NJ NJ - Perth Amboy, Wht/HispFem 18-25, UP1522, rose-colored dress, rope belt, necklace, Apr'79

Was just coming here to suggest Jennifer as she's a new addition to Charley Project. The dress matches, Jennifer was last seen wearing a rust colored dress. However it sounds like this Jane Doe was found fairly recent and Jennifer was last seen in April 1978, over a year prior. That probably makes it unlikely that she is this UID in my opinion, unless the date entered is incorrect.

Here is the UID's doe page, didn't see it posted here yet - http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/152ufnj.html

And her Namus: https://identifyus.org/en/cases/1522

I think Pinkie met her demise in TX. In any event she does not have dentals on file so she can't be matched to this UID even if it were her.

That might make things difficult but it's not a good reason not to follow through. (Wow, that's convoluted...). Sometimes when the case file says not available, it means it's not uploaded or not digitized. For instance, fingerprint cards that haven't been coded. Yes, it's supposed to say available elsewhere when that happens, but it doesn't always.

Beyond that, sometimes a submission that looks promising is enough to spur LE to track down other information, request an exhumation for DNA, etc.

Her dental problems sound moderately painful. Would that be something she'd complain about when she were alive?

I didn’t know what the hold up was on this one. I figured it would be a straight-forward dental chart comparison. From past dealings, Donna Fontana is pretty good about updating exclusions but there had been no change to this UID’s Namus profile since I submitted the name of Brenda Crowley.

I decided to make a phone call on this one, to the Middlesex County Medical Examiner's Officer which is listed in the Namus profile as the UID as the investigating agency.

I called the number and after being transferred a couple of times, I spoke with a woman who asked if I had seen it at Namus, and I said yes, and she offered to get me Donna Fontana’s number as she is the contact person. I told her I had it and thanked her for letting me know.

At some point I will follow up with Ms. Fontana. I know these people are busy so I try not to make myself a pest by hounding them on a file that might not be their top priority.

Just my two cents..

Before I had maxillofacial surgery in my early 20s, I had a 10mm overject. It's a significant overbite and would be quite noticeable in pics. I'm not really getting that from the sketch of the UID.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/1522

The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:

First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Barbara Aleksivich 1949 New York
Helen Allison 1956 Virginia
Rosemary Calandriello 1952 New Jersey
Lorraine Herbster 1962 New Jersey
Tracy King 1960 Pennsylvania
Rhonda Labbe 1956 Massachusetts
Barbara Monaco 1960 Virginia
Audrey Nerenberg 1958 New York
Karen O'Donoghue 1944 Massachusetts
Simone Ridinger 1960 Massachusetts
Lynne Schulze 1953 Vermont
Denise Sheehy 1954 New York
Deborah Spickler 1955 Connecticut
Joanne Williams 1956 Pennsylvania

She has dentals. DNA: insufficient for profiling.

I just came here to add I think there is a high possibility this Jane Doe was Italian. That necklace was not a good luck necklace. It is the horn italians wear to ward off the mollochio. She was likely Italian catholic or gifted that item by an Italian catholic. I read another comment saying the chain was silver, but I am not sure if that is confirmed. Usually these necklaces are gold.

Unidentified Person Case

The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:

First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Barbara Aleksivich 1949 New York
Helen Allison 1956 Virginia
Rosemary Calandriello 1952 New Jersey
Lorraine Herbster 1962 New Jersey
Tracy King 1960 Pennsylvania
Rhonda Labbe 1956 Massachusetts
Barbara Monaco 1960 Virginia
Audrey Nerenberg 1958 New York
Karen O'Donoghue 1944 Massachusetts
Simone Ridinger 1960 Massachusetts
Lynne Schulze 1953 Vermont
Denise Sheehy 1954 New York
Deborah Spickler 1955 Connecticut
Joanne Williams 1956 Pennsylvania

She has dentals. DNA: insufficient for profiling.

Updated link: Unidentified Person Case

No new ruleouts.

I just came here to add I think there is a high possibility this Jane Doe was Italian. That necklace was not a good luck necklace. It is the horn italians wear to ward off the mollochio. She was likely Italian catholic or gifted that item by an Italian catholic. I read another comment saying the chain was silver, but I am not sure if that is confirmed. Usually these necklaces are gold.

I agree. It is sometimes known as a cornicello. Her appearance is also suggestive of someone with an Italian background, and there would be many people of Italian descent in NY/NJ.

Has anyone looked into Jennifer Ann Prince? She disappeared from Brick, NJ in fall of 1978 and was believed to be in NY or a run away. The husband petitioned for a divorce soon after and the mother was the one to report her missing in November but according to a new article she was reported missing after not being seen for about four weeks. Pushing her disappearance to late October 1978. She was last seen wearing a rust collored (also described as maroon) dress. Is there any way to tell if the husband was a gun owner? Description matches this Jane Doe for height weight region and outfit.

More information on the IUD here:
New Jersey State Police - Unidentified Persons / Bodies - Essex County

Race: White or Hispanic (only white mentioned in NamUs)

The victim was wearing a silver necklace with a striped horn charm (possibly ceramic).

I was totally going to point that out also. Her being Italian. I knew many Italians growing up and they all wore that horn.

I post a photo and info on the horn

A silver cornicello charm.
A cornicello, cornetto, (Italian for "little horn" or "hornlet") or corno, (Italian for “horn”) is an Italian amulet or talisman worn to protect against the evil eye (or malocchio) and bad luck in general, and, historically, to promote fertilityand virility. In Neapolitan, it is called curnicielloor variants thereof. The amulet is also sometimes referred to as the Italian horn.

Cornicello - Wikipedia

Updated link: Unidentified Person Case

No new ruleouts.

Thumbnail

UNIDENTIFIED
Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP1522Female, White / Caucasian
Date Found April 10, 1979
Location Found Perth Amboy, New Jersey

Case Information

Case Numbers
NCMEC Number--
ME/C Case Number111-79S
Demographics
SexFemale
Race / EthnicityWhite / Caucasian
Estimated Age Range (Years)18-25
Estimated Year of Death1979
Height5' 5"(65 inches) , Measured
Weight

Circumstances of Recovery body was found in wooded area off New Jersey Turnpike near Perth Amboy, NJ.

Physical Description
Hair ColorBrown
Head Hair DescriptionWavy brown hair of fairly fine texture.

Eye DescriptionProbably brown.

Finger and toe nails
Fingernails and toe nails are painted red.
Chewing gum in mouth.

Clothing
Rose colored dress with a brown cord belt. Pantyhose. Pink bikini panties. No bra.

Footwear
Dark brown strap shoes.

Jewelry
Silver chain with black and white striped curved, "Good Luck" charm (horn).

Photo of the horn on the necklace

Attachments

• IMG_2852.JPG
    IMG_2852.JPG
    126 KB · Views: 4
NJ_Jane%20Doe3.png

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE #1522, 18-25 est., Namus Case # UP1522
1979 April 10 New Jersey Turnpike near Perth Amboy, Middlesex County, NJ

Cause of death: undetermined.

Forensic characteristics: unidentified female - found near New Jersey Turnpike.

Composite sketch of body found in wooded area off New Jersey Turnpike near Perth Amboy, NJ.

Chewing gum in mouth.

Wearing rose colored dress with a brown cord belt. Pantyhose. Pink bikini panties. No bra. Dark brown strap shoes.

Fingernails and toenails painted red.

Silver chain with black and white striped curved, "Good Luck" charm (horn).

Cases New Jersey Girl Murders 1960-1980

I’m real curious as to why Doe Network lists this UID as “male/female”! o_O

ETA: I sent a quick email to DN to see if they could tell us which is correct...

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back