TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry Steve S but the awning that MB parked under is on the side heading towards Waxahachie which is Southeast of Midlothian. This would be the lowest part of this pic.

That's what I said, the awning corner is the SW corner of the building. The "Waxahachie" side of the church, which is the bottom in the pic, would be the south side of the church, and the awning is on the left end as you look at the overhead. Not being snarky, but you do know the bottom left (where we see the awning, in the pic) of a map with N at the top is SW and not SE, right? See the pic.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Creekside aerial view.png
    Creekside aerial view.png
    223.4 KB · Views: 279
Cannonball you are very committed to B&E scenario. I am just curious why a burglar would just sissy tap a crow bar to gain entry and then just seem like Oh well guess nothing behind that door worth stealing it's all locked up and I can't get in. I know this sounds like I am being a SA but maybe I just going by what my mind imagines a burglar to do. B&E and steal things.

Burglary isn't the only motive of a B&E. He could have broken in to raid the kitchen and/or commit vandalism. Actually stealing things could have been down on the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally agree. It's not rocket science to use a pry bar and a tap with a hammer to wedge it open. I'm a woman and I certainly hope we don't come off as being that ignorant. Or maybe I'm not the average woman.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

I'm with you on this, I'm a female and have via my father as well as my husband, been around construction, carpentry, metal work, etc. I have actually helped out on some projects. So I think there are probably at least a few women out there that are savvy to this kind of thing. Not that unusual at all, IMO. Not to mention the SP appears to me, to have some feminine characteristics. JMO

Burglary isn't the only motive of a B&E. He could have broken in to raid the kitchen and/or commit vandalism. Actually stealing things could have been down on the list.

ok yes I will agree to what you are saying with certain burglars. But let me understand this with MBs murder...

break in
Eat chicken leg and potato salad
break a few things (no spray paint cans to make graffiti)
murder.

Is something wrong with this picture?
(If this turns out to be a B&E I will be the first to say you were correct)

sorry to sound as people say Snarky.

From memory : LE actually said that SP DID spend a lot of time in the kitchen. Sorry, no link, so fwiw... But, was he snackin, or what ? did he have the munchies after getting high ?

To verbonica, cfreyja, chuckj, camerabug, and others who mentioned this issue:

It needs to be noted that the SW does NOT say that MB entered through the "main doors" of the church, and in context it's a bit hazy exactly where their wording is pointing to. Personally, I think they are indicating the SW corner, but as I've noted earlier in this thread, there's a lack of clarity that could only be resolved by having been there, or by asking LE or someone who was there.

The SW wording by LE said this: "At approximately 0418 hours, the victim Terri Bevers is observed entering the building through the main door under the awning area." [bold added]

To know the location indicated, you would first have to ascertain what the "awning area" is, before deciding on its main door. But given that the SW corner has both the best awning for rain and that the class apparently was going to be conducted in that exterior location, I believe the indication is the SW corner. But there's certainly fuzziness.

Just catching up here.. MB's truck was parked Under that SW awning, right? So the class would in all likelyhood be held in a different spot, inside or ??? Just thinking out loud.

Is this a picture of the SP facing directly at the camera? If not a slightly turned head can make the eyes appear wonky and the manipulations would exaggerate it.

Try it yourself with a selfie and your head slightly turned. The eye facing the camera will appear normal, the turned eye will look different because your not seeing the full eye.

No not 100%, BUT it has been zoomed in enough to pick up the possibility that it is likely SP has eye issues. In my opinion.

I used Google Earth to check directions of the church area where Missy parked. It does appear to be SW. Haven't figured out how to post the pic. But someone posted it above.

That's what I said, the awning corner is the SW corner of the building. The "Waxahachie" side of the church, which is the bottom in the pic, would be the south side of the church, and the awning is on the left end as you look at the overhead. Not being snarky, but you do know the bottom left (where we see the awning, in the pic) of a map with N at the top is SW and not SE, right? See the pic.

attachment.php

imagejpeg

From memory : LE actually said that SP DID spend a lot of time in the kitchen. Sorry, no link, so fwiw... But, was he snackin, or what ? did he have the munchies after getting high ?

No, they did not say that the perpetrator spent a lot of time in the kitchen. They said they have no way of know how long he was in the kitchen because there are no cameras in the kitchen and they don't know what time the exterior kitchen door was breached.

From Apr 22, 2016

http://www.waxahachietx.com/article/20160422/NEWS/160429778

“We have executed several search warrants over the last few days,” Midlothian's Assistant Police Chief Kevin Johnson said, adding the investigators continue to move through an investigative checklist as they examine every possible lead. “We are casting a wide net, everywhere where we think we might get a lead.”
Investigators have a list of names tips have brought to their attention, he said.
“We are working through a list of suspicion and right now, we have not ruled anyone out,” Johnson said. “We found tools around the crime scene and are currently analyzing them.”

The continued investigation has been difficult on the family, Bevers' sister-in-law Kristi Stout said, and they are experiencing total fear. The new video changed her perspective on who the suspect may be or what they might have been doing, she added.
“We are clueless. We thought we had someone in mind, but after the press conference today, we learned that our lead may not have been a good one,” Stout said. “I just don't know anymore.”

Hmm, wonder who Kristi had in mind. Because when I think of my sister in law, I can't think of a soul who would want her dead. It's so curious. What was in the new video that changed her mind?

attachment.php

Sorry still Newbie trying to figure out how to post attachment. Hopefully this comes through this time. Here are two maps with orientation. If I am incorrect please clue me in. I could be. I drive 287 at least ten times a week.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Midlothian 1.jpg
    Midlothian 1.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 365
  • Midlothian 2.jpg
    Midlothian 2.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 241
Sorry still Newbie trying to figure out how to post attachment. Hopefully this comes through this time. Here are two maps with orientation. If I am incorrect please clue me in. I could be. I drive 287 at least ten times a week.
attachment.php

attachment.php

There's nothing wrong with your map, or your mark where MB parked. But when you then try to tell me that wasn't the SW corner of the building, that's where you're oddly off. Not sure why, maybe you're directionally challenged with N, S, E and W.

But the red X on your map would be the SW corner of the church, and the top left corner of the church (on your map) which is closest to the Whataburger would be the NW corner of the church. Which is exactly what I've been saying all along.

RBBM

I never realized that! I just Googled pictures of the sanctuary, and it is nothing like I had envisioned. I had wrongly assumed that there were fixed pews. With that new information, your theory is just as likely as the one I have had in my head for a couple of weeks. However, your theory does a better job explaining how LE knew which way SP left. SP could have crossed the hall slow enough to activate the sensor but fast enough to not be picked up by the camera (thanks SteveS for the idea).

It begs one questions though - how did the campers find her right at 5:00? Would the campers also have had reason to enter the sanctuary?

I don’t think anything happened in the auditorium/sanctuary.
1. In churches. The auditorium is the most important room to lock. It’s got the A/V(most breakable and valuable thing in the building, probably), the drums (also are a bit fragile and too tempting for kids and teens to play on.) It was most likely locked. SP COULD have broken out the glass and reached his/her arm in and unlocked the door so he/she could quickly exit through to the north side (I think Steve’s right). Churches generally resist putting security camera’s in their auditorium/”sanctuary”. The only one I’ve ever worked on was a mega-church that had them hidden in the ceiling and scanned the crowds forthreats when filled.
2. Most buildings, esp churches this size, will have a lockset to the exterior doors and a separate lockset to the interiordoors. MB could get into the vestibule,and have access to all those hallways. I doubt they would hand over complete access to the entire building to anon-member/staff. The bathrooms are public restrooms and almost never locked. If this is a newer construction (which it looks like) there will generally be a water fountain by or between the bathrooms (there’s water running in the framing already). If there are 1-2 dozen people working out for an hour+ in the morning shortly after getting their digestive system moving, you KNOW at least one of them needed to go to the bathroom so MB would have had a routine of opening the Ext Door to accommodate this (before anyone arrived).
3. The kitchen is iffy. Most churches usually try lock it because there’s food in there and kids will sometimes pillage it (and then you’remaking something and it’s missing something because it got pillaged. Church kitchens generally will have lots of accesspoints, roll-up doors for serving large numbers et al. So keeping everything locked can bechallenging. But SP could have clearedout a windowed door here as well (answering the question – Why was SP breaking windows.)
4. I believe everything happened in the hallways and recesses for the auditorium doorways. The CG’s saw her on the ground, looking through the ext. glass door. And entered when they realized what was going on. They couldn’t have seen her if she was in the auditorium.

Oh, I just had a breakthrough which makes much more sense than a targeted attack or a burglary.

SP wasn't there because of MB. SP is angry at that church or someone who is a leader of that church.

SP didn't know MB's early arrival time, only that class started at 5am. Therefore, SP was there at 3:50am, smashing things, expecting to be long gone before 5am and was looking for something in particular that has meaning to SP. SP wasn't surprised but, rather, annoyed at the Dutch doors because someone left them separated when closed. Someone didn't do their job properly.

I have always wondered how SP could creep around a building without having to go to the bathroom and now, I realize - SP didn't. Before leaving, SP went to the bathroom, where there are no cameras, took off the helmet to rinse her face, did her business and MB walked in and recognized SP. Hence, the murder. I say 'her' because MB wouldn't walk into the men's room.

This is how SP knew that there were no cameras outside and also exactly where to park to be off the camera's image.

This is how SP knew how to exit the building without being seen again on camera and SP had to do so because the head gear was already off and there was the chance of people showing up. It always bugged me that SP got out of there without being captured on the cameras. Seemed entirely too lucky. No such thing as luck. How would SP know this trick and why avoid the camera post murder when being so flagrant pre-murder?. Because the helmet was off. Makes sense now.

SP may just very well be a disgruntled ex-member of CoC who hasn't been around for a while, maybe even since before MB started having classes there, who was injured during that time and maybe didn't know MB was having classes there anyway.

The Sunday before the murder, the CoC was having a blood drive and it was advertised and a lot of people showed up to donate. It was a success. It may have gotten some press. It ticked someone off.

I think the trail leads to CoC.

All just my opinion.

There's nothing wrong with your map, or your mark where MB parked. But when you then try to tell me that wasn't the SW corner of the building, that's where you're oddly off. Not sure why, maybe you're directionally challenged with N, S, E and W.

But the red X on your map would be the SW corner of the church, and the top left corner of the church (on your map) which is closest to the Whataburger would be the NW corner of the church. Which is exactly what I've been saying all along.

not directionally challenged. I wasn't being mean to you.

Where MB was parked is on the East side of the building facing 287 (which is south side of the building) and that corner faces east towards Waxahachie. The other corner closest to Whataburger would be SW end going towards Ft worth.

I don’t think anything happened in the auditorium/sanctuary.
1. In churches. The auditorium is the most important room to lock. It’s got the A/V(most breakable and valuable thing in the building, probably), the drums (also are a bit fragile and too tempting for kids and teens to play on.) It was most likely locked. SP COULD have broken out the glass and reached his/her arm in and unlocked the door so he/she could quickly exit through to the north side (I think Steve’s right). Churches generally resist putting security camera’s in their auditorium/”sanctuary”. The only one I’ve ever worked on was a mega-church that had them hidden in the ceiling and scanned the crowds forthreats when filled.
2. Most buildings, esp churches this size, will have a lockset to the exterior doors and a separate lockset to the interiordoors. MB could get into the vestibule,and have access to all those hallways. I doubt they would hand over complete access to the entire building to anon-member/staff. The bathrooms are public restrooms and almost never locked. If this is a newer construction (which it looks like) there will generally be a water fountain by or between the bathrooms (there’s water running in the framing already). If there are 1-2 dozen people working out for an hour+ in the morning shortly after getting their digestive system moving, you KNOW at least one of them needed to go to the bathroom so MB would have had a routine of opening the Ext Door to accommodate this (before anyone arrived).
3. The kitchen is iffy. Most churches usually try lock it because there’s food in there and kids will sometimes pillage it (and then you’remaking something and it’s missing something because it got pillaged. Church kitchens generally will have lots of accesspoints, roll-up doors for serving large numbers et al. So keeping everything locked can bechallenging. But SP could have clearedout a windowed door here as well (answering the question – Why was SP breaking windows.)
4. I believe everything happened in the hallways and recesses for the auditorium doorways. The CG’s saw her on the ground, looking through the ext. glass door. And entered when they realized what was going on. They couldn’t have seen her if she was in the auditorium.

1. A burglar or someone staging a burglary would want to find the AV equipment because it is valuable, no? Even BB mentioned that.

2. MB was running a business and leasing the church spaces for that purpose. Given the obvious risks of excercising and potential liabilities, the CoC no doubt has a facilities manager and probably a lawyer who reviewed a contract with MB and CG to clarifiy potential liabilities and insurance, define exactly what MB could and could not access or do, define dates and times, an end date for the contract, etc., which everyone signed and for which consideration was given.

4. RBBM. I have seen this promoted repeatedly without any link or presser that "the CG campers saw MB through the glass". Do you have a link? Who said this? JMO but it was a theory that has grown legs.

Quote Originally Posted by CHUCKJ View Post
I will have to go back and find it. It is best to read all threads from the beginning. All facts that are known, have been clarified here on WS early on with multiple links to every available interview, or press conference. Things seem to get tangled as many here are reading opinion for fact and then there are many following pages of back and forth by those who are uninformed. If you have been following elswhere on the web, it is very lilkey that much of the information you have is rumor, or has been skewed as fact, as I have noticed in just a few other places that the conversation is nothing more than wild speculation based on absolutly nothing. Also, the ones I looked at didn't seem to be moderated at all. Many people spouting "I heard, etc.". I have seen lately that some of that has spilled into WS. I think mostly because after weeks of the same converstaion, people are looking around for new information. I would suggest not bringing things that have no basis in truth here but rather go back and follow all threads from the beginning and maybe jot some notes on what has been established and what has not

Please forgive me in advance as this was not intended to be rude. It's just that all this has been covered at length. I'm also not discouraging anyones personal speculation on what may have happened, but some of you are rehashing known, and verified facts, of witch we don't have many, so I think it is important to get up to speed. Then consentrate on any actual new information and theory.

Respectfully BBM.. :goodpost: Not intending to be rude or snarky either. I totally agree.

not directionally challenged. I wasn't being mean to you.

Where MB was parked is on the East side of the building facing 287 (which is south side of the building) and that corner faces east towards Waxahachie. The other corner closest to Whataburger would be SW end going towards Ft worth.
Fort Worth is Northwest of CoC, Whataburger, Midlothian, and Mansfield. Whataburger is Northwest of CoC. Your own map shows that. Waxahatchie is Southeast of CoC.

Where MB parked is the South side of the building. The East side of the building faces the North Prong Creek. The kitchen is on the North side. The main doors with the high overhang and handicapped parking is the West side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member