TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. But, "team" could have been as few as two......I DO think that swatperp didn't pull this off alone. But I really see a conspiracy. I will be really surprised, if the actual killer was just someone who agreed to kill Missy. Lots of risk involved in breaking into the church, being seen in swat outfit on cameras, etc etc. I think that this murder regardless of "place" was arranged so that "the usual suspects" had guaranteed alibis. We know that BB and RB have "place" alibis......so the killer is not either of them. But that is all we know about any alibis. And we know nothing about who may have been involved in a conspiracy to ELIMINATE Missy. JMO

I am not even sure if SP is the actual killer anymore. I am beginning to wonder if SP's sole job was to be a decoy - to be VISIBLE to the camera. In doing so, SP is drawing all the attention.... creating a body type of the killer and so on.

All the reasons off the top of my head (and from many posters) for not a burglary for theft:

-excessive costuming and gear unnecessary to the task and inhibiting of task of burglary
-wore boots for a fight instead of shoes for running, potential flight
-no bag noted to carry stolen items
-recon of SWFA cameras to avoid detection, with
-failure to recon CoC activities for hour of burglary, activity that occurred for 7.5 months on Mondays at that hour
-statistically odd hour for burglary
-burglar goal is theft and avoid arrest, so likely to flee if discovered, with
-overkill nature of murder to ensure death, instead of bash unconscious/immobilize and flee
-vandalism that does not lead to theft of property, seems purposeless
-arrives with B&E tools for exterior break in
-locates and uses CoC tools in the interior, unnecessary, waste of time
-time spent in kitchen (searching for tools as murder weapons?)
-general purposeless and slow wandering
-excessive calm, followed by extreme violence, return to clear enough thinking to escape undetected
-no reports of crazed fleeing like a speeding car, for an aborted burglary
-no property taken from CoC
-no property taken from MB
-most CoC receipts from collections are in the form of checks and electronic, only small cash amounts
-unknown, but most churches do not keep collections at church overnight, or would have safe
-apparently not a local burglar known to police (the usual suspects round up has produced nothing)
-illogical to avoid arrest for burglary to trade-up to murder during burglary felony

Please add! Thanks.

Are you local? If so, you likely have more candidates than the rest of us. If you're using only the list on the SW, it may be a little limiting.
No, not local. One of my suspects name doesn't appear anywhere on this forum based on a search, though..

Just a point to ponder, one of MB's associates was interested in cosplay though...

Everyone should watch the new Brainscratch!

I just watched it and there is absolutely no new information there. I haven't followed as close as most but close enough to know it's the same old stuff. What am I missing?

Would a broken "mirror" be equivalent to broken "glass"?

IMO I've always suspected the murder happened in the restrooms. Lots of mirror to break during a struggle...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just watched it and there is absolutely no new information there. I haven't followed as close as most but close enough to know it's the same old stuff. What am I missing?

Nothing. Where you at, Cher Bebe'? Lafayette? Rayne?

Neither phone or I-pad stolen. And I suspect there was several hundred+ in audio if this was a typical outdoor workout gig. LE has seen much of SP's movements and commented that a lot of them seemed without purpose; they hung out there for half hour or something like that. Having nothing to carry the loot in and taking nothing. This guy would make finals of the "America's Dumbest Criminals" TV show if he/she was there to steal something. A vandal/strung out kid, possibly. But thieves generally steal something.

BINGO! No way this was a robbery. Crime of passion. Hired hit. IMO

All the reasons off the top of my head (and from many posters) for not a burglary for theft:

-excessive costuming and gear unnecessary to the task and inhibiting of task of burglary
-failure to recon CoC activities for hour of burglary, activity that occurred for 7.5 months on Mondays at that hour
-overkill nature of murder to ensure death, instead of bash unconscious/immobilize and flee
-excessive calm, followed by extreme violence, return to clear enough thinking to escape undetected
-most CoC receipts from collections are in the form of checks and electronic, only small cash amounts
-unknown, but most churches do not keep collections at church overnight, or would have safe
-apparently not a local burglar known to police (the usual suspects round up has produced nothing)
-illogical to avoid arrest for burglary to trade-up to murder during burglary felony

Please add! Thanks.

I'll go through this:
True, but it also has worked to conceal the identity.

We don't know what kind of shoes were worn.

LE has never said there wasn't a bag. We don't know.

We don't know if the perp reconned SWFA

True, but it is also the most likely time to rob a church because of the collections.

Statistically, the most likely time to rob a church.

Fear that Missy would call 911 and be caught. It would be there 3rd strike and they don't want to go to prison.

Maybe

True, vandalism seems purposeless but vandalism still happens frequently.

How is a robber supposed to get in?

Sometimes, robbers fix themselves a meal and watch the television.

Irrelevant

If it doesn't make sense for a robber, it doesn't make sense for a murderer, either.

See above.

Perhaps, not seen or there were reports and we don't know. But also, if it doesn't make sense for a robber, it doesn't make sense for a murderer, either.i

Because it was interrupted.

Because it was interrupted and avoiding arrest became more important than robbery.

Link?

We don't know what they do with their collections and the robber may not have known either.

This is the first I've heard that the usual suspects were rounded up. Link?

Criminals do illogical things. It is illogical to rob a church and it is illogical to murder Missy.

Love the dialogue, interest, passion, sleuthing on this subject.
Disappointed in the snark. It gets old. JMO.

I agree. It doesn't matter if SP is male or female, heavy or thin, targeted or not, ambushed or not, one knows for sure (except for LE I hope) and it isn't about us, or *our pride* in what we believe, it is about Missy!

Justice for Missy! :loveyou:

About the only point I thought was pretty interesting is that SP was trying to open a locked door with a pry bar in the jam (extremely difficult to pull off - unless you're like Dwane Johnson). Any one with any basic construction acumen would have realized that most of the hinges were facing the hallway and it would have been much much easier just to pop out the hinge pin.
-a burglar who doesn't know that sledgehammering that back door handle sideways won't open it -a burglar who doesn't know to pop out hinge pins and instead uses a pry bar in the jam -Dutch door surprise Thanks. There seems to have been a lot of this kind of activity by SP.

Would a broken "mirror" be equivalent to broken "glass"?

IMO I've always suspected the murder happened in the restrooms. Lots of mirror to break during a struggle...

the restroom............that would explain the lack of video

About the only point I thought was pretty interesting is that SP was trying to open a locked door with a pry bar in the jam (extremely difficult to pull off - unless you're like Dwane Johnson). Any one with any basic construction acumen would have realized that most of the hinges were facing the hallway and it would have been much much easier just to pop out the hinge pin.

Except, that assumes that getting each door open was a high priority, and so important that he would have taken the time to remove hinges if he had only thought of it. But do we have any reason to think that opening every door was that important to him? Or was he just seeing what he could open fairly quickly and easily, with no more than a bit of effort?

the restroom............that would explain the lack of video
Yes it does, and I think it is a very likely place for MB to have been found.

While anything is possible, there is what is probable. The more improbablities in a situation, the less likely it becomes.

Now why would a burglar be in the southwest restrooms - looking for something to steal there? (Not directed at you or anyone, just a general query of thoughts.)

If the SP was a burglar, who didn't know there was a CG class at that hour every Monday, and was inside looking for things to steal for at least 30 minutes already - how probable is it that he realized someone had arrived at the porte cochere doors with headlights, that someone had entered the building, out of the entire empty and dark building and wearing a disguise, SP jumped into a SW restroom obstensibly to hide instead of fleeing out the back unseen, only to have MB then inadvertently then enter that same exact restroom resulting in MB's murder?

LE made it clear that MB walked in the direction where SP was - how did SP manage to be exactly where MB would go in that large building and what burglar would want to be there stuck in a SW room unable to escape? If it's a botched burglary and fleeing became more important than taking loot, then why not just skip the murder part and flee immediately, also without loot, when they thought someone had arrived?

JMO but the improbabilities keep adding one on top of the other and it starts to look like a lightning strike from a cloudless sky, or a drowning on dry land.

Here's the one from Nancy Grace (I believe):

attachment.php

ETA: Correcting my earlier post, looks like there were only 2 interior cams in that SW corner - the third cam I was remembering was an exterior one just outside the SW doors (and not functioning).

ETA again: yes, borrowed much from Arkansasmimi (slightly different SW cam placement with 2 NE cams also noted and less other room detail, so that's why I used NG's version)

Does that box at the bottom right of the map represent the restrooms? IIRC, LE said that she was found in the SW corner and not the SW portion of the building. I always assumed that MB was found in an open area because the campers found her right at the time class was supposed to start. If MB was murdered in the restroom, that's a lot of people needing to use the restroom (MB, the campers, and SP).

Also, if MB was killed in the restroom, how would SP have avoided being caught on camera after exiting the restroom?

While anything is possible, there is what is probable. The more improbablities in a situation, the less likely it becomes.

Now why would a burglar be in the southwest restrooms - looking for something to steal there? (Not directed at you or anyone, just a general query of thoughts.)

If the SP was a burglar, who didn't know there was a CG class at that hour every Monday, and was inside looking for things to steal for at least 30 minutes already - how probable is it that he realized someone had arrived at the porte cochere doors with headlights, had entered the building, that of the entire empty and dark building and wearing a disguise, SP jumped into a SW restroom obstensibly to hide instead of fleeing out the back unseen, only to have MB inadvertently then enter that same exact restroom resulting in MB's murder?

LE made it clear that MB walked in the direction where SP was - how did SP manage to be exactly where MB would go in that large building and what burglar would want to be there? If it's a botched burglary and fleeing became more important than taking loot, then why not just skip the murder part and flee immediately without loot?

Respectfully BBM.

I couldn't agree with your logic anymore. However, even if MB was not found in the restroom, the chances of SP and MB just happening to run into each other are still negligible. SP would have had the opportunity to flee despite where he/she first encountered MB. Please remember that it was dumping rain outside; there is a high probably that MB's shoes were squeaking as she walked down the quiet hallway.

ETA - I am circling back to my above post. If MB was actually found in the restroom, I am wondering why LE would have originally thought it was a botched burglary. I still think that she was in an open area (maybe the vestibule).

About the only point I thought was pretty interesting is that SP was trying to open a locked door with a pry bar in the jam (extremely difficult to pull off - unless you're like Dwane Johnson). While any one with any basic construction acumen would have realized that most of the hinges were facing the hallway and it would have been much much easier just to pop out the hinge pin. Interesting.
I just tried to pull a pin out of a door hinge with my bare fingers and was unable to budge it at all. But if I had a hammer and a mole wrench, I think I could remove that pin.

If the SP was a burglar, who didn't know there was a CG class at that hour every Monday, and was inside looking for things to steal for at least 30 minutes already - how probable is it that he realized someone had arrived at the porte cochere doors with headlights, that someone had entered the building, out of the entire empty and dark building and wearing a disguise, SP jumped into a SW restroom obstensibly to hide instead of fleeing out the back unseen, only to have MB then inadvertently then enter that same exact restroom resulting in MB's murder?

LE made it clear that MB walked in the direction where SP was - how did SP manage to be exactly where MB would go in that large building and what burglar would want to be there stuck in a SW room unable to escape? If it's a botched burglary and fleeing became more important than taking loot, then why not just skip the murder part and flee immediately, also without loot, when they thought someone had arrived?

JMO but the improbabilities keep adding one on top of the other and it starts to look like a lightning strike from a cloudless sky, or a drowning on dry land.

Like most of us, you want it to not be random. You want it to be planned and with purpose because that makes you feel safer in your own life. If an utterly random and motiveless crime could happen to MB, then it could happen to you and me, too.

So that, in a nutshell, is why everyone wants to believe she was targeted by someone.

Like most of us, you want it to not be random. You want it to be planned and with purpose because that makes you feel safer in your own life. If an utterly random and motiveless crime could happen to MB, then it could happen to you and me, too.

So that, in a nutshell, is why everyone wants to believe she was targeted by someone.

I am one who believes that this was a targeted killing, but speaking only for myself, I in no way WANT for that to be the case. I want this to be random. MB's sweet girls have already lost their mother. If this killing was targeted and was planned by someone who knew Missy, that will be extra devastating for her girls. Trust me, I pray every day that this was random.

Unfortunately, for reasons that have already been enumerated many times by many posters, the evidence points to this being a targeted kill. The evidence, and not my wants, leads me to this conclusion.

I am one who believes that this was a targeted killing, but speaking only for myself, I in no way WANT for that to be the case. I want this to be random. MB's sweet girls have already lost their mother. If this killing was targeted and was planned by someone who knew Missy, that will be extra devastating for her girls. Trust me, I pray every day that this was random.

Unfortunately, for reasons that have already been enumerated many times by many posters, the evidence points to this being a targeted kill. The evidence, and not my wants, leads me to this conclusion.

"Evidence" seen through the filter of bias. I have seen too many times, public opinion go toward conspiracies and complicated connections - anything but the simpleness of being killed by a stranger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member