MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like people were shocked by PC's little interview. This clan has never complied with the gag order. Not even SM in the middle of his trial. What I find shocking or maybe just really stupid, is what PC says and not that she dares to speak. She has already said in previous interviews that the truck never left the yard and we've all seen video of it doing just that. We know that SM was out and about,he has admitted that and we have video. She lies. She is claiming that SM and TM are innocent because she was with them. OK, Polly, you were in the truck running around with SM? Put her on the stand!

She's not the sharpest tool in the shed, is she????

Okay I am coming into this very late so forgive me if this has been discussed/isn't the right place but why the effff did these two have bail and why are they free right now with freedom to do whatever they want including post on Facebook??????

At first bail was denied, then the judge changed. I expected Judge Dennis to give a directed verdict and the Kidnapping charge for SM would be no more.

She's not the sharpest tool in the shed, is she????

I have been involved in Voir Dire twice and one of the first and basic questions the entire group is asked is if you recognize any member of the state or defense team? Usually a raise of hand...brief discussion and attorneys are taking notes...they ask for that juror to be dismissed early on with one of their strikes and normally this is not an issue. From what I understand in this "good old boy" courtroom the judge refused to strike that juror...I have to question how that would go in most areas. Did they just not have enough jurors? This selection was done very quickly for a trial with so much hype in advance. In this case we had two situations the judge knowing the family of defendant and this juror being more than a bit familiar with the defense atty. Sorry but this kind of stuff just would not fly where I live nor should it anywhere in the US. I hope the state follows up on this as this guy sounds like he intends to preside over the next trial and I fully expect from what I saw of his attitude toward the state and his almost blatant attempt to confuse the jury with bad instructions given right in their face instead of from the bench (intimidation) the results will be exactly the same next time. New judge...new jury and frankly I thought all attorneys involved did a good job despite this judge. Am I off base here???

And the investigator/officer that took pics of the apartment said the exact info when she was on the stand, i think - will see if i can find it.

I was pretty sure it was given during the trial and hoped someone had grabbed the info.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/32302394/hung-jury-mistrial-declared-in-sidney-moorer-trial
I have been involved in Voir Dire twice and one of the first and basic questions the entire group is asked is if you recognize any member of the state or defense team? Usually a raise of hand...brief discussion and attorneys are taking notes...they ask for that juror to be dismissed early on with one of their strikes and normally this is not an issue. From what I understand in this "good old boy" courtroom the judge refused to strike that juror...I have to question how that would go in most areas. Did they just not have enough jurors? This selection was done very quickly for a trial with so much hype in advance. In this case we had two situations the judge knowing the family of defendant and this juror being more than a bit familiar with the defense atty. Sorry but this kind of stuff just would not fly where I live nor should it anywhere in the US. I hope the state follows up on this as this guy sounds like he intends to preside over the next trial and I fully expect from what I saw of his attitude toward the state and his almost blatant attempt to confuse the jury with bad instructions given right in their face instead of from the bench (intimidation) the results will be exactly the same next time. New judge...new jury and frankly I thought all attorneys involved did a good job despite this judge. Am I off base here???

No, you're right on track! There over 200 jurors available Monday and they sat the jury within hours (I'm pretty sure that's about right). It was rushed from the beginning and the Judge kept it rushed UNLESS he was bloviating or the defense asked for "indulgence from the court, your honor", which was answered, "of course, take your time". He was condescending to the female solicitor and rude. He came down to shake hands with the defendant, who does that? I'm so thankful that you picked up on this and believe it wouldn't be tolerated in other areas.

Did Truslow ever use the word suspect ? I believe he got the information about the dates/guys from Bri's witness statement. It was up to the Jury to determine how much weight to give this information. A lawsuit against a defense attorney for bringing forth information that might be in favor of his client, would not be successful. IMO

There was a pair that was discussed by KT - it just seemed really nasty how he brought them in but one of them was living across the country at the time of Heather's disappearance. I would think that person would have some legal rights. If it were me, I would do something to defend myself and not have my name slandered in another trial. No one should be permitted to pull my name out in a trial without giving me notice in advance of their intentions and providing a way to keep my name out of it. KT is highly unethical and belongs with the Moorers.

Just a local SC trial I was a juror for involved a lawsuit. Any juror who even knew one of the doctors involved was not used.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/32302394/hung-jury-mistrial-declared-in-sidney-moorer-trial

No, you're right on track! There over 200 jurors available Monday and they sat the jury within hours (I'm pretty sure that's about right). It was rushed from the beginning and the Judge kept it rushed UNLESS he was bloviating or the defense asked for "indulgence from the court, your honor", which was answered, "of course, take your time". He was condescending to the female solicitor and rude. He came down to shake hands with the defendant, who does that? I'm so thankful that you picked up on this and believe it wouldn't be tolerated in other areas.

So, what can legally be done to prevent a repeat when they retry sm again? Aren't there any options available for the Elvis family? I don't understand how that judge wouldn't recuse himself when the Elvis's first brought up the relationship w/ the Moorers. Is it all his ego? I also think it appeared very biased when he shut down the prosecutors closing statements. If it happened to the defense, I'm sure it would have been appealed, and rightly so. It just seems like the accused have so much of an advantage in court over the victims - something needs to change.

So, what can legally be done to prevent a repeat when they retry sm again? Aren't there any options available for the Elvis family? I don't understand how that judge wouldn't recuse himself when the Elvis's first brought up the relationship w/ the Moorers. Is it all his ego? I also think it appeared very biased when he shut down the prosecutors closing statements. If it happened to the defense, I'm sure it would have been appealed, and rightly so. It just seems like the accused have so much of an advantage in court over the victims - something needs to change.

Yes it seems that absent a body here nothing will change in a second trial...there was reasonable doubt provided by defense and it worked for two jurors (not sure if one was his friend) and probably could work for even more next time given the advantage of having spoken with these jurors to see what needs to change. Can the DA file some sort of appeal to deal with these issues..I do understand that they already tried to remove him but a review of his actions in the courtroom this time have to b ring some doubt as to his ability to sit as a far judge again here.

escape2sc said,
According to the timeline posted above
Heather is first at Long Beard's from 2:42 to 2:56 and tries calling the payphone 4 times before leaving Long Beard's , gets 3 minutes down the road and turns around to arrive back at LongBeard's at 3:02 . I think Heather saw Sidney driving towards Long Beards and turned around
There is a 10 minute gap between the time HE last calls the payphone while sitting at Long Beards and when she leaves Long Beards to drive back to her apt. During that 10 minutes she does not try to call the pay phone . I think Heather and Sidney were together at Long Beard's during this 10 minutes. Enough time for Sidney to try to convince her to take the pregnancy test home .
As soon as she leaves Long Beards she calls Sidney's cell phone and talks for 4 minutes Note she does not call the payphone number but calls Sidney's cell phone immediately after leaving Long Beard's . To decide where to meet after she takes the pregnancy test ?
She arrives back at her apt at 3:20 and the phone call with Sidney ends at 3:22 . She is at her apt from 3:20 to 3:25 . She has 3 minutes from the time her phone call ends with Sidney till she drives out of the apt area . Enough time to run inside her apartment , leaving her phone in the car... to get something or to take a pregnancy test ? She leaves her apt at 3:25 and heads to PTL arriving at 3:35 and tries to call Sidney's phone 4 times between 3:38 and 3:41 . Black truck seen on residence video heading towards PTL at 3:36 and away from PTL at 3:49
Bringing this over from last thread. I feel this hour between 2.40am and 3.40am is the most crucial. and that the following witness was the most important for the State.

[video=youtube;EDANtHK2e2E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDANtHK2e2E[/video]

I feel Heather's phone was lost to her at Longbeards car park. Sidney took it and then communicated therein with Tammy who was using Sidney's phone and now driving his truck. Sidney is driving Heathers car now too.
As for Heather? I feel she was taken by a third party(s) from Longbeards. So who was the third party? The young 'gangstas' related to T & S who posted on the night of the 17th about being ready for action or something like that. I cant remember exactly. This would explain the large sums of money. All moo.

Like the judge said - use logic and common sense to come to a conclusion 'and it all points to him'...

Sticky Fingers is right in the area of the Walmart and the pay phone too OG.

FYI, there is a male Moorer, class of 1966, Berkeley High School, SC (classmates.com)

I have heard about Sticky Fingers in reference to the case. How is it connected? Was it brought up in the trial or just something someone had a theory on?

I have heard about Sticky Fingers in reference to the case. How is it connected? Was it brought up in the trial or just something someone had a theory on?

I believe in KT's closing remarks, he said that SM was working at Sticky Fingers that night/morning?

where were Sidney's friends and family during this trial? Going to be more terrible crimes perpetrated by he and his wife....I so wish they could find the body. Someday it will show up.

SM said it to the police when they were in his driveway on December 20th at 2AM (ish). It's on video.

There was a pair that was discussed by KT - it just seemed really nasty how he brought them in but one of them was living across the country at the time of Heather's disappearance. I would think that person would have some legal rights. If it were me, I would do something to defend myself and not have my name slandered in another trial. No one should be permitted to pull my name out in a trial without giving me notice in advance of their intentions and providing a way to keep my name out of it. KT is highly unethical and belongs with the Moorers.

Respectfully stillwatersc, a defense attorney has the right to bring out information contained in a witness statement. The state was more than aware of the information contained in the statement about the guys. The state also knew Truslow was going to hit on this information. The state could have served the guys a subpoena and had them there as a witness to rebut this information. For reasons that should be obvious, the state chose not to do that. Again, Truslow didn't just pull the names out of a hat. This information was contained in Bri's witness statement. She laid the foundation for him to bring forth the information. I suppose if someone wants to place blame, it should be placed on the witness that made that information available.If you feel Truslow was unethical, a complaint to the South Carolina bar would be a good place to start. :loser:

Respectfully stillwatersc, a defense attorney has the right to bring out information contained in a witness statement. The state was more than aware of the information contained in the statement about the guys. The state also knew Truslow was going to hit on this information. The state could have served the guys a subpoena and had them there as a witness to rebut this information. For reasons that should be obvious, the state chose not to do that. Again, Truslow didn't just pull the names out of a hat. This information was contained in Bri's witness statement. She laid the foundation for him to bring forth the information. I suppose if someone wants to place blame, it should be placed on the witness that made that information available.If you feel Truslow was unethical, a complaint to the South Carolina bar would be a good place to start. :loser:

I don't think Truslow's cross and defense rose to unethical standard, but some things he did were crappy. The crappiest was when he cross examined the kid and pointed out he smoked pot. Then he used the kid in the closing to try to help SM's credibility? He's a pothead who didn't remember when he saw cameras while SM had the white truck, but when he said the kind of phone SM had he was the all American boy next door?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong