TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would never have noticed this item before, much less read about its usage. Now anything resembling a box of Saran catches my eye.

Has anyone thought of the possibility that the bumper sticker might be a political sticker? Not taking sides here, but just a few of the most current.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• il_340x270.892704404_2m2y.jpg
    il_340x270.892704404_2m2y.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 413
  • bb26419864c81854ae41b1683e6058d3.jpg
    bb26419864c81854ae41b1683e6058d3.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 428
  • Ben carson.jpg
    Ben carson.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 411
  • mit-romney-new-bumper-sticker.jpg
    mit-romney-new-bumper-sticker.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 418
  • printlib1.gif
    printlib1.gif
    18.1 KB · Views: 429
>>> MB received a "creepy" message from an unknown guy via LinkedIn 3 days prior.>>>

I'm sorry, but it seems to me this is hearsay. Someone told the police this, but could not offer anything about the "message".... so, I don;t think it can be taken as a "fact"... it's just my opinion. Thanks

It wouldn't be considered hearsay. Missy showed the friend the message; she saw it herself. If Missy had simply told the friend about the message, that would be hearsay.

Originally Posted by roadrunnermt View Post
What we know...
Both were having affairs

rsbm
Perhaps they were, but is there a source that definitively states this?
I've noticed every time the mention of "both were having affairs." Some are focusing on the word "affair" or "affair(s)" as an indication that one spouse was having an affair and the other one was not. INSTEAD please focus on the word "BOTH" Hmmm, so instead of being challenged every time the subject is broached, simply refer back to the word "both."
In an odd way, BOTH would actually make me less likely to believe a spouse was responsible for the murder. If "both" agree to an open marriage (a real oxymoron in my book, btw) then I would think there would be less of a propensity for raging jealousy, shock, anger or disappointment if the information becomes known. But, if one spouse has been "duped" and is blindsided by the sudden revelation of an affair....well, now raging jealousy, shock and anger might be the motivation for a violent act. (One of my clients went after spouse's tires with a machete! My kinda gal:blushing: No one physically injured....but I did understand the rage.)
In my eyes, if there were affairs by both parties....best to put it out on the table! Hiding it only makes a person look more suspicious and suggests a possible motive. Admit it and move on...things can't get any worse. Say a few prayers, ask your church for forgiveness, act contrite....yada, yada, yada...the public will forgive indiscretions....but they will never forget a gruesome murderer.
In summary (Cliff notes, lol): One having an affair =< greater motivation for murder. Both having an affair => lesser motivation for murder.

Originally Posted by roadrunnermt View Post
What we know...
Both were having affairs

I've noticed every time the mention of "both were having affairs." Some are focusing on the word "affair" or "affair(s)" as an indication that one spouse was having an affair and the other one was not. INSTEAD please focus on the word "BOTH" Hmmm, so instead of being challenged every time the subject is broached, simply refer back to the word "both."
In an odd way, BOTH would actually make me less likely to believe a spouse was responsible for the murder. If "both" agree to an open marriage (a real oxymoron in my book, btw) then I would think there would be less of a propensity for raging jealousy, shock, anger or disappointment if the information becomes known. But, if one spouse has been "duped" and is blindsided by the sudden revelation of an affair....well, now raging jealousy, shock and anger might be the motivation for a violent act. (One of my clients went after spouse's tires with a machete! My kinda gal:blushing: No one physically injured....but I did understand the rage.)
In my eyes, if there were affairs by both parties....best to put it out on the table! Hiding it only makes a person look more suspicious and suggests a possible motive. Admit it and move on...things can't get any worse. Say a few prayers, ask your church for forgiveness, act contrite....yada, yada, yada...the public will forgive indiscretions....but they will never forget a gruesome murderer.
In summary (Cliff notes, lol): One having an affair =< greater motivation for murder. Both having an affair => lesser motivation for murder.

Good post. I do have a thought about this scenario of partners agreeing to open marriage lifestyle. I agree that if both are having affairs there would be less motivation for murder. However, what if one partner is attracting significantly hotter, sexier hookups than the other partner? Could that be a factor for jealousy leading to murder? What about one partner's family members seeing the significant other hook up with younger, hotter, sexier "dates"? Or what about one hooking up with a person of color? I can see that definitely raising eyebrows especially in a smaller town.

Good post. I do have a thought about this scenario of partners agreeing to open marriage lifestyle. I agree that if both are having affairs there would be less motivation for murder. However, what if one partner is attracting significantly hotter, sexier hookups than the other partner? Could that be a factor for jealousy leading to murder? What about one partner's family members seeing the significant other hook up with younger, hotter, sexier "dates"? Or what about one hooking up with a person of color? I can see that definitely raising eyebrows especially in a smaller town.

Just jumping off both your posts with another possibility.......what if one of those casual relationships developed into something more genuine and serious? One sided or mutual - either way.

Just jumping off both your posts with another possibility.......what if one of those casual relationships developed into something more genuine and serious? One sided or mutual - either way.

I can see a partner becoming extremely angry to the point of murdering the competition.

MB may have told BB too.. Didn't he tell her her was concerned for her safety just days before the murder? (this is a question.. not mho.)

It wouldn't be considered hearsay. Missy showed the friend the message; she saw it herself. If Missy had simply told the friend about the message, that would be hearsay.

BBM

Do you have a link handy for this? TIA

Should clarify "What I've seen." What I've seen is that they went from very visible - public comments/postings to completely shutting down the public communication and page. That is the first step attorneys take. She got as SW. She's a savvy business woman. I see your point that step does involve some speculation.

Someone needs to delve into mystery of Missy with real questioning.

Should clarify "What I've seen." What I've seen is that they went from very visible - public comments/postings to completely shutting down the public communication and page. That is the first step attorneys take. She got as SW. She's a savvy business woman. I see your point that step does involve some speculation.

I believe CT's FB is public again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member