FL - Mass Shooting at Pulse Nightclub, Orlando 12 June 2016 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
KZ and Ocean blue eyes, I truly enjoyed your posts. I wonder how many attacks on us, here in the US will have to happen before we can say, Yeah, they are determined to kill us. I always question if the many defenders have done any investigation or do they just believe the "Islam is a peaceful religion" story. Ask the people in Germany and Sweden, who wanted to help the muslim refugees, how do they feel about what is going on in their countries now.
All it takes is a little googling and you learn a lot. I just vacationed in Naples FL, and our hotel had many guests from all over Europe. Very nice people. I sit at the pool and had nice conversations with some of them. I would never have asked the question or brought up the subject, but after a day or two, it came up from them, and it was even worse than I had thought. They are not loving their gov'ts now, and feel like they are being left open as victims, and cannot even speak out or they are charged instead of the criminals doing the crimes.
All I say is, investigate for yourself. Do some research. Don't be a hater, but also, don't be a victim.
All MOO only

BBM. Some of us do see that and say that. And we're called racist and Islamophobic.

Sometimes, reality bites. Reality is, they are determined to kill us.

Levity break!

Like her

the heat is clobbering media they all have to be exhasuted. Its been grueling the last couple of dayshumidity wise m

Brook just said (alligator) I have seen "No Swimming" signs but I have not and I quote "Seen any no alligator signs" !!!

Meanwhile, German investigators examined a Düsseldorf bank account held by Mateen’s father, who has claimed that his son visited him at his home in Port St. Lucie, Fla., the day before the attack and showed no hints of anger or anxiety. Germany’s Rheinischen Post reported that Mateen’s Afghanistan-born father, Seddique Mateen, posted the bank account details in a 2013 video soliciting donations — receiving only two payments totaling the equivalent of about $200.

There was no immediate indication of how the money was used, but the elder Mateen has been active in the Afghan expatriate community in the United States and elsewhere as a self-proclaimed political figure and analyst.

More at the link:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...iece-together-motives/?utm_term=.e1fc3e8baa7f

In reality, most of what is considered to be "hate speech" is protected under the First Amendment.

Wikipedia has a well-written, lengthy article that traces the various historical cases that have been ruled upon by the Supreme Court over the years. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution It is worth reading if you are in the mood.

Of course our constitution can be changed. There is a lawful procedure for changing it by amendment. Remember the Equal Rights Amendment that did not pass? Here is a list of all Amendments - some of which most of us have probably never head.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_amendments_to_the_United_States_Constitution
----------------

The father has been involved with a group called "Durand Jirga" for a long time. This is an "Afghani people vs. Pakistan" group. Here is his youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5MBQ9UhS01swTh860m_tvQ/videos

Levity break!

Like her

the heat is clobbering media they all have to be exhasuted. Its been grueling the last couple of dayshumidity wise m

Brook just said (alligator) I have seen "No Swimming" signs but I have not and I quote "Seen any no alligator signs" !!!

Well Brook. Considering there is a two year old still missing....I think that was in very poor taste. But I have come to expect no less than ignorance from talking heads.

Well Brook. Considering there is a two year old still missing....I think that was in very poor taste. But I have come to expect no less than ignorance from talking heads.

Sorry I do not think it is in poor taste at all, no swimming signs are almost like exit signs, they do not carry much weight, you almost see them everywhere there is water.

Years ago, when my wife and I went to Choke Canyon, we turned around and left, they had Crocodile signs. Signage is important, No wading signs , one can expect that either the water is very polluted or there is a danger.

They not only removed some four or more alligators while searching, yeah their lack of proper signage is important

As simple as this could have prevented yesterday's tragedy.
prevent-mistaken-identity-alligator-sign-k-0455.jpg

Remember that THIS terrorist did not say he was shooting because he "hates gays." By his own words, he "did it" to show his loyalty to Islamic terror groups. So while it may "fit" the definition of hate crime against gays, it is first and foremost an act of ISLAMIC TERRORISM.

Of course the constitution won’t be changed for things like freedom of speech. Which is exactly WHY we NEED a declaration of war on ISIS and Islamic terrorism, so that under the war powers, the FBI and other government agencies can work to identify and prevent acts of terrorism.

It’s a no-brainer. We simply HAVE TO stop pretending that acts of terror, any acts of terror, are to be dealt with using existing laws and constitutional rights. No one has a “right” to plan and carry out acts of terrorism. It is a military and self defense issue for the COUNTRY, not a "law enforcement" civil criminal issue. Our POTUS clearly doesn't understand that, IMO.

The protections of war powers will release the noose around law enforcement, FBI, and other government agencies to finally develop a workable PLAN to ERADICATE ISLAMIC TERRORISM, in particular, while we also work on other acts of terror like “pro life extremist” terrorists.

We can’t keep pretending that it’s just one “crazy” guy on a rampage, over and over.

We absolutely know what the problem is, and we absolutely CAN solve it. It is beyond absurd and horrific for *any* politician to lecture us about how we have to “get used to” terrorist acts so as not to offend some group that is hell bent on killing us and destroying our country and our way of life.

I think the son got it honest. Both had a vision of being more important than they actually were/are.

Dad shows signs of narcissism as well. Like father like son. I haven't heard anything about his mother or sisters, so at this time I cannot compare.

Sorry I do not think it is in poor taste at all, no swimming signs are almost like exit signs, they do not carry much weight, you almost see them everywhere there is water.

Years ago, when my wife and I went to Choke Canyon, we turned around and left, they had Crocodile signs. Signage is important, No wading signs , one can expect that either the water is very polluted or there is a danger.

They not only removed some four or more alligators while searching, yeah their lack of proper signage is important

As simple as this could have prevented yesterday's tragedy.
View attachment 96758

It was presented as levity..."no alligator signs". There were signs and of course signs are important. I took it as this person tried to make a joke. That's not funny.

The same morning Omar Mateen killed 49 people at a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida, he posted on Facebook his allegiance to ISIS, ordered America and Russia to “stop bombing” the terror group and warned of attacks to come, FBI officials said.

*SNIP*

Information about the posting circulated among law enforcement Tuesday morning. Officials also said four Facebook accounts have been found to be associated with Mateen.

*SNIP*

The FBI officials also said that in the days leading up to the attack, Mateen searched online for a speech by ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, for information about the gun store where he legally purchased a handgun and semi-automatic rifle used in the shooting and for the Pulse nightclub. He had also previously made several searches for local law enforcement offices.

More at the link:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/orlando-shooter-facebook-now-taste-isis-vengeance/story?id=39875518

It was presented as levity..."no alligator signs". There were signs and of course signs are important. I took it as this person tried to make a joke. That's not funny.

No I would not take it is funny either, and I know we are in the wrong tread BUT last night it was said in the area that this happened the only signage is No Swimming and guests are told they can enjoy the beach, it was movie night. Awful for any family to go through this.

I can also say that Disney has tight security, and they don't like any pictures in the back lot or anything that spoils the illusion. I know this because when I was in high school in the early 90's, I performed there with my high school's marching band, and even then, they would have at least yelled at anyone taking pictures in the back lot where we marched to get to the parade route entrance. Unfortunately during my senior year, a small group of people ruined things for everyone by being caught shoplifting on Main St. Those kids were lucky that the only punishment they got was from the school itself, instead of facing juvenile criminal charges, which was something the park easily could have done. The ringleader was sent to another school in the district as a disciplinary transfer, and the rest of that group got a suspension for at least a day or more.

In saying that, especially after 9/11, I'm not surprised Disney notified the FBI about the couple casing the place.

OT but- OMG- my brother was the lead singer (there were a male and female) that fronted the All American College Kids Marching Band- it was 1976-1977!

Wondering how much shorter than his wife, was the shooter?
Did that have any significance for him?
imo.
rbbm.
http://cnews.canoe.com/CNEWS/World/2016/06/15/22642972.html

storage.canoe.com.jpg

'Not the smartest, but... beautiful'; Details emerge about Orlando shooter's wife
No one answered the door at the Salman home Tuesday, but neighbours who know the 2004 graduate of John Swett High School in nearby Crockett said they find it hard to believe she had anything to do with the massacre.

Jasbinder Chahal, who has lived across the street from Salman's childhood home for the last 15 years, said Salman is "very nice...not the smartest, but she was beautiful.

"You know, some kids after high school, they open up the box and the world is theirs. She was inside the box, just pack it up and get married," said Chahal.

"They had a small wedding and took lots of pictures here at the house," said Chahal. The marriage license says the ceremony took place in Hercules, Calif., and that an imam officiated.

Of Mateen, Chahal said, "He was shorter than her and did not seem very friendly."

Remember that THIS terrorist did not say he was shooting because he "hates gays." By his own words, he "did it" to show his loyalty to Islamic terror groups. So while it may "fit" the definition of hate crime against gays, it is first and foremost an act of ISLAMIC TERRORISM.

Of course the constitution won’t be changed for things like freedom of speech. Which is exactly WHY we NEED a declaration of war on ISIS and Islamic terrorism, so that under the war powers, the FBI and other government agencies can work to identify and prevent acts of terrorism.

It’s a no-brainer. We simply HAVE TO stop pretending that acts of terror, any acts of terror, are to be dealt with using existing laws and constitutional rights. No one has a “right” to plan and carry out acts of terrorism. It is a military and self defense issue for the COUNTRY, not a "law enforcement" civil criminal issue. Our POTUS clearly doesn't understand that, IMO.

The protections of war powers will release the noose around law enforcement, FBI, and other government agencies to finally develop a workable PLAN to ERADICATE ISLAMIC TERRORISM, in particular, while we also work on other acts of terror like “pro life extremist” terrorists.

We can’t keep pretending that it’s just one “crazy” guy on a rampage, over and over.

We absolutely know what the problem is, and we absolutely CAN solve it. It is beyond absurd and horrific for *any* politician to lecture us about how we have to “get used to” terrorist acts so as not to offend some group that is hell bent on killing us and destroying our country and our way of life.

Huge complex sad father issues. He probably knew he was gonna die. His father is from middle east, and disdains homosexuality.

Might my father, in my final moment , be more accepting that I was doing this in the name of the middle east, where dad was born, as opposed to giving those dispiscaple homosexuals even one thought to "hate" them

Would dad be upset that I even thought about gay people?

Its already bad enough I am IN a bar that has those people in it.

But dad ought to have the world believe that his son did all this murder ,in the name of dads part of the world.

For daddy its also a bonus, his son killed a bunch of those people daddy dispises.

And I just so believe, that for him, seeing and feeling and watching thousands of people celebrating who they are , while he has spent his entire life in shame, rejection, riducule, self loathing.

Having to marry a woman, have a baby for dad. You have no idea, out in a bar, years ago , when I was younger, how many older gay men , who had to years earlier had to marry, had to have kids, becasue that is what they were suppossed to do back that.

The angush they suffered unimaginable. The loss, when they were young, and horney, and fantazing about being with men, and having to sneak off into some park behind some bushes, to have some sex, and go home to his wife, that he had no interest in , sexually.

That would be identical, to males here, having to have sex with males, it is identical. Were these guys loyal to their kids yes.

Were they so thrilled that finally at 45 they were able to be who they are , do what they want to do with whom they want to, and not live a giant lie on daily basis for decades

And reember I am talking about men who were in their sexual stride in the 50's, living in Idaho, no such thing a as gay bar, and taught they were going to hell....and feeling dirty and disgusted with themsleves .

I came out in 76, Jewish , none of that hell stuff, accepting family ... but listening to these guys broke my heart..........................

interstingly in lost cases, the wives and men who finally decided that they would no longer live that way, a lie, told their wives, divorced and remained dear friends afterward

Attn all hetero sexual men here- imagine you HAD to , in order to avoid being killed, seperated from family, being tought you are going to hell, sleep with men....................

moo

totally o/t can alligators just stay underwater for hours and haour and hours

Normally about a half hour, but, if they need to, they can kinda prep themselves and stay under up to 24 hours. Most people don't see them because they can lie in wait w/nothing more than a hint of their nostrils showing and maybe a bit of their back.

I was being a little facetious BUT how would the FBI have video to show her of their trips to different Orlando spots, even when they have a closenit time frame it is difficult to weed through video, here we are talking about the past month so to speak, impossible to come up with that quickly IMO

I must have missed that part.

According to staff members, numerous attempts by the school to intervene failed because of the “enabling” nature of Mateen’s father, Seddique Mateen, who was considered to be the source of his attitude towards women and girls.
SNIPPED
Katherine Zurich, 62, who taught Mateen in the fourth and fifth grade, said she tried to reach out to him but found his attitudes too deeply entrenched to penetrate.
“He felt that women were beneath him,” Ms Zurich said.
“He was taught to disrespect them.
His mum, his sisters were afraid of him. They had to be subservient to him because he was the son. They treated him like the father, with respect.”
Ms Zurich said Mateen would boast about how rich his family was, yet delight in taking things from other children.
http://www.news.com.au/world/north-...l/news-story/4761f739a232ec2abfdbcf2f469f5d62

I am not being a smart alec, but you do not know how many non-Muslim/Islamic males that live in America, who feel the same way. I have worked for an organization that assisted women in getting away from men who feel like this (who brutalized them, locked them in their homes during the day w/padlocks on the outside of the doors, etc...). I have personally known men like this who taught their male children that they did not have to listen to their female parent. There's more people like this than a lot of folks realize. It comes in all colors, religions, income scales, and walks of life.

BBM

<modsnip>

Ever notice all the arguments presented about the 'low' number of people in the US killed or injured by a terrorist(s) in the name of Islam starts counting on September 12th, 2001?

Those articles and graphs and studies never seem to want to include the 2996 people killed or the more than 6000 people injured on 9/11.

I'd like to see a tally of total people killed or injured in the US, by any person or group, in the name of Islam, starting September 10th, 2001.

Anyone have THAT number?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member