WA WA - Tyler Christensen, 16, Mukilteo, 19 April 2016

The located bag really concerns me. I read a lot of stories about bridge suicides where the person left personal belongings by the rails before jumping. I hope that wasnt the case here :(

The located bag really concerns me. I read a lot of stories about bridge suicides where the person left personal belongings by the rails before jumping. I hope that wasnt the case here :(

I actually had a dream 2 nights ago with Tyler in it and in the dream I saw him inside of a barrel (the kind they use to store and age wine) and the barrel was filled with water, and his face/neck was sticking out of the top. I know it was just a dream but it was strange. I've never dreamed about a missing person before.

Also this post was just made on the helpfindtyler fb page:
http://i.imgur.com/FeFTxoc.png

Where are you Tyler???

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I think about this daily. Isn't it most likely that he had some sort of friend helping him, friends aware of his desire to go over there, someone else involved, someone else who saw him, etc.? I just can't imagine that he simply did this ALL on his own? Unless that was his plan, I guess? Praying all the hikers over these warm weekends will find him or some clue about him. I hope things are being publicized over on the peninsula and the ferry docks etc.

I actually had a dream 2 nights ago with Tyler in it and in the dream I saw him inside of a barrel (the kind they use to store and age wine) and the barrel was filled with water, and his face/neck was sticking out of the top. I know it was just a dream but it was strange. I've never dreamed about a missing person before.

Also this post was just made on the helpfindtyler fb page:
http://i.imgur.com/FeFTxoc.png

It's a little unnerving when you first dream of a case - or at least it was for me. I dreamed of Stephanie Warner missing from Oregon, presumed murdered. It still moved me when I think about that dream.

I think about this daily. Isn't it most likely that he had some sort of friend helping him, friends aware of his desire to go over there, someone else involved, someone else who saw him, etc.? I just can't imagine that he simply did this ALL on his own? Unless that was his plan, I guess? Praying all the hikers over these warm weekends will find him or some clue about him. I hope things are being publicized over on the peninsula and the ferry docks etc.

I think of this case daily, too. I can't quite decide if I think he went it alone or met up with someone. I am leaning towards going it alone at first and then maybe he met someone or a group and hopefully is traveling with them. It would be too strange not to have any more sightings of him at all if he were just hitching alone. I hope that means he has found a group to hike and travel with and not that the sightings have stopped b/c he stopped.

I keep wishing we knew more about his interests. Anything Tyler could be interested in that's "out there" and that he decided to follow. Kind of how Deadheads would follow the Grateful Dead around. It's a long shot, I know... but shouldn't that be looked into after such a long time? I know his family values their privacy but a little bit more info might be of great help. It's like this case moves in slow-motion....

I wonder:

*why the family has not engaged the use of either a private investigator or private search dogs

*why the family isn't saying/doing more publicly

*why Mom & Dad have not been seen publicly (except for the one appearance by Dad)

"If it were my kid"... you would see my face and my kids face EVERYWHERE you looked...always!

I find this case, or how it seems to be being handled, very perplexing and unnerving!

I, too, think about the case everyday and wonder what happened to Tyler!

New post on the main FB page(s) for Tyler. However, nothing really new. They don't know anything new, at least not anything new they're sharing. Very sad! It's almost been 2 months!

I wonder:

*why the family has not engaged the use of either a private investigator or private search dogs

*why the family isn't saying/doing more publicly

*why Mom & Dad have not been seen publicly (except for the one appearance by Dad)

"If it were my kid"... you would see my face and my kids face EVERYWHERE you looked...always!

I find this case, or how it seems to be being handled, very perplexing and unnerving!

I, too, think about the case everyday and wonder what happened to Tyler!

We don't know that they haven't employed a private investigator. If they were to employ dogs, where would they search? I assume the SD already used dogs in their initial search. Other than using dogs near where the back pack was found, I am not sure how useful they would be. And again, we don't know that they did not already use dogs there, either.

I think it may be hard to get the word out and plaster things everywhere once LE deems a disappearance voluntary. For right or for wrong, people lose interest or feel that resources should be used elsewhere.

As for Mom and Dad, I tend to agree but I also know there are people who are so shy, so reserved, or so private that they literally *can't* do more or say more. Not everyone has the courage, poise, or capability to put themselves in the lime light.

The biggest concern I see at this point is that the sightings and evidence of Tyler seem to have stopped altogether. I don't see that as a good sign, sadly.

I'm so sad this is just over, no updates, nothing. The family saying he could be "anywhere" and there's no clues leading to anything. Wow.

I noticed today that there are now missing person fliers for Tyler on the Sound Transit buses in Seattle. Today was the first day I have seen them.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I was in an Oregon Walmart and they had a flier and they also have a flier in other Walmart's around the state.

There's a new post on help find Tyler FB page but sadly not an update. Thoughts and prayers to the family...The not knowing ...my heart goes out to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every holiday I pray he will call home. Please be safe, Tyler.

Three months tomorrow. You have not been forgotten, Tyler. Praying you are safe.

I think of Tyler's disappearance often. After going over everything I could find from the media/facebook/websleuths about this case, it seems like there's alot of stuff to read, and lots of different theories, but not much real useful info. So i've put all the info I believe is relevant into one giant post. We know some things about Tyler, but to me it starts to become obvious that everyone, including his parents and sisters, do not know the whole story to who Tyler really is. In this post i'll examine the things we know, the facts. But what I want to know is how what we do know can help us understand Tyler a little better, why he left, and maybe solve the mystery of where he might be. I want to acknowledge that Tyler's family has asked for privacy, and I'd like to honestly apologize to them for discussing my thoughts here in public, as I know it will be difficult to read. Please let me know your thoughts after reading my full post. thank you. -El

WHAT WE DO KNOW ABOUT TYLER

A few things we know about Tyler from the media:

Tyler is a hard-working boy who often does odd jobs for his neighbors. said his father, Andy Christensen.

He loves hiking and exploring and more recently has taken up riding motorcycles.

He is a middle child with four sisters, and refers to himself as "the rose among thorns".

He is home-schooled and also is known to build furniture and other creations of metal and wood.

He has no history of mental-health issues or running away.

He has strong ties to his family and church.

What we know about Tyler's disappearance

Tyler was supposed to be attending a Slavic Baptist church youth group when he left on his own. (not his family's church).

Tyler was initially feared kidnapped or hurt because none of his family/friends could imagine him running away because of his strong family and church ties.

Several days later, evidence emerged showing Tyler had left on his own volition and was seen on a surveillance camera jogging south (opposite direction of the youth group).

After 3 weeks with no new information, a man who saw the missing persons flier reported picking up Tyler hitchhiking on April 19th, the night he ran away, between Poulsbo and Silverdale, WA.

Tyler was upbeat, asking directions to Shelton, WA and said he was going hiking in the Olympic Mountains.

Tyler did not leave a note.

Tyler did not bring his phone.

Shortly after searches began in the Shelton area, Tyler's backpack was discovered and there was a search done in the area the backpack was found. Nothing was discovered.

Since then there has been no new information.

As far as the public knows, its a 100% complete and total unsolved mystery.

Trying to fit the pieces of the puzzle together

Based on what we know, we have to assume that Tyler planned his disappearance, as opposed to it being a spur of the moment kind of thing. He definitely took efforts so that nobody would be able to track his whereabouts.

So we have to admit that what we know about Tyler is very limited. We don't know much about his family dynamics or his home life other than they are a conservative, very religious Christian family, that Tyler is home-schooled, and is the middle child with 4 sisters. Tyler had no problems. At home, everything seemed fine.

Tyler's last communication with his family was with his sister Liz as he was leaving, to quote his sister Liz: "He just came and sat and talked with me for about half an hour -- just talked about normal things," Liz said, fighting back tears. "Right before he left he told me -- being the protective brother that he is -- he told me that he really likes my boyfriend, how it's been really neat to watch the two of us together."

He said was happy to be able to see his sister and her boyfriend together. I'm sure his family is re-thinking all the last conversations they had with Tyler, and what they might of missed etc. But I think this last conversation with his sister is important and one of the only clues Tyler may have left which could help unravel the mystery of his disappearance.

I'm trying to stay positive, holding out hope that Tyler will emerge, alive and well. I wouldn't even need to know why he left. I would be happy knowing he was home. I say i'm trying, because, to me the evidence seems to indicate that he left on his own accord, without leaving any note, without taking his phone, without telling anybody anything precisely because that was part of the plan to not leave any trail of breadcrumbs whatsoever, so that his family would never no what happened to him. Well, that seems a bit ridiculous. Why would he do that? He obviously is a nice kid. So why in the world would he willingly, purposefully, torture his family with the horrible worry of where he is, why he left, what they missed, what they could of done etc. Why do something so cruel to his loved ones?

It wasn't till almost a month later that someone saw the missing person flier and reported picking up Tyler hitchhiking on the night he disappeared. Now just think: if that person never saw the flier, he never would of known Tyler was missing and the police & his parents would still be thinking he's been kidnapped or something as was originally thought to be the case because of his ties to his family,church, friends etc. They would never of searched in Shelton. They never would of found the backpack, or if it was found it probably wouldn't of been linked to Tyler. So if Tyler's plan was to disappear completely and leave no trace whatsoever for his family to track him down, he was almost successful. Now 3 months have passed with no communication from Tyler, or any sign of him other than his backpack being found.

To me the evidence points in only one direction, and I really hope i'm wrong, but I think Tyler took his own life.

I have heard a few people raise suicide as a possibility but then discount it for different reasons. One of those reasons was that would be "out of character" for Tyler. Well we can already throw everything "they know about Tyler" out since its become clear that something BIG was going on with Tyler and apparently there was ZERO SIGN of anything being wrong. This to me can mean only one thing: he feared his family finding out what was bothering him. So what could make a 16 year old boy run away or commit suicide rather than be honest with his family? Well, I imagine all you need to do is ask someone what it was like to not fit in to what is acceptable within their family's conservative Christian religion and the struggles they have endured.

I believe Tyler ran away because he could not face telling his family:

a) he knew he was gay
or
b) something along similar lines

So, in reconstructing the whole scenario, this is what I believe happened:

1. In his very-christian home-schooled upbringing, Tyler learns that gay people are unacceptable or worse.

2. Tyler, age 16, realizes he is gay and is in mental anguish dealing with feelings of guilt/self doubt etc.

3. Tyler looks at his options being:

a) Tell parents and family that he is gay (daunting)
b) Run away to somewhere (Needs money, job, people helping him etc.)
c) Commit suicide before anyone finds out he's gay (avoiding all the consequences of being gay, but casting the shame of suicide on his family)
d) Disappear then Commit suicide in a way that nobody will ever know where you are, or if you are alive or dead.

4. Tyler then decides that options a,b,c have drawbacks, so he decides on d) drop off the map, disappear completely.

5. To carry out his plan he decides to go to someplace that has meaning (Shelton), walk into the forest and never come out.

6. Tyler jogs south from his home, takes the ferry to Kingston, hitchhikes to Shelton, where 2 months later his backpack is found containing the 2 used emergency blankets, sweatpants, and food.

7. After spending one night in the cold (used foil blankets) Tyler decides he doesn't need food, sweatpants, or his backpack and ditches them in a "dangerous area".

8. Tyler doesn't expect anyone to be able to follow this crazy trail and find where he went. That is clearly the point and he surely doesn't expect anyone to find the backpack or link it back to him.

9. His final decision: Tyler decides to follow through with his plan and ditches his last lifeline (his backpack) and begins hiking deep into the forest. His family talked about how he loves running and hiking, so I can imagine on a nice sunny day he could of hiked up to 10 miles (more or less, depending on terrain etc.) into the forest/mountains, which is much further than anyone looking for him in the area near the backpack would ever think to search. Then at the end he either jumped off a cliff or had some other way of ending his life. I would immediately have asked the parents if any pills or knives/razors were missing or if he had access to any weapons. He could have slit his wrists or hanged himself. Or maybe he didn't have a way to kill himself, but left the backpack specifically so he wouldn't have a way to survive for long even if he wanted to. I believe this happened most likely the day after he left, so April 20th. I saw that the family had continued to search in the area around the backpack, but if my theory is correct, they wouldn't find anything because he hiked so far into the forest that the searchers would assure themselves that "he couldn't have gone this far", but I believe he did.

I really hope i'm wrong and that Tyler surfaces alive and well. But from all my experiences and talking with other people, most runaways would never be able to pull off a complete 100% disappearance the way Tyler has. They run out of money, get lonely, get hurt, nowhere to stay, cold/hungry etc. and end up going home, or at least calling home. I can't imagine if Tyler is OK and reading all the plea's by his family to just contact them and tell them he is safe, that he would say "no, i'm gonna make them suffer" and not contact anyone.

But if he has committed suicide in the way I described, by not leaving a note it looks almost like his plan revolved around not wanting his family to know what happened to him. He could of left a note that said: "I'm going to meet Jesus." That probably would be a relief for his family at this point, since they have no clue whatsoever where he is, or if he's even still alive. It really must be like a kind of torture to his family. So why would Tyler not just leave a note? It really seems like he was upset and purposefully wanted to punish them. (but maybe i'm reading too much into it?) Let me be clear: i'm not blaming the parents. I feel horribly for his family. I can't imagine the feeling of just NOT KNOWING, that his family is going through. I wish he just would of reached out and asked someone for help before taking such drastic action.

There's a lot about this case we don't know: what his friends or people he trusted knew about his state of mind. Did he have relationships with people online that he talked to? So many questions, very few answers. I just hope that one way or another that Tyler is found.

Anyways, thanks for reading, I appreciate your thoughts. Think i'm wrong? why?

IF YOU ARE OUT THERE TYLER, PLEASE JUST TELL YOUR PARENTS YOUR ALIVE!!!!!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back