FL - Mass Shooting at Pulse Nightclub, Orlando 12 June 2016 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tend to think that if he self-identified as an Islamic terrorist, then we should respect that and consider him an Islamic terrorist.

You could consider him an Islamic terrorist but I do wonder why that label seems so important. I do think he had some of the beliefs that these groups tout,but I also think he had other issues and wanted to be viewed as more involved than he actually was.
At any rate,hopefully the investigation will tell us more. If he did have ties,knowing may help to prevent future attacks.

I tend to think that if he self-identified as an Islamic terrorist, then we should respect that and consider him an Islamic terrorist.

I'm just glad he's dead. I wonder if he thought he would get to choose the gender of the 72 virgins he expected to be rewarded with. JMO

You could consider him an Islamic terrorist but I do wonder why that label seems so important. I do think he had some of the beliefs that these groups tout,but I also think he had other issues and wanted to be viewed as more involved than he actually was.
At any rate,hopefully the investigation will tell us more. If he did have ties,knowing may help to prevent future attacks.

BBM - this is why. It doesn't matter if someone believes just a little in Islamic extremism or a lot. If what they believe in any way compromises the safety of others and intends to feed fear and terror, the label needs to be applied. Learning about individuals on all parts of this continuum can help guide changes to legislation, policies and security measures to prevent terror incidents.

IMO

cell phone call + texting does not = ahhh terrorist

cell phone call + texting + pacing+sounding agiated+appearing anxious= Maybe I ought not to proceed with this character

moo

Trying to buy bullet proof vest + bulk ammo = suspicious

Trying to buy bullet proof vest + bulk ammo + calling someone on the phone and speaking in Arabic when vest isn't available = extremely suspicious

BBM - this is why. It doesn't matter if someone believes just a little in Islamic extremism or a lot. If what they believe in any way compromises the safety of others and intends to feed fear and terror, the label needs to be applied. Learning about individuals on all parts of this continuum can help guide changes to legislation, policies and security measures to prevent terror incidents.

IMO

Agree. And the very same can be said for all religious ideologies. JMO

IMO

The trick is in determining who will act on that hate or belief. If we investigated everyone that was filled with hate or used their position to incite we would be very busy.
IMO

charge them all.

I'm unable to edit my first post, not sure why either.

Charge them all. I should add to clarify those that interacted with the post and did not report. (cheering him on, goading him etc...)

The trick is in determining who will act on that hate or belief. If we investigated everyone that was filled with hate or used their position to incite we would be very busy.
IMO

Very true - national security measures cost a lot. But this guy committed the act. He acted already.

I'm dreading them keeping some of the evidence sealed for a period of time..aagh!!

That could happen if they decide to charge anyone else that may have been involved. So far they (FBI) have been pretty forthcoming.

Or just acknowledge the obvious instead of trying to deny it because that is more convenient?

Thankfully, Jim Jones and David Koresh are dead as doornails, and Warren Jeffs is in prison, But the Duggars are still at it, and pedophile priests are relocated to other parishes and scientologists are still implementing their tactics and on and on..............JMO Terrorism is what terrorism does.

Trying to buy bullet proof vest + bulk ammo = suspicious

Trying to buy bullet proof vest + bulk ammo + calling someone on the phone and speaking in Arabic when vest isn't available = extremely suspicious

Very true. As a side note however, I doubt he was speaking Arabic as he is Afghan, not Arab. Aside from some commonly memorized prayers in arabic, my bet is that the shooter does not speak the language.

Very true. As a side note however, I doubt he was speaking Arabic as he is Afghan, not Arab. Aside from some commonly memorized prayers in arabic, my bet is that the shooter does not speak the language.

Isn't Arabic the language of the mideast. Just like English is the language of certain parts of the West? Even though different dialects may be involved?

Agree. And the very same can be said for all religious ideologies. JMO

Agree. Think this will spark any anti-gay legislation being overturned? For instance - does the governor of NC really want to be compared to a terrorist?

Arabic is the language of islam, and probably most often the language of the middle east, but Turks speak Turkish, Afghans are not middle east and have a few languages, Pakistan has a language, Iran is Persian. All islamists know some or lots of Arabic. JMO Israelis speak Hebrew, but probably a majority can speak Arabic.

So he might be a Persian who was speaking Farsi. How does ISIS feel about Persians?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happyhen