FL - Mass Shooting at Pulse Nightclub, Orlando 12 June 2016 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally found a few articles with the same quote:

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/06/orlando-shooting-omar-mateen-wife-charged-160615032416268.html

The owner of Pulse, speaking through a representative, denied reports that Mateen had been a regular patron.

"Untrue and totally ridiculous," Sara Brady, a spokeswoman for club owner Barbara Poma, said in an email when asked about the claim.

So this surprises me. This is the owner of the club's spokeswoman, calling patrons liars who said they were adamant Mateen had been a regular patron. Not just ...well, I've never seen him there....but she is saying it's untrue and totally ridiculous.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/06/orlando-shooting-omar-mateen-wife-charged-160615032416268.html

The owner of Pulse, speaking through a representative, denied reports that Mateen had been a regular patron.

"Untrue and totally ridiculous," Sara Brady, a spokeswoman for club owner Barbara Poma, said in an email when asked about the claim.

So this surprises me. This is the owner of the club's spokeswoman, calling patrons liars who said they were adamant Mateen had been a regular patron. Not just ...well, I've never seen him there....but she is saying it's untrue and totally ridiculous.

The owner of the restaurant that hannah graham was in that night with jesse mathews denied she was in the restaurant and drink as well. jmo idk I don't understand why she is saying that either.

Yet multiple patrons have said he was. Is she saying the patrons are lying then? Could the club be in CYA mode? Don't want to have to admit to him ever having anything to do with the club?

It's weird isn't it. On one hand Mateen may not have been sighted in the club all those times and it's mistaken identity amongst all the shock the patrons are in. Some other guy. But then it's been released that his wife did drive him to Pulse on at least one occasion.

Anybody hear anything about this?

Brian Shields ‏@BShieldsWFTV
#Breaking: .@SButlerWFTV at IRS in Maitland - connected to shooter. PayPal account. $ transferred to Islamic retreat. #PulseShooting #wftv

Shannon Butler ‏@SButlerWFTV
Atf just left irs building in maitland. #wftv

33xcy3a.jpg

ETA link to story http://www.wftv.com/news/pulse-shoo...hooter-had-internalized-homophobia-/341829484

I don't believe the owner or her pr agent. They are worried about lawsuits.

But what lawsuits would they be at risk of? I just don't get it. If she said that he was a regular, how would that increase the risk of a lawsuit?

It's just confusing, especially when the owner and her patrons seem very bonded - she seems respected, especially in regards to the origin of the club name.

Law enforcement sources tell CBS News that Mateen had been working toward this for years. That his wife, and possibly other people, knew he was planning something and that he had also considered Disney World a target.

Investigators, reviewing Disney's sophisticated network of cameras say images of Mateen’s mannerisms indicate he was not visiting the theme park merely for family fun, but rather was scoping out security.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/sources-gunman-scoped-out-disney-as-target/243904861

But what lawsuits would they be at risk of? I just don't get it. If she said that he was a regular, how would that increase the risk of a lawsuit?

It's just confusing, especially when the owner and her patrons seem very bonded - she seems respected, especially in regards to the origin of the club name.

I'm guessing along the lines of not enough security ? There are lawsuits for everything. Those may not be her words, they may be her lawyer and prs. I just don't see the customers lying about him being there and we know his wife drove him at least once.

I'm guessing along the lines of not enough security ? There are lawsuits for everything. Those may not be her words, they may be her lawyer and prs. I just don't see the customers lying about him being there and we know his wife drove him at least once.

If it's not her words she should come out and deny it. Just puts her patrons in a bad light, especially under these circumstances. It's not like the club owners could have detected him as a terrorist prior to the attack - by all accounts he might have acted somewhat weird but he didn't appear to have done anything that could be pinned on the owners.

Quite a history he had, looks like his issues go back to childhood and his paternal upbringing: http://www.news.com.au/world/north-...l/news-story/4761f739a232ec2abfdbcf2f469f5d62 .. The more I read the worse it gets.

I taught hundreds of students and I only had one child I did not like. Everyday I had to talk with myself and tell myself that he was only a child and I had no right to dislike him. He was cruel to other children. Laughing. He lived with mother and grandparents and he could do no wrong.

I do not know what can be done when parents do not cooperate. OM went to a school for kids with issues in high school. Then what? What happens when they age out of school?

In the city I lived in, there are several schools that have children with issues. One is residentail. The housekeeper said how she would have to clean the feces off of the walls that the children would smear.

This is simoly one city. The stories I could tell would curl your hair. And we did not have the most difficult. They go somewhere else.

There are a lot of incredibly sick children out there. We better get a handle on it somehow.

There are new strategies such as ACES which deal with childhood trauma.

I don't think we can afford the emotional cost nor the cost of prisons for all of these disturbed people.

Two completely different thoughts.

Not sure if this has been posted.
http://www.abc10.com/news/local/sac...ist-pastor-praises-orlando-massacre/243211965

Secondly about the wife.

Sources tell ABC that the Feds got Noor Mateen to talk only after showing her they had video of her and her husband driving to several Orlando sites.

http://abc7chicago.com/news/wife-of-orlando-shooting-suspect-once-lived-in-chicago-suburbs/1385049/

This is getting pretty bizarre! You mean to tell me they were under surveillance!

This is starting to look like that time when the FBI failed to stop JFK's assassination...

I think what they need to worry about is the two underage victims that were in the club. jmo

His stated reason for both the 2011 and 2012 trips was umrah, a Muslim pilgrimage to the Kingdom that is not as significant as the hajj, a trip all Muslims must make to Mecca at least once in their lives. Either or both of the trips could also have included a deadly diversion for terror training, according to experts who are dubious that a working-class Muslim-American would make the pilgrimage twice in two years.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/06/1...ies-to-international-terror.html?intcmp=hpbt3

Patrons at Pulse, the nightclub where he killed dozens, say he had been seen there many times and one reportedly said Mateen had contacted him using a dating app popular with the gay community.

The "wife" is bugging me. I'm not sure she was a "wife" . I think there is way more to her.

thank you thank you thank you

When I went to bed last night - this hit me

Their whole little "happy family" scenario could be a cover. Somewhere yesterday someone posted their marriage license hasn't been seen. Just people saying they were married in 2013 and have a 3 yr old.

It isn't beyond the imagination to find out this was all a set-up - cover-up - to make them look normal and blend in with American society.

JMHO

If it's not her words she should come out and deny it. Just puts her patrons in a bad light, especially under these circumstances. It's not like the club owners could have detected him as a terrorist prior to the attack - by all accounts he might have acted somewhat weird but he didn't appear to have done anything that could be pinned on the owners.

Idk. I recall reading that he had been drunk and obnoxious in there a few times, maybe someone had already requested that he be banned? I honestly have no idea. I just know I don't believe her. She is in cya mode.

Eta: also didn't I read that he had pulled a knife on someone in there before? So it could be said he was a known danger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288