CA - Mass casualty incident, 5+ stabbed at Neo-Nazi rally, Sacramento, 26 June 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I think you misunderstood. It sounds much more like an attempt to justify the use of mob violence to shut down speech that one doesn't like. It really doesn't have anything to do with Nazi Germany — except for the fact that if BAMN and Antifa gain enough power, America may well become like Nazi Germany. I think it's very important to stand up to hate groups like this and stop them.

Agree to disagree - I read no justification of violence in this incident.

But the hate group part - I agree. It's fortunate we have organizations like the SPLC to map, track, and make us aware of them. Neo-Nazis and White Nationalist are dangerous. We can stand up to them, too bad we can't actually stop them.

Friend, let's play let's pretend. Replace last month's Nazi group with "organization against skinny jeans." Do your feelings about rights to speak without being attacked change when nazis become fashion police or no?

Because I get your feelings about Nazi Germany nazis. These weren't Nazi Germany nazis. So, separating them, leaving the nazis of yore out of it, what are your thoughts about protesters being physically assaulted by counter protesters?

I am not talking about this. I am asking what people would have done during Nazi Germany. It is of interest to me, but I see that people may have never asked themselves what they would have done.Same thing like the people who did things fo the Underground railroad or the ones who made unions or the Suffragettes. Just a thing I ask myself. What wouldvI have done.

I am not talking about this. I am asking what people would have done during Nazi Germany. It is of interest to me, but I see that people may have never asked themselves what they would have done.Same thing like the people who did things fo the Underground railroad or the ones who made unions or the Suffragettes. Just a thing I ask myself. What wouldvI have done.
Okay I was just trying to bring it back to the topic of the thread. Your topic and questions are valid and you are not the only person to have ever thought about them. I just was wanting to talk about the incident the threat is talking about. I would be interested in participating in a thread in the basement about your question though. Have a great day everybody

How would that have worked in Nazi Germany? Just asking the question. Don't need a big put down on me. Just wondering what people think.

What happened in Nazi Germany was horrific. I probably wouldn't have taken up arms against the Nazis but I would like to think I would have sheltered Jews.

The modern day neo-nazi groups in America are hateful but they don't compare to Nazi Germany and IMO would never escalate to that level in the United States. I know I would shelter any innocents that were under attack from this hate group.

Two (or more) hate groups clashed in Sacramento at the Neo-Nazi rally. The violent aggressors in this case were the anti-fascists and not the neo-nazi group. The anti-fascist group had a right to be there but NO right whatsoever to physically attack.
They are the the most dangerous group, one is even called 'by any means necessary'. That hate group out-numbered the neo-nazis 10 to 1. They could have just shouted them down and would have been very effective but NO they chose violence.

You question is a thought provoking one and wouldn't it be great to erase all the hate in the world but sadly I don't think that will happen in our life times.

JMO

The First Amendment is first for a reason. Jmo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, there is a difference. If this group has NEVER perpetuated violence, they are different than one who has. HOWEVER, most white nationalist/hate groups have been violent at some time and I think it's common sense that they know the risks. That does not make it ok for antifa or any other gang to physically attack them. As i have said repeatedly.

Have the specific white nationalists who were attacked last Sunday by violent mobs been violent before? Is there any difference between white nationalists who don't instigate violence and those who do? Is it justified for a violent mob to attack a group of white nationalists because other white nationalists have been violent before?

Nah. I do not support violence. Drilled into me by my parents that lived through several wars and saw the futility -and carnage of it all . Even though they lost everything and their families.

The people on here originally said anti fac were loving and kind. I challenged that with links and now it has been turned around that I support violence. Whatever.

There are lots of people that support violence depending on who the group is.

The police are supported often by some and not by others sometimes, Stand your ground is supported by some. Interesting .

<modsnip>

There do indeed seem to be a lot of people who support violence when the violent group's politics align with their own.

I am always against initiating violence in pursuit of political goals &#8212; whatever they may be.

I am always in support of free speech &#8212; whatever the content of that speech may be.

It makes for a very simple, clear-cut bright line.

Yes, there is a difference. If this group has NEVER perpetuated violence, they are different than one who has. HOWEVER, most white nationalist/hate groups have been violent at some time and I think it's common sense that they know the risks. That does not make it ok for antifa or any other gang to physically attack them. As i have said repeatedly.

I'm not at all sure that's true. Do you have a link to any data to support that?

Over the years, I've seen only sporadic and isolated reports of violence by white nationalist groups. Mostly they seem to parade around with signs and then go home.

No, nt going to look for links.

<modsnip>

I agree that the group had the right to their demo. I agree that the other group is wrong for assaulting them. I don't agree that one hate group is better than another.

Have a good day!

I'm not at all sure that's true. Do you have a link to any data to support that?

Over the years, I've seen only sporadic and isolated reports of violence by white nationalist groups. Mostly they seem to parade around with signs and then go home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member