AL AL - Heaven Ross, 11, Northport, 19 Aug 2003

"Before moving to Northport, Shae’s family lived in Holt."

This statement bothers me for some reason. The killer had to be someone local who knew how to get the abandoned house.

Does anyone know why her sister left for the bus stop without Shae that morning?

Does anyone suspect the mother's boyfriend who says that he asked Heaven if she wanted a ride to school because it was raining and thundering outside. He went on to explain that he knew that she was frightened of thunderstorms. He said that when he heard a loud clap of thunder, he left the home to look for her but couldn't find her.

My biggest question is why would she refuse a ride to school, especially if she feared thunderstorms?? It would seem to me that if the boyfriend were a nice guy, she would have gladly taken him up on his supposed offer.

Yep, call me suspicious. I say to start with the inner circle and work your way out.

I watched the parents on a show once. American Justice maybe. I don't remember. Anyways, he seemed genuine and at no point did he seem to have any involvement. But people can be deceiving.

2sisters said:
I watched the parents on a show once. American Justice maybe. I don't remember. Anyways, he seemed genuine and at no point did he seem to have any involvement. But people can be deceiving.

isn't this the case where the little girls bedroom mysteriously caught on fire shortly after her disappearance? I think the family is hiding something and that the grandmother knows that something bad probably happened in that home. I wonder if thompson works construction or knew the area.If she was found with her backpack, she probably didn't live past that morning. She would have had her backpack with her while walking to school, if she ever walked to the bus stop in the first place.
There was another case where the last person to see a small girl was the step dad, the girl had supposedly vanished while going to the bus stop. they launched a massive search and for years everyone looked for her. When they found her body it was very close to home (next yard over) and forensics proved the step father had killed and assaulted her. The mom was still with the step dad and it was devistating to her that she had lived with the person responsible for so long.
This is just my opinion, but if this is the case where the bedroom burned, I think home is where they need to start.

Carl Ledlow, 24, said he sometimes does target practice on the road. He works at C&C Marine in Holt and drove down the road to see why the police were there Tuesday.

“I was just in there. Half the floors were rotted out," he said.

Ledlow lived in Willowbrook Trailer Park earlier this year and said he had heard about Shae’s disappearance.

the above is a snip from a post johnny provided from the news article, I wonder if this man " carl ledlow " might have known shae? if he lived there he would have at least knew of her. it is interesting that he lives right there near the old house, maybe he could be a person of interest? the boyfriend, kevin, would probably know of this location too. someone in that trailer park has to know something, including kevin. someone had said that he left that morning to go look for her because she hated thunderstorms. why would he say he had to go look for her if the bus stop was only a 100 yds away? wasn't the other sibblings at the bus stop? the trailer park has two entrances, so if someone that lives there or is familiar with the place, then that would be the exit they took. if ledlow lived there earlier this year, maybe he knows someone there and has been in and out of there often enough to be a friendly face of sorts. but the fact that kevin went out that morning to look for her and she just happens to disappear I would take a long hard look at this man. maybe he did appear geniune, but so has a lot of other sexual preditors in the past. many are ordinary folks like you and me, many are teachers,and so on.

kcksum said:
isn't this the case where the little girls bedroom mysteriously caught on fire shortly after her disappearance? I think the family is hiding something and that the grandmother knows that something bad probably happened in that home. I wonder if thompson works construction or knew the area.If she was found with her backpack, she probably didn't live past that morning. She would have had her backpack with her while walking to school, if she ever walked to the bus stop in the first place.
There was another case where the last person to see a small girl was the step dad, the girl had supposedly vanished while going to the bus stop. they launched a massive search and for years everyone looked for her. When they found her body it was very close to home (next yard over) and forensics proved the step father had killed and assaulted her. The mom was still with the step dad and it was devistating to her that she had lived with the person responsible for so long.
This is just my opinion, but if this is the case where the bedroom burned, I think home is where they need to start.
I am not sure. If I recall, the mother and boyfriend or common law husband, whatever were an interracial couple. I could be thinking of a different case though b/c a couple different cases were on the show. It was Heaven and the 2 other girls who they think may be linked to her. The 2 others also were 11 and dissappeared from a trailer park.

Has there been any explaination as to why this house waas not searched all those years ago? especially since initially they mention ed she could have run away? Also if the location sounds as close as it appears to the home where she disappeared from ..?

opme said:
Has there been any explaination as to why this house waas not searched all those years ago? especially since initially they mention ed she could have run away? Also if the location sounds as close as it appears to the home where she disappeared from ..?
I am wtg for the cause of death.....what if, the possibility is there, she did run away, and was hiding and some how couldn't manage to get out of the crawl space?

After Shae disappeared, her bedroom was intentionally set on fire, according to LE. It was then repainted and recarpeted. Very suspicious indeed.

Both Shae's mom and the mom's boyfriend/stepfather/whatever-he-is were also arrested for domestic violence and drunk driving after the disappearance.

I strongly suspect the boyfriend/stepfather/whatever-he-is. The comments about Shae's adolescence were odd, to say the least.

I certainly hope they find the right person, whomever that may be.

Dalilah said:
After Shae disappeared, her bedroom was intentionally set on fire, according to LE. It was then repainted and recarpeted. Very suspicious indeed.

Both Shae's mom and the mom's boyfriend/stepfather/whatever-he-is were also arrested for domestic violence and drunk driving after the disappearance.

I strongly suspect the boyfriend/stepfather/whatever-he-is. The comments about Shae's adolescence were odd, to say the least.

I'm with ya on this one...I also read that HE was taking her out and teaching her to drive at 10 and 11 years old???? odd don't ya think???

Dalilah said:

what were the comments? thx

richandfamous said:
I'm with ya on this one...I also read that HE was taking her out and teaching her to drive at 10 and 11 years old???? odd don't ya think???
Okay, now I am even more suspicious. Yeah, he was probably driving her somewhere to molest her. They need to talk to the older sister to see if they can find out what was going on in that household.

heres another twist that was brought to my attention, the name might escape a few of you all, but john michal karr used to live 40 miles from shaes home, but I am not sure when he moved. he is the man that said he had something to do with the ramsey girl from bolder colorado. maybe alabama law enforcement should question him anyway? from some other post I read, shae didn't run away, if she had, she would have been spotted before she made the 7.7 mile journey to that location. jmo. I believe strongly that either the boyfriend or someone close to the area took her there or somewhere else and used that location to dump her body, but thinking of what this place is, and as remote as it sounds, I believe that is the place she was taken to and probably raped and murdered, then stashed in the crawl space, her back pack might very well have someone elses finger prints on it, hopefully le are checking that bag to see if that is so. with this karr man living not to far away at one time maybe he was thinking of shae when he made comments about the ramsey child? what a twisted world we live in......

links for john karr are below

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamilton%2C_Alabama
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Mark_Karr#Background

richandfamous said:
Not in a small town in Alabama, no. Right or wrong, it's pretty much a cultural norm down there. I'm from a small town in AL, and I was about that age when my Dad taught me, and we're otherwise normal, law-abiding people. Most kids down there learn to drive well before the age of 15.

dannyodie said:
heres another twist that was brought to my attention, the name might escape a few of you all, but john michal karr used to live 40 miles from shaes home,
Dannyodie, Where was it in AL he lived that was 40 miles from Shae's home? I'd say it's more like 90 miles from Hamilton, AL to Northport, AL even when you don't consider the horrendous backroads you'd have to take to drive it the shortest way.

Now, John Mark Karr did live other places in AL that aren't mentioned in the article you link to. He actually went to college at, and even was a student teacher (kind of a teachers aid, but part of the college's teacher-training cirriculum) at, University of North AL in Florence, a couple of years after Jon Benet's murder. He was about to be confronted by school officials about being inappropriately close to female students, and quit the teaching program rather than face the confrontation. The school run by the college, by the way, is k-6th grade - I attended it myself, though long long before the time frame in question. Here's a link to the local paper's article about it http://www.timesdaily.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060817/NEWS/608170324&SearchID=73266570066168

SchnauzerMom said:
Not in a small town in Alabama, no. Right or wrong, it's pretty much a cultural norm down there. I'm from a small town in AL, and I was about that age when my Dad taught me, and we're otherwise normal, law-abiding people. Most kids down there learn to drive well before the age of 15.
I'd like to know if he also taught the 13-year-old daughter how to drive. If not, why not? Why didn't he take them both together?

nanandjim said:
I'd like to know if he also taught the 13-year-old daughter how to drive. If not, why not? Why didn't he take them both together?
good question...I wondered that too!

I have been searching to see if there have been any other unsolved abductions and murders of 11 year old girls in August.So far I have found 1.I don't know if there could be any connection but just trying to see if I can find anything.This one happened in Texas.

HEIDI SEEMAN
Case 90/400893, August 4, 1990
On Saturday, August 4, 1990, after spending the night with a friend, 11-year-old Heidi Seeman was walking home when she was abducted. Her friend, who had walked her halfway home, last saw Heidi at Stahl Rd. and Willow Run, on San Antonio's Northeast side.
A witness in this case described a shiny red car, with tinted windows and a thin red stripe down the side, seen driving in the neighborhood in a suspicious manner, just prior to Heidi Seeman being abducted.
On Saturday, August 25, 1990, the decomposed remains of Heidi Seeman were discovered in an isolated property off County Road 220 in Hays County, Texas. An autopsy performed on the complainant led Medical Examiner Dr. DiMiao to rule the cause of death a homicide.
Over the years several leads have been investigated and suspects developed, but not enough evidence has been found for police to file a case against anyone.
Police are asking for your help in finding the person or persons responsible for this senseless murder of a young girl.

http://www.sanantonio.gov/sapd/ColdCases.asp?res=1024&ver=true#90Arechiga

When the search "command Center was set up it was in Tuscaloosa just across the river on Campus drive just a couple of miles from where she has been found, was this area searched?

Kevin Thompson has always been a "person of interest"

He used to check her out of school to just ride around (his words) He told her mother she needed to shave her legs. His family lives in Fosters and Holt is between northport and Fosters. He has prior drug convictions. He didn't (actually he did) mention
the weight of the backpack until yesterday when the backpack was found in the crawl space, how would he know it was heavy ( sounds like he's trying to act like the good guy in hindsight)

Someone asked did the sister see her that morning? How did she not get seen walking 50 yds from her trailer to the entrance where the bus stop is?

All of this is in the previous postings.

Come on guys SLEUTH AWAY!!!!

Something that has always bothered me....

Who gave the description of what she was wearing?

I know process of elimination of clothes maybe...

The mother admitting to not seeing her, the sister didn't either, can you tell me what clothes your son or daughter wore yesterday (doesn't count if you dressed them)

He probably bought her these clothes.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500