Verdict: GUILTY for both Millard and Smich of 1st degree murder #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also from that same article, DM sold and used cocaine.

Millard's friend*Michalski*provided a stark look into Millard's affinity for drugs —*both using them and selling them.
"Dell used heroin once. Cocaine, we all did it,"*

I wonder how Smich got the money to deal crack ? Considering he had none. Think he made it from Dell's coke?

As a defence lawyer, NS didn't have to prove his assertion. Probably why Judge Goodman stopped him short as it related to character without proof.

Also from that same article, DM sold and used cocaine.

Millard's friend*Michalski*provided a stark look into Millard's affinity for drugs —*both using them and selling them.
"Dell used heroin once. Cocaine, we all did it,"*

I wonder how Smich got the money to deal crack ? Considering he had none. Think he made it from Dell's coke?

I wonder who DM was getting all the weed and hard drugs from.

Add that to the list of character references no one is biased about lol MOO

i have to admit that I know nothing about the characters of Smich or Millard other than the fact that they decided to murder Tim Bosma for no reason other than perhaps a thrill kill. If all they wanted was a truck, they could have stolen his truck while he was sleeping.

Does anything else about their miserable lives matter?

i have to admit that I know nothing about the characters of Smich or Millard other than the fact that they decided to murder Tim Bosma for no reason other than perhaps a thrill kill. If all they wanted was a truck, they could have stolen his truck while he was sleeping.

Does anything else about their miserable lives matter?

You don't? So you skipped through 4.5 months of trial?

Not exactly. I got all my updates about the case via the news.
And the news reported about both DM and MS lifestyles over and over again. Millionaire heir to the Millard aviation, and the wanna be gangster rapper. I guess you missed that part. I'd link some articles but they are everywhere :)

And the news reported about both DM and MS lifestyles over and over again. Millionaire heir to the Millard aviation, and the wanna be gangster rapper. I guess you missed that part. I'd link some articles but they are everywhere :)

I don't think much was said about lifestyles. Millard was identified as the youngest person to fly a plane and a helicopter on the same day at the age of 14. His father's airline company had gone bankrupt prior to his suicide (later investigated as a murder). Smich is Millard's friend. Millard's mother helped hide the truck after Tim's murder. Smich and Millard incinerated Tim. Laura Babcock's disappearance was finally investigated. It was all fairly general information specific to the investigation - nothing about selling crack cocaine. Selling crack cocaine doesn't seem to have anything to do with the murder.

I don't think much was said about lifestyles. Millard was identified as the youngest person to fly a plane and a helicopter on the same day at the age of 14. His father's airline company had gone bankrupt prior to his suicide (later investigated as a murder). Smich is Millard's friend. Millard's mother helped hide the truck after Tim's murder. Smich and Millard incinerated Tim. Laura Babcock's disappearance was finally investigated. It was all fairly general information specific to the investigation - nothing about selling crack cocaine. Selling crack cocaine doesn't seem to have anything to do with the murder.

Neither did rap lyrics, past petty crime, drug dealing, asking his ex to strip, or anything else that was unrelated etc etc etc.

Neither did rap lyrics, past petty crime, drug dealing, asking his ex to strip, or anything else that was unrelated etc etc etc.

Lyrics written by Smich in the two weeks after the murder were mentioned because the lyrics are a statement by the accused regarding his state of mind after the murder.

Lyrics written by Smich in the two weeks after the murder were mentioned because the lyrics are a statement by the accused regarding his state of mind after the murder.
Rap lyrics as per instructions from the judge are not to be considered, however they were allowed to be seen.

Rap lyrics as per instructions from the judge are not to be considered, however they were allowed to be seen.

And they were mentioned on the news at the time of the verdict because they speak to Smich's state of mind after the murder. I suppose they help the community understand the viciousness of the personalities behind the murder of Tim Bosma.

Respectfully, the media and the public referred to Smich as Millard's wanna-be gangster, petty criminal, low life loser druggie sidekick for the entire trial. If you look at news articles and even past WS threads, it's everywhere. Including inside the courtroom. If you did not form a bias, that is great. But I assure you others did. MOO
Thankfully, the jury wasn't supposed to be watching the media/news while on the jury so they wouldn't have been exposed to this during the trial at all.

Thankfully, the jury wasn't supposed to be watching the media/news while on the jury so they wouldn't have been exposed to this during the trial at all.
No they were just exposed to it directly in the courtroom instead as I said in my post

No they were just exposed to it directly in the courtroom instead as I said in my post

Who introduced the lyrics that Smich wrote shortly after murdering Tim Bosma?

If the jury could not consider the lyrics as evidence, then how could the prosecution introduce the evidence?

Sorry folks .. screenshots only allowed from MSM and LE social media; no others.

:wave:

Who introduced the lyrics that Smich wrote shortly after murdering Tim Bosma?

If the jury could not consider the lyrics as evidence, then how could the prosecution introduce the evidence?

I thought the rap lyrics were written before TB's murder and edited shortly after? Or am I confused again...

As I head off to bed, I felt the need to re-post the link to NoodlesMcGee's important post from earlier today, and later referenced by Ashley96.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...f-1st-degree-murder-2&p=12643154#post12643154

The link in NoodlesMcGee's post references R. v. Earhart, 2010 ONCA 874

IMO, it is a valuable tool that each one of us could benefit from, while trying to gain a better understanding of the legal rulings that were made in this trial. Truly a "must read", IMO, because of its direct relationship this trial, in particular a cut-throat defence.

IMHO, I am hoping, too, that some of our discussions might include thoughts/opinions on the many aspects of this investigation and trial that were, IMO, outstanding, perhaps not often seen in other investigations/trials, and, IMO, deserving of reflection and praise, such as the dedication of LE, who began their investigation immediately after speaking with Sharlene.

What are your thoughts? What aspects of this particular investigation/trial do you consider to be remarkable and/or praiseworthy?

As always, MHO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There are big hints that MS is not a cuddly guy:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/tim-bosma-trial-what-the-jury-didnt-hear-1.3631268

Crack is an ugly drug to get involved with. Your clients have little to no money, they smoke up any money they have immediately, and when they go into withdrawal they are willing to do do pretty much anything with no moral boundaries.

Of all the addictions on the street, people look down the most on those addicted to crack. Likewise, those who deal in it aren't respected, because they simply hang around the absolute wrong kind of people. Uncontrollable, untrustworthy, predatory people. Yet a crack dealer has to manage them somehow. They have to be tougher than a crack addict - and let me tell you that is some tough.

If it's true, MS probably had a significantly higher and steadier income, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288