FL - Mass Shooting at Pulse Nightclub, Orlando 12 June 2016 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what they think. But eye witnesses are frequently wrong, and video is too grainy to be useful.

The shooter ended up using the same gun he went into the store to purchase. I am sure LE has proven it was him based on everything that is known about what he wanted to buy and what he ended up buying and what he had with him during the shooting.

Here's a question, thought, musing, if you will...................

How come we haven't heard (or even seen a picture of - for that matter) from his mother? With the background coming out about this guy - all the way to elementary school - he was obviously a serious discipline problem. Where and in what capacity was his mother? Didn't she worry about this child? Was she even allowed to give input into his upbringing - his early forming of morals and values - right from wrong? From all we have read and discussed - I'm figuring she wasn't given much of a say or even a chance at how this child of hers was raised...........................

JMHO

That's what they think. But eye witnesses are frequently wrong, and video is too grainy to be useful.

I never heard the video was too grainy, I did hear it had been recorded over. I suspect what happened that day does not happen consistently that the store is calling the FBI so if I was that store owner, which I suspect was not even present when it happened, I would want to preserve said tape and use another one. I really do not buy much into these accounts by a friend of a friend of a neighbor who once knew someone who......

The shooter ended up using the same gun he went into the store to purchase. I am sure LE has proven it was him based on everything that is known about what he wanted to buy and what he ended up buying and what he had with him during the shooting.

Per the store owner, suspicious person was there to purchase ammunition and bullet proof vest. I don't see anything about specific gun requests.

"Mateen asked for level 3 body armor, according to Abell, but was told the store didn't carry it. He then made a phone call and spoke in Arabic before asking for bulk ammunition, but employees did not sell it to him."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/orlando-shooting-gun-store-owner-says-they-called-fbi-about-omar-mateen/

I never heard the video was too grainy, I did hear it had been recorded over. I suspect what happened that day does not happen consistently that the store is calling the FBI so if I was that store owner, which I suspect was not even present when it happened, I would want to preserve said tape and use another one. I really do not buy much into these accounts by a friend of a friend of a neighbor who once knew someone who......

I posted a link that says video was too grainy to be useful.

"Abell added that they thought the man was "very suspicious," so they called the local FBI office in West Palm Beach and reported the incident. But they didn't have the man's name, since no sale was made, and the only surveillance footage they had was grainy."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/orlando-shooter-turned-gun-store-suspicious/story?id=39901107

Toss his body in a dumpster, he murdered innocent people over and over he doesn't deserve to be buried on American soil. JMO

Maybe family will take him 'home' and they will stay there so dad can be president.
Did anyone bother to claim Hus remains?

Agreed. Why can't his motives be both? I don't see why it has to be one or the other. This guy is a trifecta, since his brand of religion taught him to hate gays anyhow, and then he was self-hating on top of it, and he had bullying problems as a child anyhow...

I really think his total motive was his hatred against the infidels even although technically he was one and his steadfast allegiance to violent Islamic terrorists whether ISIS or others. This was his pattern of hatred he had shown for many years before this happened. This is who he was and why this happened. All mass shooters have side issues and he is no different than most all of the rest.

I think he targeted the gay community because he knew it would please his father if he took out gay infidels. I still believe it was the father who constantly instilled the hatred Matee had against us and he soaked it up like a toxic sponge from a very early age and continued this hatred which only became stronger and stronger. He knew if he targeted this particular group of infidels he would be seen as a Martyr even more so by the radical Muslim extremists that also target gays and murdered them themselves. He knew it would bring his father more kudos from other extremists if he hit this particular group. I absolutely think his father was no different than one of the radical Imams who preaches hate and advocate violence. Imo, this hate was done on a daily basis inside of his home and even though I am sure he and his father had issues in the end most sons do want to please their fathers and get their approval. He also learned from his father that women are to be treated like dirt and violence comes to those who says something he didn't like.

His sole objective to me was to invoke terror in our entire country. Imo, there is no religion that has more fanatical extremist views, against not only anyone who does not believe exactly like they do, but their views on homosexuals are the most extreme when believing all gays deserve to be murdered with many middle eastern countries having laws that homosexuality is punishable by death.

I do not believe he is the only Muslim who goes to Mosques here that thinks the same way either. I think many Mosques right now led by fanatical Imams are preaching hate and violence against innocent others yet nothing seems to ever happen and they are left alone. Has there ever been a FBI raid on Mosques here in our country? Why was the Imam allowed to spew his hatred against gays saying they should be murdered just two weeks before this happened. If he was saying all those things and promoting violence against gays then why in the world wouldn't one of the members contact the FBI right away? Its that overwhelming silence that bothers me greatly but for some reason it just isn't seen as politically correct to even question Muslims or their Imams.

Political correctness is going to be the downfall of this country. Little by little it is eroding away the rights of American people and giving more rights to others which may certainly wish us great harm. We aren't suppose to profile Muslims but never mind when another terrorist attack happens in the name of religion it is the Muslim religion the terrorists believes in.

Until the FBI is not hamstrung by PC this will go on and on and on and on. Until Mosques can be infiltrated by undercover police agencies we will continue to have no clue who really hates us and is advocating violence against us within the walls of the Mosques here. It is only logical to think many Muslims here do agree with the issue of homosexuality and the punishment they believe it deserves. It was said that Matee was elated when other Islamic terrorists took the lives of our people but in the same turn it is only logical to believe that in some Mosques across our nation there were members also elated about what he did.:(

I think him being gay or bi-sexual is a only side issue and really isn't the reason but his fanatical Islamic beliefs is what put this all in motion. Imo, the side issue of him being gay takes away from the real reason he did this terrorist attack. Without his blind hatred of all infidels and his radical Muslim extremist views this mass shooting wouldn't have ever happened. He made it crystal clear to everyone why he did this and this is exactly what Islamic terrorists do.

I posted a link that says video was too grainy to be useful.

"Abell added that they thought the man was "very suspicious," so they called the local FBI office in West Palm Beach and reported the incident. But they didn't have the man's name, since no sale was made, and the only surveillance footage they had was grainy."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/orlando-shooter-turned-gun-store-suspicious/story?id=39901107

I missed that but I did see another with store owner saying video had since been recorded over. Thanks

In re-watching that video he uses two words that are not present in discussions here 1, foreign language....not Arabic and 2. Says tape was lapped over meaning rerecorded as I originally alluded to.

ETA again, I see the use of the word grainy BUT that was what whoever wrote the article used from watching the video, gun store owner clearly states "lapped over" and there is a huge difference.

BBM
I thought you were going to say suicide.

Why was his go-to internal response terrorism?

Because the answer to making himself 'not gay' was to become more religious, which led to extremism.

Listen to the story if you haven't. It's really interesting and may give some insight into OM.
It also ends on a hopeful note, at least for the subject of the story.

Toss his body in a dumpster, he murdered innocent people over and over he doesn't deserve to be buried on American soil. JMO
Can we place him in a septic somewhere? Better yet, feed him to some pigs. Didn't he threaten peaceful ppl at a BBQ over pork touching his burger? I refuse to read any more articles about him. He is no one. Nothing.

Sorry. I've been quiet but I need to release a little poison that's been building up inside.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Per the store owner, suspicious person was there to purchase ammunition and bullet proof vest. I don't see anything about specific gun requests.

"Mateen asked for level 3 body armor, according to Abell, but was told the store didn't carry it. He then made a phone call and spoke in Arabic before asking for bulk ammunition, but employees did not sell it to him."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/orlando-shooting-gun-store-owner-says-they-called-fbi-about-omar-mateen/

The first store employee said he recognized him. I have no reason to not believe him.
Since that guy raised suspicion to him from a few weeks back he likely remembered him well.
He ended up calling about him to try to give tip so he easily remembered what he looked like.

Unfortunately the video was too grainy.

"His employee was shocked when news broke about a shooting in Orlando and he recognized the mass murderer."

http://nypost.com/2016/06/16/gun-shop-told-authorities-about-suspicious-mateen-before-slaughter/

The first store employee said he recognized him. I have no reason to not believe him.
Since that guy raised suspicion to him from a few weeks back he likely remembered him well.
He ended up calling about him to try to give tip so he easily remembered what he looked like.

"His employee was shocked when news broke about a shooting in Orlando and he recognized the mass murderer."

http://nypost.com/2016/06/16/gun-shop-told-authorities-about-suspicious-mateen-before-slaughter/

There was another group of men reported by the same store that FBI investigated. According to CNN's story, the store mentioned suspicious person in the context of that investigation. But they had no name, license plate, or a video of that suspicious person.

"The FBI tracked down the men, who were visiting government security officers from a Middle Eastern country. The purchase was not deemed suspicious, the sources said."

[video=cnn;us/2016/06/17/gun-shop-owner-called-fbi-sot.cnn]http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/16/us/orlando-shooter-omar-mateen/index.html[/video]

Hey, I have an idea. How about we don't blame the gun store guy OR LE and put the blame squarely on the screwed up head of the that actually did the murders.

More gun shop owners than we realize refuse to sell weapons and gear. Thank goodness at this time they still have a right to do that although some are being sued now because they refused to sell a weapon to someone.

OT: Around 7 years ago now a close friend of my husband who was a co-worker was murdered in cold blood. His wife went to a gun shop trying to purchase a handgun and the gun shop owner refused to sell her one because he felt something just wasn't right about her demeanor. But of course where there is a will there is a way.:( So instead she went back to their subdivision and lied to one of their neighbors saying she had seen a poisonous snake and needed a handgun in case she saw it again. He believed her and gave her a handgun and bullets. The very next morning as her husband was leaving for work she shot him in the back 6 times and 1 time in the head as he lay dying in their front yard. He had filed for divorce due to her abusive ways he had had to endure for 18 years. His divorce would have been final on the very next day after she murdered him. She did it right in front of their 13 year old daughter. He had also gotten custody of the children. Then she tried to claim self defense which of course it seems all women do when they find themselves in the criminal justice system. The evidence showed it was cold blooded premediated murder and she was convicted and sentenced to LWOP. None of her children come to see her.

So gun store owners do build in a sixth sense when it comes to customers who walk in off the street. They turn in many more people to the police than we may think. Like this one gun shop owner said he was devastated to learn the murder happened but was so thankful he wasn't the one who sold the weapon to her in order for her to murder the father of her children.

IMO

Hey, I have an idea. How about we don't blame the gun store guy OR LE and put the blame squarely on the screwed up head of the that actually did the murders.

I don't blame anyone other than the terrorist who carried out these brutal attacks. Millions of guns are owned and purchased legally including semi-automatic long guns. 99.99% of them don't use those weapons against anyone much less do terrorist attacks on a mass of people.

You are 1000% correct JLS. The total blame is squarely on this terrorist. Gun shop owners don't have crystal balls unfortunately but many do try to size up the purchaser to see if they think something is off but it all depends on how well the person can hide their true intentions and some are better at it than others. This is certainly NOT the fault of the gun shop owner.

IMO

You mean the Islamic terrorist? Yeah, I can get behind that.

The real scary thing to me about these types of threats in the world today is the fact that these monsters don't seem to care if they get killed.

The common link to most of them is they go on a type of suicide mission. Whether they blow themselves up or expect to get shot by a cop the link is they don't care if they die. And that is the part that makes this threat today so unique and difficult to deal with.

I liken it to the Kamikaze attacks that occurred in WWII. Humans trying to cause as much destruction as possible and knowing they would likely die in the process. It was a new phenomenem that the military had to deal with.
Different in some ways but similar in some ways too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamikaze

And today that sort of threat has surfaced again with these monsters. Combatting it is very difficult but we must do everything possible to try to identify and stop anybody thinking of doing such a thing.

Which means to me that special measures must take place by homeland security, LE, FBI, governments, and all other countries too.
It is a world wide threat to humanity as we have seen these killings occur in many places throughout the world.

We do know a lot of them have been stopped but obviously so much more work has to be done to stop the next idiot who doesnt care about his life. Such selfish souls.

The real scary thing to me about these types of threats in the world today is the fact that these monsters don't seem to care if they get killed.

The common link to most of them is they go on a type of suicide mission. Whether they blow themselves up or expect to get shot by a cop the link is they don't care if they die. And that is the part that makes this threat today so unique and difficult to deal with.

I liken it to the Kamikaze attacks that occurred in WWII. Humans trying to cause as much destruction as possible and knowing they would likely die in the process. It was a new phenomenem that the military had to deal with.
Different in some ways but similar in some ways too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamikaze

And today that sort of threat has surfaced again with these monsters. Combatting it is very difficult but we must do everything possible to try to identify and stop anybody thinking of doing such a thing.

Which means to me that special measures must take place by homeland security, LE, FBI, governments, and all other countries too.
It is a world wide threat to humanity as we have seen these killings occur in many places throughout the world.

We do know a lot of them have been stopped but obviously so much more work has to be done to stop the next idiot who doesnt care about his life. Such selfish souls.

Exactly, Hatfield.

Those in the world where radical Islamic extremists have openly declared war are fighting one of the worst wars than boots on the ground wars.

These monsters believe to die while murdering the infidels gives them more rewards. So how do we combat someone who's plan is already to die as a martyr? This type of formidable enemy doesn't care if they are killed as long as they can murder as many of us as they possibly can. These lone wolf terrorists are as deadly as ISIS and all of their members. Now they know that lone-wolves can do just as much damage collectively as the ones they support by giving them funds and supplying them with weapons. This way they don't even have to chatter back and forth anymore. The ISIS leader will put out a video telling these lone-wolves to attack as many infidels as they can like he did about the month of Ramadan and its working. We aren't dealing with a bunch of dummies because these leaders are very intelligent and always seem to be one jump ahead of us.

And of course we are bald faced lied to by our leader who says ISIS has been contained and severely damaged. :mad: Of course, like always, it wont take but a few days before that lie is exposed like it was yesterday by our CIA Director. For the life of me I have never understood why the federal government wishes to be so dismissive of Islamic terrorists attacks. The more we truly know about how powerful they still are the better. Knowledge is always better than being told constant lies.

Yes, some have been stopped and the last three Islamic terrorists fell through the cracks. Its those and I think they are in the hundreds or maybe even thousands that are already here and plotting to murder more of us that worries me the most and the FBI doesn't have a clue who they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288