TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
All 3 of the threads I follow have no new info because they all are being handled by the FEDS. Bummer. I need a new diversion.JMO

do you have a link to those posts?

BB previously had his Facebook public, so many members read there. It has since been closed (made Private)

So members cannot link to or discuss current content even if they had some means of seeing it.

All 3 of the threads I follow have no new info because they all are being handled by the FEDS. Bummer. I need a new diversion.JMO

Same here. Let me know if you find anything.

(Snipped by me)

You definitely missed it. Her side of the family has been criticized on here for not speaking up... A number of times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have read every post on every thread on this MB case and I have never seen that at all. It has been mentioned that MB's family of origin has not spoken to the press, but it was never posted as a criticism. You say MB's family has been criticized "a number of times" - do you have a link or at least a certain thread for this assertion? Thank in advance.

It's even more of a coincidence Slaughter arrest was Friday, April 15, and MB was murdered sunday/Monday April 18. Wonder how LE got on their tails and/or if MB played a part in it or if they thought she did. Jones is pretty short and stocky it appears IMO.

Could this be why BB was concerned about her safety? Was he aware she was involved in turning in dirty cops IF she did?

No, nobody needed to turn the first cop (Slaughter) in; he burned himself. He flubbed badly by trying to pawn locally the ECSO property room guns which were involved in a still-open burglary investigation, and so he was arrested within days of their opening an investigation on him:

The investigation began in April when the Ennis Police Department contacted the Ellis County Sheriff’s Office to inform them an officer had recovered a Colt revolver at Ennis Pawn that had been reported stolen by the ECSO, according to an arrest warrant.

The name on the pawn receipt was Philip Gary Slaughter II, according to the warrant, who had also pawned two additional firearms on April 5.

Slaughter resigned from the ECSO on March 28, 2016 as the Criminal Investigations Division Lieutenant, records show.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Two-Ellis-Co-Deputies-Pawned-Stolen-Guns-Warrant-378226161.html

Slaughter was arrested April 15. Once the ECSO realized Slaughter was involved, they asked the Texas Rangers to take over the investigation (investigating corruption is a big part of what they do). The Texas Rangers quickly discovered Slaughter's co-conspirator, Thomas Glen Smith, and arrested him on May 3.

So Missy didn't need to rat out anyone concerning stolen guns - the system set in place to recover stolen property when pawned did so. Why two people familiar with the system thought they could get away with this is curious, but that's besides the point. These two sealed their own fate - the guns came up as stolen property when pawned, and the pawn ticket had the first cop's name on it.

If Missy was targeted or killed for something she knew, I believe it was peripheral to the stolen guns. If she discovered illegal sales, it was far more likely, given her circles, that she would have discovered something about illegal steroid selling than any stolen ECSO property room guns. Normally such a revelation wouldn't be seen as dangerous knowledge. **But if that steroid use and selling was also tied in to stolen property room evidence (eg. steroids stored in the ECSO property room as evidence in drug busts), THEN her leaking that sort of illegal drug activity info might open up a dirty-cop can of worms about the stolen guns as well - a domino-effect.

Philip Gary Slaughter was in charge of the property room from October 2015 to November 2015. A search executed on his mobile home unearthed 17 guns as well as illegal steroids. If Slaughter and the other dirty cop (Smith) didn't see their arrest coming regarding the pawned guns, but discovered in April that someone had discovered illegal steroid use by one of their clients and was wrestling with reporting it, they (and whoever else might also be involved) might have serious incentive to shut her up - IF such a drug revelation would open up a more widespread LE and/or community leadership corruption in Ellis County, end their careers, send them to prison, and destroy their families' lives. Convicted cops do not fare well in prison.

The Texas Rangers' investigation into all this is still ongoing.

JMO, as usual.

I think it was a compliment. In other words, "Missy was so full of life and always doing something. Never an idle moment. But she always still made sure her family was well taken care of by making good use of her crock pot!"

Respectfully, I disagree. I think she was berating her after death.

perhaps, since you have experience with grieving families, all families grieve differently- correct? This family is in the national spotlight, have 3 alert and aware children, had a loved one punctured while going to work, find social communication looking "intimate"- sorry but the circumstances here MAY be different with a lot of complex feelings at work.
In general folks are making fair comments and observations from interviews but they are in a precarious position and everyone wants to hear from them- why?To assess their level of guilt. IMO Just remember when arrests come down the line (and they will) what was said about a family grieving in the national spotlight.

It has been my experience after 26 years of Nursing and LE experience, that silent family members are grievers, loud ones are not to be trusted. Guilty dog barks first. Sorry. It has just been my experience. 90% of the time.

I have read every post on every thread on this MB case and I have never seen that at all. It has been mentioned that MB's family of origin has not spoken to the press, but it was never posted as a criticism. You say MB's family has been criticized "a number of times" - do you have a link or at least a certain thread for this assertion? Thank in advance.

I believe they were all removed by a mod. It was mentioned several times however I believe all of those posts were made by pot stirs and some were placed in time out etc for it and the posts were removed.

Sent from my iPhone

Come on over to the Sidney Moorer trial.

It has been my experience after 26 years of Nursing and LE experience, that silent family members are grieves, loud ones are not to be trusted. Guilty dog barks first. Sorry. It has just been my experience. 90% of the time.

interesting. When my friend died under mysterious circumstances, I couldn't even speak. I barely could function. I'm not sure how I would be able to pull myself together to speak to the media.
But I'm not a natural extrovert either.

JMO I saw manipulation, micro-management, and deep resentment, from day one. I never sensed grief. JMO ETA I am SOOOO glad that Missy's mom showed up right away. I hope that she is still there, for the kids.

I 100% concur cady. If BB mouthed to MT about affair(s) etc. I can see why she has an attitude. It has always struck me as VICTIM mentality on BB's part. <modsnip>

yes, esp. from MT more than anyone else. Sometimes MIL's can be overly protective of their son. Now, BB was murdered and she thought MB's lover committed the crime it would make much more sense.
Yes something is off with that relationship, she is odd!!!

interesting. When my friend died under mysterious circumstances, I couldn't even speak. I barely could function. I'm not sure how I would be able to pull myself together to speak to the media.
But I'm not a natural extrovert either.

Same here xfiles. Take for example war stories. The people I know who were in the worst battles won't talk. Others on the periphery all mouthy. Lesson to be learned I think.

still working on eye pictures...and please just scroll/roll if you are viewing pics from a phone or small tablet. You really need to be on a Desktop or have a good graphics card to see the eye details.

Here is the shot I took the screen capture from (from the MPD surveillance video)

walk to audit 8.jpg

and here are the eyes from that screencapture (and also remember that the killer has something covering the forehead/nose/cheeks.)

walk to audit for Websleuths.png

still looks like CT to me

Regardless of who spoke, what they said, etc., those who did speak threw themselves in the limelight and chatter mill.

I don't see worried about safety out of any who spoke out to media.

My example showed they get criticized regardless of what they do. When they don't say anything, people are asking how come they're not keeping her case out there and why have they shut down their social media. When they do speak, they get criticized because they're not saying what we think they should say and how we think they should say it. It is no win for them.

I disagree. Missy's parents and her side of the family have said nothing. I haven't seen a post
in all these pages of posts where they were criticized for not speaking.
Please correct me if I'm wrong, I may have just missed it.

Anytime someone gets in front of a camera there is always a bit of scrutiny, whether it be from media itself or the
general public. And especially here I would think.
Speaking to the media helps LE too, its when no one is talking LE seems to get stuck if its not an open & shut case.

I gave you specific examples of them being criticized for not speaking and being criticized for speaking. What is there to disagree with? They have been criticized when they speak and criticized when they don't speak. It is irrefutable.

It has been my experience after 26 years of Nursing and LE experience, that silent family members are grievers, loud ones are not to be trusted. Guilty dog barks first. Sorry. It has just been my experience. 90% of the time.

Well just from following WS since HG's case (RIP, Hanna) I will share a humble observation- remember the beautiful Doctor, TS, from FL who was killed- her husband refused to say 1 word, and rather obnoxiously, I might add. Well, he is up for the death penalty as we speak. Hard to represent human nature that easily I am afraid. Your experience is appreciated but nothing is black and white. IMO

No new leads :(
Anyone think LE is any closer to an arrest?

Sent from my Nexus 7

I think they have much more information than they are willing to share at the moment. The cell tower info. to be analyzed by the NYPD, as an example. That could be very telling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member