AL AL - Heaven Ross, 11, Northport, 19 Aug 2003

I saw this under LOCATED and I was sure I was seeing things...how very, very sad. Prayers for her family...at least they KNOW now. I hope someday there will be justice for little Heaven...such a pretty little girl. :(

Oh how sad.............sincere condolances for her family..................that sounds so trite, but I mean it.

How sad, but her family now has closure and can lay her to rest properly. Thoughts and prayers are with them at this time.

How very sad. This whole time she was only 6 miles from her home. I wonder if LE every searched that area. I hope there is still evidence that LE can use to bring this perp to justice. My prayers go out to her family.

How sad. Hopefully it is some comfort for the family that she was found.

Thoughts are with Heavens family. The only good thing is that she can now be rest and her family have somewhere to go ad see her. Now there can be a certain amount of closure, and Heaven`s family don`t have to worry about where she is cold at night or hungry. A big hug to them for their love and commitment to their baby girl.

I hope they find enough at the house where she was found that they can get the person responsible.

Several things bother me about Kevin Thompsons comments, that aren't consistent from his previous comments 3 years ago.

Also Kevin Thompson is from Fosters, Holt is about half way between Heavens home and Fosters.

All of this is in previous postings.

How was she found? What type of neighbor hood is this? Anyone have an address?

Sad. My thoughts go out to the family.

I was reading the newspaper article in the link posted by Kelly on the page before this thread. Says they have been trying to determine if Heavens case is also linked to the kidnapping/murder of Shannon Paulk, and the kidnapping of Teresa Dean, who hasn't been found yet.

Heaven, Teresa and Shannon were all 11 years old. Another thing I found curious was the dates that they each went missing....

Teresa - Disappeared on August 15th in 1999.
Shannon - Disappeared on August 16th in 2001.
Heaven - Disappeared on August 19th in 2003.

Maybe it's already been mentioned in this thread, but does anyone else see the dates of these girls going missing as something that is more than just coincedental? I think it's screaming out to us that the same perp is responsible. And why August? Also, there is a span of 2 years between each girl disappearing. So, if this creep had some bizarre "system" as to WHEN he kidnapped these girls, the next logical timeframe would be in August 2005.

So, my next question is: Was there any 11 year old girl who disappeared in the month of August (mid-month) in the year 2005???

johnny said:
I hope they find enough at the house where she was found that they can get the person responsible.

Several things bother me about Kevin Thompsons comments, that aren't consistent from his previous comments 3 years ago.

Also Kevin Thompson is from Fosters, Holt is about half way between Heavens home and Fosters.

All of this is in previous postings.

How was she found? What type of neighbor hood is this? Anyone have an address?
when you look at the dates that julianne posted it does seem as if there is one person involved in all these disappearences, makes me wonder if this kevin thompson could be the one, maybe the disappearences stopped after heaven went missing cause the police had been questioning him about heaven so he decides to stop because he might have began to think that the police might be watching him? anyway it does seem odd that the time frames are all in august and the dates are very close together. I wonder if kevin had reasons to travel back and forth in areas near where heaven was found and areas where the other kids went missing. I think shannon paulks abductor was not a black man, but someone with a dark sun tan. not sure about the other childs abductor. hopefully police will search the area where heaven was found to see if there could be any other items that might help tell who this could have been, it might appear to me that heaven was taken there as soon as she was taken and raped and murdered there, who ever took her there knew that the house was there and that it would be a remote enough area to commit a crime, he must have known that that area didn't have many people stopping and lurking around that old house, after all these years she is just now being located, so the area she is found makes me think that it is a spot that people don't go or bother much or otherwise she would have been found much sooner.

Prayers for the the family. Horrible time of year to have hope she might be found alive ripped from your grasp.

As for speculation on a connection between Heaven Ross and Tabitha Tudors, my first thought was, how close Northport, AL is to Tuscaloosa and University of Alabama, and Nashville also has several colleges and universities (though the area where Tabitha lived is about as far as you can get from them and still be in Nashville).

And as for connections to other little girls who dissappeared in mid-August, might LE look into a person with acedemic connections that might have been involved with instatutions in all the places Even a textbook sales person or something, given Aug is when school is about to start.

Just a random thought for somone more familiar with the cases to possibly factor in - I admit, I'm not up on all these cases.

julianne said:

I was reading the newspaper article in the link posted by Kelly on the page before this thread. Says they have been trying to determine if Heavens case is also linked to the kidnapping/murder of Shannon Paulk, and the kidnapping of Teresa Dean, who hasn't been found yet.

Heaven, Teresa and Shannon were all 11 years old. Another thing I found curious was the dates that they each went missing....

Maybe it's already been mentioned in this thread, but does anyone else see the dates of these girls going missing as something that is more than just coincedental? I think it's screaming out to us that the same perp is responsible. And why August? Also, there is a span of 2 years between each girl disappearing. So, if this creep had some bizarre "system" as to WHEN he kidnapped these girls, the next logical timeframe would be in August 2005.

So, my next question is: Was there any 11 year old girl who disappeared in the month of August (mid-month) in the year 2005???

I don't know, Julianne. I thought about all this, too. I am from an area in between where Shannon lived in Prattville, AL and where Teresa lived near Macon, GA. I have been racking my brain and I can't think of anyone who went missing in August 2005 from this area. Here's an article about it from AMW:

http://www.amw.com/missing_children/brief.cfm?id=40316

I haven't read this first, maybe some answers are in here.

Prayers for the family, my heart just breaks. I just sent out Heaven's labels last week to all of our drivers, my heart just breaks.

julianne said:

Hiya Julianne, great question and great observations, authorities are thinking as you are:

Authorities in August said they were investigating the possibility that Shae's disappearance was linked to the disappearance of two other girls, one in Alabama and one in Georgia.

Shannon Nicole Paulk, 11, was snatched from her Candlestick Park neighborhood in Prattville on Aug. 16, 2001. Investigators on a task force formed shortly after Shannon disappeared said in August they believed her case was linked to those of Shae and Teresa Melissa Dean of Twiggs County, Ga. They said there was no direct evidence tying together the three disappearances. But all three girls were 11 years old. All three were abducted from trailer parks where they lived. All three disappeared two years apart - but within days of each other in August.

NCMEC lists for all female children who went missing in 8/05

NCMC1021769c1t.jpg
BASYL TESSEMA ADRIAN-PETTY Missing Since: 8/25/05 Age Now: 15 Missing from:BLACK RIVER FALLS, WI View Poster

NCMC1030973c1t.jpg
LATEAFA CALVIN Missing Since: 8/14/05 Age Now: 16 Missing from:CHICAGO, IL View Poster

NCMC1032384c1t.jpg
JOCELYN GRACE FABER Missing Since: 8/20/05 Age Now: 2 Missing from: ALLENTON, WI View Poster

NCMC1025455c1t.jpg
AMERICA GABRIELLA GARCIA Missing Since: 8/10/05 Age Now: 17 Missing from:NAPLES, FL View Poster

NCMC1035933c1t.jpg
MARICELIA GARCIA Missing Since: 8/7/05 Age Now: 16 Missing from:ATLANTA, GA View Poster

USMD05p011465c1t.jpg
TAMEKA HUNT Missing Since: 8/10/05 Age Now: 17 Missing from:
LAUREL, MD View Poster

NCMC1032863c1t.jpg
GERTRUDE V. JEAN Missing Since: 8/2/05 Age Now: 18 Missing from:WEST PALM BEACH, FL View Poster

NCMC1023265c1t.jpg
ELIZABETH J. JOHNSON Missing Since: 8/29/05 Age Now: 17 Missing from:CHICAGO, IL View Poster

USMDR05045483c1t.jpg
MARIA YOLANDA MENDEZ Missing Since: 8/23/05 Age Now: 14 Missing from:ROCKVILLE, MD View Poster

NCMC1027072c1t.jpg
ROBYN TANYA LYNN PENEGOR Missing Since: 8/31/05 Age Now: 16 Missing from:pINEVILLE, KY View Poster

http://javascript<b></b>:MM_openBrW...lbar=no,location=yes,menubar=yes,status=yes')

I found this in the Tuscaloosa Times Paper

Posted 20 December 2006 08:38 AM Hide Post

quote:
Originally posted by Buckeye:
I saw the news last night and the interview with the Paternal Grandmother said tons. Did anyone else pick up on her comments about how she should have done something and might have saved her granddaughter? That wasn't the exact wording but the impression she gave was that if she had interceeded and tried to get custody of Shae things could have been different. She was not only a Grandmother in pain at the loss of her Granddaughter but she also seems to have regrets that she didn't interceed before this tragety.

Wow, I thought it was just me.

"...that is if it's ok with Steve!"

Posts: 163 | Location: 3rd star to the left, straight on till morning! | Registered: 26 November 2006

I know at one time they were looking at Joseph P. Smith, the guy who abducted and killed Carlie Brucia in Tampa, FL in 2004, for the murder of Shannon Paulk. I assume he was ruled out, but I never heard otherwise. He would have been in the correct geographical region to fit in with Heaven, Shannon & Teresa, the same basic time span (although I think Carlie was killed in Feb. 2004), and Carlie was also 11 years old. However, she was abducted from a car wash parking lot as she walked home from a friend's, not a trailer park, but still...anyone know if he is still a suspect in Shannon's murder?

Picture of RipsGracie

Posted 20 December 2006 08:49 AM Hide Post

quote:
Originally posted by nenegoose2005:
Well I have a personal friend that lives in Vestavia Hills that went and bought food, drinks, and other items and personally took them to Shae's mom and her other daughter Jamie and my friend expressed her sadness and asked Shae's mom, "If there's anything that I can do, please let me know" and Shae's mom said "Um yeah, how 'bout going and picking me up a carton of Newport 100's" and the other daughter said "yeah, and a jar of pickles too". My friend said that she couldn't believe her ears. True Story!!

I would have told the mom to get up off her butt, get a job, and purchase the cigarettes herself! She may have a job, but sheesh, to expect someone to purchase something that is detrimental to her health is just not right/proper! I just hope this event now doesn't bring in more proceeds for the mom to think she should have control over the funds.

The more I read and hear things going on, the madder I get.

The shortest distance between a problem and solution is the distance between your knees and the floor

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061220/NEWS/612200331/1007

y Stephanie Taylor
Staff Writer
December 20. 2006 3:30AM

(advertisement)
Members of the Tuscaloosa County Sheriff’s Office investigate an abandoned house where remains thought to be those of Heaven LaShae Ross were found Monday. The house is near the Holt community in Tuscaloosa County.
Staff photo | Dan Lopez
# Click here to buy a picture.

TUSCALOOSA | A grim discovery Monday afternoon provided some answers to the three-year-old mystery of what happened to Heaven LaShae Ross.

But the discovery has also raised more questions.

Police found human remains in the crawl space under an abandoned house on a rural dirt road in Holt on Monday afternoon.

The girl, known as Shae, was last seen walking to her bus stop on a rainy Tuesday morning in August 2003, just yards from her home in Willowbrook Trailer Park in Northport.

The news left her family and the community, who had been praying for her safe return, heartbroken.

“This has given us some kind of closure from not knowing anything," said Shae’s grandmother, Carol Rowell. “The only question we have now is why? Why would someone do this to her?"

Shae’s mother, Beth Lowery, and stepfather, Kevin Thompson, weren’t ready to talk publicly Tuesday afternoon.

The family said Tuscaloosa County Sheriff Ted Sexton and two deputies visited their home at midnight Tuesday to let them know they had found skeletal remains that were possibly that of the missing girl. Rowell said that they had found a backpack with Shae’s name written inside.

Sexton released few details about the case and the crime scene Tuesday.

“It’s extremely important that we protect the crime scene," he said. “At a crime scene that old, possibly up to three years old, we have to do anything we can to preserve everything that is there."

Sexton said only that someone called investigators after finding skeletal remains in the house, but he gave no details. Family members said a man walking his dog found the bones after the dog ran into the house.

Sheriff’s deputies closed off Creek Road Tuesday while homicide and forensic investigators combed through the house. Creek Road backs up to Hurricane Creek and is located off 44th Court in Holt. Before moving to Northport, Shae’s family lived in Holt.

Members of the public provided police with possible leads in the case Tuesday, a family friend said.

Donald Pearson has lived near the site for 33 years and said the tree-lined dirt and gravel road has long been a magnet for questionable activity.

He said people go there to use drugs, and prostitutes occasionally visit the isolated road.

“It’s gotten worse in the last 10 or 15 years," he said. “There is all kinds of stuff going on down there."

He said he recently walked down the road and looked inside the abandoned house. The porch had collapsed and the floors had fallen in, he said.

Carl Ledlow, 24, said he sometimes does target practice on the road. He works at C&C Marine in Holt and drove down the road to see why the police were there Tuesday.

“I was just in there. Half the floors were rotted out," he said.

Ledlow lived in Willowbrook Trailer Park earlier this year and said he had heard about Shae’s disappearance.

“I’m surprised that they found her in there," he said. “It’s terrible."

Friends and family members crowded the family’s mobile home in Willowbrook Trailer Park, offering comfort as Lowery shed tears and waited for updates from investigators.

A pile of wrapped Christmas presents by the door included gifts for Shae, who would have turned 14 in June. Lowery has purchased gifts for her missing daughter every Christmas and birthday since she disappeared three years ago.

A joint operation center was established at the Sheriff’s Office patrol division at the Tuscaloosa Municipal Airport. Members of the task force who were assigned to look for Shae in 2003 have regrouped to continue the investigation.

Investigators with the Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences are examining the remains. The family will not be able to plan a memorial service until they are released.

Shae’s disappearance baffled police and community members, who organized search teams and made donations to the family. Rewards for information climbed to $70,000. Volunteers posted fliers of the smiling redhead on storefronts and windows across the county.

The case was featured on NBC’s “Dateline" and Fox’s “America’s Most Wanted." Producers for the Fox television program called Tuesday and may broadcast an update on the case soon.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back