FL - Mass Shooting at Pulse Nightclub, Orlando 12 June 2016 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can't negate the threat of terrorism, but we can try not to play into criminal groups' hands by crediting them with "leadership" and eating up their propaganda.....which is exactly what they want and is how they continue to find their supporters and or "soldiers". they have labeled themselves, except that they think that they are "fundamentalists". Their followers are not looking for Koranic "purity"......they are attracted to the convenient justification these criminals offer for their acts of torture sadism and barbarism against the human race...with the special reward of entering paradise after their "martyrdom" They all look forward to their glorious deaths by their version of "jihad"........except the instigators, who don't really want to die and stay in hiding, cowards that they are. JMO

Speak up if you know anyone talking this stuff or feels wronged by others while being in our country. jmo

Dad had the biggest influence on these horrible horrible murders, so far. Bad, bad kid in school. Bully.

jmo
I agree see something, say something. Sadly though, it didn't work here. He was on the radar. Our broken pipe isn't on the common level. It's upstairs in the Executive bathroom so to speak.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I found that page pretty unhelpful. It does tell us "If there's an emergency call 911."

It tells us "Report suspicious activity to local law enforcement." I should call the little PD in my little town? Really? I would think the FBI would a more appropriate agency to call if I'm aware of someone whom I suspect to be a terrorist.
I don't know the number, but I always thought if it's a matter of national security we should call Homeland Security? Now I have to look it up. Let's get signage on all the trains and bus stops with this number. We talk a big game about national security and terrorism but only a year or so after 9/11 mist of us forgot what were supposed to do. I live in the State of NY and I forgot.

That is not my point. My point is he was living a delusion that he was some great martyr. Holmes was obsessed with BatMan. It is the same kind of thing. They live in their minds.

Snipped for focus and BBM.

I believe that he was indeed a great martyr. He believed himself to be one, he sacrificed himself for his cause, and ISIS is pleased with his sacrifice. It wasn't a delusion; it was in fact martyrdom in the name of Islamic terrorism.

I want to mention that I've followed this thread from day one and lurked for the most part. I respect everyone here and I hope no one gets irked at me. You are all eloquent, and a pleasure to disagree with.

I agree see something, say something. Sadly though, it didn't work here. He was on the radar. Our broken pipe isn't on the common level. It's upstairs in the Executive bathroom so to speak.

Yes indeed. How many people over the years saw something and said something about the Islamic terrorist Omar Mateen? And yet ..... He still managed to carry out his evil attack, killing 49 people and injuring about 50 more in the name of Islamic terrorism.

Something is definitely broken in the "see something say something" pipeline.

Normal people will not kill or physically harm innocent people who are minding their own business, living their lives.

This miscreant radical Islamic terrorist may have had some mental heath issues. I don't know if that's true yet. If it's somehow found that he had some mental health problems do you feel that his acts are justified because of that?

If he had survived would a mental health defense be appropriate?

(BBM^^) I would answer no and no to your two questions; No matter what mental illness issues OM may have had, he clearly understood that the violent act he was about to commit and committed was criminally and legally wrong, evidenced in the planning and preparation process beforehand. IMO. Here's the thing, recognizing and discussing potential mental illness issues does not equate to excusing someone from their actions. It is and needs to be looked at in the hope that we may be able to prevent future incidents.

I believe that he was indeed a great martyr. He believed himself to be one, he sacrificed himself for his cause, and ISIS is pleased with his sacrifice. It wasn't a delusion; it was in fact martyrdom in the name of Islamic terrorism.

They would be especially pleased to know that you and millions of others feel that way. You have been successfully terrorized, and are suspicious of muslims in general. They want to terrorize populations to turn on each other and wage "Holy war" This is their purpose. JMO

(BBM^^) I would answer no and no to your two questions; No matter what mental illness issues OM may have had, he clearly understood that the violent act he was about to commit and committed was criminally and legally wrong, evidenced in the planning and preparation process beforehand. IMO. Here's the thing, recognizing and discussing potential mental illness issues does not equate to excusing someone from their actions. It is and needs to be looked at in the hope that we may be able to prevent future incidents.

Great post!

I think we should discuss all aspects of what was or what might have been going on in his head. Being bullied or spanked, having a mood disorder, flunking out of college - whatever- doesn't excuse or make okay what he did, nor does it mean he's not guilty. But everything in him was part of the story of how he came to be an awful man and a terrorist who committed a horrible crime.

They would be especially pleased to know that you and millions of others feel that way. You have been successfully terrorized, and are suspicious of muslims in general. They want to terrorize populations to turn on each other and wage "Holy war" This is their purpose. JMO

Put another way, 'successfully indoctrinated into the mindset of victimhood and a culture of fear and hatred'.

Yep. Terrorists are getting a great ROI.

JMO

Put another way, 'successfully indoctrinated into the mindset of victimhood and a culture of fear and hatred'.

IMO the victimhood mindset is one of the reasons some people want this to only be a terrorist attack instead of a terrorist attack and a hate crime. They don't like feeling left out.

JMO

All but three of the casualties were civilians; a police officer received a minor eye injury when a bullet hit his helmet, while the gunman was killed in the shootout, and an ununiformed United States Army Reservecaptain was killed.

90% were of Hispanic background, and half of the Hispanics were of Puerto Rican descent

FBI special agent Ron Hopper called the attack both terrorism and a hate crime[SUP][114][/SUP] andOrange County Sheriff Jerry Demings classified the incident as domestic terrorism.[SUP][

[/SUP]Just before 5:00 a.m., Mateen entered the bathroom stall where the hostages were hiding and fired three shots, killing one person..... killed in the gunfight, which involved eleven officers.[SUP][39][/SUP]
Five minutes later, police said a bomb squad had set off a controlled explosion.[SUP][15][/SUP][SUP][32][/SUP] ..........Thirty hostages were freed during the police operation searched by police for guns and explosives.[SUP][25]

Thirty-nine, including the gunman, were pronounced dead at the scene, and eleven at local hospitals

Two dozen news agencies have jointly demanded the release of recordings of 9-1-1 calls made on the night of the shootings. Orlando Police have refused to release the tapes citing an "ongoing investigation"[/SUP]

wiki

I don't think his mental issues, if he had any, is relevant.

It is very clear he had cognitive thought to carefully plan and carryout this Islamic attack.

To me he is no different than many others who did the same who absolutely knew right from wrong at the time of their murders. Even psychopaths know what they are doing is wrong but they just don't give a damn just like Mateen didn't.

If he had lived to be tried he wouldn't have been deemed criminal insane, imo. He certainly knew right from wrong. His actions both before, and during shows that. In fact he seemed eerily calm as if the murders meant nothing to him whatsoever which tends to make me think he was a psychopath with no conscience or remorse. He simply was on a kill mission filled with radical Islamic hate to eradicate as many of the infidels has he possibly could, and that is what he did.

IMO the victimhood mindset is one of the reasons some people want this to only be a terrorist attack instead of a terrorist attack and a hate crime. They don't like feeling left out.

JMO

You think? I have the feeling it's the other way 'round. The victim status of gays if this is nothing but a hate crime vs. an attack on all Americans and all infidels if it's Islamic terrorism.

Islamic terrorism targets all infidels. Gay people. Cartoonists. Office workers. Concertgoers. Travelers. Sports fans. Islamic terrorists do seem to hate gays with extra passion, but the reality is, they hate all infidels and they attack them all.

Exactly! Imagine the joy they feel when they see the terror. The wringing of hands and the gnashing of teeth. What a victory for them

JMO

I have always felt any Islamic terrorist attacks are hate crimes. It is the hate for the infidel that motivates them.

Exactly! Imagine the joy they feel when they see the terror. The wringing of hands and the gnashing of teeth. What a victory for them

Sadly, I have imagined the joy they feel when they see dozens of innocents lying dead. It is a victory for them. I don't believe that joy is something to be mocked.

You think? I have the feeling it's the other way 'round. The victim status of gays if this is nothing but a hate crime vs. an attack on all Americans and all infidels if it's Islamic terrorism.

Islamic terrorism targets all infidels. Gay people. Cartoonists. Office workers. Concertgoers. Travelers. Sports fans. Islamic terrorists do seem to hate gays with extra passion, but the reality is, they hate all infidels and they attack them all.

I didn't say hate crime vs. terrorism. I said it's both, but there are people who, imo, want to present it as only a terrorist attack because they are straight and don't want to feel excluded.

They are so pleased with Mateen they made him the star of a new recruiting campaign video. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa