activities. I was very surprised, which is the only reason I remember it.

The scene WAS processed by 12. "Clearing the scene" means they had finishing photographing and collecting evidence.

The real question for me is, did they PRESERVE the scene afterward? Did they tape off the SW corner where MB was found? Did they tape off any other areas?

Exactly, and for me that would be a very short period of time for all the evidence to be collected, as I had remembered hearing, the body was moved as well as the killer tried to clean up.. I can not find where I read that? If that is the case, there is only one reason to try and clean up after a murder, because you are afraid you left evidence, it certainly would not be to make it less gruesome. So if the killer felt they left evidence of some sort then...... they probably did. Can anyone confirm the movement of the body? It was very early on that I remember it from.

Good morning!

Just wanted to mention there's a fake Twitter acct. out there too. Created 4/21.

Yeah, I hope if swatperp is a guy he's insecure about his lady swing, with his hips and hammer. Ha. He might end up being a fan favorite in prison once we catch him. Perp, they'll love the way you tip toe around and I'm sure there is a big scary burley gent who will give you protection and let you run your fingers along his cell walls...

JMO, I think it's a man too. If it is, don't you just know he is way past furious that he is being described as feminine. That's enough to cause some real pain! Talk about an ego buster!!

Well, well, well..............the bogus Missy friends requests story made the NBC TODAY show this morning. Now the whole world knows. If/when that person is caught they're going to be in a world of trouble even if they aren't the SP.

Good morning!

Just wanted to mention there's a fake Twitter acct. out there too. Created 4/21.
The YouTube tribute, fake FB, Twitter, etc....MOO but I thought these were all done by the self proclaimed "victims advocate guru"....he's just a little off his rocker but harmless, IMO. Are people thinking this is the killer posting this stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj