FL - Mass Shooting at Pulse Nightclub, Orlando 12 June 2016 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that he chose that location for his terrorist act because he was familiar with the location, comfortable in the environment, knew the security measures in place at that location, knew Isis sympathisers would think he chose his target well ... he may even have imagined he could get out of there alive and escape somehow. Unless he was hoping for the 72 virgins in Paradise.

<modsnip>

Oops sorry, can I just say that I think he would have used whatever means available to strike fear into the minds of innocent people?

That's interesting. I thought that homosexuals would be more understanding.
My friends are, but who knows, maybe younger generation is different?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Oh my lord, CNN just ran a commerical for a doc on the Paris attacks. All I heard was France is on lockdown and dozens injured. I freaked thinking it was breaking news now!

A shooting survivor told The Associated Press on Friday that when he saw a picture of Mateen on television the day after the shooting, he recognized him as the same man he saw having a drink at the bar earlier in the night.

His account could not immediately be verified. The FBI declined to comment and has not provided a timeline accounting for Mateen's movements that night.

He said Mateen was drinking at the Pulse bar next to him the night of the shooting. He didn't remember an exact time but said it was early in the evening.

Marrero says he has given his account to investigators.

More at the link:

http://abc7ny.com/news/fbi-still-gathering-evidence-at-nightclub-after-orlando-shooting/1389702/

Sorry Dexter, I don't believe that has to happen for one second for him to be a full blown Islamic terrorist any more than I believe the Christian fanatic that killed people outside of the abortion clinic had to go to church every time the doors were open. In fact he had lived in CO for over a year and didn't attend a church the entire time he was there but he still was a fanatical Christian extremist through and through. Its not going to church/Mosque that makes one an extremist. It is their religious belief system that causes these terrorist acts to be carried out by them.

Although it has been reported that Mateen did pray but even if he didn't it doesn't ever mean he wasn't an extremist. He was, his background shows he had been a radical Muslim terrorist in the making for years before this happened. His heroes were terrorists/suicide bombers.

Personally, I don't equate an Islamic terrorist with a good Muslim. In fact I think the opposite. JMO

That's interesting. I thought that homosexuals would be more understanding.

I dont know. Seems kinda like blaming a rape victim IMO.

He was not ugly, it cant be like someone would judge another person becasue they slept with someone who turned out to be a mass shooter

Holmes had a girl freind, etc

I certainly do not think someone who found him sexy would think oh no he might be a future mass murderer! In most of the interactions where people have come forward they said he kind of creeped people out.

Like a lot of the other folks who engaged in this type of hoorific act, who as the background comes out we find that individual had a long mentla illiness history, and folks were likely to distance themselves from the folks becasue of the strange behavioirs of some with illiness.

My sense is from the reads thus far is that folks did intially interact with him (Grindr intent is to have quick sex generally speaking, my sense is from just a pic guys would want to hit up on him ) on Grindr, but after interacting with him he made people uneasy .............

moo

Not quite true.

It's true that with a CCW, you still have to have the background check in Florida, but there's no waiting period if you have a CCW.

Also length of the waiting period does not depend on the county. The state specifically occupies the whole of the firearm regulation field; cities & counties aren't allowed to make up their own laws about it.

Since I have a CCW, I've always been able to walk into a gun shop, pick out my new firearm, and walk out with it that day.

Ahhhh. Well that is what the man on the video said so I assumed it was true. Maybe Florida will take after Georgia when it comes to bars though, it makes it a lot easier for security and other staff members to be armed or at least have quick access if need be.

I believe he picked that place because he knew it would be like shooting fish in a barrel, the lack of resistance was probably even a surprise to him. The fact he wanted a bullet proof vest so badly shows that he did NOT want to take return fire.

Ahhhh. Well that is what the man on the video said so I assumed it was true. Maybe Florida will take after Georgia when it comes to bars though, it makes it a lot easier for security and other staff members to be armed or at least have quick access if need be.

I believe he picked that place because he knew it would be like shooting fish in a barrel, the lack of resistance was probably even a surprise to him. The fact he wanted a bullet proof vest so badly shows that he did NOT want to take return fire.
I'm sure he knew that the club would be a soft target. No guns on any of the patrons. A country bar would have been different.

He wanted the vest for the inevitable gunfight with LE. JMO

Sorry Dexter, I don't believe that has to happen for one second for him to be a full blown Islamic terrorist any more than I believe the Christian fanatic that killed people outside of the abortion clinic had to go to church every time the doors were open. In fact he had lived in CO for over a year and didn't attend a church the entire time he was there but he still was a fanatical Christian extremist through and through. Its not going to church/Mosque that makes one an extremist. It is their religious belief system that causes these terrorist acts to be carried out by them.

Although it has been reported that Mateen did pray but even if he didn't it doesn't ever mean he wasn't an extremist. He was, his background shows he had been a radical Muslim terrorist in the making for years before this happened. His heroes were terrorists/suicide bombers.

I dont know, all his comments like that hit me as like "a little big man type of thing - like to scare people when he felt made fun of or whatever. Not any real Paris terrorist like folks

Without, checking out, verifing the backgrounds of anyone.

I know, that this was a home grown killer.

But, how many are coming in daily from countries that do not accept our values? Or, way of life?
It seems to me, that this administration is all about letting Anyone, into this country without back ground checks. AND I mean anyone!

I think that is Crazy. And destructive to Any society.
How on earth do we assimilate hundreds of thousands of humans who have been raised in the middle east with barbaric laws and beliefs into the United States?

Or, why are our law makers bring in 10 of thousands of illegal immigrants from South America into the United States?

I am a small business owner in California. The taxes, are killing me. Seriously.
I am so disheartened.

Useful idiot terrorists: Sympathizers and/or converts recruited and radicalized by various islamic organizations (hiding behind a religious designation) to carry out terror attacks. Many are radicalized in prison, compliments of the chaplain imam. Others seek out social media.

Muslim terrorists: muslims of arab descent who are groomed and conditioned from birth to kill innocents and sacrifice themselves in the name of a totalitarian regime/death cult disguised as religion.

The worst mass shooting in US history just happened and we're pontificating whether or not the muslim terrorist could pass 'terror training.' We're talking about isis as if they're a legitimate business with corporate headquarters somewhere. Isis are terrorists with cells everywhere people! They aren't an elaborate, independent caliphate. They were born out of the arab spring. Isis is an ideology comprised of jihadis sprawling the globe. Any faction is isis. Isis isn't any different than the taliban or hezbollah. It's the same death cult with a slightly different flag. It's islam at its most fundamental level.

I've changed my mind on this case with new info coming out .. I believe this was a terror cell and a number of people knew about it and deserve to be prosecuted. I think he only infiltrated the gay scene because he had a hatred for gays, the club was chosen because he could kill more people easier there than Disneyland and I also believe he had a long term hatred for the LBGTI community.

It's terrorism same as the Paris attacks.

I'm curious have any guys come forward to say they actually had sex with him?

CARIIS, I asked this up thread, but it got buried.

Do you have any thoughts on why none of his hookups have come forward for their 15 minutes, especially with media willing to pay for interviews? If he's been active in the gay community at least 3 years, and on apps like grinder, there must be sex partners out there. Any insight?

I do not think so, yeah a few weirdos came out to claim they were in contact, one from CA and the wives have spoken because they were easy to find but I am sure he did not have gay lovers/relationship but he probably hit gay bath houses or had one night stands/promiscuous sex with strangers that probably do not want any part of the circus that has ensued.

Somebody with a last name like Zircoyankovich (not exactly) gave their name in a news article, not everyone is that dumb, if your last name is Anderson...maybe give out your name...nah I would not even give out my name then. Reporters have to ask for your name to use it.

Haven't there have been a couple who said that he tried to hook up but they didn't?

p
its be like the kiss of death on the local homosexual social scene. anyone who participated with him in homosexual activity risks being shunned by future hookups should it be known they were intimate with the killer

I thought they just said they chatted with him on grinder? And there was the i think high school friend that said he asked him out? So *everyone* rejected him?

I'm curious have any guys come forward to say they actually had sex with him?

I'm not sure.A few people discussed this subject up thread.

I've changed my mind on this case with new info coming out .. I believe this was a terror cell and a number of people knew about it and deserve to be prosecuted. I think he only infiltrated the gay scene because he had a hatred for gays, the club was chosen because he could kill more people easier there than Disneyland and I also believe he had a long term hatred for the LBGTI community.

It's terrorism same as the Paris attacks.

How can you kill more people in a small bar than Disney where there thousands people outside, using a rapid fire weapon .

I knda think that we are looking at the numbers without remembering that I think a lot of victims bled out slowly (as oppossed to him actually killing 50 people in the intial assualt) and we cant rule out some firendly fire issues; with the about of bullets flying around, in a dark, crowded small place.

I'm not sure.A few people discussed this subject up thread.

I think it's because he didn't .. he was fishing around dating apps and clubs, but not for sex IMO, he was simply stalking his prey.

I keep thinking about something I read about when the investigators were inside the club, where many of the bodies were still where they fell, they had to tune out the nightmarish sounds of all of the deceased phones ringing constantly, as loved ones tried to reach them. Reminds me of the story of the firemen's buzzers going off after the towers fell. First responders don't get near enough credit.

How can you kill more people in a small bar than Disney where there thousands people outside, using a rapid fire weapon .

I knda think that we are looking at the numbers without remembering that I think a lot of victims bled out slowly (as oppossed to him actually killing 50 people in the intial assualt) and we cant rule out some firendly fire issues; with the about of bullets flying around, in a dark, crowded small place.

I don't think he could have been sure of course, but it's like farm work (this sounds cold), but you corral them first .. The confines of the club did that for him. People outside can run and scatter.

If he was on the DL and as active as he seemed to be he'd have slept with hundreds of guys IMO. Also I don't think his wife would have willingly dropped her Islamic husband off at the gay bar for a bit of 'hall pass' fun on the side, it makes much more sense that she knew what he was planning and was involved.

This whole thing just makes me so mad! I'm furious at the politicians who tell us they're keeping us safe, but aren't!

I do not know, if I had slept with him 6 months ago I am not sure that I would feel like embarassed. It would not be like I had sex with him knowing he was a future mass shooter.

And I dont think too many guys would think like what a jerk he was ugly -gay, casue we are dealing with two male sex drives, are generally speaking more comfortable wiht having causal sex. the hunt, conquest stuff.

And he would have been, imo appealing physically to men and woman physicaly. Ladies?? Other gay men here? From 30 feet away!!

Now watch the place is gonna nuts!! Ted Bundy was nice looking and look what he was doing you know what I mean !!

No pregaancy issues, and males are def socialized differently as it relates to sex.

A male with a lot of one night stands is a stud, while generally speaking sexually active females end up lableled as *advertiser censored* - generally speaking

same behaiviors , totally different labels moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member