GUILTY FL - Tricia Todd, 30, Hobe Sound, 27 April 2016 #2

During the 8:00 pm update the sheriff mentioned he thinks he saw the top of a container at the site, so I suspect the parents and others may have been preparing themselves for this. Why else would one use a container but for the body being cut up?

Regarding motive, the $800, I heard somewhere at some point today (sorry I can't remember where) that they had a court date coming up. I'm assuming in regard to child support. I've seen men taken straight to jail from the courtroom when they're in arrears and haven't complied with previous court orders.

I see hard, hard times ahead for him in prison. I don't see him ever getting out alive.

Except that he will get out when he is 60-years-old. I don't like that aspect,

That's if his behavior results in his serving 85% of the sentence, provided the AG sticks with the current deal. When he's served his civil sentence, he'll be turned over to the military for sentencing under the UMCJ. For premeditated murder, the minimum sentence is life in prison. It does call for life in prison or death, but a US soldier hasn't been executed under the UMCJ since 1961. Between civilian and military justice, odds are he'll be in prison for the rest of his life.

I agree. I'm sure there weren't just shovels, acid, and containers lying around at a place he rented. It would be very interesting to know what he bought at Walmart the morning after he murdered her. I'm hoping a search of his phone and/or computer shows something that indicates premeditation and they can amend the charges.
What a truly disgusting and vile human that can do this not just to another human but one he grew up with and married and had a child with. My heart continues to ache for her family and friends. What a sociopathic monster he is.

Edited to say, this was a reply to Caveats post but I forgot to include her quote.

When did he get the container? And I still think his motive was the $800 a month he was angry about having to pay Tricia.

Because "she was always messing with him and trying to ruin his life". It wasn't just the $800.
His twisted mind believed this.

Reminds me of Laura Ackerman's murder (killed by ex and his new wife). I've been wondering if the container was a large cooler, and it finally just clicked which case made me think of it.

http://m.wcti12.com/news/couple-accused-of-murdering-lenoir-co-mom-attends-pretrial-hearing/21498702

I believe acid was also involved in this case but the article doesn't mention it.

[video=twitter;736018863322767360]https://twitter.com/wpbf_ari/status/736018863322767360[/video]

Someone said a jury need to indict on first degree. Not sure if that's fact or not I haven't looked up Florida law.

I'll be honest, I actually cannot believe he confessed and pointed out where she was.

I can't believe how fast it all went down, and that it turned out to be the old "husband did it" after all. Her journal sounded very troubled.

That's if his behavior results in his serving 85% of the sentence, provided the AG sticks with the current deal. When he's served his civil sentence, he'll be turned over to the military for sentencing under the UMCJ. For premeditated murder, the minimum sentence is life in prison. It does call for life in prison or death, but a US soldier hasn't been executed under the UMCJ since 1961. Between civilian and military justice, odds are he'll be in prison for the rest of his life.

Thank you for this information. It makes me feel a bit better that Justice will be served.

I can't wrap my head around the timing of this. Sheriff talked about a two hour window. He did all this in two hours?
It doesn't seem like they have the timeline 100% yet and this activity may up her time of death.

I can't believe how fast it all went down, and that it turned out to be the old "husband did it" after all. Her journal sounded very troubled.

I never thought her journal sounded trouble. But maybe the troubledness some picked up on was the torment this poor women lived with dealing with this man since she was in High School. He must have been a lot to deal with.

I always say whenever you hear about the crazy ex wife, it's because he drove her crazy. She didn't start out that way. hehe

I'll be honest, I actually cannot believe he confessed and pointed out where she was.

I feel the exact same way. Especially since the condition of her remains tells so much more of the real story versus his earlier "she fell/I hit her but just left her body on the ground somewhere" ...

The Sheriff even expressed doubt that they would have ever found her in this location. So why did SW (partially) confess? But not be fully upfront about multiple locations once his deal was reached?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone said a jury need to indict on first degree. Not sure if that's fact or not I haven't looked up Florida law.

Yes, Greater Than was correct earlier. In Florida a grand jury must be convened to indict someone on first degree murder charges.

The grand jury serves a very special function in Florida’s criminal courts. The only charge a State Attorney cannot file based on his or her constitutional authority is first degree murder. All first degree murder cases must be presented to a grand jury.
http://www.sa15.state.fl.us/stateattorney/ouroffice/divisions/indexHGJ.htm

I feel the exact same way. Especially since the condition of her remains tells so much more of the real story versus his earlier "she fell/I hit her but just left her body on the ground somewhere" ...

The Sheriff even expressed doubt that they would have ever found her in this location. So why did SW (partially) confess? But not be fully upfront about multiple locations once his deal was reached?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So that he still had control. He probably thought the acid would have decomposed the body by now.

I never thought her journal sounded trouble. But maybe the troubledness some picked up on was the torment this poor women lived with dealing with this man since she was in High School. He must have been a lot to deal with.

I always say whenever you hear about the crazy ex wife, it's because he drove her crazy. She didn't start out that way. hehe

Hmm, many of us were very much reminded of Teleka Patrick's social media. Check the early posts in the first thread. (Teleka Patrick was brilliant but mentally ill, and wandered off in winter and likely drowned.) It's easy NOW to say "oh, no wonder she was so troubled", but at the time I wasn't the only one drawing the comparison.

Anyway, I was just explaining my surprise at the tragic and gruesome turn of events. I've been around the block long enough to know it's usually the husband, but I don't let that stop me from considering other scenarios.

Tricia Todd death: Authorities find partial remains in container

Partial remains were found late Thursday night at the site where Martin County Sheriff’s Office investigators were searching for the body of missing Hobe Sound woman Tricia Todd, Sheriff William Snyder said.

[...]

The remains were found in a container placed in a hole about 3 feet deep, according to Snyder. The site is west of Hobe Sound, near the Martin and Palm Beach county line.

The remains have not been identified, Snyder said while addressing reporters shortly before 10:30 p.m.

A forensics team stopped its excavation effort and will resume again at first light Friday morning. A forensic anthropologist will be coming from the west coast of Florida to assist with the excavation effort, Snyder said.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/n...er-of-accused-killer-said-son-hated-ho/nrTcS/

So I am guessing the trip to the zoo (IIRC) was his last attempt at a "happy" memory with F before he was arrested, right? I mean come on, surely to goodness he had to know it was going to catch up to him, seldom do these kids of crimes, go completely unsolved. He left to many open ended clues. He didn't even realize he parked the car in the wrong driveway!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back