OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely agree having four myself. That is why it seems even more strange to me. I can barely predict the behavior of mine and most times I am wrong about what they will do. Predicting the behavior of at least 11 dogs at CR1 and FR would be impossible. Unless you were a family member who had either lived with or had daily contact with those dogs. Even then it would be nearly impossible. Tranquilizing that many dogs would not have been feasible and to do it before going intothe houses without alerting the victims would not be possible.

I've noticed though, that highly confident people don't have too much trouble w/dogs. I think this person exuded confidence and the dogs that lived in the house had actually seen this person(s) before and were somewhat familiar with them. We had a dog, that bit everyone that he felt needed biting. It got to the point that the county came out and told that if he bit again, he'd be registered as dangerous, and then if he bit again, we may have to euth him. He even bit people on their property! However, while we were gone, we got robbed twice. Broke in through a back window and came right in. That old dog lived to be about 15. He got run over, in dog fights w/neighbor dogs all of the time, fathered countless pups up and down the road, got shot, bit I don't know how many people, but let the robbers walk right into the house. (Note: This was in the much different era of my childhood. Pets were not allowed indoors at my parents home, they were not "fixed", and rabies was the only shot they ever got. When the dog got run over he went to ground under an old building where we left him. He nursed himself back to health and came out when he was ready. Vet trips were very, very rare. We did take him when he got shot.)

I've noticed though, that highly confident people don't have too much trouble w/dogs. I think this person exuded confidence and the dogs that lived in the house had actually seen this person(s) before and were somewhat familiar with them. We had a dog, that bit everyone that he felt needed biting. It got to the point that the county came out and told that if he bit again, he'd be registered as dangerous, and then if he bit again, we may have to euth him. He even bit people on their property! However, while we were gone, we got robbed twice. Broke in through a back window and came right in. That old dog lived to be about 15. He got run over, in dog fights w/neighbor dogs all of the time, fathered countless pups up and down the road, got shot, bit I don't know how many people, but let the robbers walk right into the house. (Note: This was in the much different era of my childhood. Pets were not allowed indoors at my parents home, they were not "fixed", and rabies was the only shot they ever got. When the dog got run over he went to ground under an old building where we left him. He nursed himself back to health and came out when he was ready. Vet trips were very, very rare. We did take him when he got shot.)

I would very much agree with this. If someone comes in skiddish, my dogs are more likely to be wanting to jump, pay them more attention, than if someone walks in and acts like they don't exist and doesn't seem skiddish to walk by them into the house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking at these photos, there are no windows on one end of the trailer and a silver colored tarp over that portion of the trailer. Could this have been where one of the grow ops was?

I noticed this to. I have lived in trailers most of my life and their pretty much set-up the same. If two or three bedrooms( single wide) there is a "master bedroom" on one end of the trailer. It is the largest bedroom in the floor plan and usual has one or two windows on the side of the room or on the back wall of the room. There isn't any windows at all on that end of the trailer in the pictures. The smaller bedrooms have a " hallway" in front of the bedrooms doors. Theirs usually a bathroom in between the master and the other bedrooms with some kind of laundry hook-up in the bathroom or just outside of it. Then there's a kitchen and living room on the other end of the trailer. ( sometimes one of the secondary bedrooms are on that end and the kitchen and living room are in the middle). It depends on the floor plan of the trailer. Also, most of the windows in a trailer are in the living room and usually there's a larger one on one side of the living room to let the sunlight in.
Hope this helps.

How do you know they are not BJM's words? The same story was wrote in all the papers I read. I realize there was only one reporter but like another poster said, if she didnt know for a fact B was there why not yell out for FR or HG? These may be some of the little clues that people are missing also. I am not totally convinced she had anything at all to do with it. But from the get go she was my number one suspect,, among others.

It's not a direct quote, it's open for interpretation, intended by the reporter or not.

Most Rotties I have been around are wanna be lap dogs. One would sit on my feet an look up waiting to get attention. One would sit beside me and put a paw on my foot to hold me till he got some attention. But I was told both those dogs have tried to bite people.

The standing on human's feet is a "thing" with them. If they like you, they become giant black stick-tights. lol

Have we truly completely ruled out anything?

There are plenty of theories I don't agree with and find holes in, but I'm not sure I can say with confidence that anything is 100% ruled out.

I was thinking in line of some expert saying "you couldn't get enough gas into an old trailer because of someting with pressure, m3 and leakage etc.". You know, there's always an expert ready to kill a (semi) good theory. ;) Otherwise it would be a good way to eliminate people and dogs. And it would explain the windows. Sort of. :moo:

But yet the child didnt hear 6 gunshots going off in the next room over? hmmmmm
I used to vacuum under my daughter's bed when she was young and she never woke up

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I was thinking in line of some expert saying "you couldn't get enough gas into an old trailer because of someting with pressure, m3 and leakage etc.". You know, there's always an expert ready to kill a (semi) good theory. ;) Otherwise it would be a good way to eliminate people and dogs. And it would explain the windows. Sort of. :moo:

I mean, I suppose they'd need gas masks themselves, but it's not any crazier than other theories we've tossed around lol.

The children were awake the babies were crying if a gas was used the babies would've still been out and groggy imo especially with the amount it would've taken

I mean, I suppose they'd need gas masks themselves, but it's not any crazier than other theories we've tossed around lol.

I've toyed around with the gas idea, or some other form of knockout *anything*, myself. But it must not have worked well at Chris Sr.'s place!

The children were awake the babies were crying if a gas was used the babies would've still been out and groggy imo especially with the amount it would've taken

Then again, good point.

I noticed this to. I have lived in trailers most of my life and their pretty much set-up the same. If two or three bedrooms( single wide) there is a "master bedroom" on one end of the trailer. It is the largest bedroom in the floor plan and usual has one or two windows on the side of the room or on the back wall of the room. There isn't any windows at all on that end of the trailer in the pictures. The smaller bedrooms have a " hallway" in front of the bedrooms doors. Theirs usually a bathroom in between the master and the other bedrooms with some kind of laundry hook-up in the bathroom or just outside of it. Then there's a kitchen and living room on the other end of the trailer. ( sometimes one of the secondary bedrooms are on that end and the kitchen and living room are in the middle). It depends on the floor plan of the trailer. Also, most of the windows in a trailer are in the living room and usually there's a larger one on one side of the living room to let the sunlight in.
Hope this helps.

IIRC, the article stated that BJM saw a drag trail that led back to CR1's bedroom. So, that may mean that the large bedroom was a grow room (that BJM never saw when cleaning the trailers but knew where a key was to just let herself in. And no, I don't think she killed anyone. j .s. though). B/c unless they murdered CR1 in his own b/r why drag him all the way back to the master b/r. Drag him to the first one and be done w/it. So, maybe they caught GR awake and in the front den when they broke in, killed him instantly, CR1 starts out of his bedroom, they kill him right there in front of his bedroom door, but it just takes more ammo, they drag CR1 back into his bedroom so that they can drag GR to the same room as CR1 in case someone happens to come to the door before they get their evidence picked up and get out of there.

If BJM pounded on the door it would have stardled sp B awake and he recognized her voice when she was calling for his father and let her in.

I don't believe *advertiser censored* fight, derby, car selling, money laundering, mj, revenge, had anything to do with this other then it was a cash flow enterprise with cash in house.

imo cr1 ( office /trailer ) was first hit as cr1 had all the info as to where it was. As soon as CR was confronted it was several body shots just to let it be known he was seriouse - GR here's the commotion and tries to leave by back window - he's caught and killed ( 3 head shots ) perp keeps questioning CR about where money is ( tells immediately ) realizing situation. Perp takes keys from senior ,
another scenario would be as mentioned by another commenter is that perp made Gr dispatch CR by a phone call - either way someone tries to escape out the window.

once the perp has the keys everyone else is easy - only one house was broken into as from what I understand.

once done he's on his way to kr - k is key as he was his information soarse as to the inner workings of the family and business.

a small caliber gun was used at first either with a silencer or not - inside a home it wouldn't be heard.

disposses of gun on the way to KR as not to be caught with murder weapon - uses a large caliber on kr one shot.
thats the shot hunter heard.

the dragging of bodies is to keep out of sight while he cleans up takes camera etc.....

again, in my opinion - one man one hour plus -

there was no way anyone was going live.....there is nobody left to say a word.

this guy is very good at what he does - if he knows he's going to kill everyone alive , do you think he's going to bring his bestys ? Because of coarse there not going to talk if caught , right ?

this guy knows for a fact he's not going to make a mistake - the more people involved the better chances of getting caught - more contamination, blood, weak conciounce ,talking, shoe prints, etc....

If you are capable of killing woman and children in there sleep you are most definetly a psychopath.... You don't have to be drewling from the mouth, you just have to have NO CONCIOUNCE.

this guy lives and works in the area - there's not 100 people in Ohio like him, more like 2 or 3 ........wouldn't you think you could make the connections.......

the pool is so much deeper when you add all the other distraction ( *advertiser censored* fighting , cars , etc )

who was kr hanging around with ? Did he go to auctions with somebody ? That's where I would be going.

im personally getting alittle aggravated at the lack of info - what's worst he could do .....run ? There Isent a place in the world he could go.......

i think he's laughing at le.....

I keep wanting to go to the financials of the Rhodens because I think any motive has to be there. Thinking about health insurance and vet bills helps me to maybe account for some of the money as well as him paying 30000.00 down on a house. Of course all this I am saying is speculation, but assuming that minimal care( feed, shots and vets) were taken 13 dogs (14-1 at KR's) would still be an expensive project. In other words just how much potential cash could have been on hand and was that amount worth killing 8 people to someone?

(BBM) What leads you to think that money was the motive for these murders?

I've pondered that at length myself, but some of the facts don't fit neatly, at least for a simple robbery. The part that gets me is that it seems like if your goal is to obtain cash that was sitting around the premise, there is almost guaranteed to be a much simpler way to do that than killing 8 people at 4 scenes. For something that sure looks like a planned crime, it seems like a planned robbery would go down differently: definitely fewer or no murder victims, probably fewer locations, different timing to avoid people being there, etc.

IMO if this crime has something to do with money, it was more likely to be in the longer-term sense (competition in some money-making enterprise) than a grab for short-term profit (what may/may not have been sitting around at the time).

Like you, I do keep coming back to the money though. For me it's mainly the DS interview. Either:
- DS was being truthful and there was some sort of $ (or fake $) on KR body. If this is the case, that would definitely be an interesting and IMO probably meaningful detail.
- The statement DS made to the Daily Mail was inaccurate for some reason: he was either making something up, or saw something that wasn't money on the body but he thought that it was. I think the former would be more likely than the latter because how would you really get that confused?! But wouldn't that be a helluva thing to make up, and guaranteed to draw attention from the investigators? That doesn't really make sense to me either.

I know that we KNOW there are drag marks in CRsr's trailer, but do we KNOW that those marks are from 2 bodies? Or could it have been from 1? We don't really know, right?

I don't have any medical training, obviously, so I don't know anything about the half life of the gases relevant or what side effects you could expect. Please share if you have knowledge of this. I mean, nothing else is happening. :)

In California and neither I, anyone in my family, nor my dear friend who does animal rescue have health insurance for our pets. They go to vet as needed. I wouldn't judge someone either way on insurance. Insurance, or lack of it, does not indicate the level of health care a person or an animal is actually receiving.
My Grandparents and my parents came from " the hills" of Kentucky. Their way of life was different from today, but they taught me their ways. I guess I would be considered " Old school". I remember watching grandma skin squirals (sp) kill a chicken, and filet fish. Blood guts everything, but it didn't bother me because it was just the way it was. ( I'm a city kid). It was part of everyday life. Dogs were for helping you hunt, keeping snakes and other critters away from your house and your animals outside. If one got sick you just shot it. She had her " inside dogs" (these were small dogs) for the purpose of company for her and grandpa. They were poor and you didn't waste money on the dogs. They had their purpose and that was that. Grandma and Grandpa were ( no- nonsense ) people, you know kinda black and white and nothing in-between. That's the simple life and the poor life. Family first, things you absolutely need, no frills. Hope this helps to explain some things about country people.

Sadly, many pets never see a Vet, even in homes where money is not a problem.

I'd guess dogs that spend their lives at the end of a chain are in the majority of those lacking regular care by a Vet. One of my pet peeves (no pun), dogs chained to a box. Can't give the animal any better existence than that, don't get one.

My exact sentiments. I have a nine year old rotttie that I got as a pup, and with immunizations and monthly Trifexis he should be named "million dollar man" instead of King (which he truly thinks he is) I would never have a pet that I couldn't afford. He got ahold of some sparerib bones last year (thanks to a neighbors niece) that he couldn't digest, but a few hundred dollars later, he is just fine. His health care costs more than mine in a years time but I have insurance. :D

My Grandparents and my parents came from " the hills" of Kentucky. Their way of life was different from today, but they taught me their ways. I guess I would be considered " Old school". I remember watching grandma skin squirals (sp) kill a chicken, and filet fish. Blood guts everything, but it didn't bother me because it was just the way it was. ( I'm a city kid). It was part of everyday life. Dogs were for helping you hunt, keeping snakes and other critters away from your house and your animals outside. If one got sick you just shot it. She had her " inside dogs" (these were small dogs) for the purpose of company for her and grandpa. They were poor and you didn't waste money on the dogs. They had their purpose and that was that. Grandma and Grandpa were ( no- nonsense ) people, you know kinda black and white and nothing in-between. That's the simple life and the poor life. Family first, things you absolutely need, no frills. Hope this helps to explain some things about country people.

Same here, and on one side, probably considered poor by others. They'd not really have considered themselves poor though as they had more than many others in the region, but, in today's standards they would be considered poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleanor D.