OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
can you pls give me a link to where you see his CA case as pending. I may be dense, but don't find it.
So he left CA, came back to OH?
we still don't really know , who & from what CA location, the 2/16 package was sent to Ohio. Right?
i also wonder what could possibly happen next.

HIGGINS AARON ROSS DEFENDANT CRIMINAL MCUK CRCR 15 82869 002 PENDING 08/26/15
www.mendocino.courts.ca.gov/online_services/caseindex/data/H.pdf

California, like Ohio and Florida have public records. I can't get into the actual case but it's current status is "pending".

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...rts-sorting-out-estates-pike-county/85874612/

"The motion requesting the guardian ad litem stated that lawyers Harcha & Back LLC of Portsmouth believe the two children will be the sole heirs of the estates."

What I don't understand is how they are considering only the 2 youngest to be the "sole heirs".

While there may only be two of the children who currently are in state custody, and therefore may be the only ones needing a guardian ad litem, FR had TWO children and HR also had TWO children. Having a surviving parent shouldn't preclude a child from any inheritance from their deceased parent.

I would assume FR's sons would split his estate, and HRs daughters would split hers.

I would think all four would likely inherit semi-equal shares from the CRsr & DM estates, with little Ruger also inheriting any estate left by HG.

I certainly hope that someone is looking out for the interests of all four of the little ones who have already lost so much.

Thank you for this. Any idea why or how Higgins was free to travel back to Ohio to continue his 'business'?
Why was he not held in CA?
Agree this may not be related to R.
But it is very close in a few ways, geographically for one.

No idea why.

Possible he posted a substantial bond and was given permission to reside outside of California.

Also possible he picked the right door on Let's Make a Deal.

One thing about the weed shipment that led to the discovery of the shatter lab...

38 pounds is a large quantity. Figuring on wholesale price per pound from $1200 to $1500 -- 38 pounds would have a wholesale value anywhere from $45,000 to $57,000. More if the weed was indoor grown.

Reducing the prices for black market value, it would still somewhere with a rock bottom floor of $25-30,000.

Did these two in Pike County have the cash on hand to pay that up front?

Were they fronted the weed by someone in California who trusted them to pay (a higher price) when they could get a return on shatter production? Or was it a deal to pay for the raw weed with shatter product?

Another possibility is that the weed was grown by Higgins himself (& possibly others) in California for anticipated shatter production there. Entirely possible that there were weed patches in Mendocino County undiscovered from the 8-2016 arrest and the 38 pounds came from that production.

Seems possible that plans might have been adjusted to produce shatter outside of Mendocino County after the production arrest.

If money was owed for the 38 pounds, that's never a position a person wants to find themselves in.

Would be nice to know just what kind of grow op was at the Rhodens. Its a stretch to think the shatter lab situation could be related, but not outside of the realm of possibilities IMO.

The sloppiness in shipping 38 pounds still sticks with me. My experience in the pre-Prop 215 Emerald Triangle was with the cautious old-hand folks who never got caught or had their crops seized during the annual eradication. Those folks rarely shipped by mail; when they did, it was much smaller quantities and packaged in a manner that would pass a smell test.

Shipping 38 pounds by mail in a manner that was apparently easily detected by smell strikes me as either amateurish or desperate. Or both.

Losing 38 pounds to a post office seizure is nuts.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...rts-sorting-out-estates-pike-county/85874612/

"The motion requesting the guardian ad litem stated that lawyers Harcha & Back LLC of Portsmouth believe the two children will be the sole heirs of the estates."

What I don't understand is how they are considering only the 2 youngest to be the "sole heirs".

While there may only be two of the children who currently are in state custody, and therefore may be the only ones needing a guardian ad litem, FR had TWO children and HR also had TWO children. Having a surviving parent shouldn't preclude a child from any inheritance from their deceased parent.

I would assume FR's sons would split his estate, and HRs daughters would split hers.

I would think all four would likely inherit semi-equal shares from the CRsr & DM estates, with little Ruger also inheriting any estate left by HG.

I certainly hope that someone is looking out for the interests of all four of the little ones who have already lost so much.

Reported differently, and IMO accurately, by the Dispatch:

The Rhoden family papers filed by Portsmouth attorney David B. Beck show that it is expected that K and R, as well as 3-year-old B — Frankie’s son from a prior relationship — and SW, Hanna Rhoden’s 2-year old daughter, will be the sole heirs of the estates.
http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/06/14/paperwork-filed-for-rhoden-estates.html

No idea why.

Possible he posted a substantial bond and was given permission to reside outside of California.

Also possible he picked the right door on Let's Make a Deal.

One thing about the weed shipment that led to the discovery of the shatter lab...

38 pounds is a large quantity. Figuring on wholesale price per pound from $1200 to $1500 -- 38 pounds would have a wholesale value anywhere from $45,000 to $57,000. More if the weed was indoor grown.

Reducing the prices for black market value, it would still somewhere with a rock bottom floor of $25-30,000.

Did these two in Pike County have the cash on hand to pay that up front?

Were they fronted the weed by someone in California who trusted them to pay (a higher price) when they could get a return on shatter production? Or was it a deal to pay for the raw weed with shatter product?

Another possibility is that the weed was grown by Higgins himself (& possibly others) in California for anticipated shatter production there. Entirely possible that there were weed patches in Mendocino County undiscovered from the 8-2016 arrest and the 38 pounds came from that production.

Seems possible that plans might have been adjusted to produce shatter outside of Mendocino County after the production arrest.

If money was owed for the 38 pounds, that's never a position a person wants to find themselves in.

Would be nice to know just what kind of grow op was at the Rhodens. Its a stretch to think the shatter lab situation could be related, but not outside of the realm of possibilities IMO.

The sloppiness in shipping 38 pounds still sticks with me. My experience in the pre-Prop 215 Emerald Triangle was with the cautious old-hand folks who never got caught or had their crops seized during the annual eradication. Those folks rarely shipped by mail; when they did, it was much smaller quantities and packaged in a manner that would pass a smell test.

Shipping 38 pounds by mail in a manner that was apparently easily detected by smell strikes me as either amateurish or desperate. Or both.

Thank you. I need to think about this for a day or two.
Many possibilities here.

Methinks that they may have been doing way too much of their product.[emoji6] Reminds me of someone I knew back in the day that tried extracting using alcohol on the stove. Didn't end well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If the person at the piketon post office " smelled the pot" then someone else surely smelled it to during it's transport. Sounds like " officials" let that package reach the address it was sent to for a reason. JMO Also, where all the " drugs" are concerned, sounds like the LE are getting all their little duckies in a row. The way all this is coming together, from different states and all it looks like a very large and complicated operation. That's a lot of evidence to collect and cross check, to get the one's responsible for the " drug operation" how the Rhodens murders figure into these I don't know. Wow, just Wow!

If the person at the piketon post office " smelled the pot" then someone else surely smelled it to during it's transport. Sounds like " officials" let that package reach the address it was sent to for a reason. JMO Also, where all the " drugs" are concerned, sounds like the LE are getting all their little duckies in a row. The way all this is coming together, from different states and all it looks like a very large and complicated operation. That's a lot of evidence to collect and cross check, to get the one's responsible for the " drug operation" how the Rhodens murders figure into these I don't know. Wow, just Wow!

My thoughts exactly! That Pot was sent after the CA bust. I'm wondering who's investigating who!

The address, 1633 Beaver Creek Road is real close to the grow operation that was found 2012, and another mentioned, Zion Ridge Road, is close as well.

In August 2012 another aerial operation found a similar, but much smaller, operation, this time on Hickson Run Road, 15 miles northeast of Piketon. Agents hiked hundreds of yards into the woods south of the road and found two campsites and multiple plots of marijuana totaling 1,200 plants.

http://m.newswatchman.com/news/article_057af5f5-e7c6-57e1-a1f1-699a260f0d12.html?mode=jqm

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news...ok-at-pike-county-marijuana-camps-link/nrJCF/

In the last article it states PRESCRIPTION PILL BOTTLES WERE FOUND WITH NAMES ON THEM, BUT NO ONE WAS AT THE SITE, SO NO ARREST WAS MADE.

I find that odd, I would hope the name(s)were entered into the National Crime Lab to see if the name(s) came up as a person in the database.

JMO

This is definitely getting more interesting!
I wonder if the CA bust happened and they had to quickly get rid of some of the weed, so out of necessity shipped it to their other location.
As far as being "allowed " to travel, he may have not been allowed to, but did anyway.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

In the last article it states PRESCRIPTION PILL BOTTLES WERE FOUND WITH NAMES ON THEM, BUT NO ONE WAS AT THE SITE, SO NO ARREST WAS MADE.

I find that odd, I would hope the name(s)were entered into the National Crime Lab to see if the name(s) came up as a person in the database.

JMO

They might be stolen but should still have fingerprints all over them.

http://theava.com/archives/47004
Just another article with the shatter house arrested picture and another person arrested in same row of pictures for similar charges. Maybe partners?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

You're on to something, mama, it looks like this is a honcho... Now lets see how he fits into Ohio...
http://www.kptv.com/story/19786947/deputy-helps-stranded-driver-finds-meth-and-marijuana

He's up for sentencing on the CA bust 6/28 and appears to have quite a record. I wonder how he and Higgins got involved... bigger fish?

Researching Eric Kooyer shows that he's been arrested multiple times in CA and Oregon. He was once caught with 6 lbs. selling reefer out of a car. Sounds like someone who would be crazy enough to mail pot. I'm still inclined to think the Rhodens were targeted in an extortion robbery though.

You're on to something, mama, it looks like this is a honcho... Now lets see how he fits into Ohio...
http://www.kptv.com/story/19786947/deputy-helps-stranded-driver-finds-meth-and-marijuana

He's up for sentencing on the CA bust 6/28 and appears to have quite a record. I wonder how he and Higgins got involved... bigger fish?

Researching Eric Kooyer shows that he's been arrested multiple times in CA and Oregon. He was once caught with 6 lbs. selling reefer out of a car. Sounds like someone who would be crazy enough to mail pot. I'm still inclined to think the Rhodens were targeted in an extortion robbery though.

Interesting, Aaron Higgins posted bail the same day. Who are these guys working for? Who were the Rhodens growing for?

Yeah they both are forms of Antisocial Personality Disorder and are used interchangeably quite a bit in various publications. One thing is that psychopaths are usually very high functioning. Most do not do violent crime but many are your Bernie Madoffs of the world.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

True, about the Madoffs of the world, but, if they feel they should need to kill, to get what they want, they have no conscience to deal w/from what Madoff did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa