FL - Mass Shooting at Pulse Nightclub, Orlando 12 June 2016 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know which country you reside but islamic terrorism is a global problem, not a western one. There's no stopping it at this point when we can't even name or identify the enemy. We can't stop an attack, we can, however, at least for now, arm ourselves so we're not totally defenseless.

There was an armed officer at Pulse, who exchanged fire with the guy. It didn't stop the attacks.

Each time there is a mass shooting, people rush to buy more guns, but all that 'protection' has not prevented a single mass killing event. IF we could find out how and why these things continue to happen, we may be able to prevent them. I do not love terrorists, I don't want to hug them, I want to stop them. To do that I need to understand what makes them do it.

Guns are not the only answer, or the US would be victim free. There has to be more. How can the countries without guns as an option deal with it? Here in the UK we still see terror attacks, usually bombs not bullets. How would your gun fare against a bomb?

There was an armed officer at Pulse, who exchanged fire with the guy. It didn't stop the attacks.

Each time there is a mass shooting, people rush to buy more guns, but all that 'protection' has not prevented a single mass killing event. IF we could find out how and why these things continue to happen, we may be able to prevent them. I do not love terrorists, I don't want to hug them, I want to stop them. To do that I need to understand what makes them do it.

Guns are not the only answer, or the US would be victim free. There has to be more. How can the countries without guns as an option deal with it? Here in the UK we still see terror attacks, usually bombs not bullets. How would your gun fare against a bomb?

This isn't a debate forum for gun control. You asked a question and I answered by pointing out our current law. But FYI, defenseless people don't deter terror attacks.

I love you too. Pretty sure most everyone here does.

Kind of surprised you are male though. But that's okay. :)

That is so fascinating to me. For years (the name is from when I first stumbled on you all, I did not think I would be here much . Ha)

I hate details - my dogs name was Cari - so i just made it short for Cari is great !

Was on time out - another place for Joey Labute , And that was the first time male came out for me . He was on there ( I knew it was me he was referring to ) . he said the same thing here (he was banned)

It was something like there is this dude on Weblueths who could not spell, type do punctuation . Noone could understand him.

I responded and told him got deficits ! If I spell check every post I would be on page on 8 of the first thread!

Then on the place he said something like dude explained he has troubles , whatever -- I was banned

And as far as gender goes, I do not know exactly what Dexter and I were PMing about . I said something like SIr/Madam, his email back to me was soo funny

It was like I am male , no offense taken we are good - something like that - cracked me up

I am glad I came out on Joey thread!

But is a true crime place. Until others started on Joey thread, what if there is a homophobic serial killer here!!!

I don't know which country you reside but islamic terrorism is a global problem, not a western one. There's no stopping it at this point when we can't even name or identify the enemy. We can't stop an attack, we can, however, at least for now, arm ourselves so we're not totally defenseless.

What does that mean tho? We got friendly fire here IMO, Can you imagine, and I am allowed to say this, some sisters either drunk or on Estasy (!) no I am not saying everyone, but it is there age group, shooting away.

IMO that is not the answer-- being able to kill homosapians back is not addressing the problem moo

Besides a bunch of dudes packing heat , is scarier and far less attractive, than your nice handsome man, with a breifcase !!!

This isn't a debate forum for gun control. You asked a question and I answered by pointing out our current law. But FYI, defenseless people don't deter terror attacks.

Sorry, it wasn't about gun control, it was about responding to the suggestion that you could defend fellow citizens with a gun.

I don't have access to guns in my country, should I expect a terrorist or disillusioned kid to try to kill me?

I was simply pointing out that some of us are not 'terrorist lovers', we are genuinely trying to find solutions within our own legal systems.

I just felt that if I couldn't arm myself then I must be a terrorist lover or too PC to want to prevent such things.

It is indeed a global problem, so global solutions need to encompass global thinking.

I am sorry you felt I was attacking your right to own a gun.

CNN on in background. I would do MSNBC if it was not Trump city! But I cannot beleive they have not said one thing about the car crashing into a funeral thing.

That is morbid.

Omar Mateen and the suicide bomber in Syria attended the same (small) mosque in Florida. Can you even imagine the outrage if, let's say, Dylan Roof and James Holmes attended the same small church in the south‎? That church would be shut down faster than the hug-it-out crew could scream "Ban evil christianity and burn all churches!"

(BBM ^^) I disagree. However, I do think there would be a legitimate outcry for that particular church and minister to be looked at more closely, just as that should be the case here, if true.

MO ~

More weapons, of any kind or shape, all over the place can only lead to more death moo

Omar Mateen and the suicide bomber in Syria attended the same (small) mosque in Florida. Can you even imagine the outrage if, let's say, Dylan Roof and James Holmes attended the same small church in the south‎? That church would be shut down faster than the hug-it-out crew could scream "Ban evil christianity and burn all churches!"

83% of Americans are Christians. I doubt Christianity would be banned or any churches burned. Just look at the support Eric Rudolph got while he was terrorizing the nation.

Lol. Cariis. Great to see you. I was trying to be in stealth mode. Lol.

But I'm too lazy to sign out, Then snoop, and then sign back in again. Lol

Happy Saturday.

Hi Mr charactor. Repectfully to all, I have never understood lurking! I know its a shock , but I am blabby! Why do people do that???

I don't have access to guns in my country, should I expect a terrorist or disillusioned kid to try to kill me?

Yes, you should. The USA is the only country where citizens are allowed to carry, yet terror attacks happen everywhere. Terrorists don't need guns to kill, however. We lost 3,000 on 9-11 and not a single shot was fired.

I didn't feel attacked. I just find it horrific that some believe it's a waste of time for people to attempt to defend themselves.

Yes eccentric. The whole thing is bizarre.

But if someone targets and shoots 100 of your own then it is time to stop making excuses, it means there is a freaking problem even if the problem isn't PC.

The LGBT crowd isn't dumb, but if they act like they are others will step up and do our best to protect American lives.

Yes, those evil white conservative straight folks WILL defend the lives of the LGBT community even if y'all won't because it isn't PC. Why is this country a leader in lgtb rights? Because we hate you? Families argue about all sorts of stuff. If we weren't family we wouldn't be arguing, you wouldn't have a voice. Wake up!

If you think your Islamic friends will defend you go check out an Islamic country, Afghanistan or Saudi Arabia, or any of the others that follows sharia law and let me know how that works out.

JMO but this is incredibly disrespectful to Muslims who have served or are serving in the US military. Especially those who paid with their lives. I've served along side Muslims and I can promise you they are as dedicated and work as hard as ANY other soldier when it comes to defending our nation and its people.

Who was Omar Mateen's leader?

I was responding to a post that stated that killing is something that people do to each other.

So someone who kills is out of the normal for a human being. Did Adam Lanza have a leader, for instance? Did
Ted Bundy?

Another debunk of ISIS paying for his 4 star hotel

This expains the 4 star hotel

Mateen and three others believed to be his family members

What would he do to get away from his family to go (nothing like that has been found) get terrorism training on that visit

I don't trust his family members either and the FBI must not trust his father nor his wife since they both have been added to the 'no fly' list. I didn't think they would advertise they were going over to learn how to become a terrorist or perhaps a fanatical Imam. I don't think either of his family members are that stupid. Most of these terrorists pretend they are going to middle eastern countries for legitimate purposes when they aren't.

I think the FBI is going to investigate this trip very closely.

Seems the only thing I can do is, feel sad for those involved, donate to help those affected, and wait for the next one.

Feeling helpless is horrible.

However my doors are closed, my coffee is fresh and I am ready to go googling for answers to my personal questions about when does a person turn the corner from anti-social to killer.

Hate math. This is math. Look at this nations numbers as it relates to deaths.

This is like coming up with the answer to the sitution is keep adding alternators, to the car that wont start

If the problem is the carborater - car aint gonna start if we keep putiing in alternaters.

or

Whoppers can cause high cholestrol . So is the answer to keep cholestrol down , eat more Whoppers ?

Just look at what we are doing- is it getting better? No white domestic mass shooters are doing it more and more.

So whatever it is we think are doing , aint working moo

He talked to some guy that went to same school and on occasion mosque, this is not a terrorist deal, this is someone in the same class and mosque! Who said hello hi are you.

There is no electronic stuff that these guys were planning a jihadist terrorist attack - why the FBI moved on

and that stuff the FBI (electronic) is what the FBI excells at. There is no reason , in both instances with OM, that if they found something that indicated terrorist plotting that would not move in , other than they saw no evidence .

Posted this a bit ago, they were recording his phones. IMO totally press error in effort to hold on to viewers- people line up at the boxoffice to watch these kind of stories!!

And hey lets all be honest Sam Bern was interesting as all the complication stuff was revealed

imo this is , like so much of this , media hype

and he did have a criminal histroy, (battering/ violence not terrorism) it was expunged , Posted last thread

mooo

IDK about all that, when you have a DHS person who had researched for yrs and had his information on terrorists scrubbed you can never be too sure that this guy wasn't already on a watch list and just got scrubbed...Now why would our president do such a thing?

I was responding to a post that stated that killing is something that people do to each other.

So someone who kills is out of the normal for a human being. Did Adam Lanza have a leader, for instance? Did
Ted Bundy?

Neither Adam Lanza NOR Ted Bundy screamed "I am doing this for ISIS" during the murders.

If they tell you why they want to kill you, believe them.

If they tell you what they are, believe that too.

I don't trust his family members either and the FBI must not trust his father nor his wife since they both have been added to the 'no fly' list. I didn't think they would advertise they were going over to learn how to become a terrorist or perhaps a fanatical Imam. I don't think either of his family members are that stupid. Most of these terrorists pretend they are going to middle eastern countries for legitimate purposes when they aren't.

I think the FBI is going to investigate this trip very closely.

They have- and quit doing so for reason!! Not guilty your honor. That is how AMerica works!!

I think the simple numbers that clearly state that white domestic terrorists are killing more americans than anyone else is to close to home.

Let just go blow and murder (casue some of us are getting murdered) all Muslims.

That is totally ignoring the reality that people all over the world now want to kill us, is becasue we have been killing their families by thousands for what 15 years?

The cause of this, is we have been doing that. So if the solution is to ramp that up - the conclusion that would take care of the problem makes no sense IMO.

Lets pretend we go murder an entire race. To keep us safe. If we want to be safer numbers wise, we really should be killing all white american males between 19-25.

They are killing more than anyone else.

If we accept that that is the reality then it really comes down, to , for lack of a better word " our fault" as a society....................

check the statistics...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member